PDA

View Full Version : TD made TP and Manu

DuncanMVP
03-22-2005, 10:15 AM
I can't believe the Spurs play like shit when TD is not on the court

Duncan for MVP

Solid D
03-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Bro, get your thoughts together. Is it TP, Manu and Tim you are talking about or just the Spurs without Tim?

ducks
03-22-2005, 10:20 AM
I wonder what the cavs would be without lebron

ducks
03-22-2005, 10:21 AM
dude you realize manu is still hurt

DuncanMVP
03-22-2005, 10:22 AM
parker and manu and the entire Spurs team

If they actaully play the way they can we can win out WITHOUT duncan

thats right, win fukking out

ducks
03-22-2005, 10:36 AM
yep parker and manu never become anything overseas with duncan
duncan just makes everyone else better
why on earth though if duncan makes everyone better is barry sucking so much when he did much more with sonics?

orhe
03-22-2005, 10:46 AM
I can't believe the Spurs play like shit when TD is not on the court

Duncan for MVP

psst duncanmvp stop your DUNCAN = the spurs team BS
it's fucking retarded...
it doesn't only degrade the team
it's so fucking irritating for guys who actually like TP and Manu

ShoogarBear
03-22-2005, 10:47 AM
It's a zero-sum game.

To make Manu and Parker better, Duncan had to make Barry worse.

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-22-2005, 11:09 AM
parker and manu and the entire Spurs team

If they actaully play the way they can we can win out WITHOUT duncan

thats right, win fukking out

Wow in another thread you have POP being fired if they don't win the title you such a f^cking loser.

stéphane
03-22-2005, 11:39 AM
For TP, when you come to the NBA at 20years old as a Frenchman and want to settle in the NBA in a team such as the spurs... well you put all your efforts towards what the team wants...
what did the spurs wanted at this time? a good PG, quite fast who could handle the ball share it quite well and that could use pic'n roll with Duncan...
SERVED. even more because, you little bitch(not especially you), who were making thread about how these three guys(TD,TP,Manu) were awesome two months ago, are now bitching after a team that struggle to play w/o is 2 times MVP (and with 2 other stars that are recovering from injuries), who is the sun of this team. first because he shines, second because all the stars in the spurs universe revolve around TD.
when you have TD in your team you make all the schemes knowing you have one of the greatest low post defenders ever in the paint....do you want this team to play w/o TD the way they play w/ him... sorry that's not possible.
you are disapointed if they loose the HCA? i would be too. But the spurs are Duncan team, and if these three guys are 100% health for the playoffs the title is for us no matter the reg season record.

DuncanMVP
03-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Paker and Manu are awesome players

but when TD is not on the court when lose to the god damn knicks

stéphane
03-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Paker and Manu are awesome players

but when TD is not on the court when lose to the god damn knicks
first i thought you were doubting...
glad to see you recognize they are quite talented :p
second yeah i'm as disapointed as you are for losing to the knicks...
imo it's a physical problem right now Tony and Manu were quite far from being 100% health yesterday... maybe they were not that motivated too... they are already beyond 50wins, TD is off...

Kori Ellis
03-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Don't you think you should reserve judgement until you see what the Spurs do over the next few weeks without Tim? One game doesn't indicate how a team is going to perform over a stretch. They need to adjust to playing without Tim. Manu needs to get healthy. Relax. If three weeks from now the Spurs have a sub-.500 record in Tim's absence, then make this thread.

ceds
03-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Well TD created an environment (and style of play) that allowed Parker to step right in at 19 and grows as a point guard. He would have been a back-up on most other teams and his development would not be as far along as it is now. I think that without TD parker wouldnt be the player he is today

On the other hand i think Manu is held back. I would love to see him take control as a no.1 option this last part of the season and see if he can carry a team like i think he can

Kori Ellis
03-22-2005, 07:10 PM
On the other hand i think Manu is held back.

He's coming off an injury. I think Manu will be taking over a lot of games in the next few weeks.

ceds
03-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Im not talking about the last 2 games just in general. Im a rockets fan by the way

I just feel Manu is capable of leading a team and would put up numbers comparable to the elites of his position if given the minutes and touches

Parker IMO is just this generations BJ armstrong..he can get his shot off anytime he wants ill give him that but so can alot of players. He doesnt have that superstar quality manu does

If im the spurs i trade parker if the right deal for a 3 came along. That rookie pg you guys have will be just as effective in a year or two. Manu should be the no.2 option and is untouchable

Solid D
03-22-2005, 07:56 PM
BJ Armstrong wasn't even John Paxson, much less someone as quick off the dribble as Parker. Maybe a different analogy would be more accurate.

ceds
03-22-2005, 08:16 PM
i wasnt comparing their skills just the situation. BJ and Parker are players that were at the right place at the right time. Parker like BJ may even have an all star year or two but he will never be confused with a franchise type guy

kskonn
03-22-2005, 08:16 PM
I would say a more accurate analogy would be Kevin Johnson. I personally feel over the next year parker will get over that next hump and be more of a consistent all around great point guard.