PDA

View Full Version : Former Spur: Tiago Splitter

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

ChumpDumper
05-21-2010, 02:17 PM
and 1 was sickIf he can knock down high post shots like that regularly, that could be very nice.

scottspurs
05-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Spitter has a nice stroke on his free throws

Maddog
05-21-2010, 02:25 PM
very good footwork. Moves his feet and body well

TIMMYD!
05-21-2010, 02:27 PM
and 1 was sick

Yeah, it was.

scottspurs
05-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Very strong post move right there, but that will get stuffed in the nba.

scottspurs
05-21-2010, 02:33 PM
He needed to use the glass on that last shot

scottspurs
05-21-2010, 02:35 PM
15 pt lead splitter probably done

scottspurs
05-21-2010, 02:40 PM
13 pts, 11 rbs, and 5 asts in 28 minutes. Very solid game. You can only hope the spurs bring this guy over he is definitely a player.

ffadicted
05-21-2010, 02:43 PM
lol making a comeback here man

edit: lol nvm everybody draining short 3's. Fuck the euro game is perimeter centered (unless this is a bad example), I wonder how splitter will fare in a more halfcourt, inside centered system with the spurs. Could only be better

scottspurs
05-21-2010, 02:44 PM
lol making a comeback here man

Yeah i spoke to soon and splitter is back in

TIMMYD!
05-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Damn, every other shot they take is a 3.

scottspurs
05-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Came back in and added two spur like unselfish clutch assists. BOOM

yavozerb
05-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Came back in and added two spur like unselfish clutch assists. BOOM

I think his passing is one of the main reasons him and TD will be able to play on the court together..

scottspurs
05-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Damn, every other shot they take is a 3.

Yeah, I think Splitter would enjoy the NBA game a lot more where they actually feed the post. Off to watch the Nando De Colo game.

taps
05-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Tiago's skillset is an almost perfect fit for the spurs. When Kobe said Pau was that perfect big man fit for Laker system, there's a similar parallel for *Tiago-Spurs IMO.

*(I am under delusion Tiago is as good as Gasol, just comparing situations.)

beachwood
05-21-2010, 04:40 PM
This is the first time I've seen Splitter play, besides watching highlight clips. He moves well. Better than I imagined he would. Makes good passes out of double teams too. Want to watch more games of his before I make my evaluations though.

Spurs Brazil
05-23-2010, 11:34 AM
During yesterday broadcast of Celtics-Magic, Eduardo Agra, of ESPN Brasil, who was broadcasting the game, said he talked with Tiago's agent and he said they are already talking with the Spurs.

yavozerb
05-23-2010, 01:08 PM
During yesterday broadcast of Celtics-Magic, Eduardo Agra, of ESPN Brasil, who was broadcasting the game, said he talked with Tiago's agent and he said they are already talking with the Spurs.

I am sure the spurs want to get an verbal agreement ASAP so they can decide on what future moves to possibly do and are probably pushing the Splitter camp pretty hard (which they should be). This is good news I think.

mogrovejo
05-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Bad game for Splitter today (struggled with foul trouble most of the game, never got into a rhythm) event though he still punished Estudiantes for doubling him every time.

His team was still pretty impressive though, I think they're going to the finals with Barcelona.

TIMMYD!
05-23-2010, 03:33 PM
I am sure the spurs want to get an verbal agreement ASAP so they can decide on what future moves to possibly do and are probably pushing the Splitter camp pretty hard (which they should be). This is good news I think.

I think it is great news, better to start sooner than later so that we know what type of player to get in the draft.

Manufan909
05-23-2010, 06:49 PM
So who did Caja play that everyone was posting about? I want to watch it when I get home tomorrow. Bruno, will the game be on the link you posted a couple weeks ago?

Mel_13
05-23-2010, 06:54 PM
So who did Caja play that everyone was posting about? I want to watch it when I get home tomorrow. Bruno, will the game be on the link you posted a couple weeks ago?

Game 1:

http://acb360.orange.es/diferidos/LACB/54/308

Game 2:

http://acb360.orange.es/diferidos/LACB/54/312

Mel_13
05-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Schedule for semi-finals v. Real Madrid

May 28
May 30
June 2
June 4
June 6

Best of 5, games 1, 2, and 5 at home.

http://www.acb.com/

yavozerb
05-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Schedule for semi-finals v. Real Madrid

May 28
May 30
June 2
June 4
June 6

Best of 5, games 1, 2, and 5 at home.

http://www.acb.com/

For those bored at work or at home, game 1 will be starting up shortly..
Splitter should be matched up against Tomic, should be a good game

DesignatedT
05-28-2010, 01:19 PM
For those bored at work or at home, game 1 will be starting up shortly..
Splitter should be matched up against Tomic, should be a good game

here is the link for everyone.

http://acb360.orange.es/partidos/LACB/54/320

yavozerb
05-28-2010, 01:56 PM
6 pts, 7 rbs, 3 asts for tiago in the first half and he played very good defense as well. Caja is down 34-26 at half. Tiago had a horrible turnover right before the half though that really hurt caja.

yavozerb
05-28-2010, 01:56 PM
6 pts, 7 rbs, 3 asts for tiago in the first half and he played very good defense as well. Tiago had a horrible turnover right before the half though that really hurt caja.

DesignatedT
05-28-2010, 02:00 PM
First Half: 6 pts 8 rebs 3 assist so far for Splitter.

Real Madrid : 34
Caja Laboral: 26

2nd half about to start.

who is the favorite in this game anyway? or the seeding regarding the teams left.

Mel_13
05-28-2010, 02:06 PM
First Half: 6 pts 8 rebs 3 assist so far for Splitter.

Real Madrid : 34
Caja Laboral: 26

2nd half about to start.

who is the favorite in this game anyway? or the seeding regarding the teams left.

Caja is the #2 seed and Real is the #3 seed. Both teams finished with records of 27-7. The other semifinal is between the #1 seed, Barcelona (31-3), and the #5 seed, Unicaja (19-15).

DesignatedT
05-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Caja is the #2 seed and Real is the #3 seed. Both teams finished with records of 27-7. The other semifinal is between the #1 seed, Barcelona (31-3), and the #5 seed, Unicaja (19-15).

ace3g
05-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Splitter and Caja win a close game 62-60; Real Madrid had a chance to win the game but their last shot attempt missed and Caja got the rebound

kobyz
05-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Tiago defense was amazing!

ChumpDumper
05-28-2010, 03:19 PM
From what I saw it was a pretty strong game all around for Splitter.

ace3g
05-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Yeah Splitter definitely knows how to work the PnR. Sometimes he disguises like he is going to roll to the basket then move further toward the perimeter to give his teammate room to go to the basket.

His defense was good today as well. Doesn't look like he gets pushed around by bigger players in the post.

ChumpDumper
05-28-2010, 03:33 PM
That's really my only beef as well. His movement and passing on offense were really nice.

DesignatedT
05-28-2010, 04:43 PM
From the game I liked how Splitter moved with and without the ball. He had a great 1st half defensively and on the glass and in the 3rd quarter really came out aggressive. Caja didn't seem to give him many touches down the stretch and in the 4th quarter but his Defense was still solid. His passing ability is very good for a big man including his passing out of the double team. Him and Duncan should be able to play some nice High-Low ball with both of them being able to pass the ball great for big men. His free throw stroke looks a little weird but they seem to go in and he looks comfortable shooting them.

Overall I could see him fitting in well here and with our type of offense. That European ball is a lot different and for much of the game hes rolling around the perimeter which won't happen here. I'm looking forward to the day when we hopefully make this official.

TD 21
05-28-2010, 07:18 PM
I know he's only 25, but is anyone else even mildly concerned about fatigue at this point? Not now, but next season around this time, when the Spurs hope to be in the midst of the WCF? If they're to be in that position, they'll need him to play a relatively big part, I presume. I'm wondering if at some point he'll wear down.

Think about it. He's still playing now, he's going to play for his national team this summer and all that will comes before (assuming he signs) going through the grind that is the NBA season. Keep in mind, this is a guy who has an injury history as well.

yavozerb
05-28-2010, 07:38 PM
I know he's only 25, but is anyone else even mildly concerned about fatigue at this point? Not now, but next season around this time, when the Spurs hope to be in the midst of the WCF? If they're to be in that position, they'll need him to play a relatively big part, I presume. I'm wondering if at some point he'll wear down.

Think about it. He's still playing now, he's going to play for his national team this summer and all that will comes before (assuming he signs) going through the grind that is the NBA season. Keep in mind, this is a guy who has an injury history as well.

Not really, since the spanish league regular season is only around 35 games and each playoff series is best of with only 3 possible rounds. I am sure he will fill full the effect (just like any rookie) of an NBA season.

yavozerb
05-28-2010, 08:42 PM
http://acbtv.acb.com/video/2950

highlights from game 1 vs. real madrid

Mel_13
05-28-2010, 08:53 PM

Not really, since the spanish league regular season is only around 35 games and each playoff series is best of with only 3 possible rounds. I am sure he will fill full the effect (just like any rookie) of an NBA season.

In addition to what yavozerb had to say, we have two recent examples of bigs who played in the ACB playoffs, for their NT, and then played their NBA rookie season.

Scola in 2007 played all 82 games and just over 2000 minutes. Marc Gasol in 2008 played in all 82 games and just over 2500 minutes.

His history of nagging injuries is, of course, some cause for concern.

Big P
05-28-2010, 09:08 PM

So what should we do...not try to sign him because he might be fatigued?

Libri
05-28-2010, 10:33 PM

Nope, not a bit concerned about him being tired. The only thing that might be of concern is his injuries. He seems to be injury prone. Nevertheless, the Spurs need to take a chance with him.

Muser
05-29-2010, 04:24 PM
He's a damn good passer for a big man. Him and Timmy would be an awesome passing duo.

TD 21
05-29-2010, 04:46 PM
In addition to what yavozerb had to say, we have two recent examples of bigs who played in the ACB playoffs, for their NT, and then played their NBA rookie season.

Scola in 2007 played all 82 games and just over 2000 minutes. Marc Gasol in 2008 played in all 82 games and just over 2500 minutes.

Scola and Gasol weren't on teams with serious aspirations of making a deep run and ultimately winning it all.

So what should we do...not try to sign him because he might be fatigued?

Yeah, that's exactly what I was alluding to.

Nope, not a bit concerned about him being tired. The only thing that might be of concern is his injuries. He seems to be injury prone. Nevertheless, the Spurs need to take a chance with him.

It's not even a chance, it's a no brainer. All I'm asking is are any of you concerned that by, say, mid-late May (if they're still playing by then next season and he's on the team), he might wear down and have a drop in his performance?

BronxCowboy
05-29-2010, 04:51 PM
It's not even a chance, it's a no brainer. All I'm asking is are any of you concerned that by, say, mid-late May (if they're still playing by then next season and he's on the team), he might wear down and have a drop in his performance?

Would playing into late May/June deter you from pursuing a quality free agent say from an NBA team that made it to the finals? After all, I'm sure they're fatigued.

Mel_13
05-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Scola and Gasol weren't on teams with serious aspirations of making a deep run and ultimately winning it all.

First, I'd say that's irrelevant unless you believe that playing 2000-2500 minutes for a lesser team is less likely to cause fatigue that playing a similar number for a better one, but I'll leave that one alone.

Second, Scola joined a team that had 52 wins in the prior season and went on to win 55 games in his rookie season. Splitter will join a team that won 50 games in the prior and will go on to win ____games in his rookie season. So dismissing the Scola example is clearly not supported by the facts.

TD 21
05-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Would playing into late May/June deter you from pursuing a quality free agent say from an NBA team that made it to the finals? After all, I'm sure they're fatigued.

Where are you guys getting this from? I asked if anyone was mildly concerned; I never said a thing about re-considering signing him. Like I said, it's a no brainer.

First, I'd say that's irrelevant unless you believe that playing 2000-2500 minutes for a lesser team is less likely to cause fatigue that playing a similar number for a better one, but I'll leave that one alone.

Second, Scola joined a team that had 52 wins in the prior season and went on to win 55 games in his rookie season. Splitter will join a team that won 50 games in the prior and will go on to win ____games in his rookie season. So dismissing the Scola example is clearly not supported by the facts.

It's not just the minutes, it's how long his season could potentially be. Scola's rookie season ended end of April. Once again, I'm talking about how Splitter would hold up in mid-late May and possibly into June (if the Spurs lasted that long, obviously). It's not just more games, it's more playoff games and many have said one playoff game is the equivalent of two regular season games.

I don't need your numbers. I'm well aware of the situation Scola jumped into and of the one Splitter may jump into. The reality of the situation is the Rockets didn't have a championship caliber team in 07-08; the Spurs might in 10-11.

Mel_13
05-29-2010, 05:34 PM
I don't need your numbers. I'm well aware of the situation Scola jumped into and of the one Splitter may jump into. The reality of the situation is the Rockets didn't have a championship caliber team in '08; the Spurs might in '10.

TD21 has spoken. No need for further discussion, introduction of facts or alternate theories or opinions.

:toast

TD 21
05-29-2010, 05:53 PM
You thought you'd spew numbers I was unaware of and I'd bow down and go, "Scola and Splitter are entering similar situations"...only I didn't, because they aren't.

How is that the same as the Scola's rookie season, genius?

Mel_13
05-29-2010, 05:56 PM
You thought you'd spew numbers I was unaware of and I'd bow down and go, "Scola and Splitter are entering similar situations"...only I didn't, because they aren't.

How is that the same as the Scola's rookie season, genius?

My default response to your comments will now be:

+1

BronxCowboy
05-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what I was alluding to.

Where are you guys getting this from? I asked if anyone was mildly concerned; I never said a thing about re-considering signing him.

Excuse me please if I missed your sarcasm. I don't always get it on the first read.

TD 21
05-29-2010, 06:00 PM
My default response to your comments will now be:

+1

Way to attempt to conceal the fact that you've conceded. Nice try, genius.

Excuse me please if I missed your sarcasm. I don't always get it on the first read.

It was sarcasm. I've repeatedly said it's a no brainer to sign Splitter.

Mel_13
05-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Way to attempt to conceal the fact that you've conceded. Nice try, genius.

There's nothing here worth debating. My first post in response to your question wasn't offered to take any opposing point of view, but to add something to the conversation. You're the one who responded with condescension. I responded to your condescension with sarcasm.

You're right. Clearly there are no parallels between Scola's situation in 2007 and Splitter's potential situation in 2010. No parallel whatsoever. I was wrong, you were right. I concede to your superior knowledge and interpretation of the relative strengths of the players and teams involved. You win.

TD 21
05-29-2010, 06:17 PM
If there's nothing worth debating here, then run along sideshow Mel. What was this then, just another attempt to have a argument with me? Other than extreme arrogance, that seems to be your M.O.

Did I say "no parallels"? "Relative strengths of the players and teams involved"? Never got into that, either. Now you're just flat out making things up, while attempting to come off as intelligent in the process. Too bad you're failing to do so.

What I said was the Rockets weren't legitimate contenders in 07-08. The 10-11 Spurs might be. That means one was done playing in late April, while the other could be playing deep into May and possibly June. I suppose you'll now tell me that that makes no difference as far as fatigue is concerned?

Mel_13
05-29-2010, 06:24 PM
What was this then, just another attempt to have a argument with me? Other than extreme arrogance, that seems to be your M.O.

Supreme irony.

Go back and read the posts and see when it devolved from a conversation to an argument. Better yet, look at your ongoing argument in the Mahinmi thread. You're the one who can't let go without a concession.

So, I concede. I'll know better than to make any comment on anything you post unless I am in perfect agreement with what you have to say.

TD 21
05-29-2010, 06:37 PM
TD21 has spoken. No need for further discussion, introduction of facts or alternate theories or opinions.

It was this post that this devolved from a conversation to an argument. Yet another example of your extreme arrogance, this time in the form of sarcasm. The issue? I essentially told you your comparison was a bad one and pointed out the primary difference between the two situations. You couldn't take the fact that someone wasn't impressed with what you brought to the table.

Supreme irony.

Go back and read the posts and see when it devolved from a conversation to an argument. Better yet, look at your ongoing argument in the Mahinmi thread. You're the one who can't let go without a concession.

So, I concede. I'll know better than to make any comment on anything you post unless I am in perfect agreement with what you have to say.

Somehow I knew you'd bring up the Mahinmi thread. I'm not surprised, since you're desperate to have some of your yes men come into this thread and back you. The Mahinmi thread has nothing to do with letting go, it's based on one person not understanding the other.

I know you concede. All this ongoing talk is just an attempt to change the subject. It's not about agreeing with me, because, you like many, lack basic reading comprehension skills. I never said "I think Splitter will be fatigued if the Spurs make the WCF next season" or "I know Splitter will be fatigued if the Spurs make the WCF next season". I asked, "is anyone mildly concerned he will be fatigued if the Spurs make the WCF next season?" Based on all you've written, I'll take it you're not. That's fine, but don't act like Scola rookie season which finished in April is the same as the situation I'm describing.

Mel_13
05-29-2010, 06:39 PM
it was this post that this devolved from a conversation to an argument. Yet another example of your extreme arrogance, this time in the form of sarcasm. The issue? I essentially told you your comparison was a bad one and pointed out the primary difference between the two situations. You couldn't take the fact that someone wasn't impressed with what you brought to the table.

Somehow i knew you'd bring up the mahinmi thread. I'm not surprised, since you're desperate to have some of your yes men come into this thread and back you. The mahinmi thread has nothing to do with letting go, it's based on one person not understanding the other.

I know you concede. All this ongoing talk is just an attempt to change the subject. It's not about agreeing with me, because, you like many, lack basic reading comprehension skills. I never said "i think splitter will be fatigued if the spurs make the wcf next season" or "i know splitter will be fatigued if the spurs make the wcf next season". I asked, "is anyone mildly concerned he will be fatigued if the spurs make the wcf next season?" based on all you've written, i'll take it you're not. That's fine, but don't act like scola rookie season which finished in april is the same as the situation i'm describing.

+1

TD 21
05-29-2010, 06:44 PM
That's exactly how this conversation devolved into an argument. It's really a one sided argument, because all I asked was "how are the two situations the same?" You followed that up by dodging the question and being sarcastic, which was a clear sign that you had conceded.

Clearly, the Scola situation and the situation I am describing are different. That's not opinion; that's fact. You can argue until you're blue in the face, the reality is Scola didn't play into late May in his rookie season.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2010, 06:47 PM
I think there is enough time between playoff games to effectively negate any difference in fatigue between late April and late May.

Mel_13
05-29-2010, 06:52 PM
That's exactly how this conversation devolved into an argument. It's really a one sided argument, because all I asked was "how are the two situations the same?" You followed that up by dodging the question and being sarcastic, which was a clear sign that you had conceded.

Clearly, the Scola situation and the situation I am describing are different. That's not opinion; that's fact. You can argue until you're blue in the face, the reality is Scola didn't play into late May in his rookie season.

:lol

You're the only one who is arguing. You're the only who has been arguing for quite some time now. How many times must I concede to your superior knowledge and reasoning before you accept my concession? Do you not see the irony in continuing to make your case long after I have conceded, while at the same time accusing me of being invested in starting and maintaining the argument. Once again, I concede. This clearly was not a difference of opinion, but rather a matter resolvable by the facts. Clearly the facts you have presented have carried the day.

For what I hope will be the last time, you win.

TD 21
05-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Give it up, man. I'm not arguing and this isn't about my "superior knowledge and reasoning". This is about the fact that you tried to compare two different things and make them one and the same. Only, you're too arrogant to admit that you misunderstood what I was saying. Get over yourself.

I'm not making my case, I'm explaining the situation. You said go back and find where this devolved from conversation to argument and I did.

mogrovejo
05-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Splitter's coach is legendary for the physical preparation he gives to his team. More than one guy have asked to leave his team due to how physically demanding his practices are. If Splitter survived Ivanovic's practices, he won't have any problems with a NBA season.

This is more of a problem for younger players and rookies out of college. Plus, I doubt Splitter will be playing 38 mpg or something like that.

Mel_13
05-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Give it up, man. I'm not arguing and this isn't about my "superior knowledge and reasoning". This is about the fact that you tried to compare two different things and make them one and the same. Only, you're too arrogant to admit that you misunderstood what I was saying. Get over yourself.

I'm not making my case, I'm explaining the situation. You said go back and find where this devolved from conversation to argument and I did.

The words speak for themselves. I have no intention of editing my previous posts. As long as you do the same, they will continue to speak for themselves.

TD 21
05-29-2010, 07:02 PM
ChumperDumper and mogrovejo understood the (simple) question and answered accordingly. On top of that, they managed to do it without a hint of arrogance.

Mel_13
05-29-2010, 07:06 PM
ChumperDumper and mogrovejo understood the (simple) question and answered accordingly. On top of that, they managed to do it without a hint of arrogance.

Where is there any hint of arrogance in my initial response to the question you posed?

ChumpDumper
05-29-2010, 07:11 PM
ChumperDumper and mogrovejo understood the (simple) question and answered accordingly. On top of that, they managed to do it without a hint of arrogance.Must be an off day for both of us.

TD 21
05-29-2010, 07:11 PM
It wasn't your initial response, it was the follow up responses.

I was thinking the same thing, chumperdumper. :lol

Mel_13
05-29-2010, 07:25 PM
It wasn't your initial response, it was the follow up responses.

At this point, I will make a sincere attempt to lower the volume and make a real attempt to move beyond this and get back to talking about basketball. I hope you are willing to do the same.

You have quoted a particular post of mine as objectionable. This one:

I will readily admit that I wrote that post to be sarcastic.

That post was in response to a post of yours which included:

I don't need your numbers. I'm well aware of the situation Scola jumped into and of the one Splitter may jump into. The reality of the situation is the Rockets didn't have a championship caliber team in '08; the Spurs might in '10.

Now, perhaps you will concede that the bolded portion contains at least a hint of arrogance on your part. Maybe there was no such intent on your part. Even if there was intent on your part, I certainly raised the volume with my response.

So, I'm ready to leave this behind and move back to discussing basketball

Are you?

Blackjack
05-29-2010, 07:33 PM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/eomolina/R8skQyuV1iI/AAAAAAAAChQ/ObQ6XkdmKzo/40k%20No%20Surrender.jpg

:downspin:

TD 21
05-29-2010, 11:41 PM
At this point, I will make a sincere attempt to lower the volume and make a real attempt to move beyond this and get back to talking about basketball. I hope you are willing to do the same.

You have quoted a particular post of mine as objectionable. This one:

I will readily admit that I wrote that post to be sarcastic.

That post was in response to a post of yours which included:

Now, perhaps you will concede that the bolded portion contains at least a hint of arrogance on your part. Maybe there was no such intent on your part. Even if there was intent on your part, I certainly raised the volume with my response.

So, I'm ready to leave this behind and move back to discussing basketball

Are you?

That's what I've been trying to do all along. Glad to see you've joined in.

There was no such intent on my part and you certainly did raise the volume. Good on you for owning up to it...finally (sorry, I couldn't resist).

My point was you acted as if because the win totals were similar (Rockets was actually higher) that that meant each team was/will be entering the season expecting to legitimately compete for a championship. But really, were the '08 Rockets legitimately expecting to compete for a championship? I don't think they were and even in the event they were, that was really irrelevant to what I was asking.

All I was saying was the Rockets season ended in late April. How do you think Splitter will hold up in late May and possibly into June next season, coming off of playing deep into this season and playing for the national team over the summer?

Mel_13
05-30-2010, 12:00 AM
That's what I've been trying to do all along. Glad to see you've joined in.

There was no such intent on my part and you certainly did raise the volume. Good on you for owning up to it...finally (sorry, I couldn't resist).

My point was you acted as if because the win totals were similar (Rockets was actually higher) that that meant each team was/will be entering the season expecting to legitimately compete for a championship. But really, were the '08 Rockets legitimately expecting to compete for a championship? I don't think they were and even in the event they were, that was really irrelevant to what I was asking.

All I was saying was the Rockets season ended in late April. How do you think Splitter will hold up in late May and possibly into June next season, coming off of playing deep into this season and playing for the national team over the summer?

So, you do see how it could have been taken as such even if there was no intent?(sorry, couldn't resist either).

As to the Splitter discussion, I understood your point all along and never intended to contradict it. You'll have to accept that just as you feel that I didn't follow your point, I also felt that you didn't follow mine.

To respond directly without revisiting the earlier discussion. Of course, doubt exists as to how Splitter will hold up as he adjusts to life in America, the brutally long NBA season and the ridiculous schedule that will have him playing 5 games in 5 different cities in a week, and then a post season that could extend the season by more than 20 high stakes games. It will be uncharted territory for him and playing for the NT doesn't help matters.

For now, though, the only real concern I have about Tiago Splitter is whether or not he will sign an NBA contract to play for the San Antonio Spurs. We'll only get the answers to all the other questions about how skilled and durable he can be in the NBA after the biggest question is answered.

TD 21
05-30-2010, 12:13 AM
So, you do see how it could have been taken as such even if there was no intent?(sorry, couldn't resist either).

As to the Splitter discussion, I understood your point all along and never intended to contradict it. You'll have to accept that just as you feel that I didn't follow your point, I also felt that you didn't follow mine.

To respond directly without revisiting the earlier discussion. Of course, doubt exists as to how Splitter will hold up as he adjusts to life in America, the brutally long NBA season and the ridiculous schedule that will have him playing 5 games in 5 different cities in a week, and then a post season that could extend the season by more than 20 high stakes games. It will be uncharted territory for him and playing for the NT doesn't help matters.

For now, though, the only real concern I have about Tiago Splitter is whether or not he will sign an NBA contract to play for the San Antonio Spurs. We'll only get the answers to all the other questions about how skilled and durable he can be in the NBA after the biggest question is answered.

Yeah. It's easy for things to get lost in translation on a message board.

How did I not follow your point?

I agree with the part in bold. I know that we'll only get those answers after the fact. It was just a question. A lot of what we're doing here is projecting, predicting, etc.

Mel_13
05-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Yeah. It's easy for things to get lost in translation on a message board.

How did I not follow your point?

I agree with the part in bold. I know that we'll only get those answers after the fact. It was just a question. A lot of what we're doing here is projecting, predicting, etc.

I don't know that you didn't, more a perception on my part. Just as you said that you believed I wasn't following your points, when I'm very certain that I was. As you said, things get lost in translation. Now that we've returned to to a normal conversational tone and found a major point of agreement, it's certainly not worth going back down that particular rabbit hole.

I'm sure that others will present themselves in the future.

Darkwaters
05-30-2010, 01:30 AM

Whats a chumperdumper?

Bruno
05-30-2010, 07:35 AM
Caja Laboral won game 2 85-80 in OT.

Splitter was damn awesome.

Muser
05-30-2010, 07:37 AM
What were his stats?

Penya
Splitter is right now the best player in ACB.
He is playing with the beast mode on.

Penya
What were his stats?

http://jornadavirtual.acb.com/htm/estadisticas/est322.htm

Muser
05-30-2010, 07:40 AM
23 points on 71% shooting...Damn..

yavozerb
05-30-2010, 08:18 AM

and 10 rebounds to go along with the 23 pts. Tiago will face ricky rubio and fran vasquez in the championship.

kobyz
05-30-2010, 08:46 AM
and 10 rebounds to go along with the 23 pts. Tiago will face ricky rubio and fran vasquez in the championship.

the series is not over yet, it's the best of 5 series!

kobyz
05-30-2010, 08:51 AM
i think Tiago will have much more hard toscore in the NBA but i very like is defense, he renind at defense a poor man Kevin Garnett, his help defense, the way he defend pick and roll and his IQ.

mathbzh
05-30-2010, 10:37 AM
How many $ would it take to bring him here?
Does the rookie scale still apply to him?

Mel_13
05-30-2010, 10:41 AM
How many $ would it take to bring him here?
Does the rookie scale still apply to him?

Rookie scale does not apply.

Spurs maximum possible offer is the full MLE.

Only Splitter knows what it will take to bring him here.

Libri
05-30-2010, 12:34 PM

That FG% is an impressive stat. During the regular season he consistently had a high FG%. I think he will be able to bring that same efficiency to the Spurs. I'm not expecting him to score frequently in the 20s but he can become an effective player in the post, especially against those teams who lack a significant presence in the paint.

benefactor
05-30-2010, 02:35 PM
We need to have a "Most Confrontational Poster" award. There is a good candidate in this thread.

ChumpDumper
05-30-2010, 04:39 PM
We need to have a "Most Confrontational Poster" award. There is a good candidate in this thread.No there isn't.

Shut up.

benefactor
05-30-2010, 05:47 PM
No there isn't.

Shut up.
Ok...perhaps there are two good candidates in this thread. :)

Blackjack
05-30-2010, 10:42 PM
We need to have a "Most Confrontational Poster" award. There is a good candidate in this thread.

6ryLjA_tqk8

TD 21, that's what; you're my boy, Blue! :lol

MaNu4Tres
05-31-2010, 03:48 AM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/eomolina/R8skQyuV1iI/AAAAAAAAChQ/ObQ6XkdmKzo/40k%20No%20Surrender.jpg

:rollin

sabar
05-31-2010, 05:02 AM

:rollin
Well done.

Mel_13
06-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Link for Game 4, starts in about 20 minutes:

http://acb360.orange.es/partidos/LACB/54/326

RiverwalkParade
06-04-2010, 02:18 PM
if this guy gets over here and sucks, I'm going to be pissed

rayray2k8
06-04-2010, 02:25 PM
if this guy gets over here and sucks, I'm going to be pissed

I think he'll be a solid role player. He's been labeled as being the spurs 'savior', but I think smarter spurs fans believe he can help contribute right away by helping duncan guard the basket with his defense and hustle play.

Bruno
06-04-2010, 03:45 PM
The good news for Spurs is that Madrid weaknesses are mainly on the perimeter.

In the paint, they have a solid team. Tomic is something special, Reyes is solid and even Lavrinovic bring some good depth. Add to this Velickovic who curently plays SF but who is a PF and Madrid has a good PF/C rotation.

Given how great Splitter is, Madrid will likely try to get him but I doubt they will spend all their money on him. If they want to really improve their team, perimeter players must be their priorities.

DesignatedT
06-04-2010, 03:58 PM
So what happened in the game? What's the series at for Caja now? Splitter put up another solid performance?

tia

benefactor
06-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Box score:

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/Spain/2010/0604_86_108.asp

outmap
06-04-2010, 07:29 PM
I like how Eurobasket counts fouls received and blocks against in the scoreboard.

Sigz
06-05-2010, 05:20 PM
So is this bitch coming over or what?

TimDunkem
06-05-2010, 05:44 PM

Of course he is you bitch.

Big P
06-05-2010, 07:12 PM
:corn:

admiralsnackbar
06-06-2010, 04:34 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/budget/7806064/Euro-will-be-dead-in-five-years.html

Mel_13
06-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Splitter with 18/9/4 as Caja Laboral wins Game 5 by a score of 64-56. They will now face Barcelona in the Spanish League Finals.

The official start of Splitter Watch 2010 will have to wait until the Finals are over.:depressed

Replay video should be available soon here:

http://acb360.orange.es/partidos/LACB/54/328

Bruno
06-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Splitter was great again.
IMO, he is the best player in Europe this year.

Mel_13
06-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Game 5 video:

http://acb360.orange.es/partidos/LACB/54/328

Spurs Brazil
06-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Splitter was great again.
IMO, he is the best player in Europe this year.

I didn't see the game but Brazilian websites are saying great things about Tiago in this game.

I hope he can win the tittle and then come to San Antonio

Harry Callahan
06-06-2010, 09:41 AM
He is a long term investment for the Spurs if they sign him. I imagine it will take 4-5 years and a big chunk of the Mid-Level to get him here. However, if he is a bit worn down at some point next year (if he comes to SA) I imagine the front office would just consider it a cost of doing business. It's a real priority to get him here because he will be (unless something weird happens) the best new player on the roster next year.

yavozerb
06-06-2010, 12:02 PM
http://acb360.orange.es/diferidos/LACB/54/328

rayray2k8
06-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Looking forward to seeing Splitter against Rubio... See what all the hype is all about.
Referring to Rubio of course. :lol

yavozerb
06-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Looking forward to seeing Splitter against Rubio... See what all the hype is all about.
Referring to Rubio of course. :lol

Splitter vs. Fran Vasquez is gonna be fun to watch..Vasquez is one of the best shot blockers (so I have read, but have not seen him play yet) in europe.

Bruno
06-07-2010, 08:14 AM
Barcelona has a couple of good defensive 7 footer with NDong and Vasquez. Splitter will face quality defenders.

BTW, schedule of the finale (San Antonio time):
Game 1: @Barcelona June 10th 1:30pm
Game 2: @ Barcelona June 12th 11:00am
Game 3: @Caja June 15th 1:30pm
Game 4*: @Caja June 17th 1:30pm
Game 5*: @Barcelona June 19th 11:00am

*: if necessary

TD 21
06-07-2010, 05:49 PM
From CBS.com Spurs report...

--The player the Spurs hope to lure to San Antonio next season, 2007 draft pick Tiago Splitter, was named the MVP of ACB for the 2009-10 season. Splitter averaged 21.2 points. Selected 28th overall, the 7-footer has dominated in Europe, and there are rumors that Splitter's agent is already talking with Spurs management.

Thomas82
06-08-2010, 11:21 AM
I feel like there is a silver lining to both options, whether we get Tiago Splitter or Derrick Favors. I would be happy with either one of them. Either way, the Spurs would have another big to pair with Tim Duncan.

Tiago Splitter: If nothing else, we wouldn't be able to say it was a wasted draft pick if he comes over. He would have an immediate impact on the team, giving Tim Duncan the best center he has played with since David Robinson, and the Spurs the much-needed interior presence to go along with TD. No need to go into details about the tools Splitter would bring to the team, because there are enough threads about him on here that already do that.

Derrick Favors: If the Spurs can somehow get Favors, that would also be a huge plus. With me living in Alabama, I got a chance to see a pretty good bit of his games at Georgia Tech, and liked what I saw. He has a nice combination of length, athleticism, quickness, good awareness for somebody as young as he is, and is a pretty good defender and should be one of the best in the league with some polishing. From what I heard from the announcers, he also has a good work ethic, and that's a neccesity for being a Spur. He supposedly fits the profile of what the Spurs have been looking for since David Robinson retired, and could potentially take over for Tim Duncan as the franchise player one day.

I'm well aware that Derrick Favors is a project, but I like his chances of becoming a dominant big man one day if he comes to the Spurs mainly for 2 reasons:

1.) He would be mentored by the G.O.A.T. power forward; a top 10 all-time great regardless of position.

2.) Since he wouldn't be going to a losing team, there wouldn't be any ridiculous expectations for him. He could be a difference maker without the pressure of carrying the team. I believe that's a major factor in why the success rate for high draft picks is so low.

Like I said, I would be happy with either move if for no other reason than Tim Duncan having a legit big man next to him. But the more I read and hear about the possibilty of the Spurs trading up to get Derrick Favors, no matter how big or small that possibility might be, the more I'm in favor of that happening. The big question, and the key to making that happen obviously is what they would have to give up to make that happen. I do rememember several years back either Peter Holt or R.C. Buford saying that the Spurs planned on using TD in the David Robinson role toward the end of his career.

I strongly believe that if you have any kind of chance to get a potential franchise big man, you at least have to look into it. The more things change, the more they stay the same. In other words, as much as the game has changed over the years, one thing has remained constant: The way to build your team is from the inside out. The league might be a guard-driven league and all that, but you won't win a championship without a dominant (or highly skilled) big man. Here are a couple of stats as proof:

-56 out of the 64 NBA champions (including the current NBA Finals teams) have had a dominant/high skill big man- either a center or power forward.

-35 out the 55 league MVPs have went to either a center or power forward.

One other thing, I know I'm preaching to the chior on this one, but obviously the workload on Tim Duncan is way to much. It's making him look older than what he is. I feel like even at 34 years old, with a dependable center next to him, he could still be dominant. Here is the way I see it:

The lack of another dependable big has led to TD playing most of the game these days as the sole big on the floor. Which means that in addition to the normal 20/10 he puts up, he also has to help make up for the 10 rebounds a game they lose from not having that other big next to him. He also has to guard the best big on the floor for the other team, and block all the shots.

With him being the only big on the floor most of the time, that means the Spurs are going small. When they go small, that means Richard Jefferson moves over to power forward. As a result, you are asking him not only to get the normal 6 rebounds expected from a small forward, but split the center's rebounds with Tim Duncan. It's unrealistic to expect that to happen every night. So in essence, TD is having to give production for both post positions which again, at his age and miles he has, is too much for him, and that's why he wears down after the All-Star break.

The Spurs need to go back to the Twin Tower approach, that's what got them the championships in the first place. Whether they get Tiago Splitter or Derrick Favors, they need another big in there with TD in the worst way, along with a peremeter defender. This is just how I see it.

Cane
06-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Great post, Thomas82.

Definitely agreed that the Spurs need to go back to a defensive and bigger approach to the game. Looking at the NBA Finals both teams got there though their size advantages with the edge towards LA. Gasol and Bynum seem to be able to score at will against Boston and they had a monster 14 blocks although ultimately losing Game 2 (they didn't seem to go through their bigs at the 4th though).

I wonder if the Spurs have also considered picking up both Tiago and Favors. Since imo even with Tiago the Spurs seem to lack a legitimate option defending against explosive athletic bigs such as Amar'e end even Lamar Odom. Favors could fill that role and more rest for McDyess and TD, the better. Duncan usually plays better in the first half of the season which leads me to believe that fatigue gets to him when the playoffs roll around moreso than we like to believe.

Gino2882
06-08-2010, 01:22 PM
The difference between Splitter and Favors at this point is the fact that the Spurs have a legitimate chance of getting Tiago Splitter. IMO Favors is a longshot pipe dream. Obviously getting Favors would involve giving up Parker and probably more.

Splitter would come over without compensation and be a long-term piece of the Spurs future.

yavozerb
06-08-2010, 01:42 PM
I was wondering to all those who have seen splitter play for sometime, can he regularly hit that 10-15 ft jumpshot? It seems as though in this pick and roll offense that he really does not need to take many jumpshots since he is either going to the basket or sitting a pick. From watching most of his games over this season he seems to have good form on his shot and seems to hit most of the few he does take. Just wondering if this is in his bag of tricks that he can go to in the NBA, cause it would be a great weapon since he is very good in the post and seems to be able to take many big men off the dribble.

Stump
06-08-2010, 02:25 PM
True. I would say at the moment the Spurs have 0 chance of draft Favors at 20. And probably a 98% chance at signing Splitter. But still, who knows how the Spurs could trade for a Favors draft pick.
The Favors theory does not presume he will fall to #20. This would happen by trading Parker to NJ for a package including the #3 pick.

The Favors possibility could have no legs whatsoever. Or it could be a very legitimate. Only the SA and NJ front offices know.

Stump
06-08-2010, 02:42 PM
:lol I was just making the point that we have no chance at the moment.

Still this will be a busy summer.
Fair enough.

After last season's Jefferson dud, I wonder how conservative the Spurs will act this offseason.

SenorSpur
06-09-2010, 12:08 AM
I feel like there is a silver lining to both options, whether we get Tiago Splitter or Derrick Favors. I would be happy with either one of them. Either way, the Spurs would have another big to pair with Tim Duncan.

Tiago Splitter: If nothing else, we wouldn't be able to say it was a wasted draft pick if he comes over. He would have an immediate impact on the team, giving Tim Duncan the best center he has played with since David Robinson, and the Spurs the much-needed interior presence to go along with TD. No need to go into details about the tools Splitter would bring to the team, because there are enough threads about him on here that already do that.

Derrick Favors: If the Spurs can somehow get Favors, that would also be a huge plus. With me living in Alabama, I got a chance to see a pretty good bit of his games at Georgia Tech, and liked what I saw. He has a nice combination of length, athleticism, quickness, good awareness for somebody as young as he is, and is a pretty good defender and should be one of the best in the league with some polishing. From what I heard from the announcers, he also has a good work ethic, and that's a neccesity for being a Spur. He supposedly fits the profile of what the Spurs have been looking for since David Robinson retired, and could potentially take over for Tim Duncan as the franchise player one day.

I'm well aware that Derrick Favors is a project, but I like his chances of becoming a dominant big man one day if he comes to the Spurs mainly for 2 reasons:

1.) He would be mentored by the G.O.A.T. power forward; a top 10 all-time great regardless of position.

2.) Since he wouldn't be going to a losing team, there wouldn't be any ridiculous expectations for him. He could be a difference maker without the pressure of carrying the team. I believe that's a major factor in why the success rate for high draft picks is so low.

Like I said, I would be happy with either move if for no other reason than Tim Duncan having a legit big man next to him. But the more I read and hear about the possibilty of the Spurs trading up to get Derrick Favors, no matter how big or small that possibility might be, the more I'm in favor of that happening. The big question, and the key to making that happen obviously is what they would have to give up to make that happen. I do rememember several years back either Peter Holt or R.C. Buford saying that the Spurs planned on using TD in the David Robinson role toward the end of his career.

I strongly believe that if you have any kind of chance to get a potential franchise big man, you at least have to look into it. The more things change, the more they stay the same. In other words, as much as the game has changed over the years, one thing has remained constant: The way to build your team is from the inside out. The league might be a guard-driven league and all that, but you won't win a championship without a dominant (or highly skilled) big man. Here are a couple of stats as proof:

-56 out of the 64 NBA champions (including the current NBA Finals teams) have had a dominant/high skill big man- either a center or power forward.

-35 out the 55 league MVPs have went to either a center or power forward.

One other thing, I know I'm preaching to the chior on this one, but obviously the workload on Tim Duncan is way to much. It's making him look older than what he is. I feel like even at 34 years old, with a dependable center next to him, he could still be dominant. Here is the way I see it:

The lack of another dependable big has led to TD playing most of the game these days as the sole big on the floor. Which means that in addition to the normal 20/10 he puts up, he also has to help make up for the 10 rebounds a game they lose from not having that other big next to him. He also has to guard the best big on the floor for the other team, and block all the shots.

With him being the only big on the floor most of the time, that means the Spurs are going small. When they go small, that means Richard Jefferson moves over to power forward. As a result, you are asking him not only to get the normal 6 rebounds expected from a small forward, but split the center's rebounds with Tim Duncan. It's unrealistic to expect that to happen every night. So in essence, TD is having to give production for both post positions which again, at his age and miles he has, is too much for him, and that's why he wears down after the All-Star break.

The Spurs need to go back to the Twin Tower approach, that's what got them the championships in the first place. Whether they get Tiago Splitter or Derrick Favors, they need another big in there with TD in the worst way, along with a peremeter defender. This is just how I see it.

Great post, Thomas82. :toast

yavozerb
06-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Barcelona has a couple of good defensive 7 footer with NDong and Vasquez. Splitter will face quality defenders.

bump

rayray2k8
06-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Hope someone post a link to the game later on. Not sure where to look. :P

ace3g
06-10-2010, 01:06 PM
http://acb360.orange.es/partidos/LACB/54/329

game link

admiralsnackbar
06-10-2010, 01:07 PM
http://acb360.orange.es/partidos/LACB/54/329

game link

Much appreciated :toast

ace3g
06-10-2010, 01:08 PM
no problem

ace3g
06-10-2010, 01:30 PM
game is about to start

ace3g
06-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Splitter loses to the tip to NDong

ace3g
06-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Caja gets off to a fast start 10-0 lead.

TheSpurglar
06-10-2010, 01:47 PM
So I'm watching this game off and on. It's 18-10 with CL in the lead. I've got a question for the board posters... does it seem like Splitter sets a lot of illegal picks? He seems to be moving quite a bit on some of them. Part of that might be the fact that the guard he's working with is making a move before Tiago gets there, but it seems like they get away with it a lot. Is this just a difference between the NBA and European game? Or do they just not really call it? Or am I exaggerating what I'm seeing?

If I'm not, I really think this is something Splitter is going to have to work on if he comes to the Spurs next year.

TimmehC
06-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Anyone have a box score? Can't view the live stream at work.

Mel_13
06-10-2010, 01:49 PM
http://jornadavirtual.acb.com/htm/resumen/r329.htm

ace3g
06-10-2010, 01:52 PM
So I'm watching this game off and on. It's 18-10 with CL in the lead. I've got a question for the board posters... does it seem like Splitter sets a lot of illegal picks? He seems to be moving quite a bit on some of them. Part of that might be the fact that the guard he's working with is making a move before Tiago gets there, but it seems like they get away with it a lot. Is this just a difference between the NBA and European game? Or do they just not really call it? Or am I exaggerating what I'm seeing?

If I'm not, I really think this is something Splitter is going to have to work on if he comes to the Spurs next year.

Yeah I noticed that as well. He usually rolls off the screen to the basket instead of making the pick and waiting for the kick back pass.

I'm not sure what how screens are ruled in the ACB?

TimDunkem
06-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Wow.
Nice hook shot from Splitter!

TIMMYD!
06-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Wow.
Nice hook shot from Splitter!

Yeah, it was an extremely tough shot.

Bruno
06-10-2010, 01:59 PM
In Europe, referring is way less strict than in NBA when it comes to what happens off the ball. There are a lot of moving screens and grabbing.

Mel_13
06-10-2010, 01:59 PM

It is. I'm not well-versed on the details, but it is something that is often mentioned as part of the adjustment from Europe to the NBA. Some screens that are perfectly legally in Europe are offensive fouls in the NBA.

TimDunkem
06-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Splitter has great body control. He kept the ball away from his defenders in mid-air with one hand to finish off a play.

TheSpurglar
06-10-2010, 02:05 PM
It is. I'm not well-versed on the details, but it is something that is often mentioned as part of the adjustment from Europe to the NBA. Some screens that are perfectly legally in Europe are offensive fouls in the NBA.

That's somewhat discouraging, since it appears to be such a large part of his game. One of the nice things that's been said about acquiring Splitter instead of trading up for a rookie big man was that Tiago's so polished offensively and defensively already, but it's pretty obvious he's still going to need to be coached up quite a bit once he comes over.

ace3g
06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Tiago loves that hook shot: 1 possession he got blocked, the very next possession he came back with the hook again and made it

ace3g
06-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Rubio finally scores

ace3g
06-10-2010, 02:08 PM
well Caja just blew their lead

TimDunkem
06-10-2010, 02:09 PM
He plays in a different league, of course there will be some adjustments to be made.

Mel_13
06-10-2010, 02:13 PM
That's somewhat discouraging, since it appears to be such a large part of his game. One of the nice things that's been said about acquiring Splitter instead of trading up for a rookie big man was that Tiago's so polished offensively and defensively already, but it's pretty obvious he's still going to need to be coached up quite a bit once he comes over.

There will be an adjustment to be sure, but Splitter appears to be a smart player. Scola in 2007 and Marc Gasol in 2008 both had very productive rookie seasons.

ace3g
06-10-2010, 02:14 PM
exactly there will always be adjustments, but the competition he plays with is much better then any rookie coming out of college

TheSpurglar
06-10-2010, 02:14 PM
He plays in a different league, of course there will be some adjustments to be made.

Yes. I know. I'm just saying that it's somewhat disappointing that arguably the biggest aspect of his offensive game would most likely be called an offensive foul if he attempted it in the United States.

ace3g
06-10-2010, 02:17 PM
and like others have said he plays a lot more on the perimeter right now, that will change when he gets to the Spurs

TheSpurglar
06-10-2010, 02:17 PM
There will be an adjustment to be sure, but Splitter appears to be a smart player. Scola in 2007 and Marc Gasol in 2008 both had very productive rookie seasons.

True enough. I never watched those two play international basketball, but if they were setting the same types of screens and were able to adjust once they arrived in the NBA, perhaps I'm picking nits for no reason. Believe me, I'm definitely pulling both for Splitter to come to the Spurs and have a positive impact.

TimDunkem
06-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Yes. I know. I'm just saying that it's somewhat disappointing that arguably the biggest aspect of his offensive game would most likely be called an offensive foul if he attempted it in the United States.
I'm sure he'll learn to adjust.

TheSpurglar
06-10-2010, 02:23 PM
and like others have said he plays a lot more on the perimeter right now, that will change when he gets to the Spurs

Do you just mean because of the contrast in styles of play between the leagues? I'd imagine the Spurs would utilize his pick and roll ability pretty frequently on offense, just not as much as Caja Laboral does because no NBA team does that.

I assume Splitter is better finishing on the move at this point than he is working his offense in the post, but I really don't know for sure because I haven't seen it.

ace3g
06-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Tiago had 12 pts and 3 boards at the half,

2nd half about to begin

TheSpurglar
06-10-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm sure he'll learn to adjust.

:toast I certainly hope you're right. Just commenting on what I'm actually seeing during the game.

ace3g
06-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Rubio just missed a dunk, lol

ace3g
06-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Tiago showing why he destined to be a Spur

TimDunkem
06-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Splitter finally gets a touch down low..

ace3g
06-10-2010, 02:51 PM
nice basket by Splitter to tie the game

TimDunkem
06-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Rubio is playing awful....only 3 points with 0 assists so far.

ace3g
06-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Caja up 58-56

ace3g
06-10-2010, 03:05 PM
lol that clearly went off the Caja player's foot

ace3g
06-10-2010, 03:07 PM
game over Caja win 63-58

game ended on a sloppy note though.

Splitter: 16 pts 6 boards

ace3g
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
http://jornadavirtual.acb.com/htm/resumen/r329.htm

final boxscore

Mel_13
06-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Impressive achievement for CL to take HCA in Game 1. Barcelona's combined regular season and playoff record in ACB and Euroleague play was 59-5 entering tonight's game.

Exciting finish, sloppy as it was..

Bruno
06-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Caja winning @Barca is a damn big surprise.

Splitter was good even if he had some difficulties against Vasquez and NDong length.

Libri
06-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Rubio is playing awful....only 3 points with 0 assists so far.

But he's supposed to be the next Pistol Pete. lol

Chieflion
06-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Couldn't catch European games because it was midnight here. Judging by the statline and the win, Splitter had yet another solid performance.

ChumpDumper
06-10-2010, 06:51 PM
NDong length.

Blackjack
06-10-2010, 07:49 PM
That's an All-SpursTalker, people! :lmao

ace3g
06-10-2010, 07:59 PM
just thought about this, Does Splitter have a nickname?

Blackjack
06-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Kutcher, William-Scott, Douche ... that's what I've heard thrown around.

But, really, with a name like Splitter, does the guy really need one (although Douche is catchy)?

ace3g
06-10-2010, 08:10 PM
yeah Splitter works, just wondering if he ever had one while playing over in the ACB or on the Brazil team

yavozerb
06-12-2010, 08:17 AM

Chieflion
06-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Is Splitter's game on in 55 minutes or something? I need time translation.

Mel_13
06-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Is Splitter's game on in 55 minutes or something? I need time translation.

yes

Chieflion
06-12-2010, 10:10 AM
yes

Thanks a lot. I am going to watch Splitter for the first time live on the computer, so I feel a bit pumped up. And Ricky Rubio as well. Hope the both of them have a great game.

Mel_13
06-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Game 2 link:

http://acb360.orange.es/diferidos/LACB/54/330

ace3g
06-12-2010, 10:48 AM
http://acb360.orange.es/partidos/LACB/54/330

game link

ace3g
06-12-2010, 10:48 AM
beat me to it mel

ace3g
06-12-2010, 11:06 AM
nice pass from splitter

Chieflion
06-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Nice pass by Splitter.

Chieflion
06-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Splitter is a really good passer.

TimmehC
06-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Caja's substitution patterns are weird. Tiago came in for one possession on each end before being removed again. It's not like he's in foul trouble, either.

Chieflion
06-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Tiago with a total dud performance up till now.

ffadicted
06-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Splitter's gotta get in the lane, wtf

MaNu4Tres
06-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Horrible 3 calls in a row...

TimDunkem
06-12-2010, 12:44 PM
His first bad statline in a while and people are already jumping on him.

lol I can't wait until he's a Spur. :lol

ffadicted
06-12-2010, 12:47 PM
so umm what's this series at now anyway

ffadicted
06-12-2010, 12:49 PM
LMAO what a fucking pass....

ace3g
06-12-2010, 12:51 PM
another sloppy end to the game

Chieflion
06-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Caja with a hard fought win over Barcelona. I believe the series is 2-0 in favor of Caja now.

ace3g
geez Caja wins 70-69 but that was much closer due to the refs

Mel_13
Crazy ending. Caja now goes home needing one win for the title.

TimDunkem
06-12-2010, 12:53 PM
I thought Ricky had the court vision of Pistol Pete?

Shastafarian
06-12-2010, 12:58 PM
I thought Ricky had the court vision of Pistol Pete?

Maybe everyone meant he had the court vision of 90's Pistol Pete

Bruno
06-12-2010, 01:09 PM
If Caja win a third game and and up as ACB champion it will be a huge upset. On the paper, Barca is the best team by far.

DesignatedT
06-12-2010, 01:21 PM
What a game lol.

Mel_13
06-12-2010, 01:25 PM
When are the Euro League finals?

Last month. Barcelona won.

TIMMYD!
06-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Anyone got a boxscore?

Mel_13
06-12-2010, 01:53 PM
http://www.acb.com/fichas/LACB54330.php

ace3g
06-12-2010, 01:55 PM
http://www.acb.com/fichas/LACB54330.php

TIMMYD!
06-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks.

ChuckD
06-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Maybe everyone meant he had the court vision of 90's Pistol Pete

The court vision of a dead man? That's cold....

kobyz
06-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Spurs should sign San Emeterio

Blackjack
06-13-2010, 08:15 PM
www.WeNeedTiago.com

Tiago, I'd appreciate a moment of your time to read this. It concerns the future of your basketball career. This is very important.

Why the San Antonio Spurs?

Keep Reading (http://www.poundingtherock.com/2010/6/11/1513730/www-weneedtiago-com)

TimDunkem
06-13-2010, 08:28 PM
lol Someone send that to his Twitter. :lol

TIMMYD!
06-13-2010, 10:36 PM
www.WeNeedTiago.com

Tiago, I'd appreciate a moment of your time to read this. It concerns the future of your basketball career. This is very important.

Why the San Antonio Spurs?

Keep Reading (http://www.poundingtherock.com/2010/6/11/1513730/www-weneedtiago-com)

Is that the same completely deck from here?
Haven't seen him post in a while...

Blackjack
06-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Thought the same thing. Probably is.

I just saw it linked on Twitter and found the www.WeNeedTiago.com amusing.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-13-2010, 11:10 PM
If Caja win a third game and and up as ACB champion it will be a huge upset. On the paper, Barca is the best team by far.

Totally.

I really hope Caja seal this so Splitter can call it a done deal and head in our direction. Time for this guy to play NBA.

ace3g
06-15-2010, 01:02 PM
http://acb360.orange.es/partidos/LACB/54/331

game link

DesignatedT
06-15-2010, 01:17 PM

game link

this is game 3 correct? with caja being up 2-0"?

TimDunkem
06-15-2010, 02:09 PM
this is game 3 correct? with caja being up 2-0"?
Yes.

yavozerb
06-15-2010, 02:11 PM
What does REC stand for in the box score?

Bruno
06-15-2010, 02:16 PM
What does REC stand for in the box score?

steal.

TIMMYD!
06-15-2010, 02:20 PM
I hate that they rarely go to Splitter in the post.

yavozerb
06-15-2010, 02:30 PM
steal.
Thanks...

I hate that they rarely go to Splitter in the post.

Splitter gets collapsed on pretty quickly when they do go to him and his passes out of the post have been really good with some leading to baskets and others missing easy shots.

TimDunkem
06-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Walter Herrmann!

TimDunkem
06-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Looks like Caja Laboral is going to sweep Barca. :wow

TimDunkem
06-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Nevermind. Maybe not. J.C. Navarro 3 points PLUS the foul. :depressed

TimDunkem
06-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Overtime.

Mel_13
06-15-2010, 03:16 PM
That was goaltending.

TimDunkem
06-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Huertas takes so damn long to get rid of the ball.

TimDunkem
06-15-2010, 03:20 PM
lol Splitter with hook shots, flops, and tip-ins in overtime.

TIMMYD!
06-15-2010, 03:28 PM
What a great play!

San Emeterio with the And-1 and .5 seconds left.

MaNu4Tres
06-15-2010, 03:28 PM
:lol unbelievable game..wow

bobby4germany
06-15-2010, 03:29 PM
What a finish!!!!

TIMMYD!
Caja Laboral won the championship.

Mel_13
Splitter Watch 2010 may now officially begin!

TimDunkem
06-15-2010, 03:30 PM
SAN EMETERIO with a cross over, drive to the basket, and the and-1 with 0.5 left on the shot clock! Caja wins in OT.

What a finish. :lol

yavozerb
06-15-2010, 03:30 PM
That was pretty crazy ending..

yavozerb
06-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Tiago as MVP?

Bruno
What a fucking damn mazing game.
Caja sweeping Barca. :wow

velik_m
Congrats to Splitter!

TIMMYD!
06-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Tiago as MVP.

Mal
06-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Thiago, mission acomplished. Next year NBA finals MVP :)

yavozerb
06-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Great statline from Tiago:
14 pts, 13 rbs, 4 assists, 4 steals, 2 blocks

Blackjack
06-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Very impressive. :tu

Ya gotta love that his confidence should be at a newfound, all-time high upon his arrival. :hungry:

rayray2k8
06-15-2010, 03:36 PM
game link?? I hope theres a replay

Mel_13
06-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Time to put the money on table, R.C.

TIMMYD!
06-15-2010, 03:40 PM
What ever val means, Tiago had 36 and the next highes was only 21. :wow

I'd be even more impressed if I knew what this meant!

It's like +/-

Bruno

val is efficiency. It's a stat that is used way more in Europe than in NBA.

Mal

Val is stat based on :

Pts + rbs + ast + blks + stls + fouls draw

- Turnovers - missed shots - fouls commited (not sure about last one).

Mel_13
game link?? I hope theres a replay

Wait a couple of hours and then use the same link:

They are still showing the celebration, but the game will be available later this afternoon.

pad300
06-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Give Splitter the full MLE, quick. Do not fuck around with signing him on the cheap... Get it done! He's a big game player, and might be able to be the big man after Tim retires. GET HIM OVER HERE!

objective
06-15-2010, 03:51 PM
"But he can't spread the floor like Bonner! And how can he play next to Duncan with so few blocks and suspect rebounding? And the Spurs shouldn't set a precedent by paying so much to a 1st rounder freed from payscale obligations!" --- idiots

Sorry, had to get that out of the way.

If Pop and RC aren't in Spain then shame on them.

yavozerb
06-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Those who have doubts about splitters ability need to watch this game. Did a little of everything, only thing he did wrong was miss a 3pt shot in the 2nd half..

Blackjack
06-15-2010, 03:56 PM
I've heard tings. I've heard tings . . .

Bruno
06-15-2010, 04:06 PM
A little trivia:
Only one other player has won both ACB MVP titles (regular season and final) in the same year: Arvydas Sabonis in 1995. Not bad... :smokin

Blackjack
06-15-2010, 04:08 PM
A little trivia:
Only one other player has won both ACB MVP titles (regular season and final) in the same year: Arvydas Sabonis in 1995. Not bad... :smokin

Bruno, what good is trivia if we don't get a chance to answer?

You'd be a terrible Alex Trebek. :smokin

yavozerb
06-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Hopefully we wont have wait as long to see Tiago play since the blazers couldn't get sabonis over here till he was much older..

DesignatedT
06-15-2010, 04:16 PM
So did Splitter get finals MVP?

Spurs Brazil
06-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Props to Tiago now don't be a coward and come to San Antonio

Bruno
06-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Do you think he knows who Alex Trebek is?

Quick, show some celebrity Joepardy videos!

FYI, in France, the Jeopardy guy was Phillipe Risoli. He is also one of the all time greatest French speaking singer with classics like "cuitas les bananas".

Blackjack
06-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Do you think he knows who Alex Trebek is?

Quick, show some celebrity Joepardy videos!

The French know Alex Trebek.

http://500wordsonwords.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/alextrebek.jpg

And The Trebek knows the French ...

http://cakepoker.com/blog/En/image.axd?picture=2010/1/trebek-wants-you-jeopardy-online-contest.jpg

ladies (and/or maybe men).