PDA

View Full Version : Dear Admin.

TheSpursFNRule
04-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Seriously can you delete any thread involving "Pop is an idiot" etc. Im so sick of it, its ruining a good message board. Someone on here put it the best, he won us 4 championships! i'll except 4 years of shit coaching before I get mad at this guy. Grow the fuck up its really getting old. Our roster is the problem you fucking idiots, have you watched our offensive production? A lack of talent on the offensive end is not a coaches fault. CHECK YOURSELF.

ploto
04-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Considering Pop is a big part of all the personnel moves kind of negates your opinion

SA210
04-29-2009, 12:48 AM
He is an idiot!

VaSpursFan
04-29-2009, 12:50 AM
pop gave us one of his shittiest coaching performances this year. some of the things he did was mind boggling. won't say he's an idiot, but he's got to alter his style going into next season.

and just because he has 4 rings, doesn't mean he gets a pass when he does idiotic shit...

TheSpursFNRule
04-29-2009, 12:56 AM
pop gave us one of his shittiest coaching performances this year. some of the things he did was mind boggling. won't say he's an idiot, but he's got to alter his style going into next season.

and just because he has 4 rings, doesn't mean he gets a pass when he does idiotic shit...

but his roster is old as hell...yeah his coaching performance wasn't as good as other years. But why is he an idiot? Think about some of the things he accomplished even last year. He isn't a has been he's just struggling with an old team and there rotations. Why betray his trust and call him an idiot? It just seems so unfair.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2009, 01:11 AM
Go back and read the posts. There are several posters on this board that have a much better grasp of the abilities of this roster than the head coach does, clear back to Nazr's three pointer. Pop deserves the "idiot" label simply for his love of all things Michael Finley.

TheSpursFNRule
04-29-2009, 01:21 AM
Go back and read the posts. There are several posters on this board that have a much better grasp of the abilities of this roster than the head coach does, clear back to Nazr's three pointer. Pop deserves the "idiot" label simply for his love of all things Michael Finley.

If he fucks up again next year. Than he deserves the "idiot' title.

SouthTexasRancher
04-29-2009, 01:22 AM
Seriously can you delete any thread involving "Pop is an idiot" etc. Im so sick of it, its ruining a good message board. Someone on here put it the best, he won us 4 championships! i'll except 4 years of shit coaching before I get mad at this guy. Grow the fuck up its really getting old. Our roster is the problem you fucking idiots, have you watched our offensive production? A lack of talent on the offensive end is not a coaches fault. CHECK YOURSELF.

You appear to be an Oxy-Moron. Do you even read what you type?

And then this last statement by you..."A lack of talent on the offensive end is not a coaches fault". Uh Duh, who do you think has the FINAL say on who the players are? I take it you don't really follow the game of basketball? Especially the Spurs!!!

CubanSucks
04-29-2009, 01:22 AM

Fuck yeah, that's me! Look, you're not going to out argue these idiots. I'd like to compare them to a bunch of 5 yr olds damning their parents for getting them a sweater for their birthday while forgetting that the year before they got them an XBOX 360

peskypesky
04-29-2009, 01:25 AM
My ass could coach better than Poopavitch. Put him out to pasture.

50Bestspurever
04-29-2009, 01:26 AM
I worship at the church of pop, BUT he fucked big time with his comments of george hill and his playoff ready abilities. Huge fuck up.. And his love for bonner also sux.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2009, 01:28 AM
If he fucks up again next year. Than he deserves the "idiot' title.

For those of us paying attention, the clock started in 2006.

timvp
04-29-2009, 01:31 AM
Pop wasn't at his best this season. Even if he won't admit it, his coaching in this final game all but admitted his mistakes.

It happens. Players can have bad stretches. Coaches can have bad stretches.

Thankfully Pop has shown an ability to adapt, especially when he's backed into a corner. I wouldn't even consider the thought of firing him and I fully expect him to come back next year with better coaching success.

TheSpursFNRule
04-29-2009, 01:33 AM
Ok the majority really doesn't like him. Im done convincing.

Chomag
04-29-2009, 01:41 AM

I for one don't realy want Pop fired. I just want the old Pop back.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2009, 01:41 AM

Nothing speaks louder than the mistakes he's made. Just look at the last two seasons: Bowen covering Peja last year (Spurs fans called for it way before Pop figured it out), and Bowen and Hill this season. It has nothing to do with dislike for him, it has to do with calling him out for his mistakes just like we'd do with anyone else. If Timmy were mailing it in I'd call him out, and wouldn't expect there to be a bunch of calls to have the threads deleted because I've never posted up in the NBA.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2009, 01:42 AM
i for one don't realy want pop fired. I just want the old pop back.

qft

SA210
04-29-2009, 01:45 AM
For those of us paying attention, the clock started in 2006.

I swear I was about to say this.

whottt
04-29-2009, 01:46 AM
You won't get anyone better than Pop and while a lot of this is on him...not all of it is.

I understand ripping Pop but he's arguably the most important person in the history of the Spurs, and if you are going to rip for him his role on the GM side of things, then he deserves credit for all the years he's been successful, with pretty much less resources than any other guy winning championhips lately.

So no, don't fire Pop. Fire his role players and hope he doesn't get his first choice again.

In any case, Pop has won enough to where he has earned the right to say when he's going to call it a day.

And we aren't going to get anyone better...

Obstructed_View
04-29-2009, 02:05 AM
You won't get anyone better than Pop and while a lot of this is on him...not all of it is.

I understand ripping Pop but he's arguably the most important person in the history of the Spurs, and if you are going to rip for him his role on the GM side of things, then he deserves credit for all the years he's been successful, with pretty much less resources than any other guy winning championhips lately.

So no, don't fire Pop. Fire his role players and hope he doesn't get his first choice again.

In any case, Pop has won enough to where he has earned the right to say when he's going to call it a day.

I'd be perfectly happy if he just gets over himself and pulls his head out of his ass. I don't think I've seriously said or typed the words "Fire Pop" since about 2002, but I've come damn close to thinking it more than once in the last three years. This experiment with offense over defense, jacking up shots and small lineups has got to finally be declared a dismal embarrassing failure and be put to rest.

Mel_13
04-29-2009, 02:13 AM

:tu

Can anyone seriously imagine Tim Duncan playing for another coach? I can't see that happening any more than I could see TD being traded. To echo what you said, they have both earned the right to say when it is over.

celldweller
04-29-2009, 02:17 AM

Pop is that you? Sorry pal, you were an IDIOT this year.

TheSpursFNRule
04-29-2009, 02:38 AM
Pop is that you? Sorry pal, you were an IDIOT this year.

Yo. Nice one.

Xylus
04-29-2009, 02:39 AM
Pop's the biggest reason why San Antonio has four titles, you ungrateful assholes.

BAH!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 02:40 AM
Pop's the biggest reason why San Antonio has four titles, you ungrateful assholes.

BAH!

What he said.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2009, 02:41 AM
People are just lashing out and venting. It's what they do. They take it the extreme sometimes.

peskypesky
04-29-2009, 02:42 AM

I'd take Avery Johnson over Pop.

Xylus
04-29-2009, 02:42 AM
People are just lashing out and venting. It's what they do. They take it the extreme sometimes.

I understand that, but this Pop hatred has been going on for awhile.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-29-2009, 02:46 AM

BAH!

It's sad how fans of other teams see what some Spurs fans can't.

TheSpursFNRule
04-29-2009, 02:47 AM
Everytime this team loses ten topics shitting on Pop appear. Its pretty pathetic.

roGerM
04-29-2009, 02:54 AM
I'd take Avery Johnson over Pop.
I'd take PJ for next season and leave a Pop resting and have him back for 2010/2011

Cry Havoc
04-29-2009, 02:59 AM
I hope we see George Hill get more playing time next year. The kid has real potential.

Pop seriously needs to drop his "veterans first" ideology. Go get us some young legs, and some guys who can actually hit a wide-the-hell-open jumper.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2009, 03:10 AM
I understand that, but this Pop hatred has been going on for awhile.

It's been going on since Pop was the coach. It's what Spurs fans do after losses. Blame Pop. Blame Tony. Blame (whatever shooter sucked for the night).

Obstructed_View
04-29-2009, 03:33 AM

BAH!

If you mean that Pop's the biggest reason why San Antonio has four titles and not five or six, then I'm inclined to agree. If you mean that Pop's the biggest reason the Spurs even have four, then I'd submit that Tim Duncan might take issue with that if he lacked the class to ignore such a fucking ignorant comment.

Xylus
04-29-2009, 03:47 AM
If you mean that Pop's the biggest reason why San Antonio has four titles and not five or six, then I'm inclined to agree. If you mean that Pop's the biggest reason the Spurs even have four, then I'd submit that Tim Duncan might take issue with that if he lacked the class to ignore such a fucking ignorant comment.

Say what you want about the greatness of Tim Duncan, but your team doesn't win 4 titles without a great coach like Popovich. A championship team can exist with great on-court leadership, but a dynasty (or semi-dynasty or whatever you consider the Spurs to be) can't exist without an excellent coach who can create an unwavering defensive identity for his team. The only coach in the league who probably could have won more than 4 rings with this squad is Phil Jackson, and that's extremely debatable.

But I'll concede that Tim Duncan is equally as important. Not more so.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2009, 04:07 AM
Say what you want about the greatness of Tim Duncan, but your team doesn't win 4 titles without a great coach like Popovich. A championship team can exist with great on-court leadership, but a dynasty (or semi-dynasty or whatever you consider the Spurs to be) can't exist without an excellent coach who can create an unwavering defensive identity for his team. The only coach in the league who probably could have won more than 4 rings with this squad is Phil Jackson, and that's extremely debatable.

But I'll concede that Tim Duncan is equally as important. Not more so.

This team has zero titles without Tim Duncan. Zero. None. Not one. It's a fucking insult to Duncan to make any kind of implication otherwise.

Now let's clarify some of my observations about Popovich, as I'm likely to be questioned about it going forward:

Pop did an absolutely excellent job of developing the defensive mentality of this squad since he's been here. The courage to start intangible guys like Bowen or Nesterovic when most people wouldn't be able to see past their box scores cannot be overstated.

His complete lack of panic in any situation created much of the mindset this team has had during deep playoff runs and critical end of game situations.

He brought in young guys like Charles Smith and Stephen Jackson and Devin Brown and Manu and Parker and gave them some rope to earn their way into the rotation, and got quality minutes from vets by not overplaying them.

Every season he played around with the rosters to find combinations of guys that played well together and solidified the rotations somewhere between the all-star break and March, usually resulting in a big winning streak as the Spurs ratcheted down their defense. By the playoffs the Spurs were honed to a fine edge on both sides of the ball.

Three of the last four years, those things haven't been so certain. I've said I don't want to see Pop leave the organization, but the change the last few years has been a marked departure from the formula, and those of us that notice it are concerned.

SA210
04-29-2009, 10:57 AM

Exactly :tu

sananspursfan21
04-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Pop wasn't at his best this season. Even if he won't admit it, his coaching in this final game all but admitted his mistakes.

It happens. Players can have bad stretches. Coaches can have bad stretches.

Thankfully Pop has shown an ability to adapt, especially when he's backed into a corner. I wouldn't even consider the thought of firing him and I fully expect him to come back next year with better coaching success.

i like this thread, and this post was very well put. pop is staying so everybody needs to get over it

samikeyp
04-29-2009, 11:03 AM
He's a genius when they win and an idiot when they lose. Such is life at SpursTalk. :)