PDA

View Full Version : it Is possible to Suspend tonight's game?

roGerM
04-28-2009, 05:35 AM
Hey guys, there is a lot of things going on in the las 2hrs all governments and markets in the world are overreacting because the flu thing.
My question is to all you guys from San Antonio...how probable is that SA city authorities decide to suspend the game because the flu? I think it is not a good idea to keep 20000 people indoor for 3 hrs having all this mess around. Just 1 sick individual can transmit the virus to quite a few. And those ones to thousends, and so on.
Alert!!!! Seriously

easy7
04-28-2009, 05:39 AM
Did they suspend all the games they had last night? No, then same answer applies here, but I sure that the Hornet's fans wanted for their game against Denver to be suspended. :lol

roGerM
04-28-2009, 06:23 AM
that was last night...what about today, everything is turning very fast. There is a few high schools closed in SA because of the flu. Am I right?

timvp
04-28-2009, 06:28 AM
I wouldn't mind the NBA suspending this series for a couple months . . .

CubanMustGo
04-28-2009, 06:32 AM
Wrong. No cases have yet been diagnosed in Bexar County.

KenziE
04-28-2009, 06:39 AM

or atleast till manu's back :flag::flag::flag:

SA210
04-28-2009, 06:47 AM

Obstructed_View
04-28-2009, 06:53 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/98/Tamiflu.JPG

RingNumber5in09
04-28-2009, 06:57 AM
Swine flu is a very curable virus. The strain that's made it to the US from Mexico is a weakened form of the more deadly swine flu in Mexico. If you get flu symptoms, go to your doctor and ask to get tested.

But, let's get this straight while we're at it: this whole swine flu thing is being WAAAAAAAAAAY overblown by the national media...THIS IS GREAT FOR THEIR RATINGS!!!! (EVERYONE IS GLUED TO THEIR TELEVISIONS WANTING TO KNOW MORE ABOUT SWINE FLU!!!)

We'll all be fine. If you get sick go to your doctor (just like you do with any other illness) and they'll fix you up.

SA210
04-28-2009, 07:10 AM
Swine flu is a very curable virus. The strain that's made it to the US from Mexico is a weakened form of the more deadly swine flu in Mexico. If you get flu symptoms, go to your doctor and ask to get tested.

But, let's get this straight while we're at it: this whole swine flu thing is being WAAAAAAAAAAY overblown by the national media...THIS IS GREAT FOR THEIR RATINGS!!!! (EVERYONE IS GLUED TO THEIR TELEVISIONS WANTING TO KNOW MORE ABOUT SWINE FLU!!!)

We'll all be fine. If you get sick go to your doctor (just like you do with any other illness) and they'll fix you up.

What's funny is that alot of people email the news stations about them overrecting, and they (the news) feel that they look innocent by asking experts if they are blowing things out of proportion, knowing that it doesn't matter what the experts say, they will continue to try and scare the world anyway.

Morons.

Now back to Spurs. :lol

:flag:

Bruno
04-28-2009, 07:49 AM
http://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1633120799

News just said they are taking special Flu precautions at Arena for game tomorrow and will have medical staff available.

hater
04-28-2009, 08:21 AM

couple of months, today. mavs still rape us.

I say send 10 mexican hookers to the mavs locker room pregame. by halftime, they will be dropping like flies with swine flu

Spursmania
04-28-2009, 09:11 AM

3 High school students have been confirmed for having the flu strain. Article below discusses it.:wow

Flu closes San Antonio school district for a week
HISD takes a wait-and-see approach
By ELIZABETH ALLEN
SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS-NEWS
April 27, 2009, 7:50PM

CubanMustGo
04-28-2009, 09:25 AM
3 High school students have been confirmed for having the flu strain. Article below discusses it.:wow

Flu closes San Antonio school district for a week
HISD takes a wait-and-see approach
By ELIZABETH ALLEN
SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS-NEWS
April 27, 2009, 7:50PM

That's really interesting, because I can't find a link to that story at mysa.com, which had an article posted at 1AM this morning about Harlandale HS being shut down for a day because of some threat someone phoned in.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Threat_against_students_staff_shuts_down_Harlandal e_HS_today.html

GrandeDavid
04-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Yeah, this swine flu is really something. Mexico is under a trial of fire now. Only God in the cause. Hopefully this doesn't become a pandemic in America, Europe, even Brazil. So far its not in Brazil.

Avitus1
04-28-2009, 10:12 AM
While we are at it lets give the city a curfew, and close off from the rest of the world.

chrisattsu
04-28-2009, 10:18 AM

Maybe not, but they have been diagnosed in Guadalupe Co. How many people come to the games from Schertz, Cibolo, UC, or Seguin?

TDMVPDPOY
04-28-2009, 10:18 AM
see ppl, swallow next time instead of spitting :D

ploto
04-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Do you expect them to cancel every public gathering?

PDXSpursFan
04-28-2009, 11:10 AM

Until Tim and Manu recover :hat :toast

EVAY
04-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Maybe they could hand out those little masks for people to wear at the game and have little spurs logos on them. lol.

Seriously, the masks don't do any good according to the news last night. So what are you gonna do? We plan to bring lots of little purell bottles and not french kiss any strangers.

Spursmania
04-28-2009, 02:41 PM
That's really interesting, because I can't find a link to that story at mysa.com, which had an article posted at 1AM this morning about Harlandale HS being shut down for a day because of some threat someone phoned in.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Threat_against_students_staff_shuts_down_Harlandal e_HS_today.html

I just googled San Antonio swine flu cases and it popped up. I don't know how to link articles.
I need to try to figure that out.:lol