PDA

View Full Version : First round predictions (west)

Rogue
04-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Hornets (7) - Nuggets (2)

Theoretically the door to the second round still has a slim crevice left for the Hornets, but there is almost zero realistic possbility for them to get in before the lock. 1-3 is not irreversible but the vacancy of confidence can not be patched, at least not in this series. The 58pt blow-out has already totally destoryed the Hornets mentally I think, so the game 4 of this series will be a easeful run for both teams. Maybe the sense of honor will motivate the Hornets to make the final struggle, but I still can't find any chance the Hornets can beat their opponent in Denver, I fathom the Hornets won't be demolished again though.

Nuggets in 5.

Mavs (6) - Spurs (4)

With the deepest respect for the Spurs team, I think they are a great team that you can hardly find another one as great around today's NBA. Spurs have been fighting hard in this series and earned respects from both Mavs fans and their own supporters. Even though Manu's injury almost broke the axis of this old wagon right before the postseason began, the other two axial players together with their fellows still worked their guts off trying to drag the spurs as far as possible. In fact, the spurs would have tied this series at 2-2 rather than down 1-3, had the spurs continued their awesome performances through the last 3 quarters of game 1. Anyway, the spurs are a respectable rival to our boys in blue and I expect the Mavs will lose game 5 at at&t to give spurs fans the last enjoyment of this disappointing season. Heroically the Spurs keep fighting till game 6, and the fans in american airline center will definitely give a big round of applause to the spurs when the buzzer ends this entire series at 4-2, even though the spurs are a life-long rival to their beloved boys in blue.

Mavs in 6

Rockets (5) - Blazers (4)

Like the case of the spurs, the Blazers would also have tied the series at 2-2 if they hadn't lost game one to the rockets. However, it's still too early for Blazers fans to mourn about their lose because this series is way far from over even though they are down 1-3. This series still has a big uncertainty, which makes it almost unpredictable. Although the Blazers are at the precipice of exit, the steelyard is still precisely horizontal. Game 5 in Portland is very likely to be a locked win for the Blazers, the only real chanllenge left for this young team is just game 6 in Houston, which is bound to be a crossing of this series. The Rockets will troop to the second round proudly if they win that game. Whereas if they lose that game, the flight and tour routes will get the privilege to run into the minds of rockets staffs. But I still think the rockets will make the second round, the 12 years' waiting has made them more eager than we can imagine. For yao's sake, I would like the rockets to win it at least.

Rockets in 6

Believe.