PDA

View Full Version : "Ginobili 35-40% of (Spurs) offense" Missing

Spursmania
04-27-2009, 07:36 PM
It's true.

“They’re missing a big part of what has been the nucleus of their team” Mavericks guard Jason Terry said. “Manu Ginobili is 35-40 percent of their offense. When you’re missing that, it’s a big hole.”

Source-Dallas at San San Antonio Preview by Paul Weber

Thompson
04-27-2009, 07:42 PM
It's good that he at least acknowledged that, I guess.

He's still a dirty little nutpuncher though.

Spursmania
04-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Many Dallas Fans fans have asked the Spur fans to stop "acting like the Spurs are a depleted" team and the Dallas team is just better than the Spurs team. When many Spur fans pointed out the obvious, that we are missing one of our main contributors, Mav fans called bullshit. However, their own beloved Jet just confirmed the sad reality. Without Manu we are in a big hole.

Mavs this is your chance to put us away. Let's see if you can do it tomorrow.

Spursmania
04-27-2009, 07:47 PM
It's good that he at least acknowledged that, I guess.

He's still a dirty little nutpuncher though.

And, yes, he is still a dirty nutpuncher:lol

benefactor
04-27-2009, 07:55 PM
:depressed

spursfan09
04-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Tell Jason Terry to quit whining and stop making excuses.

I Love Me Some Me
04-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Without Manu this just an average team..

Spurs_down_3to1
04-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Many Dallas Fans fans have asked the Spur fans to stop "acting like the Spurs are a depleted" team and the Dallas team is just better than the Spurs team. When many Spur fans pointed out the obvious, that we are missing one of our main contributors, Mav fans called bullshit. However, their own beloved Jet just confirmed the sad reality. Without Manu we are in a big hole.

Mavs this is your chance to put us away. Let's see if you can do it tomorrow.

This is the guy you are missing. This little flopper punk. If his game is so strong then why resort to flopping. Flopping is used by players with limited skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DOUyxvp9bI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEef1T_lqwA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGGOxzDYBVo&feature=PlayList&p=7C524C5235ECE78D&index=0&playnext=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DOUyxvp9bI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sp-SWL7lLE

The spurs actually have some dignity without Manu since he was as you say 35-40% of your flopping offense.

all_heart
04-27-2009, 08:19 PM
We all know that's true, however that doesn't explain the fact that nobody (besides TP) is making shots. Same old story every year, even w/Manu. I know all teams get dry spells, but our Spurs are notorious for that. I think it comes down to a lack of rhythm and energy.. in other words too many "old" guys. We need young hungry players that want to win and show it. When I see some of the other playoff games, you see the bench jumping up and down showing excitement.. You look at our bench and it looks like politicians applauding at a speech... sorry for the rant..

spurs1990
04-27-2009, 08:20 PM
How's it the Mavs fault that Ginobili is MIA.

This is all on the the Spurs' FO, for lacking some fortitude last February during the trade deadline.

Solid D
04-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Preaching to the choir.

Even with Ginobili, the Spurs would have trouble with certain teams this year, especially the Lakers and Cavs. Those teams are very impressive to watch.

Spursmania
04-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Preaching to the choir.

Even with Ginobili, the Spurs would have trouble with certain teams this year, especially the Lakers and Cavs. Those teams are very impressive to watch.

Very true, but with Manu, certainly our chances of reaching the WCF increases substantially without a doubt, I believe.

timvp
04-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Yeah, the Spurs were built on the premise of having the Big Three healthy during money time. You take out one of those pieces and then the shaky role players become exposed.

Brazil
04-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Thank You Jet the new captain obvious, one of the big 3 out = -1/3 of the offense.

Solid D
04-27-2009, 09:12 PM
The playoffs are usually a time when the Big 3 step up their point production and level of play.

In 2007-08, the Big 3 averaged 57.6 ppg (regular season) and 60.4 ppg in the playoffs.
In 2006-07, the Big 3 averaged 54.1 ppg (regular season) and 59.7 ppg in the playoffs.

This season, the Big 2 are averaging 46.6 ppg in the playoffs and they averaged 41.3 during the season. Even with Parker's increased level of play, they aren't getting the 15-17 ppg from Mason, Manu's replacement. They're getting 8. That's not to mention the additional slash and distribute threat that is missing.

Mel_13
04-27-2009, 09:25 PM
The playoffs are usually a time when the Big 3 step up their point production and level of play.

In 2007-08, the Big 3 averaged 57.6 ppg (regular season) and 60.4 ppg in the playoffs.
In 2006-07, the Big 3 averaged 54.1 ppg (regular season) and 59.7 ppg in the playoffs.

This season, the Big 2 are averaging 46.6 ppg in the playoffs and they averaged 41.3 during the season. Even with Parker's increased level of play, they aren't getting the 15-17 ppg from Mason, Manu's replacement. They're getting 8.

And there you go; the simple math is indisputable. People can rant all they want about Pop and rotations and desire until they're blue. But the numbers don't lie. Numbers like 32-12 with Manu, 22-16 without. That's the difference between a 59 win pace and the clear second seed and a 47 win pace and a battle with Phoenix for the 8 seed.

Sean Cagney
04-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Once again I GET DEPRESSED about this shyt and get beat in the head with Manu being out reality again, everytime I think they can comeback and do this I remember that dude is out :( DAMNIT this year sucked late.

Sean Cagney
04-27-2009, 11:27 PM
This is the guy you are missing. This little flopper punk. If his game is so strong then why resort to flopping. Flopping is used by players with limited skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DOUyxvp9bI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEef1T_lqwA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGGOxzDYBVo&feature=PlayList&p=7C524C5235ECE78D&index=0&playnext=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DOUyxvp9bI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sp-SWL7lLE

The spurs actually have some dignity without Manu since he was as you say 35-40% of your flopping offense.
What are you ten years fukkin old? Good lord you are an idiot.

Spursfan092120
Water is wet
Grass is green
Clay Aiken is gay

lefty
Considering how we are playing on both ends, I would say 95% of the team is missing

Spursfan092120
04-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Considering how we are playing on both ends, I would say 95% of the team is missing
:tu

Spurs_down_3to1
04-27-2009, 11:52 PM

I can see you are not intelligent enough to understand my post.

Spursmania
04-28-2009, 12:39 AM

Yes, this 13 year old troll is truly an idiot. Bar none.:troll
The troll's post's are nothing but trash.

I can see your trolling again. You incapable of posting intelligent posts. You call the trash talking post you have above intelligent? LMAO... Keep trolling, so you can get banned.:ban::ban:

Sean Cagney
04-28-2009, 01:54 AM

Understand what? You troll alot here and are always downing the Spurs in their state and talking utter garbage? Yeah I understand you are here just to talk shyt and do stupid posts, thats all I see from you since you came here.

BTW your team will never win a damn title, feel happy about beating SA without Gino and without Tim 100% and lose later, what title did that give you at all? Your guys will never win one, reality 101.

spursbird
04-28-2009, 02:12 AM
I'd say if Duncan is healthy and 3pts are more accurate, Spurs will win over Mavs in 6 games, even without Manu. Manu just became a 3pt shooter before he injured.

hater
04-28-2009, 08:23 AM
you know it's a sad time when Jason Terry starts feeling bad for you

:lol

Rogue
04-28-2009, 08:27 AM
3Sp-SWL7lLE

:lmao

fEef1...eature=related

burntorange
04-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Manu is more important to this team than Parker.

Take away Duncan, the Spurs lose their anchor on both ends of the court. Duncan's a presence.

Take away Manu, the Spurs lose their X-factor, a guy who can slash and shoot and penetrate and make clever passes and play solid defense. His impact is larger than his stats.

Take away Parker, the Spurs lose a capable scorer. His defense is pretty mediocre. Statistically, he's a great player, and a deserving member of the big 3. But he's the most easily replaceable of the big 3. (That's not to say he's easily replaceable, though.)

This is Duncan's team. Duncan's team is good with Parker. With Manu confusing opposing defenses and giving opposing coaches headaches, Duncan's team is amazing.

manu the best
04-28-2009, 11:05 AM
if MANU was playing our ticket to the western finals was sure .. we also had a great chance of beating the lakers .. most of the time people under estimate MANU .. they think this is a tony parker or tim duncan team .. but just look what is happening right now .. even thought tp and td are producing big numbers we're still losing .. MANU brings a lot to this team .. scoring, assist, rebound, steals, of the bench production, energy, hustle, leadership and many more .. one thing great about MANU is that he is a team player .. he will do what is best for the team .. he accept his role .. if tim is the soul and tony is the heart of is team .. MANU is the blood ang body of this team .. the soul is no use w/o a body and heart is no use w/o blood .. MANU is the BEST !!!
.. go MANU go .. go SPURS go ...:lobt:

StoneBuddha
04-28-2009, 11:28 AM
The Pop Duncan era is OVER its time to get on with and AVERY PARKER era.

No Thank You! :lmao

afireinside20
04-28-2009, 11:48 AM
It just sucks having Manu not playing, and watching your team go down. But in a way you can thank Ginobili for tanking our year. He went against Pop's wishes and had to play in the Olympics on that damn ankle. Had he rested the ankle that summer, we'd be sweeping the Mavs right now, but ehhh. Plus with the team of veterans we have we just can't do it, we have too many old guys. I say this summer we retool, and get rid of some of the guys we have and bring in some much needed youth and athleticism. We'll be back next year, we will have our revenge.
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: