PDA

View Full Version : Denver, Dallas, Houston

Xylus
04-28-2009, 04:43 AM
If you had told me at the beginning of the season that Denver, Dallas, and Houston would most likely advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs this year, I would have put on my lollerskates and hopped in my roflcopter.

But that's why they play the games, I guess.

benefactor
04-28-2009, 05:25 AM
I have said many times to many people that Houston could make a run if they stayed healthy. Losing TMac has turned out to be addition by subtraction.

I think they are an intriguing matchup for the Lakers. Though they are a bit undersized, Houston has a lot of dirty work players that play a lot bigger than they are. They could take turns roughing Gasol up with Landry, Artest, Hayes, etc. They also have multiple perimeter defenders to throw at Kobe. They have a good young slashing PG in Brooks and nice scorer off the bench in Wafer. Combine all that with Yao and the Lakers not being that great of a defensive team and this could be a longer series than some expect it to be....and possibly an upset.

mystargtr34
04-28-2009, 05:40 AM
If you had told me at the beginning of the season that Denver, Dallas, and Houston would most likely advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs this year, I would have put on my lollerskates and hopped in my roflcopter.

:lol

21_Blessings
04-28-2009, 06:09 AM
Combine all that with Yao and the Lakers not being that great of a defensive team and this could be a longer series than some expect it to be....and possibly an upset.

No.

benefactor
04-28-2009, 07:02 AM
No.
Denial.

21_Blessings
04-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Denial.

Delusion.

Red Hawk #21
04-28-2009, 01:48 PM
21 douchebags actually thinks the Lakers are a good defensive team...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-28-2009, 01:50 PM

If some one told me Denver would trade A.I. for Chauncey then it would become a lot more believable. Don't you remember how going into the season everyone said Houston was the 2nd best team in the west if they stayed healthy.

Findog
04-28-2009, 01:53 PM
I think Denver has the best chance of upsetting the Laker applecart: they are just as athletic, have just as much depth, they play good defense and they're peaking at the right time.

DPG21920
04-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Injuries sure do have an effect on things.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-28-2009, 02:07 PM
I think Denver has the best chance of upsetting the Laker applecart: they are just as athletic, have just as much depth, they play good defense and they're peaking at the right time.

Their offense matches up well against LA's defense. LA gave up the 5th most assists this year and Denver had the 6th most. Their two best spots offensively are PG and SF, the two positions you need to be good at when playing LA.

The problem is their D matches up horribly with LA's O. Hopefully fat George won't do that stupid K-Mart guarding Kobe thing again. Birdman is a great help defender but his 1 on 1 post D is average at best. JR Smith is going to have to guard someone. Melo's D is a lot better this year and he'll probably guard Kobe.

I say LA wins in 7.

dirk4mvp
04-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Their offense matches up well against LA's defense. LA gave up the 5th most assists this year and Denver had the 6th most. Their two best spots offensively are PG and SF, the two positions you need to be good at when playing LA.

The problem is their D matches up horribly with LA's O. Hopefully fat George won't do that stupid K-Mart guarding Kobe thing again. Birdman is a great help defender but his 1 on 1 post D is average at best. JR Smith is going to have to guard someone. Melo's D is a lot better this year and he'll probably guard Kobe.

I say LA wins in 7.

Wouldn't Dahntay Jones guard Kobe?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Wouldn't Dahntay Jones guard Kobe?

I hope not.

Allanon
04-28-2009, 03:12 PM

Mavericks would put up a better fight than the Nuggets.

The talent has always been there, they just haven't played well as a team until late in the season.

If the Mavs get past the Spurs, I think it's going to be Mavs/Lakers WCF.

IronMexican
04-28-2009, 03:22 PM
People could have told me one of these three were advancing, and I wouldn't have believed you.