PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Race watchers?

IceColdBrewski
03-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Just curious. This is basically the only "show" I look forward to watching anymore. Anyone out there watch this show?

Mr. Ash
03-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Absolutely. Best reality on TV right now - for what that's worth.

MI21
03-22-2005, 10:47 PM
It's shit.

IceColdBrewski
03-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Best reality on TV right now - for what that's worth.

My thoughts exactly. Head and shoulders above anything else out there as far as reality.

Can't help but pull for Rob and Amber. Everbody is gunning for them.

Spurminator
03-22-2005, 11:28 PM
This is the first season I've watched it, and I love it. Say what you want about reality television, but this show makes you want to see the world.

goliath
03-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Rob and Amber are by far the best team in AR history (well at least Rob is).

Rob seems to be the only one who realizes that its a game and a race and will do what it takes to win.

Last week was great when he dropped out of the roadblock and got a 4 hour penalty then turned around and convinced two other teams to drop out too. Then to turn around this week, catch up to everyone else and take 1st was great. It was great to see the two gay guys making fun of rob and amber falling behind and not catching the plane just to have rob walk on the plane laughing.

ALVAREZ6
03-23-2005, 12:55 AM
Wow, I watched this show tonight for the 1st time. It was the one where they are in Argentina.

I never plan on ever watching this crap show again.
The show is extremely pathetic, they showed every single damn team do every challenge or whatever. They just had to show each team, which was basically watching the same thing over and over again, only with 2 different people.

They didn't show much about the country anway.

Slomo
03-23-2005, 06:02 AM
Wow, I watched this show tonight for the 1st time. It was the one where they are in Argentina.

I never plan on ever watching this crap show again.
The show is extremely pathetic, they showed every single damn team do every challenge or whatever. They just had to show each team, which was basically watching the same thing over and over again, only with 2 different people.

They didn't show much about the country anway. The country that they are in is second to the teams interaction, it provides for an interesting scenic backdrop and allows the viewer to discover one or two, more or less obscure, facts about the place they are in.

The stars of the show are the relationships within the different teams. Look how the contestants are being casted - it's a collection of different relationships that are then put under stress and we the viewers (or is it voyeurs?) can then observe them with obvious glee.

I think this show does is quite well and still tastefully enough for the viewers to feel good about themselves. The obvious disadvantage is that you must get into it. If you only watch one show you will miss most of the drama since you do not know how they got where they are now (I'm talking about their relationship and not geographical position).

Clandestino
03-23-2005, 09:27 AM
i like the show, but i think it would be cooler if they just gave the team a destination and they had to get there anyway they could. like the teams would have to figure out if they wanted to take a train, a taxi, hitchhike, etc...

ALVAREZ6
03-23-2005, 09:31 AM
i like the show, but i think it would be cooler if they just gave the team a destination and they had to get there anyway they could. like the teams would have to figure out if they wanted to take a train, a taxi, hitchhike, etc...
Kind of like the movie Rat Race?

I think that idea is better because everyone follows the team ahead of them so it's kind of cheap. The team in 1st sort of leads the way for the others following, and they're the only ones thinking.

I like the idea of the show, I just can't stand how they show every single team pass every single challenge, it really gets old.

Clandestino
03-23-2005, 10:12 AM

I think that idea is better because everyone follows the team ahead of them so it's kind of cheap. The team in 1st sort of leads the way for the others following, and they're the only ones thinking.

I like the idea of the show, I just can't stand how they show every single team pass every single challenge, it really gets old.

that following each other is lame.

i wanted to slap that pussy son in yesterdays show...his mom was the tough one. if he hadn't been complaining and crying the whole time they probably wouldn't have been eliminated. i bet his mom is wondering how her son became such a pussy.

ALVAREZ6
03-23-2005, 01:18 PM
that following each other is lame.

i wanted to slap that pussy son in yesterdays show...his mom was the tough one. if he hadn't been complaining and crying the whole time they probably wouldn't have been eliminated. i bet his mom is wondering how her son became such a pussy.
I hate that kid, I thought it was just an ugly chick, no lie. He has long hair and a high pitched voice with a tight shirt.

IceColdBrewski
03-23-2005, 03:17 PM

One of the networks tried a show like that to compete with Amazing Race during its first season. Fox I think. Can't remember the name of the show but it sucked bad and failed miserably. They didn't follow each other. And they didn't get all bunched up at the end like it happens in the movies. What you had was several teams that all split up and went their separate ways. The teams crossed the finish line DAYS apart from one another. It made for one of the most anti-climatic finishes for a show that I've ever seen. At least with the Amazing Race, you know it's gonna stay close.

I suggest you watch from the beggining and pick a favorite. Maybe then it will make more sense to you.

Das Texan
03-24-2005, 12:48 AM
great show.

have been watching it since the season with the old people that were actually good.

i'd like to see a team of hot chicks actually go far for a change though.

Spurminator
03-29-2005, 11:04 PM
Anyone else catch themselves cheering out loud after tonight's final footrace?

goliath
03-29-2005, 11:13 PM
I was cheering too.

It was great that the brothers caught up at the very end and won the footrace to the pit stop

IceColdBrewski
03-29-2005, 11:21 PM
That was the best non-finale ending I've seen yet.

And what's the deal with giving Rob and Amber a guilt trip over not stopping for the accident? All the other teams have done nothing but plot the demise of Rob and Amber from the very beggining. Yet they're expected to stop after another team gets in a car accident? Bullshit! If that had been Rob and Amber crashed on the side of the road, every other team would have given a nice chuckle as they drove right on by.

That's the last straw for me. I'm really hoping that Rob and Amber win this thing.

goliath
03-29-2005, 11:32 PM
I agree Ice. Even the host gave them crap for it. Thing is, no one other than the gay guys really stopped. Most just sorta slowed down and asked if they were ok (eventhough their hummer was flipped over and the cameraman lying half dead on the side of the road) and then drove on. Everyone has been dumping on Rob and Amber from day one but expect them to stop and act buddy-buddy when there is a problem. They basically are outcasts from the other teams (did u see all the other teams together when the old couple ran in but Rob and Amber were by themselves on the beds).

Personally ive been hoping Rob and Amber win from day one. They are by far one of the most best and most entertaining teams in AR history.

Spurminator
03-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Meh, I'm rooting for the brothers.

IceColdBrewski
03-29-2005, 11:39 PM
Meh, I'm rooting for the brothers.

They're my second choice behind Rob and Amber.

goliath
03-29-2005, 11:42 PM
Didnt really like the brothers too much until tonight.

After what happened tonight their probably my second choice too.

But I hate the 2 gay guys. Hated the mom and her kid too but at least they got ousted last week.

IceColdBrewski
03-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Didnt really like the brothers too much until tonight.

After what happened tonight their probably my second choice too.

But I hate the 2 gay guys. Hated the mom and her kid too but at least they got ousted last week.

Yeah the gay guys are enemy #1. I was also hoping Gretchen and Merideth would be eliminated this week. I can't stand Gretchen. She's a worry wort. The kind of person that worries too much. Takes all the fun out of everything.