PDA

View Full Version : Why do people point to Lakers 2-0 record vs Cavs this year

The_Game
04-27-2009, 01:56 PM
which makes them say the lakers will beat the cavs easily when guys like Z was missing in the first meeting, and Joe Smith and D West played in neither game?

just wondering...

TheMACHINE
04-27-2009, 01:56 PM
which makes them say the lakers will beat the cavs easily when guys like Z was missing in the first meeting, and Joe Smith and D West played in neither game?

just wondering...

because they beat them 2-0.

Muser
04-27-2009, 01:59 PM

Allanon
04-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Because both were blowouts, even with Bynum missing the game in Cleveland.

Kobe stops Mo Williams. And the Lakers have the personnel to slow down LeBron with single coverage.

mytespurs
04-27-2009, 02:00 PM

Yep, simple as that. :) If I remember correctly, I believe Cavs swept Lakers last season.

But I think if compare the two lineups, the Lakers would seem to have the advantage matchup wise so it's not a reach to think the Lakers will be favored to win if or when these two teams meet.

IronMexican
04-27-2009, 02:01 PM
What else would we have to base this off on? Record vs Playoff teams?

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-27-2009, 02:05 PM
cause we will stop Lecrab, again.

Lars
04-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Because the Cavs are a one dimensional basketball team, who are boring to watch.

The_Game
04-27-2009, 02:14 PM
saw this on a cavs board and thought it was spot on

Some of you seem to forget that we didn't have Delonte West or Joe Smith for EITHER of those games. OUR STARTING SG AND OUR BEST BENCH PLAYER...WE DIDN'T HAVE THEM...WE DO NOW.

You also forget we were missing Z in the first game, and you forget that Daniel Gibson was in the midst of the biggest slump of his career, and since March has been shooting 44% from three.

You forget that Ben Wallace and Z were experiencing some serious mid-season wear and tear, which was noted by W&G multiple times. They're looking mighty fresh at the moment, and we have yet another week+ off.

Then you forget that we were stomping them in game 2, double digits....without Delonte, Kinsey, and Joe, with a slumping Gibson and a hobbled Ben, and with LeBron playing an complete aberration of a game, yet we were still winning...then Sasha Pavlovic..our ONLY HEALTHY SHOOTING GUARD, sprained his ankle mid-game. He was the only guy we had for Kobe. So, we answered by switching LeBron from Odom to Kobe. What happened in the third? Lamar Odom had 16 points and 12 rebounds once we sent JJ Hickson and Wally Szczerbiak on him. They won't be on him, hell, even DJ now would make DAMNED sure Odom didn't do that. Odom was the difference maker that game. It wouldn't have happened if we had a healthy 2 guard taller than 6'1.

So, what you guys don't realize is this team is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAM THAN THE TEAM LA BEAT TWICE!

Why? Joe Smith, Delonte West. A healthy/fresher Ben, a healthy/fresher Z. An absolute playoff beast in LeBron James who will play 45 minutes per game. The real Boobie Gibson. That's not even mentioning we HISTORICALLY overachieve in the playoffs with Mike Brown. Gasol historically underachieves in the playoffs.We are the best defensive team in the playoffs, with the best player, with the best 6th man(20,562 fans), and home court advantage.

Thunder Dan
04-27-2009, 02:15 PM

Kobe stops Mo Williams. And the Lakers have the personnel to slow down LeBron with single coverage.

the Cavs were up 10 at the half in Cleveland. It wasn't a blowout, it was Lamar Odom playing out of his shoes because he had a rookie on him and Laker guards getting into the paint at will because our best perimeter defender was hurt

DeadlyDynasty
04-27-2009, 02:17 PM
the Cavs were up 10 at the half in Cleveland. It wasn't a blowout, it was Lamar Odom playing out of his shoes because he had a rookie on him and Laker guards getting into the paint at will because our best perimeter defender was hurt

They were outscored by 20 in the second half...

The Cavs have no answer for the Lakers low-post threats...Lakers in 5

Muser
LMAO @ That ^

Cry more? Lol @ Joe smith being a difference maker against L.A

Thunder Dan
Because the Cavs are a one dimensional basketball team, who are boring to watch.

The NBA must think highly of us because we never got the NBA TV treatment like the Rockets did. The Cavs have been on ABC twice, ESPN and TNT once. The Rockets haven't sniffed ABC in a decade

IronMexican
If the Lakers win it all this year, I hope it's at home. Those riots in 2000 were the shit.

DeadlyDynasty
04-27-2009, 02:18 PM

and this...they are LeBron James and 4 jumpshooters(including Z and sideshow bob)...if you can't control the paint, you cant win the title

IronMexican
04-27-2009, 02:18 PM
The NBA must think highly of us because we never got the NBA TV treatment like the Rockets did. The Cavs have been on ABC twice, ESPN and TNT once. The Rockets haven't sniffed ABC in a decade

How many times have the Lakers been on those channels? I'd imagine it was at least double all those.

DeadlyDynasty
04-27-2009, 02:19 PM

not boring, but very one-dimensional...especially against the elite.

jmanu20
04-27-2009, 02:21 PM
What seems to also escape the logic of Lakers fans is that regular season and playoffs are DIFFERENT things. I'm not going to break down the specifics of what the Cavs were missing in those two games since a Cavs fan already took care of that. What I will say, since no one mentioned it, is that in 2007 the Cavs beat the Spurs both regular season games.....and couldn't beat the Spurs even ONCE in the Finals....just something to think about....

Spur-Addict
04-27-2009, 02:22 PM

just wondering...

It makes them sleep better at night.

Thunder Dan
04-27-2009, 02:23 PM
these threads have turned into nothing more than Cavs fans believeing they have a chance in a series because of a ton of variables in the previous meetings, and Laker fans trying to convince them otherwise with arrogance trying to cover the fact they are scared and threatened by the Cavs. I could care less about the Lakers to be honest- but Laker fans are obsessed with the Cavs. Just about every game watch thread involving the Cavs is 70% Laker fans. Every thread made on here about the Cavs is normally by a Laker fan. They are obsessed with the Cavs.

They are threatened by the Cavs. For example, I'm an Buckeye fan, so I would be more inclinded to discussing Michigan and schools like USC because those are the only teams I as a Buckeye fan am worried about losing to. If I went to a Buckeye board I wouldn't see 20 threads discussing this year's Indiana matchup because I know we would kill them (I don't even know if they play). That's what I'm saying. If Laker fans are so confident they would crush the Cavs, there is no reason to discuss them as much as they do.

j.dizzle
04-27-2009, 02:23 PM
:lol Kobe jacked up his finger in the 1st game & he still abused them. Big Z is slow as hell so who cares about him, all he does is shoot jumpers. In the 2nd game Kobe was throwing up at halftime with the flu & bynum didn't play. Bynum hasnt done much vs the jazz because they are short & quick so he doesn't really match up well with them. Lebron will not drive in half as much with two 7 footers clogging up the lane. Like i said earlier, if the refs call the games fair i like LA's chances. Theres nobody on Cleveland's team that intimidates the Lakers in my opinion.

stretch
04-27-2009, 02:25 PM

i wanted to say the same thing. allanon is a fucking idiot

Muser
04-27-2009, 02:25 PM
What seems to also escape the logic of Lakers fans is that regular season and playoffs are DIFFERENT things. I'm not going to break down the specifics of what the Cavs were missing in those two games since a Cavs fan already took care of that. What I will say, since no one mentioned it, is that in 2007 the Cavs beat the Spurs both regular season games.....and couldn't beat the Spurs even ONCE in the Finals....just something to think about....

You can't compare 07 Cleveland to 09 Cleveland, dramatic improvement in the team since then. Like it's been said though L.A can shut down LeBron and Williams. Granted Cleveland have the tools to shut down Kobe but they have no answer for Gasol/Bynum in the low post.

DeadlyDynasty
04-27-2009, 02:27 PM

apples and oranges...i see people bring up the 2007 comparison all the time but its a baseless argument. The Cavs played the Spurs tough, shot a decent %, and the Spurs had bad shooting % and just didn't get it done. The Lakers EXPOSED the Cavaliers Charmin frontline....that doesn't magically get better come playoff time. And please dont bring up the joe smith bs...he's a nice player but he's nowhere near what they need to combat LA's size advantage. The Cavs just outplayed SA in 2007 (regular season). The Lakers exposed a glaring weakness with the Cavs that still hasn't been corrected. Joe Smith is just a band-aid for their problems. You'll see

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-27-2009, 02:28 PM
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2000/06/20/image207444g.jpg

http://a380.g.akamaitech.net/7/380/995/0f74cefa0f0665/cbs.sportsline.com/u/photos/ap/2000/jun/lariots61900.jpg

something like this!!!!

DeadlyDynasty
04-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Like Muser said, the be-all end-all question to Cavs fans is this: Can Cleveland stop LA's frontcourt? The answer is no. Game. set. match.

Allanon
04-27-2009, 02:30 PM
the Cavs were up 10 at the half in Cleveland. It wasn't a blowout, it was Lamar Odom playing out of his shoes because he had a rookie on him

Lamar Odom is still playing great. It wasn't a fluke. The rookie is still the best Cavaliers option on Lamar Odom, nobody else has the foot speed.

And when you beat a team by 17 points with the bench in, that's a blow-out.

and Laker guards getting into the paint at will because our best perimeter defender was hurt

Your best perimeter defender? Your best perimeter defender will always be a liability versus the Lakers.

The Cavs run a very small guard position:

Delonte West 6'3
Mo Williams 6'1
Boobie Gibson 6'2

None of those guys can guard 6'6 Kobe.

The Cavs have severe matchup problems against the Lakers in the paint and on the perimeter.

Allanon
04-27-2009, 02:33 PM
i wanted to say the same thing. allanon is a fucking idiot

Hahah, you wanted to say the same nonsense, you stupid fuck?

The Lakers won by 17 points with THE BENCH in. I guess Mav fans losing ways have created a different definition for a blowout

Maybe for Mavfan it has to be 50 points for it to be a blowout? :lol

Ghazi
04-27-2009, 02:33 PM
75 win ecstasy

jmanu20
04-27-2009, 02:34 PM
apples and oranges...i see people bring up the 2007 comparison all the time but its a baseless argument. The Cavs played the Spurs tough, shot a decent %, and the Spurs had bad shooting % and just didn't get it done. The Lakers EXPOSED the Cavaliers Charmin frontline....that doesn't magically get better come playoff time. And please dont bring up the joe smith bs...he's a nice player but he's nowhere near what they need to combat LA's size advantage. The Cavs just outplayed SA in 2007 (regular season). The Lakers exposed a glaring weakness with the Cavs that still hasn't been corrected. Joe Smith is just a band-aid for their problems. You'll see

1) The TEAMS involved might be apples and oranges, but the general logic of the argument is not. You Lakers fans are thinking that LA would run right over Cleveland based on two regular season games where the Cavs were not at full strength. I'm sure there were Cavs fans in 2007 who thought they could beat the Spurs in the finals that year just based on that fact.

2) As JoeTait already pointed out, the Cavs were up by 10 at the end of the first half of one of those games. They lost the lead, which happens to a lot of teams, but not something I would call being exposed.

3) Joe Smith, while not THE answer to whatever weaknesses the Cavs might have, is still capable of making a difference.

Overall, worry about the Lakers MAKING the Finals first and then we can revive these discussions.

Allanon
04-27-2009, 02:37 PM
75 win ecstasy

Oh, don't forget to also quote me on,

"Lakers will win the West by a large margin."

--Allanon, Summer 2008

Ghazi
04-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Meh that was obvious to most people.

Allanon
04-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Meh that was obvious to most people.

Nope, look back at the thread, there were people that also said I was crazy. I even put up a sig bet on it. This was back before the season even started.

Thunder Dan
04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
I by no means think the Lakers are anywhere near the 2007 Patriots, but nobody thought the Giants had a chance- and nothing is impossible, just ask Kevin Garnett- especially when you have the MVP and the best player in the NBA: Lebron James, the chosen one

http://api.ning.com/files/7iSEDDe59njm0SDqueQMFtgDsO4odlqPieAS7vXFMxHEC8oC2r xI-PGM4778EX-H1qouibA89YYUawvEwYOD8t9kqIo9Bssd/Chosen_Lebron_James.png?width=336&height=416

stretch
04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Hahah, you wanted to say the same nonsense, you stupid fuck?

The Lakers won by 17 points with THE BENCH in. I guess Mav fans losing ways have created a different definition for a blowout

Maybe for Mavfan it has to be 50 points for it to be a blowout? :lol

running up the score after the game is already over, is not a blowout.

Allanon
04-27-2009, 02:44 PM
I by no means think the Lakers are anywhere near the 2007 Patriots, but nobody thought the Giants had a chance- and nothing is impossible, just ask Kevin Garnett- especially when you have the MVP and the best player in the NBA: Lebron James, the chosen one

Yeah, I think the Cavs can win a game like the Giants did. But in the NBA, 7 games are played in a series.

Thunder Dan
The Cavs have the chosen 1 and the Chosen 2- which is why they will win the NBA Championship

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_large/2009/04/10/anderson_varejo_chosen2.jpg

Allanon
running up the score after the game is already over, is not a blowout.

:lmao

Thunder Dan
04-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I think the Cavs can win a game like the Giants did. But in the NBA, 7 games are played in a series.

keep convincing yourself of that, but the more you talk about it the more threatened you sound. Like I said, I never talk about the Clippers because I have no fear of losing to them. Lakers fans are obsessed with the Cavs- go look at a Cavs game thread- it's 70-80% Laker fans

Allanon
04-27-2009, 02:47 PM
keep convincing yourself of that, but the more you talk about it the more threatened you sound. Like I said, I never talk about the Clippers because I have no fear of losing to them. Lakers fans are obsessed with the Cavs- go look at a Cavs game thread- it's 70-80% Laker fans

I'd much rather see the Cavs in the Finals than the Celtics or Magic. I'm rooting for the Cavs until the Finals.

Go Cavs!

Laker fans here post on any thread that's made, whether it's about the Cavs/Spurs/Mavs/Rockets/whetever. You'll find Laker fans there.

This thread was created by a Spurs fan.

Muser
04-27-2009, 02:48 PM
What doe the clipshow have to do with it?

Ghazi
04-27-2009, 02:49 PM
I'd much rather see the Cavs in the Finals than the Celtics or Magic. I'm rooting for the Cavs until the Finals.

Go Cavs!

Laker fans here post on any thread that's made, whether it's about the Cavs/Spurs/Mavs/Rockets/whetever. You'll find Laker fans there.

This thread was created by a Spurs fan.

You'd rather see the Cavs than a KGles celtics team

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Allanon
04-27-2009, 02:51 PM
You'd rather see the Cavs than a KGles celtics team

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Yes for exactly the same reason you stated "KG-less".

The Lakers are going to win either way.

Might as well make it meaningful over a full strength LeBron team rather than slapping a KG sized asterisk on it.

stretch
lol 2007 cavs

lol 2-0 against spurs in regular season

lol swept by spurs in finals

lol 2009 lakers

lol 2-0 against cavs in regular season

lol about to be swept by cavs in finals (if they make it)

lefty
I remember the 2nd game between those 2 teams, played in Cleveland.

Gasol+Lakers bench OWNED the Cavs's starting five in the 4th quarter

Thunder Dan
04-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Because James sucks against good teams, especially the Lakers. Lets be honest here. Do Cavs fans really want to play the Lakers, or are they hoping some weaker team come out of the west.

didn't Lebron put up 41 against the Lakers last year? The Lakers sucked last year?

uA9ruQJ-STk

and didn't he light the Celtics up twice this year as well? Maybe I was watching another guy named Lebron

jmanu20
04-27-2009, 02:53 PM
lol 2007 cavs

lol 2-0 against spurs in regular season

lol swept by spurs in finals

lol 2009 lakers

lol 2-0 against cavs in regular season

lol about to be swept by cavs in finals (if they make it)

This guy gets it.....don't know why you LA fans can't...

Thunder Dan
04-27-2009, 02:58 PM
here is the thing with the NBA. The Cavs and Lakers only played twice this year. You can't judge by 2 games. If that were the case you could look at the Hawks utterly destroying the Heat in Game 1 last week and just cancel the rest of the series. But, the Heat are actually up 2-1 despite losing by like 30 a couple nights earlier.

Same goes for the Cavs, you can't judge them on a couple of regular season losses and just condition everything they did to be standard- if they did that, then there would be no reason for the Playoffs.

The Hawks killed the Heat in every facet of the game, so how in the hell could they win 2 games in a row when the Hawks are that dominant?

Allanon
04-27-2009, 02:59 PM
didn't Lebron put up 41 against the Lakers last year? The Lakers sucked last year?

Same LeBron, different personell. Last year Kwame Brown was the starting Center in the first game.

No Ariza, no Pau. That's two starters right there.

Against Ariza this year, LeBron averaged like 30% shooting.

Ghazi
04-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Are you kdding. No on even watches the Cavs play. Yesterday was an NBA's fan dream come true not having to see the Cavs play due to the great game on before them. Cavs have the lowest ratings in the playoffs.

Cavs are the Mavs of the East and James is the new Dirk.

You are absolutely retarded. If I were you I'd stop posting now and try to save face. Faggot. :toast

Thunder Dan
04-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Same LeBron, different personell. Last year Kwame Brown was the starting Center in the first game.

and against Pierce last year he shot like 20% before hitting 35 a couple times in that series.

Kobe was 4-24 or some shit like that against the Jazz the other night

Liek I said, you can't condition everything from 2 games as standard while assuming the Lakers variables will adjust

Ghazi
04-27-2009, 03:02 PM
according to Allanon the Bobcats would have a better shot of beating the Lakers in a best of 7 than the Cavs.

75 win ecstasy!!

redzero
04-27-2009, 03:04 PM
I find it amusing that Thunder Dan thinks the Cavs actually have any entertainment value. If LeBron wasn't on that team, nobody would give a fuck about the Cavs. Even with LeBron on the team, they are still boring to watch.

Lakers in five.

Gouken
04-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Lakers were 0-2 against the Celtics last year. Look how that turned out.

Thunder Dan
04-27-2009, 03:09 PM
I find it amusing that Thunder Dan thinks the Cavs actually have any entertainment value. If LeBron wasn't on that team, nobody would give a fuck about the Cavs. Even with LeBron on the team, they are still boring to watch.

Lakers in five.

who is interesting on the Lakers other than Kobe? How many Grizzlies games did ABC air to showcase Gasol? I remember the Magic being on TV every night so people could get their fill of Trevar Ariza. There is no difference between the Lakers being good and on TV b/c of Kobe and the Cavs being good and on TV because of Lebron

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-27-2009, 03:09 PM
the Cavs were up 10 at the half in Cleveland. It wasn't a blowout, it was Lamar Odom playing out of his shoes because he had a rookie on him

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You mean that amazing rookie that should have been a lottery pick and that "your insider" was sure the Suns would trade Amare for?

Allanon
04-27-2009, 03:10 PM
and against Pierce last year he shot like 20% before hitting 35 a couple times in that series.

Flukes do happen...once in awhile. LeBron followed up his 25% performance with a 35% one.

Liek I said, you can't condition everything from 2 games as standard while assuming the Lakers variables will adjust

The same problems exist.

Lakers have 2 agile seven footers, who's gonna stopthem?
Lakers have 6'10 Lamar Odom, who's gonna stop him?
Lakers have 6'6 Kobe Bryant. Cavs guards are Mo 6'1, West 6'3...who's gonna stop Kobe?
Lakers have 6'8 Ariza to slow down King James and it's worked out great.

DrHouse
I would have thought it impossible and futile to defend an 0-2 record but clearly I was wrong.

The bottom line is this, the Lakers won both games against the Cavs in a similar manner. They contained Lebron James and forced him to the perimeter, and pounded the ball inside mercilessly to expose CLE's weak frontcourt.

You can talk about Z being out or Joe Smith not being there but I can also point out that Bynum didn't play, Kobe freaking dislocated his finger and couldn't even shoot, and that Kobe had the flu so bad he had to get an IV right after the game was done. At the end of the day all that kind of talk amounts to the same shit, EXCUSES. It's what losers spend their time coming up with rather than pointing to the obvious conclusion.

CLE for all their strengths is still a one dimensional team. LBJ + 4 shooters. They have no other offense to rely on when their jumpshots aren't falling and LBJ is kept out of the paint. These kind of teams typically don't win championships. The only reason the Cavs may make it to the Finals is because the good EC teams are completely decimated right now.

I would say CLE has peaked as a team. They aren't getting any better than they are playing right now for this season. LAL is like a freight train that is just starting to pick up steam....when all the pieces come together and Bynum regains his form I don't think a team the Lakers spanked 2-0 is going to give them a whole lot of trouble.

Allanon
according to Allanon the Bobcats would have a better shot of beating the Lakers in a best of 7 than the Cavs.

75 win ecstasy!!

Absolutely. The Bobcats have owned the Lakers for years now...including this year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Lakers have 2 agile seven footers, who's gonna stopthem?
JJ Hickson

Lakers have 6'10 Lamar Odom, who's gonna stop him?
JJ Hickson

Lakers have 6'6 Kobe Bryant. Cavs guards are Mo 6'1, West 6'3...who's gonna stop Kobe?
JJ Hickson

Lakers have 6'8 Ariza to slow down King James and it's worked out great.

JJ Hickson > Ariza

sook

Celtics defensive players combined with Tom Thibedoux's interior defensive spacing schemes brought about some of the greatest defense i have ever seen. James Posey took them to that level its too bad he left. Their defense was THAT good. We all kind of knew Kobe was going to shoot that way. KG just completely dominated Gasol but look for all that to change this yr.

Cavs are a real good basketball team but its kind of just one of things we all know inside, they are no match for the lakers.

Thunder Dan
I really don't feel like arguing anymore. The Lakers will obviously win the Championship because David Stern will scan message boards everywhere for Lakers fans breaking down all the possibilities as to why the Cavs stand no chance and he will just cancel the Finals because he doesn't want anyone getting hurt. There is obviously no reasoning with Laker fans, they already have the trophy just as the Cavs had theirs against the Spurs in 2007

sook
04-27-2009, 03:13 PM
JJ Hickson

JJ Hickson

JJ Hickson

JJ Hickson > Ariza

ooommffgg hahaha :lmao

sook
04-27-2009, 03:15 PM
I would have thought it impossible and futile to defend an 0-2 record but clearly I was wrong.

The bottom line is this, the Lakers won both games against the Cavs in a similar manner. They contained Lebron James and forced him to the perimeter, and pounded the ball inside mercilessly to expose CLE's weak frontcourt.

You can talk about Z being out or Joe Smith not being there but I can also point out that Bynum didn't play, Kobe freaking dislocated his finger and couldn't even shoot, and that Kobe had the flu so bad he had to get an IV right after the game was done. At the end of the day all that kind of talk amounts to the same shit, EXCUSES. It's what losers spend their time coming up with rather than pointing to the obvious conclusion.

CLE for all their strengths is still a one dimensional team. LBJ + 4 shooters. They have no other offense to rely on when their jumpshots aren't falling and LBJ is kept out of the paint. These kind of teams typically don't win championships. The only reason the Cavs may make it to the Finals is because the good EC teams are completely decimated right now.

I would say CLE has peaked as a team. They aren't getting any better than they are playing right now for this season. LAL is like a freight train that is just starting to pick up steam....when all the pieces come together and Bynum regains his form I don't think a team the Lakers spanked 2-0 is going to give them a whole lot of trouble.

Just do what the Celtics did last year and all the good teams did this year to the cavs. Clog the paint. Its simple, we all know James isn't a reliable jump shooter (understatement), take away his drives to the basket which open things up for the perimeter guys and you take away the whole cav's offense.

Allanon
04-27-2009, 03:16 PM
JJ Hickson

JJ Hickson

JJ Hickson

JJ Hickson > Ariza

That's probably the best post you've ever made. :rollin

Muser
JJ Hickson

JJ Hickson

JJ Hickson

JJ Hickson > Ariza

:lol:lmao

Thunder Dan
Let me ask this of Laker fans, can you break down a hypothetical series between the Bobcats and Lakers? Obviously the Bobcats are better than the Lakers, but how would they end up winning the series?

Allanon
I really don't feel like arguing anymore. The Lakers will obviously win the Championship because David Stern will scan message boards everywhere for Lakers fans breaking down all the possibilities as to why the Cavs stand no chance and he will just cancel the Finals because he doesn't want anyone getting hurt. There is obviously no reasoning with Laker fans, they already have the trophy just as the Cavs had theirs against the Spurs in 2007

I've tried reason.

But hey, for all it's worth, good luck in the next round. Hope you guys make it to the Finals for the showdown. :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-27-2009, 03:17 PM
ooommffgg hahaha :lmao

You'll regret laughing when JJ Hickson has a career as illustrious as Karl Malone's.

Spur-Addict
04-27-2009, 03:18 PM

Just like not having Delonte and Z. So it only goes one way I see. Nothing really changes around here.

Thunder Dan
04-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Just do what the Celtics did last year and all the good teams did this year to the cavs. Clog the paint. Its simple, we all know James isn't a reliable jump shooter (understatement), take away his drives to the basket which open things up for the perimeter guys and you take away the whole cav's offense.

the Cavs came within a rebound of beating the Celtics last year. You are saying that clogging the paint is such a sure thing, but they came within a late PJ Brown putback from winning that series. If that was such a flaw-proof plan the games would never of been close.

Muser
04-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Let me ask this of Laker fans, can you break down a hypothetical series between the Bobcats and Lakers? Obviously the Bobcats are better than the Lakers, but how would they end up winning the series?

lolwut?

Thunder Dan
04-27-2009, 03:20 PM
lolwut?

the Bobcats handled the Lakers twice this year fairly easily. The Lakers had no match for Gerrald Wallace. I'm just wondering how the Lakers would stay in a 7 game series with the Bobcats

Allanon
04-27-2009, 03:20 PM

Bobcat Bigs are too quick for the Laker bigs.

Bobcats had Shannon Brown, who lit up the Lakers in one of the games. Luckily now he's a Laker.

Bobcats also have Raja Bell, probably one of the best Kobe defenders of all time.

Lakers vs Bobcats Finals would be very competitive.

sook
04-27-2009, 03:21 PM
the Cavs came within a rebound of beating the Celtics last year. You are saying that clogging the paint is such a sure thing, but they came within a late PJ Brown putback from winning that series. If that was such a flaw-proof plan the games would never of been close.

Hmm are you forgetting that lebron was tied for 4th all time worst shooting for a star player ever before game 7? His shooting was in the 20% range one of the games. Give credit to your role players stepping up when that happened...its just you can't always rely on them.

sook

Wtf are you implying, can you make that a little more coherent?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
IMO this series will be close. There is no way to evaluate the series on paper, each team has several things going for it. The Lakers have more overall talent but the Cavs always seem to be on the same page as a team and play way more consistent, disciplined defense.

sook
04-27-2009, 03:23 PM
I'll tell you right now, if the bobcats were playing the lakers i would actually pick the bobcats, its basically the 07 mavs vs warriors drama. That mavs team was just fucking incredible. They started out 0-6 and finished with 67 wins. No team stood a chance against them, just to their misfortune it was david vs goliath in the 1st round, their kryptonite would put them to rest.

Allanon
04-27-2009, 03:25 PM
I'll tell you right now, if the bobcats were playing the lakers i would actually pick the bobcats, its basically the 07 mavs vs warriors drama. That mavs team was just fucking incredible.

Nailed it.

If those 67 win Mavs didn't run into the Warriors, they probably would have been the 2007 Champs.

Kryptonite indeed.

sook
04-27-2009, 03:25 PM
There is a reason the rockets can contain lebron and can't stop Kobe worth a lick. I thought that after we got the 2 best wing defenders something would change...but not much really has. The best offensive players have little resistance to that.

I can say this without embarrasement, Kobe took a giant shit on Artest and Battier all 4 games this year...we didn't even win one. If we advance...i don't like our chances.

IronMexican
04-27-2009, 03:27 PM
I'd call it a wash between the Cavs or Bobcats to play the Lakers in the Finals. I'd probably rather the Lakers play the Bobcats because the Lakers would be at home.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-27-2009, 03:31 PM
They started out 0-6 and finished with 67 wins. No team stood a chance against them, just to their misfortune it was david vs goliath in the 1st round, their kryptonite would put them to rest.

The 2007 Suns matched up really well with Dallas. It would have been a close WCF but the Suns would have had more than a chance against them. That was back before Amare's got crack in his eye when no one on Dallas could guard him. Shawn Marion was one of the best Dirk stoppers even when Dirk was still in his prime. Nash always played well against them idk why.

At the same time the JET and Harris always curbstomped the Suns to the point where Dirk didn't have to be amazing.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-27-2009, 03:32 PM

uA9ruQJ-STk

and didn't he light the Celtics up twice this year as well? Maybe I was watching another guy named Lebron

7Zl2crIKaiU
at 2:10 JVG saying "that's wrong on so many accounts":lmao

Chef Boyardee
04-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Listen, Cleveland as a team and a city is irrelevant. The Show will embarrass the Cavs so badly, James will ask to be traded to New York a year early.

P.S. Lebron should should stop sucking Jay Z's dick and start being his own man.

mytespurs
04-27-2009, 03:33 PM
IMO this series will be close. There is no way to evaluate the series on paper, each team has several things going for it. The Lakers have more overall talent but the Cavs always seem to be on the same page as a team and play way more consistent, disciplined defense.

good points.......

Muser
04-27-2009, 03:34 PM
The thing that could be the downfall of the Lakers however is how they tend to coast through games when they have a large lead, i'm not saying they will be like this in the finals but if they do then the Cavs could easily make them pay.

sook
04-27-2009, 03:34 PM
The 2007 Suns matched up really well with Dallas. It would have been a close WCF but the Suns would have had more than a chance against them. That was back before Amare's got crack in his eye when no one on Dallas could guard him. Shawn Marion was one of the best Dirk stoppers even when Dirk was still in his prime. Nash always played well against them idk why.

At the same time the JET and Harris always curbstomped the Suns to the point where Dirk didn't have to be amazing.

yea i forgot about the suns. They were the 2 best for about a 3 yr span. To the spurs credit pop was just a genius and had a vision that would look past the regular season and surprise everyone in the playoffs.

Allanon
04-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Just like not having Delonte and Z. So it only goes one way I see. Nothing really changes around here.

Z was there versus the Lakers, in Cleveland when Bynum was out. Lakers won by 17.

Delonte West is a liability versus the Lakers because at 6'3 he would have to defend 6'6 Kobe. I don't think there has ever been a <6'3 guard that has had any success on Kobe. Kobe would probably average 35-40 on >50% shooting with West on him.

It would be very counter-productive for the Cavs to play their normal starting guards versus the Lakers. 6'1 Mo and 6'3 West.

JoeTait75
04-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Like Muser said, the be-all end-all question to Cavs fans is this: Can Cleveland stop LA's frontcourt? The answer is no. Game. set. match.

LeBron James took 59 free throws in the Detroit series. If the Cavaliers get to the Finals, the first two games will be in Cleveland, and LeBron will get LeWhistles. L.A. indeed has an advantage in the frontcourt, but that advantage won't do them any good if their bigs are in foul trouble, which they very well might be in both games.

Another thing: L.A. has to at least split the first two games in Cleveland. If they go down 0-2, they're finished. They don't have the heart to come back from an 0-2 deficit.

Ghazi
04-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Mavs and Suns wouldn't have played in 2007 ASSUMING Mavs played a non-Warriors team in 1st round and beat Jazz in 2nd

Thinking the Bobcats have a better chance against the Lakers than the Cavs is absurd.

The Bobcats ownage of the Lakers in the past does not matter. They radically changed their roster this year.

People are putting too much stock into the regular season Lakers/Cavs games. Lakers did dominate the paint which is a bad sign, but the Cavs have the best basketball player in the world who will play all 48 minutes of a game if he has to.

Also, Kobe shoots 41% in the Finals :king

Allanon
04-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Thinking the Bobcats have a better chance against the Lakers than the Cavs is absurd.

The Bobcats ownage of the Lakers in the past does not matter. They radically changed their roster this year.

The Bobcats owned the Lakers this year as well. They whupped the Lakers with new additions Diaw and Raja Bell too.

It's embarrassing but the Bobcats are the Lakers daddy.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-27-2009, 03:57 PM
fN95qbJMj_k

DrHouse
04-27-2009, 03:58 PM
LeBron James took 59 free throws in the Detroit series. If the Cavaliers get to the Finals, the first two games will be in Cleveland, and LeBron will get LeWhistles. L.A. indeed has an advantage in the frontcourt, but that advantage won't do them any good if their bigs are in foul trouble, which they very well might be in both games.

Another thing: L.A. has to at least split the first two games in Cleveland. If they go down 0-2, they're finished. They don't have the heart to come back from an 0-2 deficit.

Why didn't James get the calls in the 1st two games they played?

If you can answer that question honestly you'll understand why Laker fans aren't really afraid of the Cavs.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-27-2009, 03:58 PM
º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ GO LAKERS 09 CHAMPS!!! ¸„ø¤º°¨copy & paste
¸„ø¤º°¨ `°º¤ø„¸if you think Lakers are going to be 09 CHAMPS!!!
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º

JoeTait75
04-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Why didn't James get the calls in the 1st two games they played?

Because he played soft in both games, the same way he played soft in Boston. He didn't attack, and he didn't play in the post. He's done both so far in the Playoffs.

If you can answer that question honestly you'll understand why Laker fans aren't really afraid of the Cavs

I wouldn't expect Lake Show Fan to be afraid of the Cavaliers, Gregory. We don't even exist to you. I know this.

Spur-Addict
04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Z was there versus the Lakers, in Cleveland when Bynum was out. Lakers won by 17.

Delonte West is a liability versus the Lakers because at 6'3 he would have to defend 6'6 Kobe. I don't think there has ever been a <6'3 guard that has had any success on Kobe. Kobe would probably average 35-40 on >50% shooting with West on him.

It would be very counter-productive for the Cavs to play their normal starting guards versus the Lakers. 6'1 Mo and 6'3 West.

In one match up Z and West did not play. In the other, West did not play.

If West played in these games it doesn't necessarily follow that he defends Kobe. Nor does it mean Williams will defend Kobe. Lines can change, there are no absolutes. Additionally, Kobe would average 35-40 against anyone with single coverage.

Nevertheless, his overall skill set (West) is very important to this team, and so is Z.

Allanon
04-27-2009, 04:28 PM
In one match up Z and West did not play. In the other, West did not play.

Agreed. Bynum missed one as well.

If West played in these games it doesn't necessarily follow that he defends Kobe. Nor does it mean Williams will defend Kobe. Lines can change, there are no absolutes.

There are only 5 players on the court, that's absolute. Big Z gets Bynum, Verajao gets Gasol, LeBron gets Ariza.

Which one of Mo/West gets to guard Kobe?

Nevertheless, his overall skill set (West) is very important to this team, and so is Z.

That's it right there. Z is undoubtedly a contributor and he was there that game that Bynum was out.

But West is a liability. Neither 6'3 West nor 6'1 Mo can guard Kobe, yet they're the starting guard combination.

Outside of the two Laker 7 footers, the other huge problem for the Cavs.....

If neither Mo nor West guards Kobe, who will?

Spur-Addict
04-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Agreed. Bynum missed one as well.

That's it right there. Neither 6'3 West nor 6'1 Mo can guard Kobe, yet they're the starting guard combination.

Outside of the two Laker 7 footers, the other huge problem for the Cavs.....

If neither Mo nor West guards Kobe, who will?

Yes, let them be 100, then we won't have to speculate.

-----------------------

What you are failing to see here, is that nobody can guard kobe. And, it's best for Delonte and Mo to play heavy minutes because they will produce in other areas. They are rated one of the top defensive teams regardless. Which means, they will not let any one person become an island.

TheMACHINE
04-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Im rooting for the Cavs. It'll be an easy Finals. Thank God the Bobcats and the Magic arnt gonna make it. ;)

Plain and simple..the Cavs dont match up well against us.

Allanon
04-27-2009, 04:55 PM
What you are failing to see here, is that nobody can guard kobe. And, it's best for Delonte and Mo to play heavy minutes because they will produce in other areas. They are rated one of the top defensive teams regardless. Which means, they will not let any one person become an island.

That plays even more to the Lakers advantage if the Cavs play team defense. Kobe's job this year is to try and pull away defenders...if Z or Verajao or LeBron help and double Kobe, that leaves Pau/Bynum/Ariza open.

Yes, let them be 100, then we won't have to speculate.

But yes, I agree. Just my opinion, we shall see.

Spur-Addict
04-27-2009, 04:57 PM
That plays even more to the Lakers advantage if the Cavs play team defense. If Z or Verajao or LeBron help and double Kobe, that leaves Pau/Bynum/Ariza open.

But yes, I agree. Just my opinion, we shall see.

Likewise. With West back they have another scorer/shooter to stretch the foor when the Lakers decide to shadow an entire half of the court for Lebron.

TheMACHINE
04-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Likewise. With West back they have another scorer/shooter to stretch the foor when the Lakers decide to shadow an entire half of the court for Lebron.

Lakers rather double team Lebron to an open shooter....compared to doubling teaming Kobe for an open dunk.

ginobili's bald spot
04-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Oh noes not Joe Smith! :yield

Allanon
04-27-2009, 05:13 PM

LeBron's lack of a post-up game lets Ariza do a pretty good job most of the time because Ariza can stay in front of him with his long arms and quick foot speed.

Lakers might double LeBron only a couple of times during a game. And they'll gladly take that if they can get the West/Kobe matchup.

My guess is the Cavs will have to take out West when Kobe's on the floor and bring in Pavlovic to get some size on Kobe. Pavlovic averages 5 points this year compared to West's 12+.

Spur-Addict
04-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Lakers rather double team Lebron to an open shooter....compared to doubling teaming Kobe for an open dunk.

I can't argue that, as that certainly is a universal. :lol

Spur-Addict
04-27-2009, 05:15 PM
LeBron's lack of a post-up game let's Ariza do a pretty good job most of the time because Ariza can stay in front of him with his long arms and quick foot speed.

Lakers might double LeBron only a couple of times during a game. And they'll gladly take that if they can get the West/Kobe matchup.

Yeah he has zero post up game. Kobe is just as good of a defender as Ariza, yet they double and shade all the same. There really isn't much else to say here. We shall see.

SpursDynasty
04-27-2009, 05:55 PM

just wondering...

Because LeBron did play and went 14-for-45 from the field combined in both games.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Oh noes not Joe Smith! :yield

:lmao

GBS always posts the sarcastic comment that sums up how ridiculous half the thread comments are.

ginobili's bald spot
04-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Because LeBron did play and went 14-for-45 from the field combined in both games.

The Spurs are gonna shut down LeBron again when they get to the finals right SD? Since they don't have any competition in the west. It's gonna be an easy road to the finals. Isn't that what you said?

DrHouse
04-27-2009, 06:00 PM
I love how everyone points out who the Cavs were missing but neglect to mention that:

1.) Kobe dislocated his finger in the 1st quarter of Game 1 and basically couldn't even shoot for the rest of the game.
2.) Bynum didn't play the second game.
3.) Kobe was seriously ill for the second game and was a non-threat on offense.

Just goes to show you how pathetic the Laker haters are. Coming up with all kinds of crazy excuses.

JoeTait75
04-27-2009, 06:06 PM
The Spurs are gonna shut down LeBron again when they get to the finals right SD? Since they don't have any competition in the west. It's gonna be an easy road to the finals. Isn't that what you said?

Oops...

JoeTait75
04-27-2009, 06:06 PM
I love how everyone points out who the Cavs were missing but neglect to mention that:

1.) Kobe dislocated his finger in the 1st quarter of Game 1 and basically couldn't even shoot for the rest of the game.
2.) Bynum didn't play the second game.
3.) Kobe was seriously ill for the second game and was a non-threat on offense.

Just goes to show you how pathetic the Laker haters are. Coming up with all kinds of crazy excuses.

You've got SpursDynasty's and Tracy McGrady's endorsement, Gregory. What else can you ask for?

DrHouse
04-27-2009, 07:01 PM
You've got SpursDynasty's and Tracy McGrady's endorsement, Gregory. What else can you ask for?

For bitch ass Cav fans to just admit they lost fair and square and stop whining about injuries because both teams were at less than full strength.

If anything the Lakers should complain about Game 2. B2B, no Bynum, Kobe sick as a dog, tail end of a long road trip.....that was a game the Cavs should have won if they were truly the better team.

sook
04-27-2009, 07:32 PM
First off, i know the cavs couldn't possibly be given an easier path to the finals with the injury of jameer and garnett...but why are you guys so certain they'll make the finals?

The orlando magic, if they beat the sixers, can beat them. I can't bank on it happening but its a very realistic possibility. They are both very good road teams and i can see dwight having his way on smith and that little bitch verajao

Killakobe81
04-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Who cares? neither has made the Finals ...yet.

Killakobe81
04-27-2009, 10:44 PM
these threads have turned into nothing more than Cavs fans believeing they have a chance in a series because of a ton of variables in the previous meetings, and Laker fans trying to convince them otherwise with arrogance trying to cover the fact they are scared and threatened by the Cavs. I could care less about the Lakers to be honest- but Laker fans are obsessed with the Cavs. Just about every game watch thread involving the Cavs is 70% Laker fans. Every thread made on here about the Cavs is normally by a Laker fan. They are obsessed with the Cavs.

They are threatened by the Cavs. For example, I'm an Buckeye fan, so I would be more inclinded to discussing Michigan and schools like USC because those are the only teams I as a Buckeye fan am worried about losing to. If I went to a Buckeye board I wouldn't see 20 threads discussing this year's Indiana matchup because I know we would kill them (I don't even know if they play). That's what I'm saying. If Laker fans are so confident they would crush the Cavs, there is no reason to discuss them as much as they do.

Well I dont worry I have wanted Cleveland if we cant get revenge on Boston ...out of the big 3 when allwere healthy only Orlando scared me least i agree Mo williams and Delonte west are good ...and LBJ will get Dwade finals treatment but we AINT the MAVS!!!

IF we get there Denver or Houston won't be easy and not promised that either team makes it ..but if we do I like our chances

ducks
04-27-2009, 10:47 PM
when spurs played cavs in finals
they pointed cavs swepted the spurs in regular season that year

JoeTait75
04-27-2009, 10:49 PM
For bitch ass Cav fans to just admit they lost fair and square and stop whining about injuries because both teams were at less than full strength.

Why do you need validation from Cavaliers fans, Gregory? 90 percent of the Lake Show fans on this forum do nothing but trash the Cavaliers, but so what?

Killakobe81
04-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Playoffs have broken well for Cavs Atlanta/Miami is going 7 Celts/Bulls at least 6 same for Orlando/Sixers ...Lakers will be tested hard next 2 rounds

iggypop123
04-27-2009, 11:25 PM
kobe was throwing up for half of the second game no bynum the cavs werent missing big z. and it was on the road.

The_Game
04-28-2009, 12:30 AM
how can people here say lakers will win for sure when they consistantly give up big leads..they were up 20 in the 4th and the lead was down to 6 in a close out game...how can they beat the cavs when they do this so often?

DrHouse
04-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Why do you need validation from Cavaliers fans, Gregory? 90 percent of the Lake Show fans on this forum do nothing but trash the Cavaliers, but so what?

Then you admit your team lost fair and square? Yes or no.

Allanon
04-28-2009, 12:34 AM
how can people here say lakers will win for sure when they consistantly give up big leads..they were up 20 in the 4th and the lead was down to 6 in a close out game...how can they beat the cavs when they do this so often?

The leads are given up by the Lakers bench. Today it was Sasha/Brown/Powell/Bynum + Kobe. But it's been that way all season long.

Lamar, Pau, Ariza, Fish all came back when it was down to 6 and they stopped the run.

In a more vital game (like Game 4 in Utah), Phil plays his starters more in the 4th.

ElNono
04-28-2009, 12:38 AM
The leads are given up by the Lakers bench. Today it was Sasha/Brown/Powell/Bynum + Kobe. But it's been that way all season long.

Lamar, Pau, Ariza, Fish all came back when it was down to 6 and they stopped the run.

In a more vital game (like Game 4 in Utah), Phil plays his starters more in the 4th.

You would hope so. It wouldn't be unheard of for Phil to tank one of these games so he can get on them about it.

Allanon
04-28-2009, 12:41 AM
You would hope so. It wouldn't be unheard of for Phil to tank one of these games so he can get on them about it.

I hope so too, it's been cause for alot of late game scares and they still haven't learned yet.

j.dizzle
04-28-2009, 12:48 AM
If phil's rotations are this stupid in the later rounds then it'll be a cause for concern. I think he just likes teasing the fans & giving them a good game since they pay a shitload of money to go to the games haha.

KidCongo
04-28-2009, 01:02 AM

Yer, the whole defense was titled towards LeBron with the big man on Ben Wallace zoning off.

The_Game
04-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Up 93-73 with 8:18 to go and 4 1/2 minutes later, you're only up 95-89 (which happens not to mention, in a 7 minute span (8:33 to 1:31), you score 3 points in the 4th quarter of a close out playoff game at home..

Definitely a cause for concern for the Lakers

Allanon
04-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Yer, the whole defense was titled towards LeBron with the big man on Ben Wallace zoning off.

The Lakers would be crazy not to shade off Ben Wallace. But when Big Z and Verajao are in, the Lakers stick with them both.

Watching Phil's strategy, it looks like he's willing to let LeBron try to get his points on single coverage with Ariza as long as he can't get the other guys involved.

Phil also changes the looks up for LeBron by giving Kobe and Lamar some time on him as well. Great strategy because it keeps LeBron as a scorer and that slows down the other guys.

Slow down LeBron with single coverage, stick to your man and it's rough on the Cavs.

KidCongo
04-28-2009, 01:34 AM
The Lakers would be crazy not to shade off Ben Wallace. But when Big Z and Verajao are in, the Lakers stick with them both.

Watching Phil's strategy, it looks like he's willing to let LeBron try to get his points on single coverage with Ariza as long as he can't get the other guys involved.

Phil also changes the looks up for LeBron by giving Kobe and Lamar some time on him as well. Great strategy because it keeps LeBron as a scorer and that slows down the other guys.

Slow down LeBron with single coverage, stick to your man and it's rough on the Cavs.

In the game @ Staples, Lakers kept LeBron out of the paint (and the Cavs) by playing a little man on man but still either Gasol, Odom or Bynum was playing off Varejao, Hickson and Big Ben. Anytime LeBron got close to the hoop he was swarmed. It was a good scheme, but I'd put money on LBJ adjusting and coming out on top in a 7 game series.

The earlier point about West missing is that he gives the Cavs another ball handler, both Mo and West can play on/off ball, so the offense flows smoothly.

When the Cavs have played Joe Johnson or Wade, Delonte would try single coverage but there would always be a lot of trapping and emphasis placed on keeping the ball out of Wade's hands. Delonte did a great job on RIP who is a great off-ball mover.

DrHouse
04-28-2009, 02:17 AM
The Cavs simply don't match up well with LAL. Even Cav fans have to admit that by now.

If you couldn't beat the Lakers on the tail end of a B2B, playing their 6th road game in a row, AT HOME, with the Lakers MISSING BYNUM, and Kobe having a flu so bad he had to leave the game immediately to take an IV..........then maybe it's time for you to admit your team just doesn't matchup all that well with the Lakers.

The_Game
04-28-2009, 08:53 AM
The Cavs simply don't match up well with LAL. Even Cav fans have to admit that by now.

If you couldn't beat the Lakers on the tail end of a B2B, playing their 6th road game in a row, AT HOME, with the Lakers MISSING BYNUM, and Kobe having a flu so bad he had to leave the game immediately to take an IV..........then maybe it's time for you to admit your team just doesn't matchup all that well with the Lakers.

the cavs were missing their starting SG, back-up SF, back-up big man....we don't know how the cavs really match-up with the Lakers. fact is the cavs have Lebron who will have a big series if the two teams meet...Lakers lack of focus and lack of defense will be their downfall. Cavs play good consistant defense for 48 minutes.

stretch
04-28-2009, 09:00 AM
I really think that both teams have bad matchups that ultimately balance each other out. At that point, it comes down to defense, rebounding, and intangibles, thus I would take the Cavs in all three of those categories all day long.

JoeTait75
04-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Then you admit your team lost fair and square? Yes or no.

I admitted it in February, Gregory. In a thread I started. You can go back and find it if you'd like.

EDIT- Here, I found it for you. Enjoy:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116407

The_Game
04-28-2009, 10:08 AM
House one question, why do you think lakers will win when you have to factor in the Lakers consistantly give up leads and play terrible defense. Great defense wins titles which is what the Cavs have.

DrHouse
04-28-2009, 10:24 AM
I think the Lakers will win because.....

THEY ALREADY HAVE TWICE IN CONVINCING FASHION.

stretch
04-28-2009, 10:30 AM
lol regular season

The_Game
04-28-2009, 10:47 AM
I think the Lakers will win because.....

THEY ALREADY HAVE TWICE IN CONVINCING FASHION.

In the regular season...you need to come up with something better than that when the Cavs team you will face in the finals is a lot different when you consider West, Z and wallace will be healthly.

TheMACHINE
04-28-2009, 11:11 AM
In the regular season...you need to come up with something better than that when the Cavs team you will face in the finals is a lot different when you consider West, Z and wallace will be healthly.

dude...you cant even come up with a reason that the Cavs will beat the Lakers. All you have is speculation. Whats the point with even trying to convince everyone that the Cavs will win. You keep saying Defense...yet the Lakers whooped the Cavs ass twice. Then you say, thats regular season...so wtf are you basing the assumptions on. Your basing it on how the Cavs play other teams??

You guys can laugh at "regular season", but im positive thats exactly what MAVS FANS said a few years ago before the first round started against the Warriors.

TheMACHINE
04-28-2009, 11:14 AM
House one question, why do you think lakers will win when you have to factor in the Lakers consistantly give up leads and play terrible defense. Great defense wins titles which is what the Cavs have.

Just because we give up leads, it doesnt mean we'll lose the game.

stretch
04-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Mo Williams will face rape any guards the Lakers throw at him. Lebron will face rape anyone who defends him, as he always does. Ben Wallace's physical play and Anderson's flopping will give Pau Gasoft fits. Z's shooting ability will pull Bynum from the middle, and the good ball rotation and movement of the Cavs will make Bynum look stupid on defense. The whole team's defense will make it tough for anyone on the Lakers to get an easy shot, despite that high powered offense. The Cavs have a very good transition defense.

Or to put it simply... Lakers will have a harder time stopping the Cavs, than the Cavs will have stopping the Lakers, which is why the Cavs will win in 6.

TheMACHINE
04-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Mo Williams will face rape any guards the Lakers throw at him. Lebron will face rape anyone who defends him, as he always does. Ben Wallace's physical play and Anderson's flopping will give Pau Gasoft fits. Z's shooting ability will pull Bynum from the middle, and the good ball rotation and movement of the Cavs will make Bynum look stupid on defense. The whole team's defense will make it tough for anyone on the Lakers to get an easy shot, despite that high powered offense. The Cavs have a very good transition defense.

Or to put it simply... Lakers will have a harder time stopping the Cavs, than the Cavs will have stopping the Lakers, which is why the Cavs will win in 6.

So we're basing the cavs win on Varejao's flops and Ben Wallace's physical play. Yes, Z can shoot...but you may have forgotten what Phil said when the Lakers beat them at the Q.... "Z is hitting his outside shot, but lets see if he can do that later in the game when he is tired". Im all good with Centers going out to shoot the long ball.

and MO WILLIAMS face raping our guards. LOL

BTW...hows Lebrons play against the Lakers so far this year?

IronMexican
04-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Has Ben Wallace got more than 10 minutes in this last series?

stretch
04-28-2009, 11:38 AM
So we're basing the cavs win on Varejao's flops and Ben Wallace's physical play. Yes, Z can shoot...but you may have forgotten what Phil said when the Lakers beat them at the Q.... "Z is hitting his outside shot, but lets see if he can do that later in the game when he is tired". Im all good with Centers going out to shoot the long ball.

and MO WILLIAMS face raping our guards. LOL

BTW...hows Lebrons play against the Lakers so far this year?

No different than what Laker fans like yourself are saying the Lakers will do to the Cavs. All based on conjecture (and the meaningless regular season).

Fact is, they both have to make it there first. This topic is old and tired, and is making Laker fans look even more retarded and hated even more than usual, because yall are so damn obsessed with the Cavaliers. Sure, this thread was started by a Spur fan, but 95% of the Lebron vs Kobe, Cavs vs Lakers arguments, are started by Laker fans here. The only one that consistently shows any decency is Iron_Mexican. Just wait till the fucking finals and shut the fuck up already.

KSeal
04-28-2009, 11:42 AM
I think the Lakers will have a 30 point lead in game seven of the finals with 6 minuets left and then they'll blow the entire lead and the LBJ's will win the title, then Kobe will retire and never be heard from again.

JoeTait75
04-28-2009, 11:46 AM
I don't begrudge Lake Show fans being confident in their team. Not in the slightest. What surprises me a little bit is the widespread notion that a team with

- 66 wins
- Homecourt advantage
- The best player in the world
- Great defense

is just going to lay down and die at the sight of the Forum Blue & Gold.

TheMACHINE
04-28-2009, 11:49 AM
No different than what Laker fans like yourself are saying the Lakers will do to the Cavs. All based on conjecture (and the meaningless regular season).

Fact is, they both have to make it there first. This topic is old and tired, and is making Laker fans look even more retarded and hated even more than usual, because yall are so damn obsessed with the Cavaliers. Sure, this thread was started by a Spur fan, but 95% of the Lebron vs Kobe, Cavs vs Lakers arguments, are started by Laker fans here. The only one that consistently shows any decency is Iron_Mexican. Just wait till the fucking finals and shut the fuck up already.

HAHA This is about the LAKERS and the CAVS and you're telling us to SHUT THE FUCK UP? This isnt even about your sorry ass MAVS. SO why dont you fucking leave the thread. Why are you even obsessed about the Lakers?

Meaningless regular season my ass...in case you forgot, both teams were playing for the #1 seed....and im POSITIVE the Cavs didnt want to lose thier first game to the Lakers.

By the way, I dont care if im not loved like Iron_Mexican. Just like none of the Lakers fans (prob except for Iron) likes ur ass anyways.

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2009, 11:50 AM
I don't begrudge Lake Show fans being confident in their team. Not in the slightest. What surprises me a little bit is the widespread notion that a team with

- 66 wins
- Homecourt advantage
- Great defense

on the contrary Mr. Tait...I think LeBron will be amped up to play the Purple and Gold. I respect the hell outta the Cavs, I just feel that LA presents too many mismatches for LeBron to overcome.

TheMACHINE
04-28-2009, 11:51 AM

- 66 wins
- Homecourt advantage
- Great defense

Likewise..its gonna be a good series

-65 wins
-Best Road record
-Best Player in the World
-Great Offense

j.dizzle
04-28-2009, 11:53 AM
:lol Go look up the Lakers record vs the top teams in the league. They dont take teams like Utah seriously. They went up by 20+ in 4 out of the 5 games with ease. When they need to clamp down they'll clamp down. Theres no reason to use too much energy in 1st rounds. I admit that blowing leads is pretty annoying but I wont bitch till they actually go up by 20+ & actually lose the game. If theres 0 seconds left & the Lakers have a W thats all that matters to me.

j.dizzle
04-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Odom looks like a man possessed out there too. If he keeps playing at a high level nobody is beating LA. Its very rare to have a player that can do as much shit as him. He can play every damn position on the court. Lovin his confidence.

JoeTait75
04-28-2009, 11:59 AM
on the contrary Mr. Tait...I think LeBron will be amped up to play the Purple and Gold. I respect the hell outta the Cavs, I just feel that LA presents too many mismatches for LeBron to overcome.

L.A. does have some mismatches in their favor. I won't try and sugarcoat the two regular-season games. The Cavaliers were dominated plain and simple.

There's a lot of talk about the supporting casts. My view is that it isn't as important for L.A. that Kobe be the best player in the series as it is for Cleveland that LeBron be the best player in the series. Kobe can be "pretty good" and the Lake Show can still win. But LeBron will have to be otherworldly.

I'll take it further and say that L.A.'s chances are enhanced if Pau is their best player in a series, and not Kobe.

IronMexican
04-28-2009, 12:01 PM
I honestly don't think the Cavs have a shot against the Lakers. The two teams that scared me were the C's and Magic. The C's still scare the shit out of me, but only if KG comes back at even 50%

TheMACHINE
04-28-2009, 12:01 PM
L.A. does have some mismatches in their favor. I won't try and sugarcoat the two regular-season games. The Cavaliers were dominated plain and simple.

There's a lot of talk about the supporting casts. My view is that it isn't as important for L.A. that Kobe be the best player in the series as it is for Cleveland that LeBron be the best player in the series. Kobe can be "pretty good" and the Lake Show can still win. But LeBron will have to be otherworldly.

I'll take it further and say that L.A.'s chances are enhanced if Pau is their best player in a series, and not Kobe.

Lebron needs to be the best player. He cant be passive like he was when they played.

stretch
04-28-2009, 12:02 PM

-65 wins
-Best Road record
-2nd Best Player in the World
-Great Offense

Fixed.

The_Game
04-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Laker fans do you see L.A winning in 5 games then? as it is hard to see L.A winning twice in the Q...and the chances of winning all 3 at home will be tough and if they go down 2-0 then it is hard to see L.A coming back

how do you guys see this series planning out in who wins each game?

j.dizzle
04-28-2009, 12:13 PM
[quote=IronMexican;3340004]I honestly don't think the Cavs have a shot against the Lakers. The two teams that scared me were the C's and Magic. The C's still scare the shit out of me, but only if KG comes back at even 50%[/quot
:lol Boston is weak but Ray Allen's shot scares me haha. When that fool is hot you can throw 3 ppl at him & he'll still drain 30 footers in your face haha

DeadlyDynasty
04-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Laker fans do you see L.A winning in 5 games then? as it is hard to see L.A winning twice in the Q...and the chances of winning all 3 at home will be tough and if they go down 2-0 then it is hard to see L.A coming back

how do you guys see this series planning out in who wins each game?
Lakers winning games 1,3,4, and 5...with games 1 and 4 being close and games 3 and 5 being blowouts. I don't mean this as any disrespect to the Cavs, that's just how I honestly see it going down

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-28-2009, 12:48 PM
What makes you think the Cavs could beat the Lakers when they were 0-2 in the regular season, and Lebron didn't have good games. Kobe with the flu still manage to score 19 and hit a rainbow shot. The cavs did indeed have the best home record, but the Lakers had A good home record and better road record than the cavs. They were the only legitimate team to beat the Cavs in the Q.

Allanon
04-28-2009, 12:54 PM

-65 wins
-Best Road record
-Best Player in the World
-Great Offense

Yup. Cavs only lost 1 game at home in which they tried their best to win.

And it was a loss to the Lakers.

Just like the 2007 Mavs, they were a dominating team but there was 1 team that had their number all season long. Mavfan back then was saying regular season victories didn't matter too.

stretch
04-28-2009, 12:56 PM
And it was a 10 point loss.

fixed

cue in the "so? they still lost. 14 rings bitch!!! mavs suck cock. yea!!!"

RedsLakers24
04-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Lakers in Five, people say Lebron will guard Odom so that means West will guard Kobe, West is too small for Kobe, Kobe has good post moves he uses against smaller players, West is a good defender but Kobe is just too big for him

Allanon
04-28-2009, 12:59 PM
fixed

cue in the "so? they still lost. 14 rings bitch!!! mavs suck cock. yea!!!"

2007 Warriors!

The_Game
04-30-2009, 11:09 AM
What makes you think the Cavs could beat the Lakers when they were 0-2 in the regular season, and Lebron didn't have good games. Kobe with the flu still manage to score 19 and hit a rainbow shot. The cavs did indeed have the best home record, but the Lakers had A good home record and better road record than the cavs. They were the only legitimate team to beat the Cavs in the Q.

Because they play amazing defense and thats what wins championships. Head to head match-ups isn't the only factor not when you consider Cavs had key rotation guys missing in those two meetings. Both teams are different. I think it is laughable they people here don't think guys like Joe Smith and D West won't make a good impact had they played.

West is a great role player who plays good defense, he can score 12+ points per game, shoot threes and play tough perimeter defense.

DrHouse
04-30-2009, 11:46 AM
Nobody is discounting the Cavs.

But you're asking Laker fans why they feel confident they can beat a Cavs team they've already beaten twice this season in pretty decisive fashion. Delonte West and Joe Smith are good role players, but they aren't going to change the core matchup problems the Cavs have. Especially considering Smith will be guarded by Bynum or Odom and West will be guarded by Shannon Brown.

The_Game
04-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Nobody is discounting the Cavs.

But you're asking Laker fans why they feel confident they can beat a Cavs team they've already beaten twice this season in pretty decisive fashion. Delonte West and Joe Smith are good role players, but they aren't going to change the core matchup problems the Cavs have. Especially considering Smith will be guarded by Bynum or Odom and West will be guarded by Shannon Brown.

Those guys matter due to the guys replacing them hard to guard guys they wouldn't normally guard. Cavs had beaten L.A 5 straight times before L.A winning both regular season games. You can't base everything on the regular season.

Pistons beat the cavs 3-1 last year and lost to them in the playoffs. Regular season head to head doesn't mean much.

Fact is the Cavs play great defense and have homecourt which will be big. Just like the Cavs/Boston series was last year.

stretch
04-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Another good example to look at is the Mavs vs. Heat.

Mavs went 2-0 against the Heat during the season, and won pretty easily each game, and had swept Miami for the past couple years at that point i believe.

Mavs definitley had the matchups in their favor, and even pretty much had the series wrapped up, with 5 minutes to go in game 3. Then what happened? D-Wade took over, and everything changed.

I see the same happening to the Lakers. Lebron will take over and win the series in 6.

crazywind28
04-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Another good example to look at is the Mavs vs. Heat.

Mavs went 2-0 against the Heat during the season, and won pretty easily each game, and had swept Miami for the past couple years at that point i believe.

Mavs definitley had the matchups in their favor, and even pretty much had the series wrapped up, with 5 minutes to go in game 3. Then what happened? D-Wade took over, and everything changed.

I see the same happening to the Lakers. Lebron will take over and win the series in 6.
Somehow you forget that someone wearing #24 on the Lakers can take over the game whenever he wants to too.

No disrespect to the German 7 footer, but Kobe aint no Dirk down the stretch...

DrHouse
04-30-2009, 03:03 PM
The Mavs CHOKED, plain and simple. Horrible coach and an unclutch loser of a star player in Dirk.

The Lakers have neither of those problems.

RsxPiimp
04-30-2009, 03:07 PM
i think lebron is 14-45 against the lakers in those two games. he had a horrible performance. even kobe with an injured finger outplayed lebron.

lebron is forced to be a jumpshooting player against the lakers. and we all know what that means.

DrHouse
04-30-2009, 03:13 PM
In the Finals ANYTHING can happen so anyone guaranteeing a particular outcome is an idiot.

stretch
04-30-2009, 03:15 PM
The Mavs CHOKED, plain and simple. Horrible coach and an unclutch loser of a star player in Dirk.

The Lakers have neither of those problems.

?????????????

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO blowing 24 point lead

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO 131-92

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO Pistons over heavily favored Lakers 4-1

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO blowing 3-1 lead to PHOENIX

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO giving up on your team

get the FUCK out

TheMACHINE
04-30-2009, 03:17 PM
?????????????

get the FUCK out

Still doesnt compare to getting swept by an 8th seed :p:

JoeTait75
04-30-2009, 03:17 PM
This might sound a little daft, but the fact that Kobe wasn't 100 percent might have actually worked in the favor of the Lake Show in the two games between the teams. It forced him to be a distributor and get his teammates involved first- and that's when the Lake Show is at its best, when Kobe is getting everyone in the game. They're not as good a team when he's trying to make hero plays all night.

stretch
04-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Still doesnt compare to getting swept by an 8th seed :p:

4-2

:p:

anonoftheinternets
04-30-2009, 03:21 PM
?????????????

get the FUCK out

:lol ...

KSeal
04-30-2009, 03:24 PM
?????????????

get the FUCK out

:lmao You're pathetic.

RsxPiimp
04-30-2009, 03:27 PM
This might sound a little daft, but the fact that Kobe wasn't 100 percent might have actually worked in the favor of the Lake Show in the two games between the teams. It forced him to be a distributor and get his teammates involved first- and that's when the Lake Show is at its best, when Kobe is getting everyone in the game. They're not as good a team when he's trying to make hero plays all night.

it is daft. kobe can still play distributor when healthy. odom and pau trashed jj hickson, varejao,smith,ben and z so bad and lebron's inability to have a consistent jumper lead to the cavs demise.

JoeTait75
04-30-2009, 03:29 PM
it is daft. kobe can still play distributor when healthy. odom and pau trashed jj hickson, varejao,smith,ben and z so bad and lebron's inability to have a consistent jumper lead to the cavs demise.

Joe was still on O.K. City's bench at the time.

RsxPiimp
04-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Joe was still on O.K. City's bench at the time.

ok. joe still doesnt make a difference.