PDA

View Full Version : Rest Easy Spurs Fans...

LEONARD
04-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Easy W tonight. The Spurs will just go out and beat a team they're supposed to beat. As I said before, the Spurs have this series wrapped up already. They just need to go out and go through the motions for the last three games. The Spurs know they just need to go out there, make some shots, grab some rebounds, and take care of business. Nothing surprising about tonight's Spurs win.

:downspin:

*jinxed*

LEONARD
04-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Thanks again, Jeff... :fro

kace
04-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Easy W for the Mavs in next round against Denver.

LEONARD
04-29-2009, 08:37 AM
You're not Jeff...

but the Mavs won't beat Denver regardless of what the official jinx'r posts...

MadGymSkillz
04-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Then I guess settling for a first round win is good enough for you, congrats!

TheChillFactor
04-29-2009, 08:41 AM
congrats on winning your version of the nba title dallas.

mavericks = the world's tallest midgets.

Rogue
04-29-2009, 08:42 AM
no team considers first round win a big accomplishment except the Rockets, beating the spurs means our boys in blue have already wiped the most dangerous opponent out of our way to winning the championship.

MadGymSkillz
04-29-2009, 08:45 AM
no team considers first round win a big accomplishment except the Rockets, beating the spurs means our boys in blue have already wiped the most dangerous opponent out of our way to winning the championship.

That was true for the Mavs in 2006, not this year. But a series win none the less.

LEONARD
04-29-2009, 08:46 AM

Absolutely it is...

3-4 wks ago the Mavs were just trying to get in the playoffs, with a 1st rd sweep by the Lakers or Nuggets as their most likely prize. To get the Spurs in the 1st rd, win 4 of 5, AND close it in SA is priceless.

This season = success, as far as I'm concerned...

see above

TheChillFactor
04-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Absolutely it is...

3-4 wks ago the Mavs were just trying to get in the playoffs, with a 1st rd sweep by the Lakers or Nuggets as their most likely prize. To get the Spurs in the 1st rd, win 4 of 5, AND close it in SA is priceless.

This season = success, as far as I'm concerned...

and that's the difference between our teams. you're happy to get out of the first round lmao.

when are you having the parade?

LEONARD
04-29-2009, 09:03 AM
and that's the difference between our teams. you're happy to get out of the first round lmao.

Given the team we have this season, yes...I'm very happy. And the fact that it was the Spurs is the icing on the cake...

dmac
04-29-2009, 09:03 AM

looks like they already had it.

http://www.edgedallas.com/index.php?ch=pride&sc=&sc2=photoalbum&id=80741

LEONARD
04-29-2009, 09:07 AM
looks like they already had it.

http://www.edgedallas.com/index.php?ch=pride&sc=&sc2=photoalbum&id=80741

June 20th...mark it down
http://www.gaypridesa.org/PARADE.html

JoseJuanJesusBarea
04-29-2009, 09:13 AM

Both of these teams are on the decline. Looks like the Spurs decline is a lot more rapid and a lot uglier than the Mavs. Either way, yeah, when you see your team start the season 2-7, battle injuries all year and fight just to make the playoffs and then upset the Spurs of all teams, your biggest rival, that's a success. Neither of these teams are good enough to win a championship.

MadGymSkillz
04-29-2009, 09:20 AM
If the Spurs decline comes with 4 NBA titles then I guess thats something a fan can be thankful for. When your Mavs team is just two seasons removed from a Finals appearance and is cheering a first round victory then it shows the different ways our teams and fans measure success.

JoseJuanJesusBarea
04-29-2009, 09:23 AM
If the Spurs decline comes with 4 NBA titles then I guess thats something a fan can be thankful for. When your Mavs team is just two seasons removed from a Finals appearance and is cheering a first round victory then it shows the different ways our teams and fans measure success.

No one said anything about the team. The team isn't happy with a 2nd round birth. The fans are. Your team is headed there, get used to it.

TheChillFactor
04-29-2009, 09:28 AM
No one said anything about the team. The team isn't happy with a 2nd round birth. The fans are. Your team is headed there, get used to it.

yeah, we're used to it, but when we lose we wipe our tears away with 4 Larry O'Briens and you wipe yours away with JJ Barea's jock strap.

JoseJuanJesusBarea
04-29-2009, 09:32 AM
yeah, we're used to it, but when we lose we wipe our tears away with 4 Larry O'Briens and you wipe yours away with JJ Barea's jock strap.

Couldn't be happier for you.

LEONARD
04-29-2009, 09:39 AM
4 rings mother fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheChillFactor
04-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Couldn't be happier for you.

likewise - I'm so happy for the Mavericks and their wonderful accomplishments!

JoseJuanJesusBarea
04-29-2009, 09:57 AM
likewise - I'm so happy for the Mavericks and their wonderful accomplishments!

:huddle:

MadGymSkillz
04-29-2009, 10:22 AM
When its all said and done the Mavs will still be the Mavs and Spurs still the Spurs, but the Spurs will have a division title to show for the season. Unless the Mavs take a page out of the Longhorns book and hang a banner for beating the Spurs in the first round of the 2009 playoffs.

kace
04-29-2009, 10:24 AM
You're not Jeff...

you want to talk to him. PM him and don't bother us with your bs.

but the Mavs won't beat Denver regardless of what the official jinx'r posts
and yes, you're right, the mavs won't beat any healthy team in these PO.

ATRAIN
04-29-2009, 10:31 AM

So that means the mavs have 2 titles now right?:lol

Shank
04-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Such bitter motherfuckers around here. Take the assbeating like a man already. Some others have.

celldweller
04-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Don't make me pull out the trophy card!!!
Oh What the Hell!!
San Antonio Spurs = :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Dallas Mavericks = :depressed

in other words STFU!

sananspursfan21
04-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Such bitter motherfuckers around here. Take the assbeating like a man already. Some others have.

okay

LEONARD
04-29-2009, 11:04 AM

Exactly why last night made me oh so happy...it's all about the Spurs fan...not saying everybody here, but some here, some friends, etc...

and the Mavs just aren't a championship caliber team anymore, so beating the Spurs is the next best thing. It's fairly simple really. But the 4 RINGS! replies will keep rolling in... :lmao

spurtech09
04-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Well like i said before enjoy it while it last cause dallas ain't winning no championship......the mavs might as well fold there cards now ......you know it and we all know it so stop kidding yourself kid.....

LEONARD
04-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Well like i said before enjoy it while it last cause dallas ain't winning no championship......the mavs might as well fold there cards now ......you know it and we all know it so stop kidding yourself kid.....

Who are you referring to as "kid?"

If you're referring to me, I've already stated in this thread that they won't get past the 2nd rd, AND explained what last night was so kickass...