PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, 97 lottery

vander
04-29-2009, 01:16 AM
for the 10 year free pass you gave to the Spurs FO, it was fun.

:toast

fusionjazzman72
04-29-2009, 01:17 AM
Bump!

50Bestspurever
04-29-2009, 01:27 AM
:rolleyes The pass expires 5 years from the last championship.

holcs50
04-29-2009, 01:40 AM

LMFAO-aint that the truth

p.s. and thx for drafting tp and gino....besides that yes the FO has had a nice free pass

alchemist
04-29-2009, 01:56 AM
:lol @ free pass. You should be happy for that lottery pick otherwise the Spurs would no longer exist in San Antonio.

vander
05-02-2009, 02:26 PM
bump, lest ye fools forget.

Spurs FO isn't going to go out and do anything to make this team substantially better, they'll sign another finley/horry/kerr/mason/ime/whatever, and hope one of their foreign or small-school draft picks becomes the next Manu/Tp
if that doesn't work they'll pray for another lottery miracle

balli
05-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Lottery miracle? Having an injured Robinson and supplementally tanking your way into a 30% chance or whatever it was counts as a miracle?

vander
05-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Lottery miracle? Having an injured Robinson and supplementally tanking your way into a 30% chance or whatever it was counts as a miracle?

hey, God doesn't just hand out miracles like chinese take out menus, you got to do your part too, work for them a little.

Russ
05-02-2009, 02:59 PM

Baloney. The Spurs' FO did a great job after winning that lottery.

Anyone who thinks getting a once in a decade player in the lottery seals it for a decade of titles, take a look at the Orlando Magic. They got Shaq one year, won the lottery the next (could have had Webber) and then made every wrong choice imaginable.

The odds were against the Spurs even after they won the Duncan lottery and they beat those odds at every turn. :toast

Mel_13
05-02-2009, 06:20 PM

Anyone who thinks getting a once in a decade player in the lottery seals it for a decade of titles, take a look at the Orlando Magic. They got Shaq one year, won the lottery the next (could have had Webber) and then made every wrong choice imaginable.

The odds were against the Spurs even after they won the Duncan lottery and they beat those odds at every turn. :toast

Tim Duncan is the ONLY #1 overall pick in the last 20 years to win even one championship with the team that drafted him. You can look it up.

Spursfan092120
05-02-2009, 06:27 PM

:tu +1 I mean...let's see...a 28th pick and a 57th pick barely on people's radar becoming all stars and part of our Big 3? The guy who really got people thinking about bringing Euro talent over again? That's damn good if you ask me.

Sean Cagney
05-02-2009, 10:24 PM
LMFAO-aint that the truth

p.s. and thx for drafting tp and gino....besides that yes the FO has had a nice free pass

Yeah but thats two thirds of the title team they drafted, I would say thats alot right there alone :lol:lol. FO has not been that great since they drafted them, but they did scout and get those winners here! If people knew how good Manu would be how long do you think he would have lasted in the draft? He would have been a top 12 pick, Tony if they knew would have been a lottery pick as well, the Scouts hit those right on the head.

Nevermind others beat me to this earlier.
bump, lest ye fools forget.

Spurs FO isn't going to go out and do anything to make this team substantially better, they'll sign another finley/horry/kerr/mason/ime/whatever, and hope one of their foreign or small-school draft picks becomes the next Manu/Tp
if that doesn't work they'll pray for another lottery miracle

I would take another Horry now if he played like he did in his first few years here! Hell he helped us get a title with that huge game 5 in 05, without him we don't win that one! They can add another HORRY for a few years, the others I agree on though :lol

poop
05-03-2009, 06:01 AM

we had 12 or 13-to-one odds that year of getting the No.1 pick(duncan) so yeah, it was miraculous.

ElNono
05-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Where's the '97 lottery' troll? :lol

The_Worlds_finest
05-03-2009, 01:54 PM
you people are ungreatful idiots.

Josepatches_
05-03-2009, 03:00 PM
We could win the NBA without Manu or TP.We could have other players.But I'm sure we never could win the NBA without TD.1997 was the greatest draft of the history for us.

Thomas82
05-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Tim Duncan is the ONLY #1 overall pick in the last 20 years to win even one championship with the team that drafted him. You can look it up.

Whoa, thanks for the info, didn't know that. That means that in the last 25 years, only 3 #1 overall picks have won a championship with the team that drafted them. They are Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, and Tim Duncan.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-04-2009, 12:21 AM
We could win the NBA without Manu or TP.We could have other players.But I'm sure we never could win the NBA without TD.1997 was the greatest draft of the history for us.

Wow I still remember that day like it was yesterday. My son was born just 12 days earlier. 1997 will forever be a great year in my heart.

wijayas
05-04-2009, 08:43 AM
hey, God doesn't just hand out miracles like chinese take out menus, you got to do your part too, work for them a little.

:lol :lol :lol :toast :toast :toast :toast
Even when you pray to God to strike a lottery, God ask you to purchase the ticket!

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Winning the lottery enabled the Spurs to be great, but there are a lot of teams that draft great players that end up floundering around and never sniff a championship. San Antonio is a small market team with 4 NBA titles. No other franchise compares to that. If you want to say that was sheer luck, that's fine, but it clearly shows me you don't know a lot about basketball.

And I'm not willing to close the lid on the Spurs championship runs like so many folks are doing. They're going to get refuel. Tim's going to retire with 5 rings. It's not over until I say it's over.

z0sa
05-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Winning the lottery enabled the Spurs to be great, but there are a lot of teams that draft great players that end up floundering around and never sniff a championship. San Antonio is a small market team with 4 NBA titles. No other franchise compares to that. If you want to say that was sheer luck, that's fine, but it clearly shows me you don't know a lot about basketball.

And I'm not willing to close the lid on the Spurs championship runs like so many folks are doing. They're going to get refuel. Tim's going to retire with 5 rings. It's not over until I say it's over.

drafting tony parker and manu ginobili at their respective positions was more luck than anything, if you ask me. Sure they knew they had talent, but all-star championship leading talent?

The FO has made careless moves and this season, the team as it was built would not have won a championship due to Pop being forced to fuck with the lineups and rotations all season long. Also, frankly San Antonio is probably in the bottom third of places players would like to play most. The FO needs to go balls to the wall, even if it means spending extra money, to get Tim the help he needs these last few years. If Tim is forced to push it 120% on both ends every night for the rest of his contract, you can pretty much guarantee we won't have the players to win a title, and you can also guarantee tim won't sign another contract. I have the view that should Tim win another 'ship or two between now and 2012, he will continue playing barring more injury problems.

TampaDude
05-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Whoa, thanks for the info, didn't know that. That means that in the last 25 years, only 3 #1 overall picks have won a championship with the team that drafted them. They are Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, and Tim Duncan.

:hat