04-29-2009, 12:28 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_marcus_camby.jpg

Marcus Camby | C
Born: Mar 22, 1974
Height: 6-11 / 2,11
Weight: 235 lbs. / 106,6 kg.
College: Massachusetts
Years Pro: 12

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/marcus_camby/index.html)

The Spurs almost landed Cotton at the trade deadline but the Clippers wizened up. Not my ideal center, but I'll take 10 points, 11 boards, and 2 blocks a night when the alternative is Matt Bonner or a second visit from Radoslav.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-29-2009, 12:30 AM
He might be old and battered up enough.

vander
04-29-2009, 12:31 AM
did you see how much the nuggets missed him this year?

and he totally turned the clippers around

loveforthegame
04-29-2009, 12:32 AM
He'd be perfect but his health is worse than Ginobli's.

SenorSpur
04-29-2009, 12:32 AM
Pass.

Time to move away from trading away picks and young players for old guys.

Anyone still think it would've been a good idea to trade away George Hill and others for Camby, as Pop tried to do at the trade deadline?

Marcus Bryant
04-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Contract is up in 2010, so no long term commitment. Spurs can offer the Clippers some payroll relief with Oberto and Bowen's partially guaranteed contracts (of course I'd like to see Bruce return). Would probably have to part with Hill though. :/

E20
Free agent/trade threads already up? lol I can't wait for the draft prospect trades.

Mugen
i still wouldnt give up george in a trade for him.

duncan228
04-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks MB. ST rules off-season too, and you're a big part of that. Thanks for kicking it off.

DPG21920
04-29-2009, 12:36 AM
If the Spurs can pull it off with a Bowen/Oberto/Mason combo I am all for it. Camby, although not the best defender, is a great help defender and shot blocker and that would be magnified on the Spurs.

He has a serviceable jumper and Ian could learn the shot blocking basics from him. Not to mention the rebounding would instantly make the Spurs defense better.

portnoy1
04-29-2009, 12:36 AM
All the young guys have to stay. Camby is too old. Dalembert would be good if the spurs can work a deal.

Bruno
04-29-2009, 12:37 AM
To me, Camby is one of the most overrated player in the NBA.
He would be an upgrade over current Spurs bigs but I'm not ready to trade a player like Hill to get him.
And I rather have Sheed than Camby.

GSH
04-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Marcus Camby and a time machine. I thought he would have been a dream acquisition a few years ago. He missed 20 games this season. With the way things have been going for the Spurs, he'd miss the last 20. And the playoffs.

vander
04-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Thanks MB. ST rules off-season too, and you're a big part of that. Thanks for kicking it off.

actually I think it was the Spurs who kicked it off

earlier than usual this year :lol

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2009, 12:40 AM
if its between CAMBY and CHANDLER?

i go with the guy who has a less years remaining on his contract and asking price.

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2009, 12:43 AM
All the young guys have to stay. Camby is too old. Dalembert would be good if the spurs can work a deal.

be pretty hard to get dalembert of the hands of the sixers, since the team is in the process of competing in the easts, and they got that monster contract of BRAND to consume.....

isnt andre miller up for an extention? which will also hurt their payroll....

Cant_Be_Faded
04-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Contract is up in 2010, so no long term commitment. Spurs can offer the Clippers some payroll relief with Oberto and Bowen's partially guaranteed contracts (of course I'd like to see Bruce return). Would probably have to part with Hill though. :/

No fucking way then.

EricB
04-29-2009, 12:44 AM
I vote no.

loveforthegame
04-29-2009, 12:48 AM
No way I give up Hill for him but that was supposedly the kicker for the Clippers before they backed out.

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2009, 12:50 AM
Camby is an expiring contract, isn't he? If that's the case, then why would the Clippers take our guys? They'd only take Hill, and I would say no to that..

DPG21920
04-29-2009, 12:51 AM
What is a better combo for the Spurs: Camby + Mason at point or Bonner + Hill at point?

I mean this from winning a title perspective.

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2009, 12:52 AM
Camby would help us a lot, but I'd rather trade the expirings for a Jefferson or a Jackson, as opposed to trading Hill and having another hole at the backup PG position..

that backup PG position is gonna be even bigger next year, since Tony is playing in the Olympics..

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2009, 12:58 AM
the problem with hill added to the piece

will there be any similar type of players like him in this draft?

cause pg/sg/sf are easy to find in the draft compared to good serviceable big quality players at pf/c.....

DAF86
04-29-2009, 01:03 AM

I don't think that will help the Spurs chances of getting him. If he were locked up till 2011 or 2012 and the Clippers would like to get rid of his contract we'd have more chances.

DPG21920
04-29-2009, 01:13 AM
MB: What do you think of the Spurs targeting Kaman instead? If the Clips are looking to dump someone, Kaman would be the most likely logically with his contract.

baseline bum
04-29-2009, 01:17 AM
I don't like Cotton Camby at all. Extremely overrated defender and a China Doll on top of that. Camby looks great on paper, but not so good in real life (unless you compared him to Bonner).

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-29-2009, 01:17 AM
He's on 7.6mil this season, expiring 2010, so if we could ship out Bonner and one for the other $4mil guys (Finley/Fab) for him as a one year stopgap, DO IT!

Don't see him as any more than a one year stopgap though (he's 35).

EricB
04-29-2009, 01:18 AM
I don't like Cotton Camby at all. Extremely overrated defender and a China Doll on top of that. Camby looks great on paper, but not so good in real life (unless you compared him to Bonner).

This :tu

DPG21920
04-29-2009, 01:28 AM

Yes, he is overrated as an individual defender, but in the Spurs system, he is almost a perfect fit. Plus, his rebounding is not overrated. There are some questions (health...) but I think most of that was hating his life as a Clipper.

EricB
04-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Yes, he is overrated as an individual defender, but in the Spurs system, he is almost a perfect fit. Plus, his rebounding is not overrated. There are some questions (health...) but I think most of that was hating his life as a Clipper.

His health has been a problem his whole damn career.

DPG21920
04-29-2009, 01:33 AM
His health has been a problem his whole damn career.

True, but not counting this unmotivated year, he only missed 15 games the previous 2 years before.

Ditty
04-29-2009, 01:49 AM
is there anyway that the clippers could buy him out?

NewJerSpur
04-29-2009, 01:50 AM
An off-and-on outside jumper that he loves to take more than he should but can make, relentless shot-blocking (which we haven't had consitnetly from two bigs since Dave's departure), good on the boards, and can throw it down.....no real post-up game to speak of. Didn't realize he was getting up there in age though which won't help injury recovery time any. Hmmmm.....

SenorSpur
04-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Dude has a glass body

TDomination
04-29-2009, 01:42 PM
It depends what we can get him for.

jdev82
04-29-2009, 03:44 PM
we need a big and a shooter and the title is ours. camby/redd or sheed/jefferson or camby/jefferson or sheed/redd.

Spurs Brazil
04-29-2009, 04:09 PM
No, I'd rather see the Spurs trade their expiring contracts on a wing

Spurs Brazil
05-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Clippers just won the lottery so they added more salary
Does it increase the chances of a trade for Camby?

tp2021
05-19-2009, 08:38 PM
I would say this increases the chances of the Clips moving a big for sure.

exstatic
05-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Camby will most likely get the best player for the Clippers. A 7 or 8 million dollar expiring contract would be a great way to get a good player from one of the 2010 teams so contract space is made.

However, I don't want the Spurs to get Camby because Ian will get no playing time unless more movement is made with our bigs.

Chances are that SA would ship one or more bigs in any potential trade.

DPG21920
05-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Who cares if Ian does not play? It is not like he won't get his chance. Spurs need an upgrade at center. If they can get Camby or Kaman, then they do it. Ian will have his shot to beat out KT/Bonner, and if he cannot, then he does not deserve to play next year.

Spurs are in win now mode.

Spur-Addict
05-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Who cares if Ian does not play? It is not like he won't get his chance. Spurs need an upgrade at center. If they can get Camby or Kaman, then they do it. Ian will have his shot to beat out KT/Bonner, and if he cannot, then he does not deserve to play next year.

Spurs are in win now mode.

Well said.

Pablo Escobar
05-19-2009, 09:35 PM
at this point will Ian ever fucken play

meestahmeestah
05-19-2009, 09:39 PM
I would say this increases the chances of the Clips moving a big for sure.

I think Kaman is a more likely trade target, as the salary savings for Camby vs. whoever the Spurs would trade for Camby is a wash. Same year, same dollars.

Now...you might also be able to pry DeAndre Jordan off their hands since the "New Young Big" seat is now taken by the #1 pick. Kaman + DeAndre Jordan to sweeten the extra years of the Kaman contract might be something the Clippers would shop around, but I don't think that combo would be worth the 2010 plan.

It'd be worth asking if the Clips would take a second rounder or two for DeAndre Jordan, IMO.

Knoxxx
05-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Kaman or Camby would be great. Not sure why Clips would do it though. Also don't see us fitting the Kaman contract into the cap. Camby is a nice fit since he doesn't need the ball but gets lots of board and blocks. His contract is too good, $7.6 million, for what he brings I think for the Clips to do that deal with what little we could offer. Better to just roster Camby and Kaman. They can easily afford it with the second lowest payroll in the league. Why make a move that downgrades their roster? That same basic problem exists with other potential teams we might trade with.

meestahmeestah
05-19-2009, 09:54 PM
The Clippers have 3 very highly paid post guys, 1 guy with potential (or potential-potential) and the #1 pick is a post guy. I'm pretty sure they'll be dealing 1 or 2 of them.

Mark in Austin
06-13-2009, 10:29 AM
To me, Camby is one of the most overrated player in the NBA.
He would be an upgrade over current Spurs bigs but I'm not ready to trade a player like Hill to get him.
And I rather have Sheed than Camby.

Of course, you would most likely need to commit multiple years to Sheed vs a 1 yr committment for Camby. Even though I agree Sheed>Camby, given their age, I like the shorter committment period. (Plus, Camby has about 3 seasons fewer games on his legs - maybe that's a wash given his injury issues though.)

Bottom line though is the Clippers have no reason to trade him. They will be well under the lux tax, so a salary dump isn't going to be a huge motivation for them.

DesignatedT
06-17-2009, 04:33 PM
with a front line of camby kaman randolph jordan and now griffin.. there def going to have to dump someone. IMO camby would be nice here.. especially with only a year left on contract. kaman would be even better. i doubt there wanting to get rid of jordan. he is raw but shows signs of being a great center later in his career.

DPG21920
06-23-2009, 11:18 AM
I think he could still be available. Heard the Wolves offered Mike Miller for Kaman, and the Clippers countered with Camby.

batman2883
06-23-2009, 04:34 PM
what is this?? "lets sign every player we've beaten in a finals matchup"

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm not a fan at all, but obviously I'd be happy if we got him..I wouldn't give up Hill for him though..

if the Clippers take some kind of trade involving Mason, Bonner, and Finley, then I would like it..

mytespurs
06-23-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm not a fan at all, but obviously I'd be happy if we got him..I wouldn't give up Hill for him though..

if the Clippers take some kind of trade involving Mason, Bonner, and Finley, then I would like it..

considering the genuises that is the clippers fo, they'd go for it. Heck, they might even take just bonner & Finley and we keep mason. :)

SenorSpur
06-24-2009, 12:26 AM

:tu

Don't give up Hill for any reason. That would simply create another void.

DPG21920
06-24-2009, 11:39 AM
That void can be addressed via the draft easier than the center spot.

angelbelow
06-24-2009, 06:35 PM
he definitely will be bring his rebounding and his shot blocking. if we do indeed pursue him i hope hes not washed up yet.

Fdawg07
07-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Another thread posted that the Clippers are in the process of trading Randoph (another big man) to the Grizzlies..

ShamSports.com Zach Randolph traded to Memphis for Quentin Richardson. No word on whether Jaric is in the deal. If he is, OK. If not......well then, whoops.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/

The clippers have been trying to get rid of a big man to make room for Griffin. Does this hurt the chance of the Spurs being able to trade for Camby? Would the Clippers still want to deal him after losing a big man already?

loveforthegame
07-02-2009, 10:32 AM
I'd put a zero chance of getting Camby now.

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Yup..it was slim to start with, but it looks like it's at 0% now..

we're really gonna need to get one of our FA targets now..

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2009, 01:32 PM
The Grizzlies are just beyond horrible though, I have no idea what they're doing..Pop and RC should make a call about Marc Gasol, just incase..

FkLA
07-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Camby in black n silver is even better than Rasheed, if they were to somehow make this happen I'd cry tears of joy.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-07-2009, 03:24 AM
I'd put a zero chance of getting Camby now.

Depends whether they want to develop DeAndre Jordan or not. He showed some interesting signs last year.

If we can't land Dice or Pachulia, Camby would be my next option. Bonner and Finley, a first, a second and some cash might get it done... you never know with Donald Sterling. For a package that big you'd want him to add a year or two to the contract though, and I'm not sure how that would work.

Guy I feel sorry for over in Clipperland is Baron Davis - he should have stayed with the Warriors (they'd be scary now if he was there), but instead went to the Clips to play with Elton Brand and got sold out by his (ex-)friend. Now he has to play for the most clueless coach in the league in a team that has zero chance of doing anything interesting. Poor BD.

crc21209
07-07-2009, 04:06 AM
Bonner, Finley, cash, picks, whatever else except no Mason and no Hill involved for Camby and we got a deal! :tu :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Bonner, Finley, cash, picks, whatever else except no Mason and no Hill involved for Camby and we got a deal! :tu :lol

That's what I'm talking about. And if they throw in Novak, who'd shoot 50% from 3pt land if he were a Spur, all the better. But that's too much to hope for.

loveforthegame
07-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Does a Finley/Bonner for Camby even work?

tp2021
07-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Does a Finley/Bonner for Camby even work?

Nope. Need Mason's salary too.

Bruno
07-07-2009, 01:08 PM
After the Randolph trade, I don't see Clippers trading Camby.

MaNu4Tres
07-07-2009, 01:22 PM
After the Randolph trade, I don't see Clippers trading Camby.

At least as of right now. Only way I see the Clippers keeping Camby is if they actually think they can make a playoff run. With that Clippers may be willing to let him go for a 1st rounder plus expirings ( Bonner/ Finley) close to the trade deadline when they are 10 games out from the 8th seed.

loveforthegame
07-07-2009, 04:20 PM
At least as of right now. Only way I see the Clippers keeping Camby is if they actually think they can make a playoff run. With that Clippers may be willing to let him go for a 1st rounder plus expirings ( Bonner/ Finley) close to the trade deadline when they are 10 games out from the 8th seed.

I think you're right. If this trade were to happen it'll likely be around the deadline depending on where the Clippers are at.

If the Spurs get McDyess it's just as likely they're wanting to hold on to the expiring contracts of Finley, Bonner, Mason instead of bringing someone else so late in the season. Especially if they're rolling and everyone is healthy.

CGD
07-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Highly doubt they would let Camby go for expiring contracts. Remember his is also an expiring contract, and if anything the Clips are shopping him to see what value they could get in return. A straight up "salary dump" is not in the Clips interest here since at worst he comes off the books next summer...

MaNu4Tres
07-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Highly doubt they would let Camby go for expiring contracts. Remember his is also an expiring contract, and if anything the Clips are shopping him to see what value they could get in return. A straight up "salary dump" is not in the Clips interest here since at worst he comes off the books next summer...

If the Clippers are out of the playoff picture by late January/ early February, Clippers could very well part with Camby for expirings plus a 1st round pick since Camby will go somewhere else to finish his career for the 2010/2011 year.

coyotes_geek
07-07-2009, 06:42 PM
That only works if the Spurs are the only team interested in Camby, which won't be the case. Realistically Hill would have to be included. Given the Spurs will be one of the best teams in the league this year that 1st round pick isn't worth anything.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Nope. Need Mason's salary too.

I thought it did, but even if it doesn't you don't have to throw in Mason, you could throw in Williams.

But yeah, it's unlikely to happen because there's not much in it for the Clips.

We're going to land Dice anyway.

tp2021
07-07-2009, 10:10 PM
I thought it did, but even if it doesn't you don't have to throw in Mason, you could throw in Williams.

But yeah, it's unlikely to happen because there's not much in it for the Clips.

We're going to land Dice anyway.

I am not sure Williams makes enough, but it doesn't matter. I am curious as to how much he does make, but hopefully Dice will roll with us soon and I won't care. :lobt2:

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-07-2009, 11:33 PM
I am not sure Williams makes enough, but it doesn't matter. I am curious as to how much he does make, but hopefully Dice will roll with us soon and I won't care. :lobt2:

Yeah, it works with Williams.

My mistake was that I thought Bonner was earning 4mil this year, but he's in the low 3s.

As I said from the start, Dice is our man anyway... now, sign on that dotted line, Antonio! ;)

coyotes_geek
07-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Marcus Camby recently met with Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy, who revealed to him that a number of teams have inquired about his services.

"A lot of teams have been calling. He was up front with me," said Camby. "A lot of teams are calling and asking for my services. A lot of contenders are looking for different pieces to add to their team, especially the way the economy is going and with the salary cap."

Camby has an expiring contract that will pay him $9.15 million in 2009-10, but ultimately doesn't believe that the Clippers will trade him.

"I actually talked to Mike a few days ago, and he asked me about free agents," Camby said. "It looks like I'll still be there. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but he made it seem like I was still going to be around."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60531/20090712/clippers_receiving_calls_about_camby/

duncan228
07-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Vegas Notebook: Clippers' Camby a hot commodity (http://www.probasketballnews.com/story/?storyid=639)
By Chris Tomasson
Pro Basketball News

LAS VEGAS - Marcus Camby might not be getting any airtime from John Walsh, but he's still one of America's most wanted men.

The Los Angeles Clippers center recently met with Mike Dunleavy, the team's coach and general manager. He found out how much he's coveted around the NBA.

"A lot of teams have been calling. He was up front with me," said Camby, in Las Vegas to watch his team at the NBA Summer League. "A lot of teams are calling and asking for my services. ... A lot of contenders are looking for different pieces to add to their team, especially the way the economy is going and with the salary cap."

In fact, shortly before Camby spoke, one team executive pointed to Camby and said, "That's the guy we'd like."

Camby, 35, would be an ideal acquisition since he has one-year left on a contract with a salary-cap figure of $9.15 million, meaning he could help a team clear room for the coveted 2010 free-agent class. And, oh, did we mention that Camby, who averaged 10.3 points, 11.1 rebounds and 2.13 blocks, can still play a bit?

But Camby, with the Clippers having recently somehow been able to move Zach Randolph's huge contract to Memphis, doesn't believe he will be dealt.

"I actually talked to Mike a few days ago, and he asked me about free agents," Camby said. "It looks like I'll still be there. ... I don't want to put words in his mouth, but he made it seem like I was still going to be around."

Camby, who was devastated at being traded last summer from Denver to the Clippers, said he would have no problem remaining in Los Angeles. But, if a trade to a contender were to surface, he wouldn't be too torn up about it.

"I definitely wouldn't mind," said Camby, who made it to the NBA Finals with New York in 1999 but hasn't been on the winning end in a playoff series since 2000. "But I also feel comfortable with the situation (in Los Angeles). Last year, we were hit by the injury bug and lost a lot of key players. But with Blake (Griffin, the NBA's top draft pick) coming in and Baron (Davis) coming back healthy and the talent we have, we should definitely be a whole lot better than we were last year."

One thing is for sure. If the Clippers do look to trade to deal Camby, there will be no shortage of suitors.

loveforthegame
07-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Camby has an expiring contract that will pay him $9.15 million in 2009-10, but ultimately doesn't believe that the Clippers will trade him.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60531/20090712/clippers_receiving_calls_about_camby/

Nice to finally see what he's going to earn. So many here thought it was around 7 million instead.

We'll definitely have to include Mason along with Finley and Bonner to make it work.

Buddy Holly
07-12-2009, 11:42 PM
We'll definitely have to include Mason along with Finley and Bonner to make it work.

Nope.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kjqhal

Buddy Holly
07-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Now that's a line up!

Tony/Hill
Mason/Manu/McClinton
RJ/Hairston/Gist
Tim/Blair/Haislip
Camby/Dice

loveforthegame
07-12-2009, 11:51 PM
I'd do that trade easily but I have to wonder if the Spurs would be willing to give up on Mahinmi this early.

It's only one SL game but I'm not sure we can depend on Gist or McClinton right now. Not crazy about Barnes. Would rather have Bowen back but would Pop play him?

Buddy Holly
07-13-2009, 12:00 AM
As third options at their respective positions, I don't see the harm. As for Bruce, He's gone sadly. The Spurs are heading in a new direction.

mosdef17
07-13-2009, 03:17 AM
As third options at their respective positions, I don't see the harm. As for Bruce, He's gone sadly. The Spurs are heading in a new direction.

It is sad that Bruce is gone. But would I bring him back? Probably not. I think the Spurs do need to go in a new direction as the rest of the league is. Even if Bruce is signed he will only play 15mins per game and with that second unit he wouldn't be too good because he wouldn't be surrounded by Duncan and Parker and Jefferson to make up for his lack of offense. I'm so happy we had Bruce for all those year, I thank him. He was fantastic but I'm sorry there does come a time where a professional relationship just needs to be laid to rest.

poeticism707
07-13-2009, 05:54 AM
He would seriously put the Spurs over the top, FOR SURE.

And for Finley, Bonner, the young prospect Marcus Williams (trade idea belongs to Buddy Holly!), throw in a 1st round pick if necessary, and the Clips should JUMP at that offer, as they're going to lose Camby at year's end for nothing. Getting the young Williams AND a first round pick is really converting Camby into something. I also wouldn't hesitate to throw in Mason (though I'd hate to do it) if the Clips really wanted him, because it's not everyday you can land a big like Camby, on a already great team to boot.

Now's the not the time for the Spurs to back off their most successful summer in almost a decade. If they could wrangle Camby from the Clips BEFORE the February trade dead line, they would be set, and then some.

Heck, if the Clips wouldn't budge, I'd maybe even throw in two first round picks. Why? Because the Spurs now have plenty of solid to good young players mixed in with vets, so they won't exactly be needing those pics.

And of course, the Spurs only have 3 years or so in the Duncan window. The Spurs ABSOLUTELY CANNOT AFFORD TO WASTE A DUNCAN YEAR, as they well know.

Again, if Spurs can't get Camby, then they can't get him. But I have a feeling as those losses start to pile up, the Clips will be more and more inclined to move him for something, rather that lose him for nothing in Free Agency, as he surely will not return.

Both Boston and the Lakers are STACKED at the Center spot. That leaves only Cleveland, Dallas, and the Spurs, as it looks like Orlando will match Gortat.

With Varejo and Shaq, I tend to think the Cavs won't give up their role players as readily as the Spurs or Mavs.

That probably leave the Spurs and Mavs. Who get's Camby in that situation? Not sure: the Mavs currenly have Dampier's contract to trade, but it will likely be traded away before the Clips would be willing to trade Camby. Cuban is certainly not someone who is afraid to trade players away, however I'll go out on a limb and say being that Stackhouse is already gone for Marion, and if Dampier is already traded away for whatever piece he'll net them, then the Spurs are front runners for Camby. Mostly because the pieces that Cuban will then have, he likely won't want to trade away.

Coupled with the fact that the Spurs were THIS close to getting Camby at last season's trade deadline, and I like the Spurs to get Camby later this season, or even this summer if the Clips get trigger happy.

That's it! Added to the great roster the Spurs have, Spurs get Camby, and win the 2010 title!

:flag::flag::flag:

Ice009
07-13-2009, 06:08 AM
Two first round picks is way too much IMO.

K-State Spur
07-13-2009, 06:21 AM
camby's better than what we have, but some of you all vastly overrate him.

Darkwaters
07-13-2009, 07:39 AM
I don't know that the Clippers would be interested in Marcus Williams as a prospect like some suggest. Remember, the Clippers signed Williams to a contract a year or so ago and released him.

coyotes_geek
07-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Two first round picks is way too much IMO.

Agreed. It's one thing to give away first rounders when you know you're going to be one of the NBA elites for the next 5 years. But with the Spurs window closing they need to be careful about giving away future picks. Sure would suck to get a few years down the road and something happens where you end up having to fork over a lottery pick.

coyotes_geek
07-13-2009, 08:09 AM
I don't know that the Clippers would be interested in Marcus Williams as a prospect like some suggest. Remember, the Clippers signed Williams to a contract a year or so ago and released him.

Exactly. Williams only value would be his unguaranteed contract. Who the Clippers would very much be interested in as a prospect though is George Hill, and if the Spurs want Camby Hill is probably going to have to be in that trade package.

rascal
07-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Trade Manu straightup for Camby. Its a trade that helps both teams. The spurs need another frontline starter at center and the Clippers need a 2 guard.

Manu will not be getting big minutes as it is and by giving Hill more of those minutes at the 2 he will develop quicker. By the time the playoffs start Hill will be an impact combo guard. Also with Jefferson as a cabable scorer combined with Camby and the development of Hill that more than makes up for losing Manu's scoring. Camby would solidify the spurs frontline and give them a fighting chance against the Lakers size advantage.

coyotes_geek
07-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Uh, no.

Marcus Bryant
07-13-2009, 12:05 PM

They might be interested in his non-guaranteed contract. The Spurs could help the Clips trim a little payroll this season.

DAF86
07-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Even though we made some great moves this offseason I still think we're lacking a good 6'11'' - 7'0'' guy to block shots and be a presence inside and I think Camby is the best guy available out-there. Here's my trade proposal:

Camby for Finley, Bonner and Mason.

The Clippers are in rebulding mode so they'd welcome the expiring contracts, if they don't go for that you can add a draft pick, Splitter rights and maybe some cash conideration.

1) Would you go for that?
2) Do you think the Clippers would go for that?

DAF86
07-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Even though we made some great moves this offseason I still think we're lacking a good 6'11'' - 7'0'' guy to block shots and be a presence inside and I think Camby is the best guy available out-there. Here's my trade proposal:

Camby for Finley, Bonner and Mason

The Clippers are in rebulding mode so they'd welcome the expiring contracts, if they don't go for that you can add a draft pick, Splitter rights and maybe some cash conideration.

1) Would you go for that?
2) Do you think the Clippers would go for that?

I just realized that Camby is also an expiring contract so the Spurs should definitely add something more than just Bonner, Mason and Finley.

mosdef17
07-20-2009, 09:04 PM
You have to click save trade and then your given a link you can post. That link you posted was nothing.

DAF86
07-20-2009, 10:39 PM
You have to click save trade and then your given a link you can post. That link you posted was nothing.

Thanks for the heads up. I tried to fix it but I couldn't so I just write it down.

loveforthegame
07-20-2009, 11:07 PM
After trading for Madsen and Smith would they really need Bonner too? They have like a gazillion big men now.

MaNu4Tres
07-21-2009, 03:58 AM
After trading for Madsen and Smith would they really need Bonner too? They have like a gazillion big men now.

Madsen is irrelevant

mountainballer
07-21-2009, 09:45 AM
they might probably be somehow interested in Mason, to upgrade the shooting department and maybe also (a very little) in Ian. surly they also would like Hill, but they also have Mike Taylor and it looks as if they have high hopes for him.
if it's also about saving money (as always with Sterling) a package of Mason, Ian, Williams and Bonner for Camby and Mardy Collins works and saves the Clippers about 2.5 million immediately(if the waive Williams). I wouldn't mind to see Collins on our roster. he struggled with his previous teams, but I think he might fit well with the Spurs. (ok, the shooting is really a question mark). alongside Hill he might work well, his defense on SGs is decent, for sure better than Mason's. and he is for sure a better PG than Mason.

DaBears
07-21-2009, 09:59 AM
with the way we throw out peoples names like candy in this forum im glad none of us are the GM's in the leaque. LOL

007nites
01-25-2010, 05:37 AM
Parker
Bogans
Jefferson
Duncan
Camby

Camby has been averaging:

8.2ppg
12.0rpg
3.1apg
2.1bpg

and he's playing next to Chris Kaman. He grabbed 25 rebounds a few days ago.

Spursfanfromafar
01-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Now that Blake Griffin is injured, dont' think Camby will be available..

But if he indeed is - a trade featuring Finley, Mason & Mahinmi for Camby works -

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yh2rgdl

spurs50_
01-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Isn't Camby older then dirt?

L.I.T
01-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Very original idea.

exstatic
01-25-2010, 07:48 AM
Camby thread!!

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-25-2010, 07:48 AM
Now that Blake Griffin is injured, dont' think Camby will be available..

But if he indeed is - a trade featuring Finley, Mason & Mahinmi for Camby works -

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yh2rgdl

Why would the Clippers do it? They're not the grizzlies and we're not the Lakers.

Chieflion
01-25-2010, 07:51 AM
One every week, baby. Camby thread!

007nites
01-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Isn't Camby older then dirt?

Isn't Steve Nash the same age....

ploto
01-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Pop wouldn't play him either....

DesignatedT
01-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Should be

Tony
Hill
Manu
Duncan
Camby

Mason
Dyess
Blair
Bogans

Bonner Jefferson Ratliff spot minutes

Spursfanfromafar
01-26-2010, 10:40 AM
From what I've heard you are right, but it doesn't make any sense to me. A) The Clippers will not make the playoffs. B) Camby is in his mid 30s, so he is not a part of their future and C) the Clippers have a chance to add to their young core with a draft pick(in a very deep draft) or get a young talent in need of playing time (i.e. Mahinmi).

Fair Point.

But the Clips have a GM who is also the coach - Mike Dun(ce)leavy. If they give up Camby, they get into a greater losing rut and since the GM can't fire the coach, he has to keep winning, even if it is not enough and doesn't take them to the playoffs. Plus they have a shitty owner who would salivate at Camby's expiring more than getting a big like Mahinmi in the future.

And so...

lotr1trekkie
02-08-2010, 09:32 PM
The Spurs need a big who can block shots and rebound. Scoring is not a problem. The Clips are going nowhere as usual. Camby is the answer. The trade would be for expiring contracts not talent. The guy could make the second unit awesome.

DesignatedT
ok

benefactor
No.

ajballer4
02-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Camby trade thread #352

Allanon
02-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Spurs don't need another 35+ year old player...they already have a few.

ElNono
02-08-2010, 09:35 PM
Ibtl

007nites
02-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Camby is second in the league in rebounding and top ten in blocked shots. What more do we need? Plus he is doing this well playing behind Chris Kaman.