PDA

View Full Version : LOL Iverson

baseline bum
04-27-2009, 03:33 PM
http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/rgfhgdghhfd/ai-billups.jpg

Spur-Addict
04-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah i remember that live. They also stated that Iverson just didn't fit, and that was the real reason for his absence. Via Curry.

InRareForm
04-27-2009, 03:43 PM
ABC with that ETHER

IronMexican
04-27-2009, 03:44 PM
I started laughing when they showed that yesterday.

baseline bum
04-27-2009, 03:46 PM
I didn't know the game got such good ratings.

jack sommerset
04-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Can AI make any team better? I like the guys game but its pretty obvious he can't carry a team any longer and that might be the main problem now. I am wondering if any contenders would want him next season.

baseline bum
04-27-2009, 03:51 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to see Iverson retire this year. No one is going to pay him big money and he's not signing for the MLE.

coldsweat
04-27-2009, 03:52 PM
this is probably the funniest thing i've seen today.

Spurs_9_20_21
04-27-2009, 03:58 PM
this is probably the funniest thing i've seen today.
me too!!

Spurs_9_20_21
04-27-2009, 03:59 PM
It wouldn't surprise me to see Iverson retire this year. No one is going to pay him big money and he's not signing for the MLE.
yeah, but he still wants to play.

jack sommerset
04-27-2009, 04:01 PM

Maybe he will be the first big NBA star to go over seas.

lurker
04-27-2009, 04:05 PM
I was dying when they showed that. Kick a man while he's down.

IronMexican
04-27-2009, 04:06 PM
I didn't know the game got such good ratings.

I was just too depressed to watch the NFL Draft. I felt sick just watching it on Saturday and Sunday.

TheProfessor
04-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Can AI make any team better? I like the guys game but its pretty obvious he can't carry a team any longer and that might be the main problem now. I am wondering if any contenders would want him next season.
It's not whether Iverson can carry a team anymore, that's completely out. The question is whether he's willing to accept any other kind of role. Considering how reluctant he was to come off the bench, that seems unlikely.

jack sommerset
04-27-2009, 04:17 PM
It's not whether Iverson can carry a team anymore, that's completely out. The question is whether he's willing to accept any other kind of role. Considering how reluctant he was to come off the bench, that seems unlikely.

Since the Mavs gave up draft choices and their young stud of a PG in Harris, I wondering if they would pull the trigger next year if Kidd moves on.

ElNono
04-27-2009, 04:27 PM
At least A.I. has no turnovers... :lol

Summers
04-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Ouch.

TheProfessor
04-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Since the Mavs gave up draft choices and their young stud of a PG in Harris, I wondering if they would pull the trigger next year if Kidd moves on.
Hadn't crossed my mind. That just seems like combustible situation to me. Also, they've already got one undersized guy in the backcourt as it is. Better to keep Kidd around if he's willing.

layupdrill
04-27-2009, 04:39 PM
LOL damn I missed that. Gotta post that up, gonna give you guys a shout out for that.

resistanze
04-27-2009, 04:51 PM
That shit made me spit out my Budweiser yesterday.

pauls931
04-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Iverson = Marbury?

The Franchise
04-27-2009, 05:06 PM

I think he would fit in well with the Knicks. That team would be much better if they had someone to give the ball to in pressure situations. He actually fits their needs for a go to guy.

sook
04-27-2009, 05:18 PM
lol how fucking ironic. The team iverson went to last time (nuggets) became the 8 seed, as he and billups swapped, billups took them to a 2nd seed and iverson did what he was expected to do, took the pistons down to the 8 seed. Just retire you wastful sack of shit iverson. You quit on your fucking team in the playoffs. I am still an avid detroit watched and i can't express how disgusted i am of you. Let the rebuilding process begin.

sook
04-27-2009, 05:19 PM

worse. See above.

Amaso
04-27-2009, 05:19 PM

Hell no, Iverson got to the finals.

sook
04-27-2009, 05:28 PM
He got to the finals with the presence of Deke and Eric snow as their PG. The year after or before, the nets made it to the finals and got swept the lakers. The east was extremely weak during the 3 peat.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-27-2009, 05:52 PM
He got to the finals in what was one of the weakest conferences in NBA history.

baseline bum
04-27-2009, 06:03 PM
He got to the finals in what was one of the weakest conferences in NBA history.

And he beat a team in game 1 that no one in the West could touch. Iverson was an incredible player who is acting like an ass now that his skills have declined.

Blake
04-27-2009, 06:29 PM
worse. See above.

you really don't know which way your ><><><> should go.

Thinking Iverson is worse than Marbury is beyond stupid.

Bob Lanier
04-27-2009, 06:37 PM
no one in the West could touch.
Three-quarters of the Kings' losses were by less than 7 points, as was one to the Spurs.

That the Spurs were blown out in the other three games doesn't make them "untouchable."

poop
04-27-2009, 06:56 PM
dude in '01 the lakers only lost like 2 games. thats as close to 'untouchable' as it gets

baseline bum
04-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Three-quarters of the Kings' losses were by less than 7 points, as was one to the Spurs.

That the Spurs were blown out in the other three games doesn't make them "untouchable."

15-1 wasn't some kind of accident or the team getting lucky.

Bob Lanier
04-27-2009, 07:11 PM
15-1 wasn't some kind of accident or the team getting lucky.
The Lakers were a very, very good team. But any one win or loss has a large element of chance.

The Philadelphia 76ers were not the best team the Lakers faced that postseason, by a lot. That their close finish resulted in a Lakers loss and the close finishes involving the Kings and Spurs resulted in a Lakers win does not give them anything except a moral victory on the way to their actual backdoor sweep.

sook
04-27-2009, 07:27 PM
you really don't know which way your ><><><> should go.

Thinking Iverson is worse than Marbury is beyond stupid.

i think you lost all right to contradict others as you tried making a valid comparison of hakeem and wallace.

Nobody is denying talent or acheivements, which iverson wins. Marbury can at least take a hit for his team. Not to mention a lot of the problems were probably stirred up by one of the worst coaches in NBA history, thomas.

Here are my reasons. I can tell you right now, that Iverson can make his team better. I don't want my 6 ft guard taking 20+ shots every game, the nuggets going to the 2nd seed (also to do with billups) without him is a clear testament. Iverson can play the facilitator role like all those of his size have since the dawn of the game. He chooses not to. Ok, lets let that one slide. He wouldn't take a seat coming of the bench initially, so hamilton being the great fellow he is did. What was the result? They played horrid. Once hamilton starts and its iverson's time to make a sacrifice he simple...can't. The man is the epitome of selfishness. The type of player that can be content night in and out if he gets his way, completely disregrding the needs of the team. He watched his team get swept and man handled when he could have been out there helping. Please don't give me your nonsense, sometimes talent isn't always what decides who i want on my team.

LnGrrrR
04-27-2009, 08:00 PM
LOL That's friggin harsh.

Blake
04-27-2009, 10:06 PM
i think you lost all right to contradict others as you tried making a valid comparison of hakeem and wallace.

there is a valid comparison as defenders, even if you are too stupid to get it.

4 DPOY trophies for Wallace.

SI ranks Hakeem #5 and Wallace #7 as best playoff defenders of all time.

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1139322/7/12/index.htm

you lose again, but keep trying.

Nobody is denying talent or acheivements, which iverson wins.

well then Iverson wins, dumbass.

Marbury can at least take a hit for his team. Not to mention a lot of the problems were probably stirred up by one of the worst coaches in NBA history, thomas.

what hit has Marbury taken for his team?

Here are my reasons. I can tell you right now, that Iverson can make his team better. I don't want my 6 ft guard taking 20+ shots every game, the nuggets going to the 2nd seed (also to do with billups) without him is a clear testament. Iverson can play the facilitator role like all those of his size have since the dawn of the game. He chooses not to. Ok, lets let that one slide. He wouldn't take a seat coming of the bench initially, so hamilton being the great fellow he is did. What was the result? They played horrid. Once hamilton starts and its iverson's time to make a sacrifice he simple...can't. The man is the epitome of selfishness. The type of player that can be content night in and out if he gets his way, completely disregrding the needs of the team. He watched his team get swept and man handled when he could have been out there helping. Please don't give me your nonsense, sometimes talent isn't always what decides who i want on my team.

you only talked about the 2009 version of AI and said nothing of Marbury. What do you think Marbury has done throughout his career? did you just start watching the NBA last week?
goddamn you are one focktarded piece of rocketshit.

just keep letting Hakeem whisper in your ear how he's the greatest NBA player of all time while you suck on his dreamshake