PDA

View Full Version : Dem Congressman calls for closing of border over swine flu

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-27-2009, 06:40 PM
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/lawmaker-wants-border-closed-over-swine-flu-2009-04-25.html

Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) said the border should be closed until the threat is resolved.

"The public needs to be aware of the serious threat of swine flu, and we need to close our borders to Mexico immediately and completely until this is resolved," Massa said in a statement.

"I am making this announcement because I see this as a serious threat to the health of the American public and I do not believe this issue is receiving the attention it needs to have in the news," Massa said.

Poor guy, Robert Gibbs is going to tee off on him...

balli
04-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Agree 100% percent. We need to be in full lockdown mode. And EVERYTHING where civilians come into contact with one another needs to be cancelled. It's time to panic, IMO.

clambake
04-27-2009, 06:45 PM
sealing the border.......no problem.......should be easy.

hater
04-27-2009, 06:49 PM
pussy

jack sommerset
04-27-2009, 07:42 PM
:lol Dems could careless if illegals cross the border and kill our citizens but a flu virus....comical

braeden0613
04-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Agree 100% percent. We need to be in full lockdown mode. And EVERYTHING where civilians come into contact with one another needs to be cancelled. It's time to panic, IMO.
Really? I understand it's a serious situation but we haven't even had a death inside the US yet.

FaithInOne
04-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Now they want to close it. F that.

Open the bitch wide opppppppeeeeeeeen. Time to reap what you sow mothafocka.

Let's see if sick pigs can fly up ivory towers.

ChumpDumper
04-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Now they want to close it. F that.

Open the bitch wide opppppppeeeeeeeen. Time to reap what you sow mothafocka.

Let's see if sick pigs can fly up ivory towers.Why do board Republicans actively want things to get worse?

Twisted_Dawg
04-27-2009, 08:34 PM
If they close the border, just who is going to do all the concrete work, roofing, drywall, painting on all our new expensive houses being built here???

I hope builders don't expect us to pay for the 25% increases in prces to build our nice new home.

balli
04-27-2009, 08:42 PM
:lol Dems could careless if illegals cross the border and serve us fast food but a flu virus....comical
fixed.

Really? I understand it's a serious situation but we haven't even had a death inside the US yet.
Man, if I have a plain as day fault, it's that I'm an anxiety ridden, hypochondriac, germaphobe to begin with. I'll flip out over a common cold, much less a potential pandemic. I mean, I'm full on losing hours of sleep and almost all functionality because of this. So it might not be rational, at all, but the fact remains I'm terrified enough right now that I'd accept just about anything that I thought would help the situation.

Oh, Gee!!
04-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Now he (one solitary democrat from NY) wants to close it.

fixed for accuracy, dipshit.

DarkReign
04-27-2009, 09:27 PM
fixed.

Man, if I have a plain as day fault, it's that I'm an anxiety ridden, hypochondriac, germaphobe to begin with. I'll flip out over a common cold, much less a potential pandemic. I mean, I'm full on losing hours of sleep and almost all functionality because of this. So it might not be rational, at all, but the fact remains I'm terrified enough right now that I'd accept just about anything that I thought would help the situation.

Good, so I don't feel bad calling your opinion on the subject bat-shit crazy.

Wild Cobra
04-27-2009, 09:29 PM
:lol Dems could careless if illegals cross the border and kill our citizens but a flu virus....comical
Probably because they might actually get that.

Funny how or years, contact diseases have been coming over with the illegals. Now that it's the flu that can kill, someone finally wakes up? If this is what it takes to get border security, then fine. Better late than never.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-27-2009, 09:31 PM
If they close the border, just who is going to do all the concrete work, roofing, drywall, painting on all our new expensive houses being built here???

Hmmm, unemployment continues to rise. Maybe someone should apply that already lives here... just sayin'...

Wild Cobra
04-27-2009, 09:31 PM

I hope builders don't expect us to pay for the 25% increases in prces to build our nice new home.
You are twisted...

Because of the rebalancing of supply and demand in the workforce, wages will increase for others as well. Not just construction workers.

ChumpDumper
04-28-2009, 03:23 AM
Wouldn't prices go up too?

DarrinS
04-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Am I the only one who's not the least bit worried about this?

Damn, just wash your hands and stay away from sniffly, sneezy people. I do that anyway.

RandomGuy
04-28-2009, 07:48 AM
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/lawmaker-wants-border-closed-over-swine-flu-2009-04-25.html

Poor guy, Robert Gibbs is going to tee off on him...

Unfortunately for your dumb "blame it on Obama" ass, the CDC said closing the borders would be pointless, as it has already escaped from the geographic place it originated from.

Once again, your war on science causes you to fail.

fyatuk
04-28-2009, 08:09 AM

Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) said the border should be closed until the threat is resolved.

I just find it funny that it's a NY guy coming out and saying it. I mean, Democrat/Republican/whatever, who cares, but NY? Unless he's talking about the Canadian border, he should have gotten a few people from the Southern States to bring up the idea with him.

Homeland Security
04-28-2009, 08:43 AM
BALLIJUANA

When you lay down and tonight and try to go to sleep, I want you to think about your pillow. Think about the microscopic dust mites living in it, crawling around in it, crapping in it. They crap 20 times a day. Imagine them coming out from between the threads and crawling on your face. Dozens of tiny insects crawling on your face and crapping on it as you sleep. Sweet dreams.

http://www.camden.rutgers.edu/%7Ebwhitlow/AMULET/webpagestuff/dads_dust_mite.jpg

FaithInOne
04-28-2009, 08:58 AM
^:lol, In all seriousness Bali, calm down man. This will pass soon enough.

Why do board Republicans actively want things to get worse?

Why do you classify me as a republican?

Homeland Security
04-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Ballijuana, if you can't sleep, think about your computer keyboard. Think about all the bacteria and microorganisms that get trapped between the keys. Think of all the oils from your fingers that get left on there, and what is growing in them. Do you wash your hands after every time you touch your keyboard? Do you touch your face while at the computer? Your mouth?

balli
04-28-2009, 09:08 AM
I might normally be concerned enough about stuff like that, that I'd bleach my pillows when I wash them. But right now? I got bigger fish to fry. In fact, given the God awful situation we're dealing with, were they my only concern, I'd welcome dust mites or a dirty keyboard with open arms.

So nice try, but, fail.

hope4dopes
04-28-2009, 11:02 AM

Yes the economic war declared on blue collar America is not sufficent reason to close the border. the collapse of overstrained social services is not enough, the schools of the working class flooded and in shambels is not enough, the importation of drugs that are destroying whole communities is not enough.The prisons full to busrting with illegals is not enough, MS13 murdering innocents in the streets of S.F. is not enough.But the fear you may get a deadly flu from your domestic staff maybe the clincher.

clambake
04-28-2009, 11:19 AM
none of this bothered you.......until now.

hope4dopes
04-28-2009, 11:26 AM
none of this bothered you.......until now.
And how do you come to that conclusion einstien.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Unfortunately for your dumb "blame it on Obama" ass, the CDC said closing the borders would be pointless, as it has already escaped from the geographic place it originated from.

Once again, your war on science causes you to fail.

They have confirmed cases around the world, but other countries are locking things down.

War on science? I'm sorry, all I see is a bunch of name calling from another lib poster... oh I forgot, you are from the party of Al Gore's global warming :lol

Cry Havoc
04-28-2009, 12:56 PM
:lmao at ballijuana playing everyone. Are your sarcasm detectors ALL that broken?

ChumpDumper
04-28-2009, 02:51 PM
They have confirmed cases around the world, but other countries are locking things down.Which ones?

Marcus Bryant
04-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Am I the only one who's not the least bit worried about this?

Damn, just wash your hands and stay away from sniffly, sneezy people. I do that anyway.

True. Practicing common hygiene will greatly reduce your potential exposure.

RandomGuy
04-28-2009, 05:21 PM
They have confirmed cases around the world, but other countries are locking things down.

War on science? I'm sorry, all I see is a bunch of name calling from another lib poster... oh I forgot, you are from the party of Al Gore's global warming :lol

You are confusing political actions with actions that are supported by science.

The CDC says that "locking" things down is pointless, and base that on their models of how to handle the disease. It costs too much and is too disruptive to economic processes to make a case for it.

"locking things down" is simply a way for "concerned" polticians to show they are doing something, when the reality is that the horse is out of the barn.

You dumbass.

oh, I forgot you are from the party that doesn't believe in physics.

Crookshanks
04-28-2009, 05:33 PM
The only thing I'm concerned about is my daughter and her husband are in Cancun on their honeymoon - and I read an article this morning about a honeymoon couple from Scotland who contracted the Swine Flu while in Cancun last week!

sabar
04-29-2009, 12:56 AM
People are dumb if they think they can isolate themselves from disease. All it takes is one person. What are you going to do, stop trading with everyone and hide behind walls? A container ship comes in and an infected dude hands it off to U.S. workers unloading things. A flight attendant gets infected serving random people on an international flight. A drug smuggler sells cocaine to some kid and they get infected.

All you can do is lock yourself in your house and not go outside. Washing your hands and wearing masks is no guarantee to anything, especially since soap doesn't kill any virus.