PDA

View Full Version : Is Beanie Wells really that good a pick?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Everyone I know is ready to crown Beanie Wells the next Marshall Faulk and the Cardinals the greatest show on turf part two after they draft Beanie Wells.

Just like when they signed Edgerrin James
Or like when they drafted JJ Arrington
Or like when they signed Emmit Smith

Rod "I'm to the NFL what Chris Wallace is to the NBA" Graves and Ken "I waited to fire Clancy Pendergast until after he pissed away a superbowl with his prevent (the Cardinals from winning) defense" Whisenhunt must have forgotten they have one of the crappiest run blocking offensive lines in the NFL and one of the crappiest pass rushes in the NFL.....you know, those things all superbowl winning teams need.

Since the great running back shit offensive line strategy worked so well with Edgerrin, it's obviously going to be just as good with a rookie running back who has injury problems.

Lets look at the Cardinals off-season thus far:

-Lose Tod Haley to the Chiefs and rather than make sure his position is adequately filled Bidwell stays true to himself and cheaps out on another assistant coaching position.

-Fire Clancy Pendergast two years too late (wow did something right).

-fuck up the Anquan Boldin situation as much as possible and let it become a bigger distraction

-Make no effort whatsoever to resign the best pass rush they had all season who came alive in the playoffs and who would have been a perfect fit in the 3-4 (Antonio Smith) and let him walk to the Texans. But it's OK, cause useless fuck Calais Campbell who had a grand total of 0 sacks last season can step in and replace him. I'm sure that move is going to give them an elite pass rush.

-Sign Pittsburg's nickel corner with intention of making him a starting corner. This is a great move cause the "play a nickel corner as a starting corner" project worked so well the first time with Rod Hood, the guy they plan on moving down to nickel corner since he sucked as a starter. I'm sure this move solves all their coverage problems.

-And finally draft a running back with injury problems so he can get beaten up by whatever defensive end flies by Levi Brown. I'm sure this makes them a great running team.

I love (actually I hate) how Arizona sports teams think if you lose in the playoffs doing nothing noteworthy to improve or address a weakness on the team will magically make them better and able to win it all the next year.

Looks like the garbage front office is back and better than ever.

jack sommerset
04-26-2009, 07:54 PM
The Boldin thing should have been worked out long ago. If he was not producing he would be cut and that contract would mean shit.

Whisky Dog
04-26-2009, 08:31 PM
He's an Ohio St. Running back. He can't fail.

EricB
04-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Seems a bit injury prone to me.

Arizona seems to be where the good RBs in the past have gone to die.

We will see how Beanie does.

Horry For 3!
04-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Tim Hightower did alright with Arizona, he was better off in 2 back system though, getting the TDs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Lets say Beanie Wells plays well, the defense still sucks and gives up big plays at bad times. I hate the amount of retards in this state with the idea, "The offense is soooooooo good the defense doesn't matter." Didn't work with th Suns won't work with the Cardinals.

ATRAIN
04-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Tim Hightower did alright with Arizona, he was better off in 2 back system though, getting the TDs.

Yeah I agree. He was better as the 3rd down back, he seemed to gas as a starter so him and Wells will be a nice 1 2 punch.

Pelicans78
04-27-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm glad the Saints didn't waste any draft picks for this guy. He's a good back, but the Saints don't need a luxury back.

ATRAIN
04-27-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm glad the Saints didn't waste any draft picks for this guy. He's a good back, but the Saints don't need a luxury back.

He would be just like bush.....maybe better.

JoshO501
04-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Yeah I agree. He was better as the 3rd down back, he seemed to gas as a starter so him and Wells will be a nice 1 2 punch.

I just think they used hightower wrong. they ran a lot of draws with him when they should of just pounded up the middle.