PDA

View Full Version : I think this offseason may be wild...

pauls931
04-28-2009, 09:12 AM
There seems to be a lot of teams that should be good, but sucked this year.

1. Phoenix. (thanks porter/sarver/Kerr)
2. Utah (injuries)
3. NO (last year a fluke?)
4. Spurs (purely due to injuries)
5. Golden State (reaching here, but ellis out messed them up)
6. Dallas

edit... Added Dallas since they underperformed for most of the season.

Especially with the top 3, I think there's some potential for some blockbuster trades. Now I don't keep close track of contract/money so maybe more knowledgeable people can chime in. But I think some serious shit is going to go down this offseason.

stretch
04-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Shaq will be a Maverick

pauls931
04-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Shaq will be a Maverick

Who knows... Dallas probably would be #6 on my list, but they seem to be doing better at the end of the season. Honestly, their late season push surprised me.

jack sommerset
04-28-2009, 09:30 AM
They say alot of teams are waiting for the 2010 free agents so this may be one of the dullest off seasons.

pauls931
04-28-2009, 09:32 AM
They say alot of teams are waiting for the 2010 free agents so this may be one of the dullest off seasons.

I heard that too, but I'm not sure if there's time for Pho/Spurs, nor patience for NO/UT... Anyway, everyone knows lebron is going to NY in 2010...

jacobdrj
04-28-2009, 09:36 AM
I would imagine there will be trades, but few signings. That might make it interesting with all the cap-space going around. Not to mention the 2010 expiring contracts will be like gold. A team on the cusp could totally take advantage of the 2010 hype and make out like a bandit... (Come on Joe, COME ON!)

stretch
04-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Honestly, their late season push surprised me.

It suprized me too. I honestly can't remember the last time that they went into the post-season on a good streak. Probably 2005, when Avery took over for Nellie. Since then, they have constantly finished the season on a rather low note, even the year they went to the finals (fortunately they got to face off with Dirk's bitch in the first round, and facerape the Grizzlies to gain momentum going into the San Antonio series)

endrity
04-28-2009, 09:58 AM
This offseason will be interesting. With teams trying to create space for 2010 and with the way the economy is, many teams will offload contracts like the Hornets tried to with Chandler. I wouldn't be surprised to see some rich, big market team do a complete tranformation like the Celtics did in 08. I know Cuban has spoken about the fact, and how next season will be one where a lot of big moves will be possible. I think it's the smart thing to do as well. LBJ is staying put with the team Cleveland has built around him. So is Wade. Maybe Bosh comes but I am not that big of a fan of him. It will be wiser to look for team that are trying to offload contracts and get a big name like that. Who knows, with the way Utah and NO are right now, maybe CP3 and Deron might be available.

dirk4mvp
04-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Anthony Randolph will be a Maverick.

sribb43
04-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Damp and Stack will not be Mavs next year and will bring back a significant piece in return

I fear with J-Ho's recent return to 2006 that the Mavs front office will decide to keep him

monosylab1k
04-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Anthony Randolph will be a Maverick.

:lobt2:

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-28-2009, 12:00 PM
1. Phoenix. (thanks porter/sarver/Kerr)

Yeah Porter, how dare you tell Nash and Amare to play defense and hold them accountable on that side of the court.....god what an asshole of a coach makes his players play defense.

Trainwreck2100
04-28-2009, 12:03 PM
well pho prob still would have made the playoffs if not for Amare's injury

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-28-2009, 12:10 PM
well pho prob still would have made the playoffs if not for Amare's injury

Even if you're right....sweet, they make the playoffs and get nutted on by Denver/SA/LA in the first round.

IF ONLY tardemire didn't take his mom's crack and poor it in his eye!!! The Suns would have made the first round and lost!!!! IF ONLY!!!

pauls931
04-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Yeah Porter, how dare you tell Nash and Amare to play defense and hold them accountable on that side of the court.....god what an asshole of a coach makes his players play defense.

Jesus dude, just let it go would you?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Jesus dude, just let it go would you?

Let what go? The fact I have to watch Kerr give Nash a 3 year extension because idiot Nash T-baggers love watching him dominate crappy teams and suck against good teams so much and consequently watch another 3 years of this trash?

I know you're content with run and suck regular season gimmick ball but the fans who want the Suns to win a championship aren't.

Don't tell me to let it go when morons like you are still blaming Porter for the Suns suckage months after he was fired, when the players never gave him a chance to begin with. Just accept the fact the team isn't very good and your two favorite players don't care about winning and stop pretending there's a simple solution to the problem like firing Porter.

Basketballgirl25
04-28-2009, 03:35 PM
I just hope Brook Lopez, Devin Harris, and the young players on the Nets get better and that Nets don't trade Carter just to trade him. I'll be happy with that since we are rebuilding.