PDA

View Full Version : Bowen,Oberto,Bonner,Finley,Gooden,JV,Udoka,William s..

yavozerb
04-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Which of these 8 guys will be back next season?

Bowen- has 1 year left on contract i think (I have seen or heard that this could be an team option, help me out) Maybe re-sign for less $

Oberto- 1 year left on contract (Again, not sure if their is team option but I am praying that it is)

Bonner- 1 year left on contract (is probably at the highest trade value he will ever get, if he is to be moved, this will be the off-season)

Finley - 1 year team option (will probably be back cause his salary would only be 2.5 mil)

Gooden- Expiring contract (will only be back if he takes a pay cut)

Udoka- Expiring contract (Wish the guy could have won a champioship but its time to let him go)

JV- Expiring contract (Rock chalk jayhawk...Used up every ounce of his talent for a successful nba career..Will not be back)

Williams - expiring contract ( Will have to earn his spot on the team during camp)

lrrr
04-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Didn't Pop say somewhere this would be the last run they made with the team as it currently stood? Hopefully Manu's injury won't be an excuse for the FO to have just one more try.

If it is the last run, I think it means all of the above will be gone except Gooden and maybe Bowen.

DAF86
04-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Bowen, Oberto and Bonner will be back. Finley probably too, maybe Gooden. JV, Udoka and Williams definitely not.

SenorSpur
04-26-2009, 09:45 PM

Bowen- has 1 year left on contract i think (I have seen or heard that this could be an team option, help me out) Maybe re-sign for less $

Oberto- 1 year left on contract (Again, not sure if their is team option but I am praying that it is)

Bonner- 1 year left on contract (is probably at the highest trade value he will ever get, if he is to be moved, this will be the off-season)

Finley - 1 year team option (will probably be back cause his salary would only be 2.5 mil)

Udoka- Expiring contract (Wish the guy could have won a champioship but its time to let him go)

JV- Expiring contract (Rock chalk jayhawk...Used up every ounce of his talent for a successful nba career..Will not be back)

Williams - expiring contract ( Will have to earn his spot on the team during camp)

Bowen - 1 year left @ 4m. Partially guaranteed - no option.

Oberto - Same as Bowen. 1 yr remaining @ 3.5m - Partially guaranteed -

Bonner - 1 year remaining @ 3.2m

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

I trust Gooden will be back. Players of his skill and size don't come around every year.

With the expected infusion of youth, the Spurs will need some cheap contracts of players with better skills. That said, I hope both Williams and Hairston are on the roster next season.

yavozerb
04-26-2009, 09:48 PM

Bonner - 1 year remaining @ 3.2m

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

I trust Gooden will be back. Players of his skill and size don't come around every year.

With the expected infusion of youth, the Spurs will need some cheap contracts of players with better skills. That said, I hope both Williams and Hairston are on the roster next season.

What eactly does partially guaranteed mean?

Mal
04-26-2009, 09:49 PM

make Bowen nice retirement party with hanging his shirt, but please don`t bring him next year.

Kick Oberto out of here

Bender
04-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Didn't Pop say somewhere this would be the last run they made with the team as it currently stood?
I think that was Tony in an interview a while back. I remember people here being surprised that he would make such a statement, since the spurs are usually close-mouthed about such things.

Mal
04-26-2009, 09:50 PM
What eactly does partially guaranteed mean?

Means that, when he get waived he don`t get full money. Only a piece of it.

DMX7
04-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Bowen, Oberto and Bonner will be back. Finley probably too, maybe Gooden. JV, Udoka and Williams definitely not.

Thats pretty much how I see it except I think Williams will be in a similar situation playing here and in the D-League.

Sean Cagney
04-26-2009, 09:52 PM
GOD BONNER BACK, JESUS.... I hate that bum.

SouthTexasRancher
04-26-2009, 10:29 PM

Most likely Bowen unless he fits into some sort of trade for us. Hopefully we can work a deal for Gooden. Finley might figure into a trade some where along the line. Bonner...I have no idea what he has on Pop that makes Pop keep starting this guy. Hopefully, we can trade him to some sucker team and get a restroom attendant in return. Oberto with his heart condition may be able to work out some kind of deal where the Spurs buy him out in return for his retirement and get the league to okay it based on a situation where he could actually die on the court. The NBA does not want a lawsuit brought because they wouldn't agree to a heath related retirement.

tomtom
04-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Is kurt still in for another year?

Spurs16212
04-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Bowen's and Oberto's contracts are partially guaranteed which would be interesting because if I am correct Oberto's contract is only guaranteed approximately $30,000 and Bowen's I believe $40,000.... If I am correct, the two contract wise make $7.5 Million put together and if a team is looking to dump salary due to the economy could take Bowen and Oberto and buy out their contracts at the guaranteed amount and send them on their way.

Bonner is at his highest trade value if that is worth anything... The only thing he has is a three point shot... Not a solid defender in a opinion and not a post presence.

I like Udoka and I would like to see him here one more year... You cant expect him to produce much if he is riding the bench most of the season.

Jacque Vaughn is done... Make him a coach or give him a job in the organization.... He is currently wasting a roster spot right now.... Give George Hill those minutes....

Michael Finley would have to take a minimum role next season.... You have Hill coming up and hopefully a healthy Manu coming back.....

I would like to see Gooden back with the Spurs and maybe add Antonio McDyess but I agree with many that we need youth that can make an immediate impact with this organization.

I would like to see Mahimni come in as well as Hairston and Gist.... Here is some youth that can make an impact on this roster next season.....

objective
04-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Is kurt still in for another year?

unfortunately yes.

objective
04-26-2009, 11:28 PM
----

and with regards to everyone listed,

best case scenario is to dump everyone that's a free agent including Gooden unless he's willing to sign a sub-Bonner deal ($2-2.5 million for him). Goodbye Vaughn. Goodbye Udoka.

And dumping anyone with 1 year left wouldn't hurt. Let Finley know he's not welcome. If he still picks up the option, eat his salary and get rid of him. If you can't dump Oberto then buy him out to save on the tax. Pop's probably determined to buy out Bowen anyway so that's taken care of though I'd like to see him stick around. Dump Matt Bonner and Kurt Thomas. If push comes to shove, eat Thomas's salary and get rid of him. Bonner can ride out his deal and go away next summer.

Every player i've discussed should have their roles replaced by cheap players either already under contract or rights reserved players that are all playing for a million or less. That means major opportunities for Mahinmi, Hill, Gist, Hairston, M. Williams, Sanikidze and the 3 second round picks.

The Spurs can have the same kind of awful non-performing role-players sucking the last good years of the franchise away just like 08/09, except much cheaper and with the potential to get better.

Stump
04-26-2009, 11:37 PM
When do Bowen and Oberto's contracts become fully guaranteed? Is it at some point over the summer, or will it be in the middle of next season when all contracts become guaranteed?

E20
04-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Wasn't Oberto advised to retire because of his heart condition?

I expect Bowen to comeback, same with Fin and Bonner. Gooden I don't know? We don't need JV or Ime.

spursbird
04-27-2009, 07:29 AM
Most likely Udoka would resign with Spurs. And Finley would still be started.:ihit

mrs.purss
04-27-2009, 07:38 AM
For a second there I thought this was a scrub thread.