PDA

View Full Version : Houston ended Miami's 12W-streak

milkyway21
03-23-2005, 12:36 AM
after an embarassing loss vs. Minnesota last Sunday, Houston bounched back.
Miami now with 17 losses, the same no. of losses with S.A. & Phoenix(16 losses), in the battle of this season's best record to gain homecourt advantage.

ALVAREZ6
03-23-2005, 12:50 AM
About time Miami lost.

I still think they are going to come in 1st in the entire league.

I really hope they cool off come play-off time, I would hate to see the Spurs play the Heat in the finals.

I would rather play Detroit. The Spurs lost to the Pistons in a close game, playing without Duncan for 46 minutes.

milkyway21
03-23-2005, 12:53 AM
ShaQ tasted the Finals showdown that he wanted=Miami vs. Houston :lol

SuBZer0
03-23-2005, 02:19 AM
McGrady takes waaaaay too many shots - what happened to the inside out offense? And when he's cold he just keeps jacking them up - like last game @minny

Rummpd
03-23-2005, 07:49 AM
Miami still has a terrible record vs. Western teams especially on the road. Recall that with Duncan limping andwe only lost to them by 4-5 at their home.

Healthy Duncan again, Heat are very beatable by Spurs.

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-23-2005, 07:56 AM
im glad the heat lost! i hope they lose in the first round of the playoffs! teams like them bug the crap outa me! basketball is a TEAM sport. not a sport where one or 2 players carry the whole darn team its a bunch of crap!

The_Game
03-23-2005, 08:22 AM
im glad the heat lost! i hope they lose in the first round of the playoffs! teams like them bug the crap outa me! basketball is a TEAM sport. not a sport where one or 2 players carry the whole darn team its a bunch of crap!

they aren't just a two man team..eddie jones and damon jones have played well for them as have haslem inside. They are a balenced team more than you think

oh and haslem didn't play in this game. He is huge for them every night.

their record against the west is good but not great..but all in all that won't matter as they only have to face one west team if they make the finals. And their record at home is great

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-23-2005, 08:27 AM
they aren't just a two man team..eddie jones and damon jones have played well for them as have haslem inside. They are a balenced team more than you think

oh and haslem didn't play in this game. He is huge for them every night.

their record against the west is good but not great..but all in all that won't matter as they only have to face one west team if they make the finals. And their record at home is great

if they're not a 2 man team then how come when shaqs out the fans always blame their losses on that? like the pistons loss last night, bandwagon fans would blame it on rip not playin...but truthfully they didnt play well last night they had A LOT turnovers.but when the heat lose their only excuse is someone didnt play

boutons
03-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Points in the paint:
Heat 24
Rox 30

So both teams were focused, very effectively, on interior defense, danger for the Spurs.

Each team got 22,23 pts on FTs. This was jumpshooting contest, the kind of games, low-paint pts, high FTs, that the Spurs often lose (bad on jumpers, bad at the line).

Heat got 48 points in the paint, +14!, in Spurs @MIA, while Shaq got a max of only 16 of 48. Spurs lost that game in the paint.

wildbill2u
03-23-2005, 11:41 AM
after an embarassing loss vs. Minnesota last Sunday, Houston bounched back.
Miami now with 17 losses, the same no. of losses with S.A. & Phoenix(16 losses), in the battle of this season's best record to gain homecourt advantage.

Van Gundy really improved this team by trades and acquisitions since the first of the season. I'm picking them as the team no one in the West wants to play in the playoffs. They are damned dangerous opponents.

The_Game
03-23-2005, 01:24 PM
if they're not a 2 man team then how come when shaqs out the fans always blame their losses on that? like the pistons loss last night, bandwagon fans would blame it on rip not playin...but truthfully they didnt play well last night they had A LOT turnovers.but when the heat lose their only excuse is someone didnt play

Fans will look for excuses no matter what, and just because the heat need shaq to win doesn't mean they are great purely because of him. They have many guys who can step up

the spurs aren't a one man team but the record without duncan is bad..doesn't mean the team isn't balenced.

kskonn
03-23-2005, 03:56 PM
besides Shaq has always had that effect on teams. when he did not play with the lakers everyone would say that they lost because shaq did not play. And that lakers team was very balanced.

Ishta
03-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Anytime Shaq looses, my day is made for about a week.....However, WHEN we play Miami in the Finals, I look for us to take them out.... and no not to dinner:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

Solid D
03-23-2005, 05:15 PM
For the season: Jeff 1 Stan 1

tha lil PRINCEcess
03-23-2005, 05:49 PM
they could do it without shaq...but it would be surely difficult. but i still say that miami cant beat detroit in a 7 game series