PDA

View Full Version : The Pop Show Audio

Kori Ellis
03-22-2005, 06:17 PM
http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/audio/pop3-22part1.mp3

Kori Ellis
03-22-2005, 06:37 PM
This is a good Pop Show with a lot of info.

Here's the second half early for you guys. In the second part Pop talks extensively about Barry and seems disappointed as most fans are :( Pop also said that the reason Malik was traded has nothing to do with players, but just had to do with his contract.

http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/audio/pop3-22part2.mp3

Kori Ellis
03-22-2005, 06:38 PM
He also addresses the question about Duncan's shoes, talks about Devin's back :( and a variety of other things.

whottt
03-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Malik was traded has nothing to do with players, but just had to do with his contract.

90% of the forum just got owned.

Solid D
03-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Pop is a little in denial mode, though. Defense wasn't that great the past two games, but part of it may have to do with experience in the system (Nazr, in particular).

Solid D
03-22-2005, 06:45 PM
90% of the forum just got owned.

"It was the right thing to do. Given what we need on the team size-wise for playoffs and given the future financially, it was something that had to be done for the good of the club." - Gregg Popovich

Who was owned?

Kori Ellis
03-22-2005, 06:46 PM
SolidD .. he also says very specifically in Part 2 that it didn't have to do with other players that it was about getting rid of the contract.

MannyIsGod
03-22-2005, 06:54 PM
We need to start getting transcripts for those bandwidth challenged posters like myself.

Kori Ellis
03-22-2005, 06:55 PM
We need to start getting transcripts for those bandwidth challenged posters like myself.

It's audio; you can't just click and listen? If not, you should at least be able to "Save as" and then listen to it -- even on your cheesy dial-up. :)

Solid D
03-22-2005, 07:06 PM
For Manny or others...

In part two, Pop was asked if the Malik Rose trade happened because of Rasho Nesterovic not playing up to his capabilities.

Pop responded: "It had nothing to do with other players (Rasho) or anything like that, you know the bottom line is Malik's contract basically got him traded. It was just something we had to get out from under. Malik's known that for a long time. So, he's seen it coming, it wasn't a surprise."

Two reasons cited by Pop in the show. More size for the playoffs and Malik's contract.

Translation: Reason for "a" trade was Malik's contract. Reason for "that" trade was more size for the playoffs.

Did anyone else hear it differently?

Kori Ellis
03-22-2005, 07:09 PM
SolidD, that's how I understood it basically.

I understood that Pop said/meant they traded Malik because of his contract.

In making that trade, they got size back which they expect to help them in the playoffs.

whottt
03-22-2005, 07:39 PM
Translation: Holt wanted Malik's contract off the books and the Spurs are happy they got a player as good as Mohammed under the circumstances...and they pulled the trigger now because someone else will offer the Knicks a better deal for him in the offseason or they might not be able to move Malik...again. And Mohammed is a project that is not going to bear as much fruit this season as having Malik Rose would have...

Saving $$$>title

And that's the truth.

And Pop saying it was for financial reasons is quite revealing if you think about it. That's the first time he said it that way...I think he was smarting from last nights loss and was letting us know which direction to look in if this trade ends up costing us. Kinda like he did when Tony almost went unsigned.

san antonio spurs
03-22-2005, 07:45 PM
Translation: Holt wanted Malik's contract off the books and the Spurs are happy they got a player as good as Mohammed under the circumstances...and they pulled the trigger now because someone else will offer the Knicks a better deal for him in the offseason or they might not be able to move Malik...again. And Mohammed is a project that is not going to bear as much fruit this season as having Malik Rose would have...

Saving $$$>title

And that's the truth.

And Pop saying it was for financial reasons is quite revealing if you think about it. That's the first time he said it that way...I think he was smarting from last nights loss and was letting us know which direction to look in if this trade ends up costing us. Kinda like he did when Tony almost went unsigned.
ok,now I want to know if u love malik that much or just hate pop and Holt.
it will help me to read ur posts.
cuz there is a flagrant lack of objectiveness
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

IceColdBrewski
03-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Not sure what the big shocker is. They've been trying to unload his contract for years. This is hardly earth shattering news.

IMO, The trade was 50% contract related. 25% was due to Rasho sucking and needing a halfway decent big man. And the other 25% was due to the fact than he couldn't manage to keep himself out of the doghouse long enough to help the team out on a consistent basis.

All things considered, It was the right move.

whottt
03-22-2005, 07:52 PM
ok,now I want to know if u love malik that much or just hate pop and Holt.
it will help me to read ur posts.
cuz there is a flagrant lack of objectiveness

I think the lack of objectivity is on the side of those who never want to question anything the Spurs do and act like they never make mistakes...

I loved Malik Rose but did you see me complaing when Horry got minutes ahead of him? Only when it was a situation that Malik was better suited for(like guarding Shaq)...I am not a bigger fan of Malik Rose than I am of winning a title and if I really thought our chances would be improved I wouldn't be upset about this trade... and I don't hate Pop or Holt.

By the way...allow me to point to you to the guys who lack objectivity...you'll find them in the Nazr camp claiming he has a jumpshot, is a shotblocker, has good hands, and isn't foul prone...And oh yeah...they like to pretend Malik sucked totally for the past 2 seasons.

kskonn
03-23-2005, 01:33 AM
Was it someone from this forum who brought up the shoes? come on who was it?

alamo50
03-24-2005, 05:42 AM
Seriously!
Kick Don out of the freakin' show!
He starts talking about him again!!!!!

What about that shoe question.
Could you hear Don say "Oh boy"?
Pop answered the question and basicaly told Don to STFU and he was happy that people were interested enough to ask about stuff like this.

GO AWAY DON!!!!!

:flipoff