PDA

View Full Version : Time to go idoling.

IceColdBrewski
03-22-2005, 08:24 PM
Kick ass show so far. Even the chubby kid who thinks he's black sounded good.

Simon confirmed what I told my wife over a month ago. Carrie Underwood is the person to beat. She has that girl next door look and sounds awesome whenever she picks a song that really shows off her vocals. All that from a country girl who had no training at all.

Guru of Nothing
03-22-2005, 08:30 PM
I'd cheer for the Eagles before I'd watch American Idol.

IceColdBrewski
03-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Um,.....good for you. I guess.

Call it a guilty pleasure. I got into it because Simon was making fun of all these wannabe singers and making them cry. Thought it was damn hilarious. It just snowballed from there.

Shelly
03-22-2005, 09:04 PM
I had to laugh at Carrie's big '80s hair. I agree...Carrie and Jessica were the best. Mikelah needs to go.
Now.

I. can. not. stand. Constantine.

Shelly
03-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Oh, and Paula had one too many glasses of wine tonight!

I was praying that someone would have done one of her songs.

Guru of Nothing
03-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Hey Brewski, would you be interested in joining the FSP fantasy football league? In fantasy football, even McNabb can play for the champion.

IceColdBrewski
03-22-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey Brewski, would you be interested in joining the FSP fantasy football league? In fantasy football, even McNabb can play for the champion.

How many players? Is it live draft? What's the scoring system?

Any more than 12 players and you can count me out. I participated in a 14 team league once. Never again. Anything more than 12 is too much. Somebody is gonna get screwed out of drafting a stud.

JoeChalupa
03-22-2005, 09:21 PM
I've been know to watch some of the American Idol.
I watched the first few episodes where the wannabe's give it a try.

Are there any hotties still in the competition?

Guru of Nothing
03-22-2005, 09:30 PM
How many players? Is it live draft? What's the scoring system?

Any more than 12 players and you can count me out. I participated in a 14 team league once. Never again. Anything more than 12 is too much. Somebody is gonna get screwed out of drafting a stud.

Please see the FF topic pinned to the top of the forum.

Upon further review, you already declined.

I agree 14-team leagues are tough, but, it's silly to say it guarantees screwing someone out of a stud. Reading fantasy football magazines is the surest way to screw yourself.

IceColdBrewski
03-22-2005, 09:52 PM
I'll join if it's free. I can handle my own in any league but I refuse to pay for any league involving more than 12 teams. Guys get pissed off about not drafting a stud and eventually quit. Then you have 2 or 3 dead teams just floating out there. You know how it goes.

MsMcGillyCutty
03-22-2005, 09:52 PM
I thought it was the bomb. Most of the contestants brought it, especially Scott Savol. I'd get up on that!

Guru of Nothing
03-22-2005, 10:08 PM
I'll join if it's free. I can handle my own in any league but I refuse to pay for any league involving more than 12 teams. Guys get pissed off about not drafting a stud and eventually quit. Then you have 2 or 3 dead teams just floating out there. You know how it goes.

It is not a free league, but, if I may make one last attempt to persuade you, there will be bi-weekly/weekly payouts of $200/100, which ought to keep everyone's interest throughout the season.

Maybe you don't draft a so-called stud in a 14 team league; that just means someone else got left holding the bag with Keven Barlow, and you are stuck with someone like Culpepper.

What can I say? It's a $250 league. If you do your homework, you have a fair chance to win, no matter where you draft.

BTW, my aim is 12 player league. If you promise to join (and pay-in in a timely manner), I'll promise you that it's a 12 team league for this season.

IceColdBrewski
03-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Thanx anyway Guru. But I'm gonna pass.

I'll be starting a free yahoo league if you're interested.

Guru of Nothing
03-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Thanx anyway Guru. But I'm gonna pass.

I'll be starting a free yahoo league if you're interested.

Holler if you need a 12th team.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-22-2005, 11:48 PM
Oh, and Paula had one too many glasses of wine tonight!

I was praying that someone would have done one of her songs.

Do you get the impression she's drunk most of the time too? I've only seen a few episodes of the show the last couple of seasons, but half the time she seems a little tipsy.

I have a sister-in-law who exhibits similar "functional alcoholic" tendencies. She and Paula could be buds.

goliath
03-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Problem with Carrie is that she isnt really a performer. Bo and Nadia have much more of a stage presence. But she has by far the best recording voice and even if she doesnt win she's going to get signed by a country label and sell tons of records. I could see Simon being right and win or lose she could be the best selling idol contestant yet.

Shelly
03-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Do you get the impression she's drunk most of the time too? I've only seen a few episodes of the show the last couple of seasons, but half the time she seems a little tipsy.

I have a sister-in-law who exhibits similar "functional alcoholic" tendencies. She and Paula could be buds.

Yes! I think she's been drunk for several seasons now. She was totally all over Simon last night.

Useruser666
03-23-2005, 10:04 AM
I do not worship a false Idol!

samikeyp
03-23-2005, 11:00 AM
The only part of this show that I watch is the first couple of weeks when they have the rejects. :lol

BTW, I agree with you Ice about the size of leagues. I was in a 16 team league and that was wayyyy too much.

T Park
03-23-2005, 11:57 AM
Im rootin for Niko :)

Jekka
03-23-2005, 12:36 PM
I. can. not. stand. Constantine.

What's this business about him having a "female fanbase"? What is wrong with these girls? He looks like a bad impersonator of that guy who sings for Creed.

MannyIsGod
03-23-2005, 12:37 PM
I don't blame Paula. The only way I could do that show would be drunk sometimes.

Shelly
03-23-2005, 12:45 PM
What's this business about him having a "female fanbase"? What is wrong with these girls? He looks like a bad impersonator of that guy who sings for Creed.

I don't know...There's this yahoo group all about him. He was also on an episode of Elimidate and was in Rent.

My oldest says he looks like he smells. :lol

MannyIsGod
03-23-2005, 12:46 PM
The dude sang a bad bad bad bad song. I hope he gets cut.

Shelly
03-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Jekka!

Just for you... (http://elimidate.warnerbros.com/video/quicktime3.html?v=clipweek25b)

Constantine on Elimdate. Ew.

MannyIsGod
03-23-2005, 01:17 PM
:lmao I thnk Jekka is going to be a new member of the female fan base.

I think I'll buy her a poster for her bedroom

Jekka
03-23-2005, 08:29 PM
:lmao I thnk Jekka is going to be a new member of the female fan base.

I think I'll buy her a poster for her bedroom

Hey, no one that shitty gets to hang next to Tori.

Shelly, he was in Rent? Dear God, why? That's actually a good musical - did he play one of the heroin addicts? Cos I think that's about all the hair is good for. And he does look like he smells. Ew.

Shelly
03-23-2005, 10:12 PM
I've never seen Rent, but what I've gathered online, he played Roger. And what I've read from these boards (http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=800936) no one liked him either!

Watch him whenever the camera is on him and he's not singing. He's constantly nodding his greasy head.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate