04-29-2009, 02:09 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_mikki_moore.jpg

Mikki Moore | F - C
Born: Nov 4, 1975
Height: 7-0 / 2,13
Weight: 225 lbs. / 102,1 kg.
College: Nebraska
Years Pro: 10

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/mikki_moore/index.html)

Ditty
04-29-2009, 02:13 AM
fuck no

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2009, 02:13 AM
ewww..

Mikki should be calling and thanking Jason Kidd and Vince Carter every day for the $ he's made the past few years..

DPG21920
04-29-2009, 02:14 AM
What did I say Bruno? Do you want me to leave the Spurs? One of the worst players in the NBA.

NewJerSpur
04-29-2009, 02:15 AM
I'd like him in with a 2nd unit that is already strong offensively. Will work the boards on both sides, has good range on his jumper but is not offensive-minded, is pretty athletic, and has the ability to affect shots at the rim....don't think he's been a great fit in Boston.

DPG21920
04-29-2009, 02:16 AM
If the Spurs are going to go this type of route, I would much rather them go after Sheldon Williams.

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2009, 02:28 AM
If the Spurs are going to go this type of route, I would much rather them go after Sheldon Williams.

why not chris wilcox? whose bigger and james it down in traffic?

how about the wizards centers
brendan haywood
7'0 266pounds
6m remaining on contract

or blatche?
6'11 235pounds
9m/3yrs remaining....

DPG21920
04-29-2009, 02:30 AM
I'd like him in with a 2nd unit that is already strong offensively. Will work the boards on both sides, has good range on his jumper but is not offensive-minded, is pretty athletic, and has the ability to affect shots at the rim....don't think he's been a great fit in Boston.

Mikki Moore is a terrible rebounder and non-existent shot blocker. He is not a good defender and while he can run the floor, he does not do much else. Elson>Moore.

MaNu4Tres
Hell no to Mikki.

Libri
pass

DPG21920
04-29-2009, 02:32 AM
why not chris wilcox? whose bigger and james it down in traffic?

how about the wizards centers
brendan haywood
7'0 266pounds
6m remaining on contract

or blatche?
6'11 235pounds
9m/3yrs remaining....

Sheldon has more "upside" and probably will be a little cheaper. He has shown the ability in flashes to be a decent defender and rebounder while Wilcox has not. Wilcox is much more efficient offensively around the rim, but he would be Gooden 2.0 imo.

Haywood would be excellent but I see no reason why they trade him. He is great value for that money.

Blatche has some talent, but again I do not see why they trade him.

NewJerSpur
04-29-2009, 02:42 AM
Mikki Moore is a terrible rebounder and non-existent shot blocker. He is not a good defender and while he can run the floor, he does not do much else. Elson>Moore.

He's a bit smarter than Elson basketball-wise. He positions himself around the basket well enough to be good at both rebounding and defending and has pretty good range on his jumper. He may not be as active around the rim or on the boards in Boston, but the effort can be restored IMO.

DPG21920
04-29-2009, 02:51 AM
He's a bit smarter than Elson basketball-wise. He positions himself around the basket well enough to be good at both rebounding and defending and has pretty good range on his jumper. He may not be as active around the rim or on the boards in Boston, but the effort can be restored IMO.

Not really. If you look at his numbers over the years they have not dipped in Boston (in terms of per 40 minutes...).

NewJerSpur
04-29-2009, 03:27 AM
Not really. If you look at his numbers over the years they have not dipped in Boston (in terms of per 40 minutes...).

I'd still take him over Elson and potentially with a strong offensive 2nd unit, he just wouldn't be my 1st option.

loveforthegame
04-29-2009, 10:32 AM
He'd be a nice option for the 2nd unit. Not stelllar defense but it's solid enough for the Spurs. He gets good position and if he can't get the rebound he's excellent at tapping it out. Like Dampier does. Nice mid range jumper but nothing to speak of around the basket except for clean up duty.

He'd be a cheap enough option if they strike out with free agents and can't pull a trade off.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-04-2009, 11:40 AM
When he spent a year starting for Suckramento he managed a whopping 8 points and 6 boards in 30 minutes a night for a team desperately needing both scoring and rebounding. Awesome.

And I don't want a player that has to be coaxed to give defensive effort which is what I see with M&M. No thanks.

Mel_13
05-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Only after exhausting all other options and only for the vet min. On a good team he should be a practice player and wear a suit to games. The only reason he is in uniform for the Celtics is the injury status of KG and Powe. And he's still behind Scalabrine in their rotation.

If the Spurs are going to have a vet min practice big on the roster, I'd just as soon get Sean Marks back. But I'd much rather see the 6th big slot be used on a 2nd rounder that plays in Austin.