PDA

View Full Version : bonds done for season?

ducks
03-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Bonds says he may be out until next season following knee surgery
March 22, 2005

Photo
AP - Mar 22, 11:19 am EST
More Photos
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- Leaning his head on a crutch and repeatedly saying he was tired, Barry Bonds said he might miss the entire season following his latest knee surgery.

``Right now I'm just going to try to rehab myself to get back to, I don't know, hopefully next season, hopefully the middle of the season. I don't know. Right now I'm just going to take things slow,'' he said Tuesday after meeting with San Francisco Giants trainer Stan Conte for 1 1/2 hours.

``I'm 40 years old, not 20, 30.''

The seven-time NL MVP, who returned to spring camp Tuesday following last week's surgery, made his remarks while sitting at a picnic table outside the Giants' clubhouse with his 15-year-old son, Nikolai, at his side.

Bonds said he was tired and disappointed following a winter in which he was accused of steroid use, his grand jury testimony was leaked and he had two knee operations. He blamed his troubles on the media.

``You wanted me to jump off a bridge, I finally did,'' Bonds said. ``You finally brought me and my family down. ... So now go pick a different person.''

Bonds had his latest surgery last Thursday in the Bay Area. Though the Giants have not set a timetable for his return, Conte has said it's unlikely he'll be ready for opening day.

ADVERTISEMENT
``My son and I are just going to enjoy our lives. You guys wanted to hurt me bad enough, you finally got me,'' Bonds said. ``I'm mentally drained. I'm tired of my kids crying.''

Bonds begins the season third on the career homers list with 703, trailing Babe Ruth (714) and Hank Aaron (755).

Last September, the Giants dropped a provision that would have allowed them to void Bonds' $18 million salary in 2006 if he failed to reach 500 plate appearances this year or 1,500 combined from 2003 to 2005, including at least 400 this year.

Rick Eymer, a stringer for The Associated Press, contributed to this report.

exstatic
03-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Karma.

N.Y. Johnny
03-22-2005, 10:07 PM
hmmmm after Mark McGwire gets grilled and is pretty much convicted in the court of public Opinion as a juicer, Bonds all of a sudden probably can't handle the rehab to come back and its too much
"I'm tired" he was saying on an interview i saw on ESPNNEWS, and he is blaming the media and everyone for his misfortunes, and saying they all finally got what they wanted.

Barry fuck you! YOu whiny little bitch, after seeing what happened with the hearings he is going to probably end it now rather than go further under the cloud of suspicion that lingers over him. yeah Barry we all got what we wished for you piece of shit....please.

I hate this guy and can't stand him, i'll be glad to see his cheating ass gone, and take Sosa with you too.

exstatic
03-23-2005, 02:11 AM
I'm tired of his bitchiness, too. Do you know why the press doesn't like you, Barry? You never wanted them to.

There's an old saying, originally coined for Hollywood, but it applies here, too: Be nice to people on your way up, because they're the same people you see on your way down. Folks'll be breaking out the brickbats to take their shots at Barry as he goes down. He has it coming.

3rdCoast
03-23-2005, 03:06 AM
fuck bonds.

2pac
03-23-2005, 11:09 AM
I hope Barroid never plays again.

exstatic
03-23-2005, 11:16 AM
:lmao I just saw some of the video. They simply asked him about his surgery, and when he might be back. He then asked them to widen the shot to include his son, then dropped the "...so you can see the pain you've caused my family" card. Yeah, you're such a victim, biznatch.

T Park
03-23-2005, 04:57 PM
yeah that 18 million hes gonna get this year from the Giants whether he plays or no, really sucks.

Fuck you Bonds.

Das Texan
03-24-2005, 12:37 AM
Babe Ruth strikes again.