PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs aren't done yet

SpursDynasty
04-26-2009, 10:24 PM
The fact of the matter is that this is a seven game series. That means that a team has to win 4 times...not 3, not 2, not 1..but 4. Neither team has won this series yet. The Spurs have played well enough in all but one game. That means this series could be 3-1 Spurs right now. Dallas blew us out by 21 but the Spurs also blew Dallas out by 21. In the other two games, both teams played evenly, Dallas just got some shots to go down and we didn't. Is that really anything spectacular on Dallas' part? No. All it means was that they made their shots and we didn't. We've limited Dirk and Terry in the series, and Dallas has had some fluke nights from JJ Barea and Brandon Bass and Josh Howard. Nothing spectacular. Each one had their 5 minutes of fame. I'm not impressed by Dallas. What if they don't make their shots? Then what?

Nothing personal against Dallas here, but if they happened to get to the 2nd round, Denver would sweep them. This is simply not a good team. They get some shots to go down every now and then, but what happens when the shots stop falling? You're left with a team with no gameplan and no defense. I'm not buying into Dallas. The Spurs will win the next three.

The Spurs know what they have to do. They just need to go out there and do what they're supposed to do. They just need to go out, play some defense, make some shots, and take it a game at a time.

n00b
04-26-2009, 10:29 PM
dude your full of shit! No way spurs win the next three. Are you out of your mind?

pauls931
04-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Yes you're done because...

1. You're not playing phoenix.
2. You're not the Houston Rockets.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-26-2009, 10:31 PM
http://cdawgownd.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/epic-fail2.jpg

gaKNOW!blee
04-26-2009, 10:32 PM
We just gotta hope Dallas comes out with the same attitude they had in game 2. And then game six hope we get a surprising heroic effort from someone outside of TD and TP.

Then game 7 we would obviously have the momentum.

However, chances are, Dallas wins.

Ghazi
04-26-2009, 10:55 PM
lol, the shots are just falling shit doesn't apply considering the Mavs shot 38% in Game 4.

mavs>spurs2
04-26-2009, 11:57 PM
lol, the shots are just falling shit doesn't apply considering the Mavs shot 38% in Game 4.

:lmao d'oh!

Ghazi with the KO!!!!

Dirk Nowitzki
04-27-2009, 12:16 AM
The fact of the matter is that this is a seven game series. That means that a team has to win 4 times...not 3, not 2, not 1..but 4. Neither team has won this series yet. The Spurs have played well enough in all but one game. That means this series could be 3-1 Spurs right now. Dallas blew us out by 21 but the Spurs also blew Dallas out by 21. In the other two games, both teams played evenly, Dallas just got some shots to go down and we didn't. Is that really anything spectacular on Dallas' part? No. All it means was that they made their shots and we didn't. We've limited Dirk and Terry in the series, and Dallas has had some fluke nights from JJ Barea and Brandon Bass and Josh Howard. Nothing spectacular. Each one had their 5 minutes of fame. I'm not impressed by Dallas. What if they don't make their shots? Then what?

Nothing personal against Dallas here, but if they happened to get to the 2nd round, Denver would sweep them. This is simply not a good team. They get some shots to go down every now and then, but what happens when the shots stop falling? You're left with a team with no gameplan and no defense. I'm not buying into Dallas. The Spurs will win the next three.

The Spurs know what they have to do. They just need to go out there and do what they're supposed to do. They just need to go out, play some defense, make some shots, and take it a game at a time.

We will see. I have had zero comfort with this team the entire series. I have seen them fuck shit up in the past. Until we get that 4th game, I am going to expect the heartache just to prepare myself if it gets that bad. :(

DAF86
04-27-2009, 12:19 AM
All we need to do is win the next game at home (which we will) and the chokers will be shitting their pants trying to end this thing in Dallas. It looks pretty much impossible now but we have to take it one game at a time.

coldsweat
04-27-2009, 12:21 AM
haha, this was in the spurs forum but got moved.

redzero
04-27-2009, 12:31 AM
SpursDynasty is delusional. Your team is done, my friend.

Roxsfan
04-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Fuck off everyone, Spursdynasty is right--they aren't done yet--they still have one more game to lose........:lmao:flag:

E20
04-27-2009, 12:39 AM
SD right on the money. I expect Manu to make a Willis Reed comeback in one of these games.

Chef Boyardee
04-27-2009, 12:41 AM
You gotta know when the time is up spurs fans. It's been a good run, but it's OVER.

DAF86
04-27-2009, 12:47 AM
SD right on the money. I expect Manu to make a Willis Reed comeback in one of these games.

That would be so sweet.

Wero
04-27-2009, 02:38 AM
spurs were done when Manu got put on the bench for the rest of the season

Rogue
04-27-2009, 03:34 AM
SpursDynasty is delusional. Your team is done, my friend.
LMAO @ 0

I would like to see the series end in game 5 but that's simply impossible, Battle one of this series was an absolute fluke win for our boys in blue. Boys in blue were all sucking asses in the first quarter of game 1 but the spurs lossened their nerves in the rest 3 quarters, which let our boys in blue turn the game around finally. As Jeff said, a game takes 4 quarters, not 3 or 2, never to mention 1. This series should have been tied at 2-2 if the spurs hadn't been facinated by their arrogancy in game one, maybe they were considering sweeping our boys in blue while holding a 10+ pts leading in the first quarter. However, it was already too late when they woke up from their dream.

The spurs are still a decent team even without Manu, I think the spurs will win game 5 at at&t and put this series to game 6. Our boys in blue will be happier to celebrate their qualification at home rather than on road.

sonic21
04-27-2009, 05:23 AM
SD speaks the truth :tu

JamStone
04-27-2009, 07:36 AM
So the best of seven means the first team to win four games?

Are you sure?

LEONARD
04-27-2009, 08:19 AM
If they did have a chance of pulling off 3 straight, the Spurs jinx just ruined it... :lol

haha, this was in the spurs forum but got moved.

Spurs fans hate SD... :lol

sribb43
04-27-2009, 08:40 AM

Devean George will make his herioc return as well

SpursDynasty
04-27-2009, 06:00 PM
The Spurs have played well enough at home this series. They have to win Game 5. Then we'll need to get one on the road (Game 6). Then, Game 7 at home.

The Spurs practically have this series wrapped up. They just need to go out and go through the motions for the last three games.

dallaskd
04-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Devean George will make his herioc return as well

Is George and Stackhouse still faking injuries?

KSeal
04-27-2009, 06:07 PM
The Spurs practically have this series wrapped up. They just need to go out and go through the motions for the last three games.

:lmao:rollin

LEONARD
04-27-2009, 06:32 PM
The Spurs have played well enough at home this series. They have to win Game 5. Then we'll need to get one on the road (Game 6). Then, Game 7 at home.

Some of your best work Jeff... :lmao

LEONARD
04-27-2009, 06:44 PM
sig check

hater
04-27-2009, 06:51 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas chokes once again.

problem is, Spurs have no hope to even be competitive. When you have Duncan being limited under single coverage. And no Manu Ginobili. might as well throw in the towel.

but again, it wouldn't shock me if Dallas choked

ginobili's bald spot
04-28-2009, 11:41 PM
How bout now? Are they done now?