PDA

View Full Version : Injuries are the real problem

gospursgojas
03-22-2005, 05:32 PM
I know to most I maybe stating the obvious, but I have been reading some of the stuff posted and it seems everyone is coming up with excuses for our losses that have been there all season. Barry can't hit his shots, we need another big man, we need another All-Star. Barry hasn't been shooting well all season, we haven't had a decent big man all year, and we have only had two all stars all season. And even with those "problems" we were on pace to having our best season record ever, until injuries came up.

BTW just to back up Barry and Rasho. Brent brings more to the game than his shooting he knows how to run the offense, pass and he has one of the highest basketball IQ's on the team. And what Rasho does that is so great and doesnt make the box score is affect the scorers shots.

SO point is that the Spurs have been bitten by the injury bug and that is the main reason for their sub-par game performances latley.

IceColdBrewski
03-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Not buyin it. Injuries don't explain why the Spurs gave up in the 4th quarter last night when there was still time to win.

T Park
03-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Maybe tired from a backto back after a tough game against Detroit??

But Im sure Brewski, you the well trained athlete, will tell us how you could do it, or its a BS excuse.

Dex
03-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Tim Duncan was not in the building during that fourth quarter. Manu Ginobili played only what...2 or 3 minutes early?

Do you think that quarter would've been the same if both of those guys had been on the court?

Not trying to excuse the guy's breakdown last night (This team, even without Tim, should be able to compete with the Knicks), but you can't deny that injuries don't factor in as a large variable in this rather dire equation.

td4mvp21
03-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Yeah we have been bitten pretty bad by it. Last night was tough because of a back-to-back, and we just have to realize that we arent gonna win alot without Tim. Hopefully we will be able to win the title without home court, but to me, this doesn't seem like their year. Just too many things are going wrong when things should usually be clicking. I hope I'm wrong though. BTW, I havent been thinking this just because Tim got injured. Its been for a while.