PDA

View Full Version : THIS ISN'T OVER: Spurs can win this thing

tmtcsc
04-26-2009, 03:27 PM
I know that we haven't seen anything yet from our Bench guys that says we can pull this together against Dallas, but I still think its very possible.

What we need is for our role players to get their confidence back in Game 5. That means Mason especially and to some extent Bonner. If you can really narrow our problems down to 1 player in this series that has let us down, its Mason.

He has been terrible when he plays the point position and seems to have lost his confidence. I think if we go to JV or hill for pg duties and let Mason do what he does best ->shoot, then we will be that much better. He doesn't need to worry about running the offense, he just needs to score.

As I've mentioned before, if we were playing anyone else, I would probably lean towards us being finished but against Dallas, we are very much alive.
I give them credit for winning here and standing their ground at home but I really feel as though this team will eventually crack and show its true colors.
THEY WILL CHOKE and will have a letdown.

If we take care of business and win Tuesday and give ourselves a chance to win 1 out of 3 games on the road, we will win this in 7. IT IS NOT OVER.

Now, looking to the second round ? Outlook not so rosey...but for crap sake, beat the Mavs. Manu or no Manu.

completely deck
04-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Via Twitter:

Bowen12 (http://twitter.com/Bowen12)Thank you "True Spurs Fans" it's unfortunate that we have some "Fair Weather Fans" out there that only root for us when we WIN!

Galileo
04-26-2009, 06:11 PM
The Spurs can come back.

First of all, they have two out of three at home, and second, they are a better team.

Historically, in the NBA, there have been 6 teams that had home court advantage in round 1, and went down 3-1.

2 of the 6 came back to win the series.

http://www.whowins.com/tables/up31.html

jrmp317
04-26-2009, 06:19 PM
I will cheer for them until they get eliminated

Avitus1
04-26-2009, 06:19 PM
I Believe. Go Spurs Go!

mrcoon29
04-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Hoped for more rest before next round but...it is what it is! Spurs in 7!

The_Worlds_finest
04-26-2009, 06:27 PM
DID I MISS THE MEMO??? I thought playoffs were a best of 4??? GO SPURS GO!!!

Rummpd
04-26-2009, 07:00 PM
not giving up hope in this still great team.

Sean Cagney
04-26-2009, 07:02 PM
I hope they can, that would great. Someone needs to step up to help Tony and Timmay though, if not they are toast.

mrs.purss
04-26-2009, 07:05 PM
It will happen

Pablo Escobar
04-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Que the fat lady

BUMP
04-26-2009, 07:23 PM
:sleep:sleep:sleep

Well u guys have 48 hours til the offseason might as well embrace the moment til then

Fernando TD21
04-26-2009, 07:39 PM
I believe in them. They can win this series.

Via Twitter:

Bowen12Thank you "True Spurs Fans" it's unfortunate that we have some "Fair Weather Fans" out there that only root for us when we WIN!
Is that really Bruce? Well it doesn't really matter, I agree with him.

SA210
04-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Till DEATH!

KVas
04-26-2009, 07:49 PM
It's still very winnable. My question is do they really want to waste the effort when they are just about done. Parker saying they got more weapons than us really is him saying I have no help. Our role players are the reason we're in this 3-1 hole but if they turn it on for the next three games this series goes to us 4-3. I love Bowen starting but I really think he should be starting over Finley. Mason has shown all year that he can't produce off the bench, which is strange considering he did that for the Wizards all last year. Oh, and do we finally have a backup pg again? Hill's playing time in the 4th is a sign that he may play a big role in game 5. Pop can't not be impressed with the way he played in game 4. He's foolish if he doesn't continue to give him playing time.

Spursox
04-26-2009, 08:06 PM
3 Wins in row will be large mountain to climb....Damn I wish we had the "GIST"!

crc21209
04-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Pop FINALLY started Bowen but at the expense of the wrong player...Roger Mason Jr. He should've started Bowen over Finley and kept Mason in the starting line-up as well. So TP, Mason, Bowen, Duncan, and either Thomas or Gooden. Screw Bonner...he's done. All that being said....its really unfair that people would bash Bowen on twitter, there is no need for that. This team needs its fans and the city now more than ever. C'mon guys...lead our guys to victory in Game 5! If the Spurs can win Game 5...and then game 6...I guarantee I will be there for them in Game 7! Believe. :flag:

Shank
04-26-2009, 08:17 PM
How can any of you, after what you've seen in the first 4 games, honestly believe that your team has enough to reel off 3 in a row?

Even if they win Tuesday night, there's ZERO chance of them taking a game in Dallas on Friday.

ElNono
04-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Of course we can still win this thing. But it's going to take some guys to show up, and Pop playing some role players a lot more than what he has been playing them.
There's always hope.

BUMP
04-26-2009, 08:21 PM
How can any of you, after what you've seen in the first 4 games, honestly believe that your team has enough to reel off 3 in a row?

Even if they win Tuesday night, there's ZERO chance of them taking a game in Dallas on Friday.

dont even try logic doesn't apply to SpurFan, they'll somehow do it.

its the San Antonio Fantasy Island Spurs, if you think really hard it will happen:lol

45 bank shot
04-26-2009, 08:30 PM
:lol
dont even try logic doesn't apply to SpurFan, they'll somehow do it.

its the San Antonio Fantasy Island Spurs, if you think really hard it will happen:lol

exactly thaz how Mavs choked so bad in 2006 against the Heat n it just happens

crc21209
04-26-2009, 08:33 PM

And how can any of you Dallas fans believe and think that you will ever win a title with that team. Dirk, Terry, and Howard have proven over and over again that they simply cannot get it done when its needed the most. (06' being up 2-0 in the Finals only to lose 4 straight, and 07' being the best team in the regular season only to lose in the 1st round to the Warriors.) Mav's fans will never have any room to talk around here.

KVas
04-26-2009, 08:33 PM

Ha cause at any given moment the Spurs can turn it on suddenly and if they do the Mavs won't be able to beat them. The Mavs haven't beat them, the Spurs have beaten themselves.

Big P
04-26-2009, 08:35 PM
I know that we haven't seen anything yet from our Bench guys that says we can pull this together against Dallas, but I still think its very possible.

What we need is for our role players to get its confidence back in Game 5. That means Mason especially and to some extent Bonner. If you can really narrow our problems down to 1 player in this series that has let us down, its Mason.

He has been terrible when he plays the point position and seems to have lost his confidence. I think if we go to JV or hill for pg duties and let Mason do what he does best ->shoot, then we will be that much better. He doesn't need to worry about running the offense, he just needs to score.

As I've mentioned before, if we were playing anyone else, I would probably lean towards us being finished but against Dallas, we are very much alive.
I give them credit for winning here and standing their ground at home but I really feel as though this team will eventually crack and show its true colors.

If we take care of business and win Tuesday and give ourselves a chance to win 1 out of 3 games on the road, we will win this in 7. IT IS NOT OVER.

Now, looking to the second round ? Outlook not so rosey...but for crap sake, beat the Mavs. Manu or no Manu.

To the end my brother:flag:

I love your avatar..have I told you? :toast

King
04-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Not having faith in them to do it doesn't mean you're not still a fan. They're not playing well outside of Tony and Tim. That's not a secret. That's not being a bad fan. That's being realistic. I'll still pull for them, and scream at the TV on Tuesday night, and cuss the refs, and wish ill things on Dallas -- but I still don't think they'll pull out the series.

LEONARD
04-26-2009, 08:36 PM
BELIEVE!!!! :flag:

DID I MISS THE MEMO??? I thought playoffs were a best of 4??? GO SPURS GO!!!

Best of 7 actually...

Ha cause at any given moment the Spurs can turn it on suddenly and if they do the Mavs won't be able to beat them. The Mavs haven't beat them, the Spurs have beaten themselves.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

KVas
04-26-2009, 08:39 PM
BELIEVE!!!! :flag:

Best of 7 actually...

You laugh cause its true. Not saying it's going to happen but I know the Spurs are making them look better than they are. You can tell by watching game 2.

BUMP
04-26-2009, 08:44 PM
its cool that u guys are bonding and stuff but wouldnt it just be easier to just give up, because its obvious the Spurs already have. Parker will have to string together the 3 greatest games of his career in order for them to even have a chance. and Timmy's knee will literally burst spilling the blood and bone marrow all over the front row if this goes to a game 7.

While u guys are looking ahead to game 5, they are looking ahead to next week in Maui

ElNono
04-26-2009, 08:48 PM
its cool that u guys are bonding and stuff but wouldnt it just be easier to just give up, because its obvious the Spurs already have. Parker will have to string together the 3 greatest games of his career in order for them to even have a chance. and Timmy's knee will literally burst spilling the blood and bone marrow all over the front row if this goes to a game 7.

While u guys are looking ahead to game 5, they are looking ahead to next week in Maui

It's the Mavs... we always have a chance.

tmtcsc
04-26-2009, 09:54 PM

This will be a worse meltdown than the finals.

Spursmania
04-26-2009, 10:58 PM
It's the Mavs... we always have a chance.

Agree, it's the Mavs which automatically means we have a shot.:toast

Shank
04-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Agree, it's the Mavs which automatically means we have a shot.:toast

Really? Because the Mavs have seemed to weather the Spurs best shots already.

Here's the deal...and follow me on this one -

There isn't enough firepower on the Spurs roster to do anything about it. 2 guys, that's it. Bonner sucks, Finley sucks, Mason sucks, Gooden is a fucking retard, Thomas sucks, Bowen can't score, Oberto sucks, Hill is a scrub.

What else?

Shank
04-26-2009, 11:03 PM
And how can any of you Dallas fans believe and think that you will ever win a title with that team. Dirk, Terry, and Howard have proven over and over again that they simply cannot get it done when its needed the most. (06' being up 2-0 in the Finals only to lose 4 straight, and 07' being the best team in the regular season only to lose in the 1st round to the Warriors.) Mav's fans will never have any room to talk around here.

I'll get back to you on this one, should they make the Finals. Let's have them dispatch of your sweet little Spurs first.

Spursmania
04-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Really? Because the Mavs have seemed to weather the Spurs best shots already.

Here's the deal...and follow me on this one -

There isn't enough firepower on the Spurs roster to do anything about it. 2 guys, that's it. Bonner sucks, Finley sucks, Mason sucks, Gooden is a fucking retard, Thomas sucks, Bowen can't score, Oberto sucks, Hill is a scrub.

What else?

Doesn't matter. It's still the Dallas Mavs.:lol

Shank
04-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Doesn't matter. It's still the Dallas Mavs.:lol

Dallas Mavs 3, Spurs 1. Lol at that shit.

You can mock all you want, motherfucker. Doesn't change the fact that your team's little run is about to come to a crashing halt.

But, please continue to "believe" all you want. You can shit in one hand and believe in the other and see which one fills up first.

Ghazi
04-26-2009, 11:10 PM
2007 was a bad matchup

2006 was whistles

The Spurs are not a bad match up for the Mavs, so by referencing 2006 you're conceding the only way the Spurs can win this series is the refs.

4001 STEREO SPUR
04-26-2009, 11:11 PM
If someone else will give Tim and Tony some help....

It is the Mavs. If anyone can choke, they can.

Ghazi
04-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Spurs choked in 2004 and 2008

If anyone can choke, the spurs can.

SouthTexasRancher
04-26-2009, 11:15 PM
:sleep:sleep:sleep

Well u guys have 48 hours til the offseason might as well embrace the moment til then

It really is so amusing, bump, to watch all of you Mavette fans carry on with the Round 1 NBA 'World' Championship. I guess that is all any of you could expect with all the failures you Mavette fans have had to suffer through. We have been through this before...in fact after 1999 we had to wait till the 2003 Championship to win our second of 4 NBA Championships! But, since this little 1st round is so important for you and your buddies, go ahead and enjoy it while you can.

BUMP
04-26-2009, 11:15 PM
This is like playing basketball with the one-armed kid with down syndrome. You beat him to a pulp and feel so sorry for him, but he never wants to quit until the beating is so severe he has to put a gun to his head and end it.

Shank
04-26-2009, 11:16 PM
If someone else will give Tim and Tony some help....

And who might that be?

This mystery person had the perfect opportunity to step up last game and no one would. Mavs shot 38% and won. If just one guy was able to do something of value, this would be 2-2 now. But as it stands, there isn't enough offensive firepower aside from Parker and Duncan. On top of that, I'd be amazed if they were able to replicate the same production as last game.

Shank
04-26-2009, 11:17 PM
It really is so amusing, bump, to watch all of you Mavette fans carry on with the Round 1 NBA 'World' Championship. I guess that is all any of you could expect with all the failures you Mavette fans have had to suffer through. We have been through this before...in fact after 1999 we had to wait till the 2003 Championship to win our second of 4 NBA Championships! But, since this little 1st round is so important for you and your buddies, go ahead and enjoy it while you can.

The Spur have 4 titles? Since when? That's news.

braeden0613
This is like playing basketball with the one-armed kid with down syndrome. You beat him to a pulp and feel so sorry for him, but he never wants to quit until the beating is so severe he has to put a gun to his head and end it.
Then the winner goes and gets schooled by a bigger kid and feels worse than the guy with down syndrome.

sachick210

JUST LIKE THA MAVS DID IN 06

:lmao

Shank
04-26-2009, 11:19 PM
JUST LIKE THA MAVS DID IN 06

Clever. Did you just come up with that all on your own? You know - the whole 'Mavs 2006' bit? Because, I have to tell you, it's pretty original. We appreciate fresh takes around here and, sister, you seem to have a great one.

Ghazi
04-26-2009, 11:19 PM
I wish someone would give intelligent reason why Spurs have a shot to win series.

im not saying they dont, but to say "cause its v the mavs and they choke!!!!" is just fucking retarded.

crc21209
04-26-2009, 11:22 PM
I'll get back to you on this one, should they make the Finals. Let's have them dispatch of your sweet little Spurs first.

Sorry...just not enough heart or guts on anyone on that team to make it to the Finals.

Shank
04-26-2009, 11:22 PM
I wish someone would give intelligent reason why Spurs have a shot to win series.

im not saying they dont, but to say "cause its v the mavs and they choke!!!!" is just fucking retarded.

It's because they all "BELIEEEEEEEVE". Don't you get it?

SouthTexasRancher
04-26-2009, 11:23 PM

Ghaza Stripper, there is NO one and I do mean NO one who is a bigger choker than your little Dallas Mavette girlieboyz team. You ladies can gag a maggot. We have been giving you so many chances out of the goodness of our heart's, only to have you go over the cliff every f'ing time. Just when do you little lads from up north plan on finally winning it all? What? I can't hearrrrrrrrrr you! Did you say it ain't never gonna happen? That's exactly what I thought you said. FWIW, the Fat Lady is about to start singing for everyone that is not the Cleveland Cavs. I honestly expected more from you classless fans. You have passed the Phoney Sunettes fans for lowest of the low. Bellyskimmers is what we call rodents like you. :blah

Shank
04-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Sorry...just not enough heart or guts on anyone on that team to make it to the Finals.

You want to talk about heartless and gutless? Look at how your own little franchise has looked these past 2 games. Way to lay down.

gameFACE
04-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Forget that. Look on the bright side. After this series Mavs fans can brag that their team has eliminated the Spurs TWICE in the playoffs. That's a pretty big accomplishment for some teams.

While the Spurs have a Lloyd Christmas chance of winning this series it can definitely get to a Game 7. By that time the Spurs will be pretty gassed though.

SouthTexasRancher
04-26-2009, 11:28 PM

ROTFFLMFAO. There is not a soul in Dallas, nor a Dallas Mavette fan any where who could comprehend anything intelligent. We've found over the years that talking to you ladies it is best to get down on the 1st or 2nd grade level.

BTW, I am still waiting for one of you Mavettes to tell us in what Century your little girlieboyz team will finally win an NBA Championship? ROTFLMAO!!!

BUMP
04-26-2009, 11:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/reaper_chevelle/popashit.jpg
:lol:lol:lol

crc21209
04-26-2009, 11:30 PM
You want to talk about heartless and gutless? Look at how your own little franchise has looked these past 2 games. Way to lay down.

You wanna talk about heartless and gutless...try 2006 NBA Finals up 2-0 only to choke 4 in a row...only to go into the next season and win a franchise record of games in the reg. season only to lose in the 1st round to an 8th seed. All that needs to be said and known is:

Spurs- 4-0 in NBA Finals

Mavs- 0-1 in NBA Finals

Peace Mavs idiot. :flag:

SouthTexasRancher
04-26-2009, 11:32 PM

So tell us when your team is FINALLY going to win an NBA Championship? Is there any chance it will happen before the end of the planet in 4.5 billion years from now? We all realize it ain't gonna happen in any of our lifetimes but, damn, you really need to get it before the Sun swells up and engulfs this planet. We're pulling for you! The Dallas Mavettes, Texas' Girlieboyz team! ROTFLMAO

sachick210
04-26-2009, 11:32 PM

so just because our team hasnt played its best this series it makes them heartless and gutless?

lol

Yorae
04-26-2009, 11:33 PM
If ever the mavs still lose this one, they will have the word choker rewritten all over them.

SouthTexasRancher
04-26-2009, 11:34 PM

Like we keep telling you ladies, you Dallas hickabillies are dumb as cow patties. Maybe next year you'll be able to count past '1'.

Shank
04-26-2009, 11:35 PM
so just because our team hasnt played its best this series it makes them heartless and gutless?

lol

Pop waving the white flag in the 3rd quarter.
Duncan heading to the locker-room before Game 4 was finished.
No one stepping up to help the 2 stars on the team and allowing a supposedly 'weak' Mavs team to curbstomp their asses.

Heartless and gutless.

But hey, keep bringing up the past - 4 rings, 2006, the Heat, etc. We've heard it all before. Tell me how living in the past is going to stop the inevitable in this series. All you fuckers are just whistling past the graveyard, ignoring the writing on the wall. Unless there's a major infusion of youth and talent next year, your beloved Spurs are done for a long fucking time.

Shank
04-26-2009, 11:35 PM
If ever the mavs still lose this one, they will have the word choker rewritten all over them.

That's the spirit.

Shank
04-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Like we keep telling you ladies, you Dallas hickabillies are dumb as cow patties. Maybe next year you'll be able to count past '1'.

Dude, reading your dumb shit littered all over this board, I've come to the conclusion that SpursDynasty>SouthTexasRancher.

lol rancher

SouthTexasRancher
04-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Dude, reading your dumb shit littered all over this board, I've come to the conclusion that SpursDynasty>SouthTexasRancher.

lol rancher

Nice dodge kid, but no cigar. Are you going to tell us when your Dallas Losers are ever going to win an NBA Championship? No, I didn't think so because it ain't never going to happen. Your Dallas Mavettes, Texas' World Famous Girlieboyz team, is the biggest embarASSment the NBA has ever had. It took San Antonio to come up there and rescue one team from sissytown and once you finally got another team it just keeps failing, year after year, after year, after decade, after decade, and soon to be after century, after century.

Well kid, enjoy your 3 wins while you can. It is funny that you people think this round is the NBA Championship series. ROTFLMAO@U See ya, kiddo.

sachick210
04-26-2009, 11:47 PM
No one stepping up to help the 2 stars on the team and allowing a supposedly 'weak' Mavs team to curbstomp their asses.

Heartless and gutless.

But hey, keep bringing up the past - 4 rings, 2006, the Heat, etc. We've heard it all before. Tell me how living in the past is going to stop the inevitable in this series. All you fuckers are just whistling past the graveyard, ignoring the writing on the wall. Unless there's a major infusion of youth and talent next year, your beloved Spurs are done for a long fucking time.

lol again everyone goin back to the spurs being an old team, they are old but they are still good, just because they are goin thru a rough time this series doesnt men they are too old for anything.

Shank
04-26-2009, 11:52 PM
lol again everyone goin back to the spurs being an old team, they are old but they are still good, just because they are goin thru a rough time this series doesnt men they are too old for anything.

I believe they call that the denial stage, sweetheart.

Shank
04-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Nice dodge kid, but no cigar. Are you going to tell us when your Dallas Losers are ever going to win an NBA Championship? No, I didn't think so because it ain't never going to happen. Your Dallas Mavettes, Texas' World Famous Girlieboyz team, is the biggest embarASSment the NBA has ever had. It took San Antonio to come up there and rescue one team from sissytown and once you finally got another team it just keeps failing, year after year, after year, after decade, after decade, and soon to be after century, after century.

Well kid, enjoy your 3 wins while you can. It is funny that you people think this round is the NBA Championship series. ROTFLMAO@U See ya, kiddo.

Only old motherfuckers think it's an insult to call people "kid" and "kiddo".

And what the fuck is a Mavette?

lol confused faggot grandpa

BUMP
04-26-2009, 11:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/reaper_chevelle/duncanover.jpg

SequSpur
04-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Bowen12Thank you "True Spurs Fans" it's unfortunate that we have some "Fair Weather Fans" out there that only root for us when we WIN!

This isn't the Special Olympics. Shit... If you ain't first, you're last.

Shank
04-26-2009, 11:57 PM
And it's at this point in the evening that I'll leave you with Bump to now troll the ever-living shit out of everyone.

Goodnight, motherfuckers.

Take it away, Bump!

BUMP
04-27-2009, 12:02 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/damn_bubba/Spurs-Suck.jpg

SequSpur
04-27-2009, 12:03 AM
whatever...

BUMP
04-27-2009, 12:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/reaper_chevelle/poprunning.jpg

DubMcDub
04-27-2009, 12:25 AM
The Spurs can come back.

First of all, they have two out of three at home, and second, they are a better team.

Historically, in the NBA, there have been 6 teams that had home court advantage in round 1, and went down 3-1.

2 of the 6 came back to win the series.

http://www.whowins.com/tables/up31.html

You're not too good at gleaning the relevance of statistics, it seems.

Spork KIller
04-27-2009, 12:38 AM

What we need is for our role players to get their confidence back in Game 5. That means Mason especially and to some extent Bonner. If you can really narrow our problems down to 1 player in this series that has let us down, its Mason.

Keep telling that to yourself asshole..

It is OVER!

Spork KIller
04-27-2009, 12:40 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/damn_bubba/Spurs-Suck.jpg

Spork KIller
04-27-2009, 12:40 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/reaper_chevelle/duncanover.jpg

crc21209
04-27-2009, 01:51 AM

Heartless and gutless.

You do realize after the 2010 season, the Spurs will only have TP and Duncan under contract...leaving the Spurs open to sign ANYONE they want or can...so the future is still bright. Can't say the same for a franchise who hasnt gotten very far in recent history and has made horrible personnel decisions lately (Harris for Kidd, etc.)

crc21209
04-27-2009, 01:52 AM

:lol at a guy who's team didnt even make the PO's...and has FAILED miserably since the creation of the team.

crc21209
04-27-2009, 01:53 AM
And it's at this point in the evening that I'll leave you with Bump to now troll the ever-living shit out of everyone.

Goodnight, motherfuckers.

Take it away, Bump!

:sleep Troll on idiot.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-27-2009, 03:51 AM
lol @ Mavs fans coming here to convince us our chances to win the series are slim.

Insecure losers.

Naelven
04-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Being 3-1 is not different from being at 0-0...

I explain :

Spurs needed to win 1 game away and 3 game at home.
They won 1 at home and still need to win 1 game away and 2 games at home...

So they have to do right now what they had to do when they were at 0-0.

The only thing that has changed is that they need to do it in a row...

Spurs can do it, for sure !!

Shank
04-27-2009, 06:45 AM
Convince? It's a fact they're slim. Or maybe you don't watch your own team play?

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-27-2009, 06:59 AM
Convince? It's a fact they're slim. Or maybe you don't watch your own team play?

Yes, it obviously is a fact that they're slim. Which is why this thread is for Spurs fans who want to stay behind their team at the toughest possible time and not give up just yet.I don't see a reason for Mavs fans here acting in a disrespectful way, we have the right to believe there is a chance, however slim it is.

angelbelow
04-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Go spurs go!

portnoy1
04-27-2009, 08:17 AM
For the spurs to win they have to go back to the basics, suffocating defense (forcing guys baseline ) and a smooth offense ( good interior passing ( OBERTO ) easy on the 3's ).

LEONARD
04-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Being 3-1 is not different from being at 0-0...

This kind of insight is why I hang out at SpurTalk... :wow

Hook Dem
04-27-2009, 08:53 AM

While you're probably right, isn't it kinda dangerous to say such a thing?:ihit

mingus
04-27-2009, 09:07 AM
there's room in me to be both optimistic and pessimistic .

last year , i thought the Spurs would definitely win game 4 at home against the Lakers ... that didn't go too well ... but let's say they do win game 5 in SA ... the majority of people (including myself) probably think that the Mavs will end it at home in game 6 ... but not too fast ; last year , when everybody thought the Spurs would lose game 7 in New Orleans , where they hadn't won all season as i recall it , they surprised everyone and won .

given the Spurs history of surprises (both good and bad) , it's tough to tell what's going to happen . but my glimmer of hope rest in the fact they have proven before that they can overcome the odds .

Rummpd
04-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Spurs have had one solid game in 4 and are due for another. I believe they are going to not only beat Dallas on Tuesday but hammer them and go back to Dallas with confidence and then not lay an egg in game 6, as they did in game 3. Game 6 will be tough but Spurs would fight to the end in that game and if it comes back to SA in game 7 - Dallas will have the choke mode on = BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spork KIller
04-27-2009, 11:26 AM
I feel sorry for all of these lame ass spurm fans believing they are going to win...

It is OVER bitches!

What part don't you understand!!

Your team is DONE!!!

superbigtime
04-27-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm going to game 5 to cheer loudly for this team. The big two need some help and some good karma.

tmtcsc
04-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Keep telling that to yourself asshole..

It is OVER!

Hey look, it Spork KIller, the answer to the question no one asked. You pathetic piece of shit, no one cares what you think. Your team sucks and didn't make the playoffs. Oh wait, your team is any team that actually plays the Spurs.

The Suns, The Lakers, The Hornets, The Rockets. You are going to be one sad motherfucker when the Spurs come back to win this.

tmtcsc
04-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Right now, every Mavs fan is shitting their pants knowing that their team is capable of losing three in a row. You all know it and that's why you are in this forum trying to argue that 4th win for your team. You wish like hell this series was over already. You've seen what 2 players can do and you hope to God no one else shows up for the Spurs. Do you really think that's going to happen ? We are just going to lay down and lose on Tuesday ?

The AT&T Center is going to be loud and crazy as hell on Tuesday. Your team will get their asses handed to them and then its back to Dallas where your little mental midget of a team is due for a loss.
Then its back to San Antobio for game 7 where you finally realize it just wasn't meant to be and lose again.

SPURS IN 7.

clambake
04-27-2009, 11:55 AM
mavs and spurs are dueling for the rights to get crushed in round 2.

Mav-elous Man
04-27-2009, 12:22 PM
You wanna talk about heartless and gutless...try 2006 NBA Finals up 2-0 only to choke 4 in a row...only to go into the next season and win a franchise record of games in the reg. season only to lose in the 1st round to an 8th seed. All that needs to be said and known is:

Spurs- 4-0 in NBA Finals

Mavs- 0-1 in NBA Finals

Peace Mavs idiot. :flag:

You Spurms fans are some piece of work. You keep bringing up these 4 titles. They are a thing of the PAST!!! Those titles aren't helping you now while you're down 3-1. All of you are in denial about this series. Its over. No more than 6 games. Your bench is GARBAGE!!! Who are you depending on off of the bench? Hell, who are you depending on besides TD and TP? Finley? Ha! WHY DO YOU THINK WE LET HIM GO!?!? SLOPPY SECONDS!!! Mason? No. Bonner? Don't make me laugh. This was a bad match up for you guys. Its like that sometimes. But what gets me about you Spurms fans is that it's never about what the other team is or isn't doing. It's always about what your team is or isn't doing. You guys think once you make your little adjustments that should be it. There should be no counter. Thats not how it is. And you answer to everything is "Put Bruce Bowen on him!!!" Newsflash! He can't guard everybody. This series Carlisle has owned Pop, and the M.O.B.(Mavs off the bench) has owned the S.O.B.(sons of bitches) who just happen to be Spurms off the bench. (I don't care what you say, that was funny!) And Duncan got owned by... Ryan Hollins?!!! And this is what you expect to, "comeback" with? The only place you'll be coming back to is to Dallas for game 6 where the Mavs will slaughter the Spurms, turn to the rest of the NBA and yell, "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!!!" Mark it down this 27th day of April!!! SO SHALL IT BE WRITTEN, SO SHALL IT BE DONE!!!

DaBears
04-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Put it too all of the doubters in here!!!! Look at it this way & tell me if you still think hte SPURS have a chance at winning this series..

1- history doesnt bowed well for the SPURS being down 3-1
2- Mavs have 7 players on there roster that actually get to play that can shoot, and create there own shot, SPURS have 2, ok really just 1 thats TP we all now that. TD has problems of his own just trying to guard 3rd string play rollins.
3-POP has no assistance to coach's to bail him out during timeouts anymore, they have all left to pursue coaching jobs else where. "Really we all questioned his coaching ability yrs back before we drafted TD, TP & Manu. Back in those days all SPURS fans were asking for POP's head... Anyone can coach the SPURS to 50 wins with a healthy roster and 3 allstars....... Coachs in this league a been fired for less.

Oh, Gee!!
04-27-2009, 12:45 PM

that's not a good comeback since they beat the spurs that year

Rain318
04-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Ummmmm Can we all be adults here

greensborohill
04-27-2009, 02:16 PM
IF the Spurs lose, we'll you guys handle the loss with grace and dignity? Doesn't seem like you will.

On a side note. . damn that girls back is sexy, who is she?

jdev82
04-27-2009, 02:55 PM
To the death

DubMcDub
04-27-2009, 03:04 PM
lol @ Mavs fans coming here to convince us our chances to win the series are slim.

Insecure losers.

Your chances are slim. There's no "convincing."

DubMcDub
04-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Right now, every Mavs fan is shitting their pants knowing that their team is capable of losing three in a row.

Boy, you've just got your finger firmly on the pulse of this situation, don't you? :lol

Are Mavs fans aware of the possibility of losing the series? Sure, I am. It could happen. But I'm fairly certain that the team whose fans are more worried is not the Mavs.

jdev82
04-27-2009, 03:45 PM
everyone who agrees with me repost this:

SPURS TO THE DEATH

LEONARD
04-27-2009, 03:52 PM
everyone who agrees with me repost this:

SPURS TO THE DEATH

Duncan2177
04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
You Spurms fans are some piece of work. You keep bringing up these 4 titles. They are a thing of the PAST!!! Those titles aren't helping you now while you're down 3-1. All of you are in denial about this series. Its over. No more than 6 games. Your bench is GARBAGE!!! Who are you depending on off of the bench? Hell, who are you depending on besides TD and TP? Finley? Ha! WHY DO YOU THINK WE LET HIM GO!?!? SLOPPY SECONDS!!! Mason? No. Bonner? Don't make me laugh. This was a bad match up for you guys. Its like that sometimes. But what gets me about you Spurms fans is that it's never about what the other team is or isn't doing. It's always about what your team is or isn't doing. You guys think once you make your little adjustments that should be it. There should be no counter. Thats not how it is. And you answer to everything is "Put Bruce Bowen on him!!!" Newsflash! He can't guard everybody. This series Carlisle has owned Pop, and the M.O.B.(Mavs off the bench) has owned the S.O.B.(sons of bitches) who just happen to be Spurms off the bench. (I don't care what you say, that was funny!) And Duncan got owned by... Ryan Hollins?!!! And this is what you expect to, "comeback" with? The only place you'll be coming back to is to Dallas for game 6 where the Mavs will slaughter the Spurms, turn to the rest of the NBA and yell, "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!!!" Mark it down this 27th day of April!!! SO SHALL IT BE WRITTEN, SO SHALL IT BE DONE!!!

Your a asshole

hater
04-27-2009, 04:33 PM
I been saying it since series started and will keep saying it now.

Mavs will choke at some point in the series. This series will go 7 games.

BUMP
04-27-2009, 04:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/reaper_chevelle/duncvacate.jpg

Morg1411
04-27-2009, 04:45 PM

You guys are just eating this shit up, aren't you? Fuckers. :nutkick:

Thomas82
04-27-2009, 04:45 PM

I'm hoping like hell that it does happen.

crc21209
04-27-2009, 04:51 PM

Mavs fans on here are complete idiots. Your franchise hasnt done a thing worth being proud of....the Mavs franchise wish they could be the Spurs. But..that will never ever happen. :flag:

mytespurs
04-27-2009, 05:53 PM
To me, it's not looking too good for the Spurs even if they manage to win tonight. The Spurs have a championship pedigree and they have been able to bounce back but with the exception of TP, they are not playing consistent enough for me to think that they can pull off 3 wins in a row. I hope so but I just can't see it. If this is it for the Spurs this season, I hope they go down fighting.

Spursmania
04-27-2009, 10:17 PM
I will be screaming Go Spurs Go tomorrow win or lose!

Shank
04-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Just mind the swine flu at the arena tomorrow night.

Spursmania
04-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Just mind the swine flu at the arena tomorrow night.

That stuff is scary.

Spork KIller
04-28-2009, 01:57 AM

Well Put!!

Kill these mothers fuckers today!

Spork KIller
04-28-2009, 01:59 AM

:lol :lmao

Ghazi
04-28-2009, 02:08 AM

Actually you idiot, you said the Mavs would lose this series in 6 games.

Oh, and the Mavs did try to choke Game 4, and yet the Spurs still couldn't capitalize.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Your chances are slim. There's no "convincing."

Thank you for stating the obvious, which every spurs fan acknowledges. What do you expect us to say and do? Quit on the team?

When did you manage to become such a douche, used to enjoy reading your posts for a long time.

KenziE
04-28-2009, 02:38 AM
Is the game gonna be shown somewhere in the net? i have work later and all i have is online access..thanks

GO SPURS GO !!!!