PDA

View Full Version : Thanks SpursTalk-ers

Kori Ellis
04-29-2009, 12:07 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for making it another great season at SpursTalk. I know that it was rough. But at the beginning of the year, I am not so sure we would have ever expected the team to even get to the playoffs with Manu missing so much time and Tim be so hobbled.

I don't think the era of greatness is over for this Spurs team. They aren't that far off. A few pieces will be added this summer and then they'll be back at it come fall.

Losing sucks but we have some great things to look forward to:

Ginobili will return to the court
Parker will continue to shine
Tim has a few more great years left in him
George Hill will continue to develop

As for the forum, thanks to all of you for participating (even the Mavs fans and the Trolls). It's been six years now and we have developed a strong community here. Though we might not agree all the time (ever?), it has truly become a go-to destination for Spurs information.

For those who are new to SpursTalk this year, don't think that since the team's season is over, the fun ends. :lol July/August is usually our busiest time of year (even in the Championship seasons) because of free agency, trades, etc. There is a wonderful group of posters here with a vast knowledge of draft prospects, free agency information, CBA rules, international players and more. timvp is going to do some tooling of the forum to make all the draft/free agency info to be as organized as possible. In the offseason, we hope to also add some more cool features to site to continue to improve its quality.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for making SpursTalk awesome. I know that I haven't been around as much this year as in the past, but I'm always lurking :)

I wish you all health, wealth, happiness and success (even those who hate me for whatever reason).

Tonight, raise your glass in honor of the Spurs and SpursTalk :toast

There will be more seasons of greatness for all of us.

Thanks,

Kori

Mugen
04-29-2009, 12:10 AM
thanks for the forum kori

mexicanjunior
04-29-2009, 12:10 AM
You guys have a great forum, thanks for running it...

Mavzy45
04-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Kori thanks for having such a good site....oh and for allowing us Mavs fans. You guys do an awesome job!

Dex
04-29-2009, 12:13 AM
As always, thanks for everything, Kori and LJ. Looking forward to many seasons to come.

Chris
04-29-2009, 12:13 AM
Thank you for hosting the greatest forums on the internets :toast

caŽlo
04-29-2009, 12:14 AM
amen kori.

:) eversince i found this site, i was hooked.

you can all just imagine how pitiful it was when i was just reading spurs updates via the spurs website. (aka lance "fill in the" blanks era) LOL

Borosai
04-29-2009, 12:14 AM
You're welcome.

Oh, and thanks to you and your dude. :downspin:

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-29-2009, 12:15 AM
:cheers:

team-work
04-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Thank you Kori & Timvp.

The site has been part of my life & enjoyment.

As for the Spurs, they will be back & ready for challenges. I think Pop will see what adjustments are needed. Hope he & RC bring some great offseason moves.

marini martini
04-29-2009, 12:17 AM
Thanks Kori & LJ! You have no idea how much this place has meant to me in the past couple of years!!! Win or loose, the Spurs & ST will always be in my heart!!!:toast

pawe
04-29-2009, 12:19 AM
You mean it's already been six years since you last slept properly?
Anyway, thanks for putting up with the trolls and everything else.

Frenzy
04-29-2009, 12:22 AM
:wakeup this place ain't half bad.

Juanobili
No, thank you for finding me a new home :P

The Spurs have been a part of my life ever since I was born. It's very nice to have a place where I can get information and share conversations with other fans... and trolls :P

cnyc3
Thanks for the awesome site... i love you both. really i do :elephant

quentin_compson
04-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Thank YOU, Kori and timvp. You do a great job. Here's to the next 50 years or so ... :toast

Allanon
04-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the site as well, NBA section is great. I can't stand all the dick-sucking going on at Laker boards.

Good luck to your Spurs in the draft and next year.

rayray2k8
04-29-2009, 12:24 AM
We started the season with Manu out and finished with Manu out...
I don't know, maybe we lost early for a reason, who knows?
Hopefully the spurs can get younger and get some much needed help in the offseason.
I'll be here lurking during the summer, but let's do it again in October. :)
Damn, that's a long way from now..

Oh well, there's still Football and anime. :D

loveforthegame
04-29-2009, 12:27 AM
Kori and timvp, thank you both for all the work you put into the board and allowing us a place to post. It's the best site around.

It was a rough year but we'll just come back stronger.

Hemotivo
04-29-2009, 12:28 AM
:tu

NewJerSpur
04-29-2009, 12:32 AM
This is the first time I've had a forum of any sort to discuss matters of my team since I began being a fan back in '96/'97. This place eased the pain of losing last year and for some reason I don't feel as nipped as I usually would about going out this year, even to the Mavs given the turbulent season we've had....still won't watth the rest of the playoffs though. Thank You guys.

:toast

DPG21920
04-29-2009, 12:32 AM
Thanks a lot. It was a different year for Spurs fans with this season shaking out the way it did. Nice to be around Spurs fans.

I will be working hard to scout Free Agents and making tough decisions to cut some posters and move this board in a different direction.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-29-2009, 12:33 AM
:tu greatest forum on the net as far as I'm concerned

50Bestspurever
04-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the best fucking run message board out there. What I love best about this site is you can disagree and run sum awesome smack, and what really makes this place the best is you can even disagree with the owners and not get banned. Thats what makes this place the best for me. It is like our own little spurs america. God bless you and your partner for all the hard work you do. It is very easy to bash a web site but fuck try running it. Nothing but love and mad respect for you both. See you all next year.

Avitus1
04-29-2009, 12:34 AM
No, no, thank you! This is the best place on the net.

DubMcDub
04-29-2009, 12:36 AM
Great forum, (some) good fans, great discussion. Cheers.

completely deck
04-29-2009, 12:36 AM

Das Texan
04-29-2009, 12:37 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for making it another great season at SpursTalk. I know that it was rough. But at the beginning of the year, I am not so sure we would have ever expected the team to even get to the playoffs with Manu missing so much time and Tim be so hobbled.

I don't think the era of greatness is over for this Spurs team. They aren't that far off. A few pieces will be added this summer and then they'll be back at it come fall.

As for the forum, thanks to all of you for participating (even the Mavs fans and the Trolls). It's been six years now and we have developed a strong community here. Though we might not agree all the time (ever?), it has truly become a go-to destination for Spurs information.

For those who are new to SpursTalk this year, don't think that since the team's season is over, the fun ends. :lol July/August is usually our busiest time of year (even in the Championship seasons) because of free agency, trades, etc. There is a wonderful group of posters here with a vast knowledge of draft prospects, free agency information, CBA rules, international players and more. timvp is going to do some tooling of the forum to make all the draft/free agency info to be as organized as possible. In the offseason, we hope to also add some more cool features to site to continue to improve its quality.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for making SpursTalk awesome. I know that I haven't been around as much this year as in the past, but I'm always lurking :)

I wish you all health, wealth, happiness and success (even those who hate me for whatever reason).

Thanks,

Kori

Slacker.

SpursFan0728
04-29-2009, 12:39 AM
I want to thank Timvp and Kori for such a great site. It has been up and down this season but I am glad I could experience this with all of you.

Lets hope we'll make a few good acquisitions and see our young guys develop in summer league and training camp.

Keep in touch fellas,

Libri
04-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Thank you for letting me participate. :toast :flag:

Spursmania
04-29-2009, 12:40 AM
Thank you Kori, Timvp and Slomo and whomever else helps run the show. Spurstalk was a great discovery for me. Now I'm addicted.:toast

Buddy Holly
04-29-2009, 12:43 AM
I make this forum what it is. I accept your gratitude Kori.

SouthTexasRancher
04-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Thanks for running a great sports forum.

mavsfan1000
Great job with this site. Good luck next year.

VaSpursFan
thanks for another year. this is the best sports forum on the web. looking forward to next season...cheers!

tp2021
04-29-2009, 12:45 AM
This is my home on the internetz

polandprzem
04-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Dead or alive I'm with you

SA210
04-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the forum :tu

Chomag
04-29-2009, 12:48 AM
Thanks for giving us such a great place to conjugate! Anyone would be a full if they counted the Spurs out next season.

There is some improvement that must be made, but Spurs always have had a knack of bouncing back.

:toast heres to a great off-season I'm very excited and looking forward to what it might bring us.

duncan228
04-29-2009, 12:55 AM
SpursTalk is my home, I don't know what I'd do without the extended family I've made here. It's been a rocky season, a first round out, but we went through it together. The off season rocks here as much as the season does.

:toast To Kori, timvp, the Spurs, and SpursTalk.

Manufan909
04-29-2009, 12:57 AM
Return of The Gist

fify

ploto
04-29-2009, 12:57 AM
Love ya', Kori.

Now timvp, that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2009, 01:01 AM
Love ya', Kori.

Now timvp, that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

:lol

You two have a good rivalry.

ploto
04-29-2009, 01:04 AM
You two have a good rivalry.

We just have to hide our love from you. :lmao

lurker23
04-29-2009, 01:11 AM
Thanks so much Kori and LJ. The season was fun, the offseason will be fun, next season will be fun, and so on and so forth. I look forward to it all, win or lose, championship or lottery. The community here makes the journey more fun than the destination. I may not always agree with everyone here or the way that they form or express their opinions, but I know deep down we're all loyal NBA fans. For those who will choose to take a break during the offseason, happy travels, and see you again soon.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-29-2009, 01:12 AM
No, thank YOU, ma'am... oh, and that quiet guy who follows you around... ;)

But seriously, yup, ST is the place to be if you love this team, and it has evolved its own fascinating culture. I wouldn't hang out anywhere else. :tu

As for our team, there's a lot to be excited about for the future. We've got a few contending years in us yet. :ihit

tomtom
04-29-2009, 01:20 AM
Thanks for providing this awesome site and community. I just joined this place in the offseason (oh how long and horrible that was haha) and its just been great and now I've become a junkie. :tu

Solid D
04-29-2009, 01:23 AM
Well, the Spurs didn't D-up like they have in earlier years and it has been hard to watch them sometimes, but you take the wins and the losses and appreciate the journey none-the-less. The Spurs have some healing and some rebuilding to do and SpursTalk will cheer and jeer them on.

Here's to a blessed off-season, SpursTalk!

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2009, 01:29 AM
spurstalk is a hell of a drug.....

phxspurfan
04-29-2009, 01:33 AM
Good year timvp, Kori, everyone. See y'all next season!

timvp
04-29-2009, 01:38 AM
Thanks, SpursTalk :tu

I wasn't prepared for Cancun already :depressed

crc21209
04-29-2009, 01:42 AM
Thank you both Kori and timvp....I will continue to be here as long as you guys are. :toast to you guys. Too bad this season ended the way it did...but hey...not too many other teams in ANY sport can say they've won 4 championships in a span of 10 years. We ALL as Spurs fans should be proud of this city, this franchise, and it's players. :flag:

BWS-1994
04-29-2009, 02:48 AM
spurstalk is a hell of a drug.....

+1 :hat

Thank you very much for this awesome site! :flag:

polandprzem
04-29-2009, 02:49 AM
Kori, do you feel we have a bad blood between us?

peskypesky
04-29-2009, 02:51 AM
Thank you, Kori and TimVP. Love ya both, even if you are homers.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2009, 03:43 AM
Kori, do you feel we have a bad blood between us?

Doo ron, doo ron di di di doo ron ron,
Bad blood
Taklin' 'bout bad blood

m33p0
04-29-2009, 03:52 AM
we spurs fans do have a lot to look forward to next season. in addition to what Steiner said, we will have Gist and Mahinmi back. I think Hairston will also be in the lineup next season. We can also hope, once more, for Splitter.

polandprzem
04-29-2009, 04:22 AM
Bad blood
Taklin' 'bout bad blood

Get some sleep

Obstructed_View
04-29-2009, 04:25 AM
Get some sleep

:lol Now I can't, because I have that stupid song going through my head.

bobbybob0
04-29-2009, 04:25 AM
Props :toast

wijayas
04-29-2009, 04:45 AM
Thank you back, Kori.

polandprzem
04-29-2009, 04:45 AM
:lol Now I can't, because I have that stupid song going through my head.

You have a day off tomorrow - I mean today ?

benefactor
04-29-2009, 05:37 AM
Cheers to you and timvp for running a great community. I am looking forward to the offseason as I started posting here during the summer of last year and I know how great this place is during that time. Let's retool and get ready for '09-'10.

Bukefal
04-29-2009, 05:41 AM
Thanks to you for keeping this wonderful site running!!!

samikeyp
04-29-2009, 07:10 AM
You two are the heart and soul of this place. The thanks go to you. :toast

TheManFromAcme
04-29-2009, 07:36 AM
Great Forum even if there is FTL abound! :p:

R.C. and Pop will assure that this franchise competes at the highest level.

Good luck with your off-season.

On a side note: Tell Manu to keep his butt here in the states.
No new NEWS here but with Manu in this last series, well,.....you know the outcome.

JudynTX
04-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks for putting up with me. :)

KidCongo
04-29-2009, 07:55 AM
Yew. Mad Lads.

Gervin44Silas13
04-29-2009, 08:02 AM

Thanks,

Kori

Kori....great form thanks for putting up with my BS posts!
Looking forward Summer acqussions/ trades and next season!!!:rollin

JoeChalupa
04-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Thanks LJ and Kori. :tu

ATRAIN
04-29-2009, 08:11 AM

Dont bring the Swine Flu back with you.....BASTARD!! LOL

Thanks Kori and LJ...You guys do so much for us and thanks for letting us crash at your place(spurstalk). Oh yeah and TIMVP your going down this week!!!!:ihit

ElNono
04-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Thanks for doing a great job running the site! :tu

1Parker1
04-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Thanks for everything! :) Another great season has past us...

WalterBenitez
04-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the forum, I am still sad, probably will last for a while, I only hope HOU and MAVs go out quick

NFGIII
04-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks to both of you for a great site. It is addictive! Great discussions and very imformative as well.

Here's to a very productuve offseason for the Spurs. We've be back next year.

rasho8
04-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Props to Kori and timvp for keeping this site ad free, accessable, fun and for the most part, unmoderated to allow everyone to speak their thoughts during the latest season.

They do alot of work and everyone should appreciate everything they do.

spurster
04-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Thanks, Kori Duncan (:)) and timvp.

EVAY
04-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Thank you, Kori and timvp. There are probably lots of folks like me who mostly read what others have to say and rarely get into the fray ourselves, but we appreciate being able to read what knowledgeable ( or maybe just mostly opinionated) folks have to say. You all do a great job, and it is always amazing to me how many folks from other teams follow this site.

Please keep it going. I don't know what you have to do to keep it going, or who has to approve it, but I hope that you will be here for a long time to come. Thanks again

angel_luv
04-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Thanks Kori!

All the best back to you and L.J. :)

spursncowboys
04-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Being out of the Spurs tv market this year was hard not being able to watch many games. I am glad I found this site and was able to read so much about the greatest dynasty in nba history. Cannot wait for next year. Good posts most of yall.

peacemaker885
04-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Best NBA forum in the internets! Spurstalk -> Lifeline till July!

Appoggiatura
04-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks Kori and timvp!

I don't often post, but I always lurk. Being away from SA for sometime, this is my best connection with the Spurs. I always am here before and after and especially during the summer. After last night, I couldn't wait to get on here and see what was posted in hopes of optimism when looking ahead to next year. Thanks again guys for the site. GO SPURS GO!!!

travis2
04-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks for staying with us and not taking the quick cash (which no one would have blamed you for). It's not ST without you.

Spursone
04-29-2009, 11:12 AM

I've been a Spurs fan since I used to go see them at the Joe & Harry Freeman Coliseum back in the 70's, great years with the likes of George Gervin and Larry kenon.

1st Timer on the Forum this year and it was a lot of fun.

GO SPURS GO!

:flag:

Brazil
04-29-2009, 11:25 AM
One season lurking and one season posting. Thank you, timvp, slomo etc... for running this great forum and thank you also for the quality posters.

Taco
04-29-2009, 12:10 PM
u-da-man kori!!!

SpursFanFirst
04-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks for everything you do to make this place so awesome, Kori, Timvp, and co.! :toast

We're just riding your coattails.

SpursFanFirst
04-29-2009, 12:38 PM

Watch out for that swine flu!!! :oink
We need you two to come back in good shape.

Duncan74
04-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks for such a great site. Its almost like one big Spurs family minus the trolls and all!!!

Spurs Brazil
04-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks Kori and timvp for this great place

sonic21
04-29-2009, 03:33 PM
best forum on the net :tu

04-29-2009, 03:40 PM
to kori and l.j thank you for letting me for participate on your boards.All i have to say that the spurs and there fans are the best.May you win in 2010..
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag::flag:.:toast

Dex
04-29-2009, 03:49 PM
I find it ironic that the board was more calm and collected last night than it has been during countless losses, regular season or post. Glad to see to this place didn't turn into MeltdownTalk.

This forum has got some quality peeps.

NRHector
04-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks Kori and timvp for a great forum, the Spurs will regroup and reconquer the trophy again next year:flag:

biziofromdowntown
04-29-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm new here, but i would say really thanx 2 Kori n Timvp.

Bring it up boyz

phxspurfan
04-29-2009, 05:29 PM
On to The Club, my offseason home ...

bdictjames
04-29-2009, 05:33 PM
4 rings, we should be happy for it.

kace
04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
when you're a fan outside the usa, this place is a bless to live his addiction for the spurs. i couldn't thank you enough :toast

tp2021
04-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Instead of SpursTalk-ers, how about STPers? SpursTalk Posters.

I guess it looks like strippers, but at least it doesn't sound like Spurs Stalkers. Just an idea.

The Great Fantastic
04-29-2009, 06:01 PM
I truly appreciate this site.

Kori and LJ, thank you for staying true to your vision!!!!

If there was a season and playoffs for basketball websites, Spurstalk would win the championship every year!!!! It's a dynasty, baby!

Only question would be, who would win the Finals MVP? Spork Killer? Louis? Kill Bill Pana? Shitbag Lichtenstein?

Kori Ellis
04-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Instead of SpursTalk-ers, how about STPers? SpursTalk Posters.

I guess it looks like strippers, but at least it doesn't sound like Spurs Stalkers. Just an idea.

Considering there's a capital "T" in SpursTalk-ers, it shouldn't look like Spurs Stalkers. I didn't know anyone would be reading it out loud for grammar purposes. But uh.. thanks for your contribution to the thread. :wtf

The Great Fantastic
04-29-2009, 06:06 PM
SpurStalk is pretty funny. I don't ever set up favorites on my browser so I constantly think SpurStalk whenever I type in the url.

I think it's fitting, though.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-29-2009, 06:17 PM
The show must go on, thanks Kori and Timvp!!:toast

BlueShark#6
04-29-2009, 06:47 PM
thanks kori and timvp.

thanks for the venue.
i also say: best forum out there!

cheers.

RodNIc91
04-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the best forum ever. I remember looking for a blog or something a year ago or so (when we lost to the lakers:bang) in order to talk to some spurs fans. Not only did I found it, but it became a no-brainer when checking spurs news. Thanks for all the laughs, the good and not-so good moments. :flag:

David Bowie
04-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks for running the forum Kori, it's really great. I mostly come here to relax :)

DieMrBond
04-29-2009, 07:13 PM
:clap

ManuTP9
04-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks kori and timvp for an awsome site , this is hands down the best forum ive ever been too.

Dex
04-29-2009, 08:53 PM
SpurStalk is pretty funny. I don't ever set up favorites on my browser so I constantly think SpurStalk whenever I type in the url.

I think it's fitting, though.

SpursTalk isn't set as your homepage yet?

You have much to learn, young padiwan. :lol

duncan228
04-29-2009, 08:57 PM

For a while NBA.com stayed my homepage, global then local was the thought. I gave that up, I found myself coming here before I read anything there anyway. :lol

lefty
04-29-2009, 09:01 PM

Thanks,

Kori

Fabbs
04-30-2009, 12:26 AM

Thanks,

Kori

All in. :toast
To the ones who help me with their superb photoshop skills, to the stat finders, to the cult-like PopApologist sheep, to the movie reviewers, to Heath and the card bunch, to beer drinking-burrito eating Texans everywhere, to everyone on ST.

urunobili
04-30-2009, 08:53 AM
thank YOU guys for having the best forum in the internets available for free to all of us

Buddy Holly
04-30-2009, 09:46 AM

Don't forget to take some of these.

http://www.rosemarydrive.com/renovation/safety/medicalproceduremask.jpeg

rayray2k8
04-30-2009, 12:50 PM

That is soo messed up...

ManuTP9
04-30-2009, 03:18 PM

:lol:lol

The Great Fantastic
04-30-2009, 07:27 PM

I loooove Star Trek!

Also, those avian lupus jokes are waaaaay too soon.

raspsa
04-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks Kori.. this is home for all Spurs fans.

td_tp_manu
05-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Thanks Kori. An awesome forum.

SenorSpur
05-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Thanks to both you Kori and to timvp.

You've created a wonderful forum and I'm proud to be a part of it.

My next glass of champagne will be a toast to you both. :toast

Here's to what we hope will be a wonderful and productive offseason. :tu

Summers
05-01-2009, 08:09 AM
I haven't added my "thank you" to this yet. Thanks y'all! :)

Slippy
05-02-2009, 12:42 AM
no no no .. Thanks for having us.