PDA

View Full Version : Silva Vs Griffin @ 205

Evan
04-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White made good on his promise to land a significant fight for suddenly under siege middleweight champion Anderson Silva, telling Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday that he had signed a deal for Silva to face ex-light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin in the co-main event of UFC 101 in Philadelphia on Aug. 2.

desflood
04-28-2009, 03:56 PM
You beat me to it :lol

Interesting fight. Anderson's got the knockout power Forrest lacks, but Forrest has a BIG size advantage and is very well-rounded.

Evan
04-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Forrest can take a beating like nobody else in MMA...He's the American version of Big Nog

LEONARD
04-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Silva will pick him apart...

Evan
04-28-2009, 04:11 PM

Forrest is the constant under dog. Nobody ever believes in him and the guy keeps proving everyone wrong. Silva is insanely talented and but he doesn't have any heart right now.

LEONARD
04-28-2009, 04:23 PM
I think Silva is just really bored at MW...and maybe pissed at Dana about something... :lol

Silva will be around 215 lbs and Forrest will be about 225 lbs...awesome fight...

djohn14
04-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Beat me to it too.....Im pumped...Still tho, Anderson all the way.

Evan
04-28-2009, 04:38 PM
If Silva is so unprofessional that he is taking out anger at Dana in the ring than Silva can go f*ck himself and grow up.

LEONARD
04-28-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't really think that is the case...just a conspiracy theory of mine...lol

cornbread
04-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Fooookin A! This is going to be good.

oligarchy
04-28-2009, 06:02 PM
another loss for forrest.

dbreiden83080
04-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Great, Great fight not easy to pick,

Go Forrest!!!

dbreiden83080
04-28-2009, 07:06 PM
If Silva is so unprofessional that he is taking out anger at Dana in the ring than Silva can go f*ck himself and grow up.

His attitude basically sucks lately, Forrest i hope wins this and drops him down a peg..

djohn14
04-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Evan...do you have some sort of beef with Anderson?

dbreiden83080
04-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Forrest is the constant under dog. Nobody ever believes in him and the guy keeps proving everyone wrong. Silva is insanely talented and but he doesn't have any heart right now.

People counting him out against Silva are nuts. He hasn't looked great lately.. Forrest was picking Rashad apart, before he broke his hand and got caught. The guy is a great fighter. It's funny for a guy that won a 5 rd war with Page and took out Shogun, he may be yet again a big underdog, against a guy who has never really fought at this weight.. Should be good..

Evan
04-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Evan...do you have some sort of beef with Anderson?

Not at all. I have been a huge supporter of his for a long time. I just think he has temporarily lost his fire which happens to a lot of athletes from time to time.

Evan
04-28-2009, 09:25 PM
People counting him out against Silva are nuts. He hasn't looked great lately.. Forrest was picking Rashad apart, before he broke his hand and got caught. The guy is a great fighter. It's funny for a guy that won a 5 rd war with Page and took out Shogun, he may be yet again a big underdog, against a guy who has never really fought at this weight.. Should be good..

Why people constantly discount Forrest is beyond me. Its mindless prejudice because he was on TUF IMO even though most would never admit it. If you about it the road through TUF is pretty f*cking hard. Thats a huge mental and physical grind for 6 weeks. The stupid ass antics that happen in the house all too often take away the shine of what these winners go through. Forrest is a elite LHW in the toughest division in MMA. Thats incredible and I just want to bang my head against the wall when people go out of their way to take anything away they can simply because someone was on that show...its senseless.

Evan
04-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I guess I need to step off my soap box now...

polandprzem
04-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Well, Silva was over 230 pounds when he was prepering himself to fight Irvin, so there is not much of a diference to him in weight changing.

Forrest will be back after a long time and it's important fight.

wow, can't wait for the stategy Forest will bring to the fight.

desflood
04-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Of course he will. Just like Shogun will submit him, right? Or like Rampage will knock him out, right?

WHEN are people going to give Forrest some credit?

ATRAIN
04-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Of course he will. Just like Shogun will submit him, right? Or like Rampage will knock him out, right?

WHEN are people going to give Forrest some credit?

I give him credit but I just think Silva is that damn good. He basically embarrassed the guy that beat Forrest so I am going to say it, there is NO WAY Forest wins this. Anyone wanna make a bet?

desflood
04-29-2009, 11:23 AM
I hope you don't mean Jeremy Horn? If so, I'd like to point out that Horn beat Forrest back in 2003. It was like Forrest's third or fourth career fight. I'd also like to point out that Forrest was doing well against Jeremy right up until the KO.

ATRAIN
04-29-2009, 11:26 AM
I hope you don't mean Jeremy Horn? If so, I'd like to point out that Horn beat Forrest back in 2003. It was like Forrest's third or fourth career fight. I'd also like to point out that Forrest was doing well against Jeremy right up until the KO.

Wait I made a mistake, for some reason I was thinking Forest lost to shogun. My bad....either way Silva will embarrass Forest.

dbreiden83080
04-29-2009, 11:29 AM
I give him credit but I just think Silva is that damn good. He basically embarrassed the guy that beat Forrest so I am going to say it, there is NO WAY Forest wins this. Anyone wanna make a bet?

A-Train Silva looke horrible against Cote. He may have been playing with him but he still looked bad. And who has Silva ever beat in this weight class that is elite?? I'm beginning to wonder if Silva has head on retirement and boxing Roy Jones to the extent it is messing with his training and performances. One can say "Well this fight will fire him up" and it probably will but Forrest is one tough SOB!!

dbreiden83080
04-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Wait I made a mistake, for some reason I was thinking Forest lost to shogun. My bad....either way Silva will embarrass Forest.

Anderson never fought Shogun...

ATRAIN
04-29-2009, 11:36 AM
A-Train Silva looke horrible against Cote. He may have been playing with him but he still looked bad. And who has Silva ever beat in this weight class that is elite?? I'm beginning to wonder if Silva has head on retirement and boxing Roy Jones to the extent it is messing with his training and performances. One can say "Well this fight will fire him up" and it probably will but Forrest is one tough SOB!!

He knows he looked terrible against Cote and he wanted to show that against Leites, but Leites was fighting like a bitch and kept falling to his back. Silva looked like he was toying with him. Yes Silva hasnt smashed up the guys his last 2 fights but agaistn Leites he didnt get a chance cause whenver he was about to start up some offense Leites crawled up in little ball in the corner. I am not discounting Forest at all as far as his skill level, I just dont think he is anywhere near Silva's level at this point in their careers.

ATRAIN
04-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Anderson never fought Shogun...

Yeah I know im confused today. For some reason I was thinking Shogun instead of Leites. I guess cause they both fought on the same card.

Evan
04-29-2009, 11:51 AM
I think Silva will win but again...why people continue to knock Forrest and make excuses for his wins are beyond me.

ATRAIN
04-29-2009, 11:55 AM
I think Silva will win but again...why people continue to knock Forrest and make excuses for his wins are beyond me.

I dont knock Forrest and I have never made excuses for his wins. He did his homework against Rampage for sure, he looked great in that fight. Shad I had a feeling he was going to lose and I picked Shad to win. Do I think shad is a better fighter. No, I just dont think Forest prepared the same way he did for Jackson. Maybe he will go into the Silva fight having done his homework again, then he can shock the world but I dont see that happening. I think both fighters have something to prove at this point.

Evan
04-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Atrain I am kind of making general statements based on other sites and forums. My comments aren't specifically directed at you. You know your thing and you explain yourself.

ATRAIN
04-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Atrain I am kind of making general statements based on other sites and forums. My comments aren't specifically directed at you. You know your thing and you explain yourself.

:) yeah I know im just making my point. I like both fighters and would like to see Forest make another title run. I would like to see Silva dominate the way he has in the past. I hope its a barnburner when the two lock up. Hell Maybe a loss is what Silva needs right now. Either way Brock would crush both of them at the same time :rollin :downspin:

desflood
04-29-2009, 12:40 PM
I just dont think he is anywhere near Silva's level at this point in their careers.
Again, something everyone said before he fought Shogun and Rampage. I know it's early, but I'm giving him my underdog pick once again. Although, we'll have to wait until the odds come out before we know whether he's even considered an underdog.

ATRAIN
04-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Once again, something everyone said before he fought Shogun and Rampage. I know it's early, but I'm giving him my underdog pick once again. Although, we'll have to wait until the odds come out before we know whether he's even considered an underdog.

Guess ill be up one more in our predictions ;)

desflood
04-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah - good luck with that :lol

desflood
04-29-2009, 01:24 PM
DA1ZTkU8FbI

:lmao "We were going to bribe him to stay at 185."

angelbelow
04-29-2009, 09:33 PM
tight!