* Loose Cannons
* Lunch Money

monosylab1k
04-28-2009, 09:48 AM
* Pearl Jam
* Dave Matthews Band

* Beastie Boys

yuck, yuck, and yuck.

I'll go for Mos Def, STS9, & Toadies tho. Actually there's a lot of good stuff, it's just the headliners that suck.

Dr. Gonzo
04-28-2009, 09:49 AM
The Toadies suck.

ATRAIN
04-28-2009, 09:51 AM
yuck, yuck, and yuck.

I'll go for Mos Def, STS9, & Toadies tho. Actually there's a lot of good stuff, it's just the headliners that suck.

I have been wanting to see Mos Def for a while now. Pisses me off that I have missed him and Taleb a few times.

JudynTX
04-28-2009, 09:51 AM
I only know 3 bands from that list.

ATRAIN
04-28-2009, 09:52 AM
The Toadies suck.

Those fuckers play 2 shows a year here and 101x plays the shit out of them.

ATRAIN
04-28-2009, 09:55 AM
I only know 3 bands from that list.

LOL really?

JudynTX
04-28-2009, 09:57 AM
LOL really?

:p:

Pearl Jam
* Dave Matthews Band

* Beastie Boys

:lol That's it. But yea, I'd go just to see Pearl Jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATRAIN
04-28-2009, 10:01 AM
:p:

Pearl Jam
* Dave Matthews Band

* Beastie Boys

:lol That's it. But yea, I'd go just to see Pearl Jam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PJ hasnt made a Texas stop in a while.

JudynTX
04-28-2009, 10:03 AM
PJ hasnt made a Texas stop in a while.

:tu Are you an Alice in Chains fan too? (Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread :lol)

ATRAIN
04-28-2009, 10:09 AM
:tu Are you an Alice in Chains fan too? (Sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread :lol)

I used to be big into Chains when I was in high school. Jar of Flies is still one of my fav albums of all time.

JudynTX
04-28-2009, 10:13 AM
I used to be big into Chains when I was in high school. Jar of Flies is still one of my fav albums of all time.

Well they are back in the studio. :tu

Alice In Chains have signed with Virgin/EMI and will release their first album with new singer William DuVall, the Los Angeles Times reports. The still-untitled record is due out in mid-September. The LP will be the great grunge band’s first of new material since 1995’s Alice In Chains, which featured singer Layne Staley, who died of a drug overdose in 2002. DuVall, who previously fronted the band Comes With the Fall, became Alice in Chains’ new lead singer in 2005.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/04/27/alice-in-chains-new-album-due-in-september-on-virginemi/

peewee's lovechild
04-28-2009, 10:14 AM
* Pearl Jam
* Dave Matthews Band

* Kings of Leon
* Ben Harper and Relentless7
* Thievery Corporation
* John Legend
* The Levon Helm Band

* Flogging Molly

* The Decemberists

* The Greencards

* Lisa Hannigan

I'd go to see all those.

I wonder what kind of music Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band plays. I'm guessing Ska or some kind of swing-like hybrid.

CuckingFunt
04-28-2009, 10:16 AM
The Toadies suck.

Agreed. "Possum Kingdom" is one of my favorite songs, but it's the only of theirs I can even tolerate.

ATRAIN
04-28-2009, 10:16 AM

Alice In Chains have signed with Virgin/EMI and will release their first album with new singer William DuVall, the Los Angeles Times reports. The still-untitled record is due out in mid-September. The LP will be the great grunge band’s first of new material since 1995’s Alice In Chains, which featured singer Layne Staley, who died of a drug overdose in 2002. DuVall, who previously fronted the band Comes With the Fall, became Alice in Chains’ new lead singer in 2005.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/04/27/alice-in-chains-new-album-due-in-september-on-virginemi/

Man I dont know about that. I guess ill check it out without Layne?

ATRAIN
04-28-2009, 10:17 AM
I'd go to see all those.

I wonder what kind of music Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band plays. I'm guessing Ska or some kind of swing-like hybrid.

I just want to see Ben Harper and Kings of Leon. I have already seen DMB and Pearl jam a few times but of course I would love to see them again.

JudynTX
04-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Man I dont know about that. I guess ill check it out without Layne?

:( Of course they won't be the same, but the rest of the band is the same. I'm looking forward to hearing the new stuff.

CuckingFunt
04-28-2009, 10:21 AM
* Dave Matthews Band

* Beastie Boys
* Kings of Leon
* Ben Harper and Relentless7

* John Legend

* Sonic Youth
* Mos Def

* The B-52s
* Lily Allen

* The Decemberists

* Medeski, Martin & Wood

* Michael Franti & Spearhead

* Eek-A-Mouse

* The Raveonettes

* The Greencards

* Rebirth Brass Band

* Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band

These would all appeal to me. I have no idea who Rebirth or Reverend Peyton's are, but the names alone would probably be enough to pique my interest.

leemajors
04-28-2009, 10:21 AM
i would only want to see about three bands on that list. ugh i hate ACL week, maybe i should take vacation then.

Thunder Dan
04-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Dan Auerbach is awesome, I would check him out. He is the lead singer of the Black Keys

Dex
04-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Meh. Lalapalooza's is better.

http://2009.lollapalooza.com/

mrsmaalox
04-28-2009, 11:31 AM
* The Levon Helm Band

* The B-52s

* Asleep at the Wheel
* Raul Malo

* Marva Wright

All classics. I hear Levon Helm has Donald Fagen standing in on occasion, what a double whammy that would be!! And I saw Marva Wright do a show with my all-time favorite R&B singer, Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings (before they played with Amy Winehouse) that was purely amazing...

monosylab1k
04-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Girl Talk will be fun to see too.

EricB
04-28-2009, 01:03 PM
When does this go on?!

Cry Havoc
04-28-2009, 01:18 PM
!!! (pronounced, check check check) puts on a fun show. I'd recommend seeing it.

Strike
04-28-2009, 01:22 PM

Not the same without Layne.

I have a hard time sticking with a band when they change the frontman. I prefer Bon Scott over Brian Johnson(AC/DC), Diamond Dave over Sammy Hagar/Gary Cherone(Van Halen), Vince Neil over John Corabi(Mötley Crüe), and Sebastian Bach over Johnny Solinger(Skid Row). The only exception I can think of right now is Iron Maiden. I prefer Bruce Dickinson over Paul Di'Anno.

I know Layne Staley is dead so bringing him back as the singer of AIC is impossible, I just don't think I'd like to hear Alice In Chains without Layne. But I'll give it a listen and see what I think.

Destro
04-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Great line up for Lalapolooza 1995

leemajors
04-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Not the same without Layne.

I have a hard time sticking with a band when they change the frontman. I prefer Bon Scott over Brian Johnson(AC/DC), Diamond Dave over Sammy Hagar/Gary Cherone(Van Halen), Vince Neil over John Corabi(Mötley Crüe), and Sebastian Bach over Johnny Solinger(Skid Row). The only exception I can think of right now is Iron Maiden. I prefer Bruce Dickinson over Paul Di'Anno.

I know Layne Staley is dead so bringing him back as the singer of AIC is impossible, I just don't think I'd like to hear Alice In Chains without Layne. But I'll give it a listen and see what I think.

I just don't think they should use the same name in this particular case.

ChumpDumper
04-28-2009, 04:09 PM
* The Levon Helm Band
* Ghostland Observatory
* Sonic Youth
* The B-52s
* Medeski, Martin & Wood
* Asleep at the Wheel
* Robyn Hitchcock and the Venus 3
* Rebirth Brass BandAlmost enough to get me to go.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Buckwheat does a good job.

nomanches
04-28-2009, 04:17 PM
I love Dr. Dog. They are a mix between the Beatles and Beach Boys with a hint of The Band.

Thunder Dan
04-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Dr. Dog is sweet, and so are the Black Keys. I don't get why either aren't big

nomanches
04-28-2009, 04:55 PM
I don't get why either aren't big

I wonder the same thing. Dr. Dog's albums get better after each listen. Really talented musicians.

td4mvp21
04-28-2009, 05:28 PM
* Ghostland Observatory
* Flogging Molly
* Citizen Cope
* Arctic Monkeys
* The Decemberists
* Coheed and Cambria
* Phoenix
* Passion Pit
* DeVotchka

:tu :tu :tu

Winehole23
04-28-2009, 06:57 PM
These would all appeal to me. I have no idea who Rebirth or Reverend Peyton's are, but the names alone would probably be enough to pique my interest.They played for my boss's birthday last fall. They're from the Crescent City, and they rip.

CuckingFunt
04-28-2009, 09:25 PM
They played for my boss's birthday last fall. They're from the Crescent City, and they rip.

From New Orleans? I think I've actually seen them at a jazz festival, then. Could be why the name stood out.

spursfor5
04-29-2009, 12:08 AM
I bought my ticket today and am pretty pumped about it. I've heard a bit from Rebirth and they are awesome. It'll be my first time at ACL, any recommendations?

Destro
04-29-2009, 01:03 AM
any recommendations?

Make a list of your must see bands and prioritize your schedule around them. You cant see everything so find a time when you can take a break in the shade and have your meal. It gets really hot and by the dusk of day 2 you get worn out so don't try to see everything. Bring a hat, cover your body from the sun and stay hydrated.

If you drink go for two seperate buzzes a day rather than one long one. Get buzzed in the afternoon, then rest and have a meal. Cool off then start drinking again at night. If you drink all day you won't get a good buzz, its too hot and you just get dehydrated.