PDA

View Full Version : Sleep deprivation - no need for torture.

MiamiHeat
04-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Sleep deprivation. Have a rotation of guards keep someone awake until they break.

It works.

No torture involved, no fake threat of death, no psychological shock.

Russians used this tactic effectively. No need for beating, water boarding, etc.

Human body cannot function without sleep. Eventually, EVERYONE breaks down. The desperation for sleep combined with the lack of focus makes them talk.

sabar
04-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Useless. People eventually get used to it with the side effect of needing to eat a lot more food.

Anyone that breaks down is mentally weak. This coupled with the fact that sleep deprivation induces hallucinations would make any admitted info questionable.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/brain_basics/understanding_sleep.htm

MiamiHeat
04-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Useless. People eventually get used to it with the side effect of needing to eat a lot more food.

Anyone that breaks down is mentally weak. This coupled with the fact that sleep deprivation induces hallucinations would make any admitted info questionable.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/brain_basics/understanding_sleep.htm

bullshit. you need to inform yourself on the subject before you say things

--------------------------------------

Sleep deprivation can be used as a means of torture. Under one interrogation technique, a subject might be kept awake for several days and when finally allowed to fall asleep, suddenly awakened and questioned. Menachem Begin, the Prime Minister of Israel from 1977-83, described his experience of sleep deprivation when a prisoner of the KGB in Russia as follows:

In the head of the interrogated prisoner, a haze begins to form. His spirit is wearied to death, his legs are unsteady, and he has one sole desire: to sleep...Anyone who has experienced this desire knows that not even hunger and thirst are comparable with it
-----------------------------

The KGB effectively used it FOR YEARS.

"Sleep deprivation has been used in a number of wartime settings, not only those involving terrorist suspects. The Soviet KGB plied sleep deprivation techniques during the Cold War, the Japanese deprived captured prisoners of sleep during World War II, and the British Army allegedly used the technique on IRA suspects in the 1970s."

It's such a simple and effective way to get what you want.

whottt
04-27-2009, 01:36 AM
I don't know what's funnier, that you don't consider this to be torture, or that you consider the KGB to be some sort of kinder gentler role model for our intelligence agency.

velik_m
04-27-2009, 04:01 AM
No torture involved, no fake threat of death, no psychological shock.

Sleep deprivation can be used as a means of torture.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-27-2009, 04:52 AM
i don't know what's funnier, that you don't consider this to be torture, or that you consider the kgb to be some sort of kinder gentler role model for our intelligence agency.

+1

LnGrrrR
04-27-2009, 08:44 AM
I don't know what's funnier, that you don't consider this to be torture, or that you consider the KGB to be some sort of kinder gentler role model for our intelligence agency.

lol whott, nice pwn

Winehole23
04-27-2009, 09:05 AM
I don't know what's funnier, that you don't consider this to be torture, or that you consider the KGB to be some sort of kinder gentler role model for our intelligence agency.Rectum? Hell, you just about killed him.

This post echoes our use of SERE tactics as a model for our *enhanced interrogation* policy. SERE methods were developed on the basis of Red Chinese tactics designed to elicit false confessions -- something we are all supposed to be proud of, according to board superpatriots.

LnGrrrR
04-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Rectum? Hell, you just about killed him.

This post echoes our use of SERE tactics as a model for our *enhanced interrogation* policy. SERE methods were developed on the basis of Red Chinese tactics designed to elicit false confessions -- something we are all supposed to be proud of, according to board superpatriots.

I love that circular logic. We train SERE people on how to withstand torture from other regimes>>>America would never perform torture on its own citizens/soldiers>>>SERE practices are no longer considered torture.

The brilliance is striking.

FaithInOne
04-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Why can't america just blow these guys until they give us pillow talk.

I'm sure the weak americans living in candyland would approve of this.

Winehole23
04-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Why can't america just blow these guys until they give us pillow talk.Why don't you go blow yourself and save us all the inanity?

jack sommerset
04-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Sure...Give it a try. If it does not work start pulling finger nails off. What happens when we know an attack will happen in days or hours. I say Obama should recruit men from our prisions. The ones that really enjoy fucking someone up. Let them out of their cage for a few hours and see if they will talk.

Winehole23
04-27-2009, 11:32 AM
http://www.newsweek.com/id/195089

In an op-ed (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/23/opinion/23soufan.html) in The New York Times and in a series of exclusive interviews with NEWSWEEK, Soufan described how he, together with FBI colleague Steve Gaudin, began the interrogation of Abu Zubaydah. They nursed his wounds, gained his confidence and got the terror suspect talking. They extracted crucial intelligence—including the identity of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed as the architect of 9/11 and the dirty-bomb plot of Jose Padilla—before CIA contractors even began their aggressive tactics.

DarrinS
04-27-2009, 11:38 AM
I think the CIA should just use the human intel techniques of super covert agent, Joseph C. Wilson. His methods for finding no yellowcake in Niger are legendary.

Wilson: You guys get any yellowcake from Iraq?

Nigerian official: No.

Wilson: Alrighty then. May I have some more tea?

DarrinS
04-27-2009, 11:40 AM
There's more outrage over torturing known terrorists than when Janet Reno burned twenty children and two pregnant women in Waco.

DarrinS
04-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Obviously, I'm exaggerating.

clambake
04-27-2009, 11:50 AM
I think the CIA should just use the human intel techniques of super covert agent, Joseph C. Wilson. His methods for finding no yellowcake in Niger are legendary.

:wow you really butchered this story.

very wild cobra of you.

Winehole23
04-27-2009, 12:10 PM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/66895.html

DarrinS
04-27-2009, 12:39 PM
:wow you really butchered this story.

very wild cobra of you.

Why take my word for it? You can read the man's word for word account.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/06/opinion/06WILS.html

clambake
04-27-2009, 12:44 PM

you still haven't discovered the part you butchered.

DarrinS
04-27-2009, 03:30 PM
you still haven't discovered the part you butchered.

Enlighten me

MiamiHeat
04-27-2009, 04:02 PM
I was quoting an article

-I- don't think it's torture, but other people do.

Really, it's just a psychological thing, there is no physical threat of violence, or drowning, or death, or pain. It's just the need to SLEEP.

That's not torture in my eyes. Ever been kept awake by loud friends? Whine about torture then?

These are hardened terrorist criminals. They have killed and done all sorts of horrible things. A little lack of sleep isn't torture, imo.

MiamiHeat
04-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Rectum? Hell, you just about killed him.

Morons flock together.

Only a dumb fuck like winehole would see another dumbfuck like whott and say it was a 'kill'

1) I don't think it's torture. That's an opinion, one of which is heavily debated in our world right now.

2) I said the KGB -effectively- used it. I never said they are a 'gentler role model' for us. What I think of the KGB is irrelevant. I never gave any clue what I thought of the KGB. I merely pointed out that IT WORKS. The -method- works. What the KGB is or isn't is IRRELEVANT.

God damn, so many stupid people on planet Earth. The biggest morons are the ones who talk the most.

You use a strawman and then point and laugh?

Dorothy : "How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?"

Scarecrow : " I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? "

Winehole23
04-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Even a blind pig sometimes finds an acorn. I'd pick Whottt to converse with anyday over you, MH. His ideas often verge on the insane, but he's way more personable and he argues better than you.

ElNono
These are hardened terrorist criminals. They have killed and done all sorts of horrible things. A little lack of sleep isn't torture, imo.

But some of them are none of that.

velik_m

MiamiHeat
04-27-2009, 04:17 PM
But some of them are none of that.

that's an entirely different problem. who to classify, etc..

Either way, what's the problem with sleep deprivation anyway

There is hardly no long-term damage. THere is no threat of violence or death or drowning.

It's only someone who doesn't let you sleep. That's hardly traumatizing.

MiamiHeat
04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Even a blind pig sometimes finds an acorn. I'd pick Whottt to converse with anyday over you, MH. His ideas often verge on the insane, but he's way more personable and he argues better than you.

Stop responding to me, moron. In fact, I'll add you to ignore right now.

You are like one of those dumbfucks in real life that use the internet to try and feel important or intelligent.

You are a grade A moron. Good day

hater
04-27-2009, 04:21 PM
not beaing able to sleep is definitely torture. I would rather get punched in the face 10 times than not be able to sleep for 48 hours

MiamiHeat
04-27-2009, 04:23 PM
not beaing able to sleep is definitely torture. I would rather get punched in the face 10 times than not be able to sleep for 48 hours

lol it works :)

and that's the beauty of it.

There is no physical violence involved. No pain, just psychological stress.

It's one of the best ways, in my opinion. I don't agree with hitting or waterboarding or anything of that nature.

Winehole23
04-27-2009, 04:33 PM
You are like one of those dumbfucks in real life that use the internet to try and feel important or intelligent. Quite the reverse, it makes me feel foolish about how I spend my time, particularly when I waste it on arrogant bullies like you.

clambake
04-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Enlighten me

velik_m just did.

ElNono
04-27-2009, 06:14 PM
lol it works :)

and that's the beauty of it.

There is no physical violence involved. No pain, just psychological stress.

It's one of the best ways, in my opinion. I don't agree with hitting or waterboarding or anything of that nature.

You can't say it's hardly traumatizing, followed by 'it's psychological stress'. That's an oxymoron. Furthermore, that kind psychological stress is what's classified as torture by the Geneva Convention.

You need to read up a little more.

LnGrrrR
04-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Sure...Give it a try. If it does not work start pulling finger nails off. What happens when we know an attack will happen in days or hours. I say Obama should recruit men from our prisions. The ones that really enjoy fucking someone up. Let them out of their cage for a few hours and see if they will talk.

And when has that happened? Maybe... once? Twice?

What happens if we acquit someone who HAPPENS to actually be the murderer? What do we do in that case Jack?

LnGrrrR
04-27-2009, 07:54 PM
that's an entirely different problem. who to classify, etc..

Either way, what's the problem with sleep deprivation anyway

There is hardly no long-term damage. THere is no threat of violence or death or drowning.

It's only someone who doesn't let you sleep. That's hardly traumatizing.

MH, would you care to test your theory?

I won't even force you to be held against your will by people extremely hostile to you who are forcing you to stay awake in a dark cell separated thousands of miles from your home, with no idea how long you'll be there.

Just for kicks, here's an example of someone who did that:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cornwall/content/articles/2007/05/15/aboutcornwall_sleeplessdiary_feature.shtml

He turned out pretty good, though to be fair he studied some about brain chemistry beforehand to prepare. And he made sure to eat a specific diet as well.

Care to take up the challenge? What about 3 days?