PDA

View Full Version : Who said Shane Courtney Battier isnt Clutch?

Matchman
04-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Just because his last 5 playoffs teams sucked big time doesnt mean Battier was the person responsible for the losses.
And NO, Rudy Gay would not have made those dagger three-pointers and clutch blocks. :toast
hes a proven winner and he got all the rewards to show it:
Mr. Basketball of Michigan (1997),
1997 Naismith Prep Player of the Year,
2001 Oscar Robertson Trophy,
Naismith College Player of the Year,
John R. Wooden Award,
Lowe's Senior CLASS Award (2001),
NCAA Basketball Tournament Most Outstanding Player,
ACC Athlete of the Year (2001)
:king

tNtdX6er9ks

DAF86
04-27-2009, 12:10 AM
MVP of the game tonight.

Roxsfan
04-27-2009, 12:37 AM
Big Shot Battier...................:downspin:

JamStone
04-27-2009, 01:08 AM
I don't think it's been a question about him being clutch. Gay is still the better player though. And using last night's game to claim otherwise is short sighted and naive. Take nothing away from Shane's performance but I'd still take Rudy.

Obstructed_View
04-27-2009, 01:12 AM
Shane's always been clutch. That a Rockettes fan would post something like this is proof he hasn't been paying attention.

Mr. Body
04-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Battier has a knack for momentum-changing shots the way Bowen used to.

And for the Rockets, Battier is definitely the better pick. Gay would do nothing for them.

Matchman
04-27-2009, 01:20 AM
Shane's always been clutch. That a Rockettes fan would post something like this is proof he hasn't been paying attention.

i dont know about this board but over at ClutchFans there were tons of Rocket Fans that think Battier is unclutch and Adelman should limit his minutes in the playoffs :ihit

Tmac&Luther
04-27-2009, 01:43 AM
i dont know about this board but over at ClutchFans there were tons of Rocket Fans that think Battier is unclutch and Adelman should limit his minutes in the playoffs :ihit

No, Adelman needs to limit Artest's minutes....he tried his hardest to lose that damn game. I still find it funny when people think Artest is the best wing defender on this team. Battier shuts Roy down alot.....Roy just gets Artest turned or in a bad position and then drives right to the rim on him. Battier has some of the best defensive footwork around and hardly never gets out of position defensively.

robbie380
04-27-2009, 03:00 AM
I don't think it's been a question about him being clutch. Gay is still the better player though. And using last night's game to claim otherwise is short sighted and naive. Take nothing away from Shane's performance but I'd still take Rudy.

lol@gay

that guy isnt even the best player on a worthless memphis team. obviously mayo is better than him and i think you can make a case for gasol being better than gay. gay will never win shit if he is the go to guy. btw how has memphis done since they traded away battier? how were they doing with battier? battier knows how to step up and play some bad ass defense and stick to his role. rudy is nice scorer but he provides little else.