PDA

View Full Version : Duncan: There's no quit in us

Spurs Brazil
04-27-2009, 08:06 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/04/duncan-theres-n.html

Duncan: There's no quit in us
By Jeff McDonald on Apr 27, 09 06:56 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) Save & Share Yahoo! BuzzYahoo! Newsvine del.icio.us Facebook Google Reddit Fark
So the Spurs are down 3-1 in their first-round series against Dallas, and probably looking at their earliest playoff ouster since 2000.

If they follow the lead of their captain, however, the Spurs won't be going down without a fight.
Acknowledging the reality of the Spurs' dire situation, Tim Duncan said after practice Monday that his team has no plans go slip easily into the offseason.

"I don't think there's a lot of quit in us," Duncan said. "We're going to fight it to the end, and do everything we can to extend this series and put that pressure on them."

Only eight teams in NBA history have recovered to win a series after falling behind 3-1. The Spurs have never done it, going 0-7 all time in such instances.

Despite that discouraging history, Duncan said the Spurs' overriding goal right now is to at least get the series to a seventh game. Game 5 is Tuesday night at the AT&T Center.

"We feel like we can make this series as long as possible," Duncan said.

S4Spur21
04-27-2009, 08:10 PM
We're fucked

benefactor
04-27-2009, 08:12 PM
We know this. His teammates are a different story though.

Spurs_down_3to1
04-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Sure looked like the spurs quit in game three.

spurs1990
04-27-2009, 08:16 PM
Timmy's writing checks his game can't cash.

Does he even realize he's a four time champion dishing out cliches on coming back from 3-1 down, in the FIRST round!

I guess this is how it feels like to be a Rockets fan...sweating out a opening round series.

Spursmania
04-27-2009, 08:34 PM

Why are you so disrespectful? You're lucky the mods let you come on this forum. All your postings and threads are very negative and taunting to anything Spur related. Don't you have any basketball sense whatsoever? Can't you appreciate the game of other players and/or the class of other players. :nope

Spursmania
04-27-2009, 08:40 PM
We know this. His teammates are a different story though.

Duncan will never give up nor will Parker or Bowen.

jag
04-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Title of the article:

What Duncan actually said:

"I don't think there's a lot of quit in us"

Spursmania
04-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Title of the article:

Seems like he could he have been referring to the role players who haven't stepped it up?

weebo
04-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Clearing that mental hurdle is the first step in believing you can actually comeback. Its not like Tim to make comments like that. I think he truly believes this team can comeback. That's why he's the real leader of this team.

TDMVPDPOY
04-27-2009, 09:13 PM
td too much talking this series.....

tmtcsc
04-27-2009, 09:38 PM

You have to actually start in order to quit and that never happened.

Spursox
04-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Too much talking I agree...Is he trying to fill the ATT Center?

Chief
04-27-2009, 09:56 PM
the ones who are critizing his comments are hilarious

yeah ur right, timmy d should just come out and say itīs over
why wouldnīt the captain of a team say thereīs no quit in us, what do u want him to say ?. lol

ducks
04-27-2009, 10:02 PM
no quit in duncan and tp bowen
not sure about anyone else

pawe
04-27-2009, 10:17 PM
He's just saying the things that he's supposed to say.

SA210
04-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Title of the article:

twincam
04-27-2009, 10:45 PM
I've been saying this every single year. When they (Spurs) struggle...the "so-called" bandwagon fans simply throw in the towel and criticize anybody they can just as an excuse. However when they (Spurs) win...they are worshipping them.
Just ignore these clowns.....The only reason they keep posting is because they are waiting to see if they (Spurs) will win the next game...that way they can start a new thread saying: "I knew they'd come back". OMG...get real people. Either you're true Spurs fans or you're a poser. I know that 75% of you are all posers. For those that say it's over... why do you persist to post threads on here? Go on with your lives!

The true fans always stand behind them. It's not over.

z0sa
04-27-2009, 10:54 PM
yeah, people around here already counting spurs out are lame, and don't give me that "i'm not a bad fan i'm just criticizing" bullshit, this is not the time ...

dougp
04-27-2009, 11:00 PM
I thought the Spurs have come back from being down 3-1?

lefty
04-27-2009, 11:21 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/04/duncan-theres-n.html

By Jeff McDonald on Apr 27, 09 06:56 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) Save & Share Yahoo! BuzzYahoo! Newsvine del.icio.us Facebook Google Reddit Fark
So the Spurs are down 3-1 in their first-round series against Dallas, and probably looking at their earliest playoff ouster since 2000.

If they follow the lead of their captain, however, the Spurs won't be going down without a fight.
Acknowledging the reality of the Spurs' dire situation, Tim Duncan said after practice Monday that his team has no plans go slip easily into the offseason.

"I don't think there's a lot of quit in us," Duncan said. "We're going to fight it to the end, and do everything we can to extend this series and put that pressure on them."

Only eight teams in NBA history have recovered to win a series after falling behind 3-1. The Spurs have never done it, going 0-7 all time in such instances.

Despite that discouraging history, Duncan said the Spurs' overriding goal right now is to at least get the series to a seventh game. Game 5 is Tuesday night at the AT&T Center.

"We feel like we can make this series as long as possible," Duncan said.

Tell that to Pop, Timmy, not to us

Dunc n Dave
04-27-2009, 11:21 PM

They've come back, but never actually won the series after being down 3-1.

We were down 3-1 to Dallas in 2006 and took it to 7 games, but the Manu foul on Dirk sent it to OT and the rest was history.

Sean Cagney
04-27-2009, 11:22 PM

Not to win the series, in 06 they did it and lost game 7 in OT. They came back from 2-0 last year against NO, thats the most they have done.

EricB
04-27-2009, 11:25 PM
You people don't deserve Tim Duncan.

Spurs_down_3to1
04-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Duncan will never give up nor will Parker or Bowen.

Duncan quit in game 3.

Spursmania
04-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Duncan quit in game 3.

Trolling every thread on here with insulting TD/Spur barbs will get you nowhere. I am surprised Mods haven't caught your lame threads and constant trolling on the Spur forum.

You really need to get a life. How old are you 13? Lol...:troll

Avitus1
04-28-2009, 01:08 AM
I got faith in Timmy
I got faith in Tony

Its the rest of the guys I'm not so sure about.

justinandimcool
04-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Tim and Tony will show up til the end, I know they will.

But we need someone to be that energy guy. I was watching Ronnie Price tonight and thought if any role player on the Spurs played like that we'd have a shot. I'm looking at you Gooden and Mason.

My gut says that guy for us will be Hill though. Dude with nothing to lose.

m33p0
04-28-2009, 01:34 AM
one more, timmy. give us one more game.

DubMcDub
04-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Why does anybody care what he says? Maybe they'll quit, maybe they won't. My money's on the latter, to be sure. But what the players say is irrelevant. They'd say "there's no quit in us" to the reporters either way.

crc21209
04-28-2009, 03:04 AM
I believe in TD, TP, Pop, and Bruce. It's up to the other guys to bring it. But TD will try his damndest. :ihit :flag:

crc21209
04-28-2009, 03:05 AM
Why does anybody care what he says? Maybe they'll quit, maybe they won't. My money's on the latter, to be sure. But what the players say is irrelevant. They'd say "there's no quit in us" to the reporters either way.

Blah blah blah blah.....:sleep

milkyway21
04-28-2009, 05:37 AM
Thanks God. He's still alive.
WE are NOT READY TO QUIT ON YOU EITHER.

(I hate Joey Crawford)

Just don't run a one-man show.
Pass the ball around.
Let it fly. Don't hesitate.

Free George Hill

Bring back CONFIDENCE.

ok, they are already celebrating. Because they are scared that you'll survive.

Make history.

WIN THIS ONE. I don't care if you lose to the Lakers again.

3-1 BUT just lose to the TOP team not just against this Dallas team. You are the better team.

:flag:

WIN OR LOSE YOU ARE STILL OUR FAVORITE TEAM IN THE WORLD.

http://images.cbssports.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img11683641.jpg