PDA

View Full Version : Past International Prospect: Ioannis Bourousis

Pages : 1 [2]

jjktkk
01-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Just a swarthier version of Matt Bonner, tbh...

Additionally, players from his homeland never last in the NBA. Homesick or something...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=GR&state=

KBP is cursing at you from Houston.

Mel_13
01-06-2011, 05:49 PM
KBP is cursing at you from Houston.

http://townmapsusa.com/images/maps/map_of_mountain_home_ar.jpg

Mel_13
01-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Bonner is a 6-10 240 PF

Bourousis is a 7-0 280 C

Comparing the two just shows a total lack of basic basketball knowledge.

Bonner is an NBA player.

Comparing a player from the Dleague of European basketball to any NBA player is a compliment. I probably overestimated the potential impact Bourousis could ever have in the NBA, tbh...

ChumpDumper
01-07-2011, 03:14 PM
I am impressed by your restraint so far, but Greeks are historically horrible NBA players.

bluebellmaniac
01-09-2011, 04:20 PM
He won't play for the Spurs with so many big men already there. Not a chance in hell. Next season is an option year for him. If he wants to come to the NBA he will this summer, but it will be for a team that needs a center. So it won't be the Spurs as they are right now.

Dice earlier this season suggested that he may be retiring at the end of this season. That leaves us with Timmy, Splitter, Blair and Bonner for bigs. It wouldn't hurt to look at signing a 7 footer who is the current top big in Europe as our 5th big. And I wouldn't really look at it as adding him for next year, but preparing him for 2 yrs down the road. If we were to add him, then he could easily have a Splitter-like first year of spending lots of time on the bench, learning the system.

So if Splitter does come around and we were to add "Boris", it'd be interesting to think of what a Splitter - Bourousis front line could look like in a couple years.

velik_m
01-10-2011, 03:08 AM
Dice earlier this season suggested that he may be retiring at the end of this season. That leaves us with Timmy, Splitter, Blair and Bonner for bigs. It wouldn't hurt to look at signing a 7 footer who is the current top big in Europe as our 5th big. And I wouldn't really look at it as adding him for next year, but preparing him for 2 yrs down the road. If we were to add him, then he could easily have a Splitter-like first year of spending lots of time on the bench, learning the system.

So you want to sign Rasho next summer?

bluebellmaniac
01-10-2011, 04:54 AM
so you want to sign rasho next summer?

lol!!! :-)

velik_m
01-10-2011, 02:48 PM
WTF is this nonsense? Rasho is the THIRD best big man on his own team Olympiacos. Get real.

Yet he starts in front of Bourousis...

velik_m
01-11-2011, 01:22 AM
No he does not.

He started at the start of the year when Bourousis still had a broken hand. He played with a broken shooting hand all through the 2010 World Championship and all through the start of the season.

As soon as the hand healed Boruousis became the starter.

You mean as soon as Olympiacos secured the second round in Euroleague.

Besides the fact that Rasho does not start, in Europe there is no such thing as starters and bench. If you were actually European you would know that. I see that we have yet another spammer Euro homer here.

It is even normal for the BEST player on a team to come off the bench in Europe. In fact, when Papaloukas was the best player in all of Europe he came off the bench. So please spare the forum your Euro homer spamming.

Yes, it's very normal for european team to put their worst at the start, in fact if you're really, really good you might not even play...

Nesterovich is a very effective and good center for Olympiacos. But to suggest he is even close to as good as Bourousis is ridiculous and absurd. He is not even as good as Mavrokefalidis (their power forward) is on the same team.

The stats disagree.

jag
01-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Is it true that 85% of greek men are homosexuals? That percentage sounds kind of extreme, though it would certainly explain a lot. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

TimmehC
01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Is it true that 85% of greek men are homosexuals? That percentage sounds kind of extreme, though it would certainly explain a lot. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Probably about the same in Arkansas.

Mel_13
01-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Bourousis is several levels better than Blair, Splitter, and Bonner are.

Those are NBA players. SMB (Swarthy Matt Bonner) is not.

If just one Greek player could ever succeed in the NBA, you might have a leg to stand on. As it is..........

:lmao

jjktkk
01-12-2011, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=Manu_Forever;4886776]Bourousis is several levels better than Blair, Splitter, and Bonner are. The chances that he would sign with the Spurs to ride the bench for a year or two (just because that is how Popovich operates) behind players that he is much better than is absolutely zero.

You make insult Amerikan players not good. I hate you shit like. Bonner play too good basketball better than Bourrousis. Bonner in Greek league would be hero to Greece, have Greeks make Bonner sandwich hero.

velik_m
01-13-2011, 01:17 AM
If just one Greek player could ever succeed in the NBA, you might have a leg to stand on. As it is..........

:lmao

This list is a bit out of date, but still: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greek_NBA_players

Mel_13
01-13-2011, 07:10 AM
This list is a bit out of date, but still: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greek_NBA_players

That list includes players with Greek passports (Rasho) and Greek ancestors (Rambis).

These are all the Greek-born players who have played (and failed miserably) in the NBA:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=GR&state=

mountainballer
01-13-2011, 04:29 PM
yeah sure. Peja and Rasho "grew up" in Greece. what a nonsense.
both were already 17 years old when they went to Greece b/c of the Yugoslav wars. both came from the best youth programs in Europe at that time, which were the programs of the clubs of the former Yugoslavia Republik.
Rasho played for the youth teams of Slava and Partizan and Peja played for the youth team of Partizan.

so the point is, they both had a NBA career DESPITE having played for Greece clubs for some years. imagine how good they would have been, if they didn't take that route. Rasho would likely have become Vlade Divac and Peja would have become Drazen Petrovic.
however, luckily they didn't spend more time there and that way destroyed any chance to ever play more than 29 NBA career games and average more than 2.3 points. (or what is the best career record of any Greek player in the NBA?)

btw. you don't need Greek parents or grandparents to get a passport from Greece. you just need to pay what the officer at the passport office demands. actual prices should be pretty low. in case of need the guy will even adopt you.

Mel_13
01-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Mel_13 (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6168) This message is hidden because Mel_13 is on your ignore list (http://spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

"Ancestors"..................you cannot get a Greek passport unless your father or grandfather were born and raised in Greece. And you refer to that as an "ancestor".

Rasho and Peja were developed in Greece from the time they were kids. They grew up playing in Greece genius. Peja still to this day lives in Greece, has a Greek wife, and kids, etc.

You have clearly shown that you are a xenophobic moron with this post of yours.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

We can now add "ignoring other posters" to the long list of things at which KillBillForever fails.

Mel_13
01-13-2011, 05:42 PM
both were already 17 years old when they went to Greece b/c of the Yugoslav wars. both came from the best youth programs in Europe at that time, which were the programs of the clubs of the former Yugoslavia Republik.
Rasho played for the youth teams of Slava and Partizan and Peja played for the youth team of Partizan.

so the point is, they both had a NBA career DESPITE having played for Greece clubs for some years. imagine how good they would have been, if they didn't take that route. Rasho would likely have become Vlade Divac and Peja would have become Drazen Petrovic.
however, luckily they didn't spend more time there and that way destroyed any chance to ever play more than 29 NBA career games and average more than 2.3 points. (or what is the best career record of any Greek player in the NBA?)

btw. you don't need Greek parents or grandparents to get a passport from Greece. you just need to pay what the officer at the passport office demands. actual prices should be pretty low. in case of need the guy will even adopt you.

:worthy:

Memo to Blackjack,

In the event that circumstances prevent me doing so myself, I grant you my proxy to place the above quoted post, authored by mountainballer, in nomination for Post of the Year (Troll Destruction Division) in the next annual edition of the SpursTalk Awards. The complete and total evisceration of the troll formerly known as Kill_Bill_Pana, currently posting as Manu_Forever, is truly noteworthy and deserving of permanent recognition.

Mel_13

Mel_13
01-13-2011, 06:17 PM
There are so many lies here that is is mind boggling, even for you, the single biggest liar in the forum's history. I am putting you on permanent ignore and never ever taking you off of it.

Oh nooooeees, not permanent ignore.

Blackjack
01-13-2011, 08:20 PM

:rollin

:worthy:

Memo to Blackjack,

In the event that circumstances prevent me doing so myself, I grant you my proxy to place the above quoted post, authored by mountainballer, in nomination for Post of the Year (Troll Destruction Division) in the next annual edition of the SpursTalk Awards. The complete and total evisceration of the troll formerly known as Kill_Bill_Pana, currently posting as Manu_Forever, is truly noteworthy and deserving of permanent recognition.

Mel_13

Noted. :tu

And _Jag, I haven't met that 85%, so I can't say with certainty that I would or would not be tempted. ;)

ChuckD
01-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Oh nooooeees, not permanent ignore.

A.K.A. Arkansas double secret probation. :lol

Darkwaters
01-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Yet he starts in front of Bourousis...

Ummm, no. I went to the Panathanaikos v. Olympiacos game a couple of days ago. Bourousis starts.

TimmehC
01-14-2011, 04:28 PM
I went to the Panathanaikos v. Olympiacos game a couple of days ago.

And you lived to tell about it?

spursbird
03-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Bump
http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/Euroleague/2011/0322_93_298.asp12 boards in 16 mins

ChuckD
03-27-2011, 11:28 AM
I don't think the Spurs were too jazzed at this fool using them as salary leverage to run back to Greece last time around.

Next.

ChumpDumper
03-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Man, Bursitis is getting outboarded and outblocked by all manner of NBA washouts and D-League bench players. What's the excuse? Oh, another NBA washout is outplaying him on the same team.

ChuckD
03-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Salary leverage? He took less money to sign at Olympiacos. He did not use the Spurs to leverage anything. He could have gotten way more money in Spain or the NBA.
WTF would some hillbilly from Arkansas masquerading as a Greek know about that, Comcast?

Zocalo
04-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Manu_Forever/Kill Bill Pana has an unhealthy obsession with Bourousis. It is quite pathetic to tell you the truth.

Waits for him to say LIESSSS, BS, STFU!!!!!

He is a loser...

ChumpDumper
05-10-2011, 03:06 AM
He'd be pretty stupid to sign during a lockout. In that case, I guess it could happen.

SenorSpur
05-10-2011, 09:39 AM
I remember seeing a few threads some time ago indicating there may have been some mutual interest between him and the Spurs. With this latest development, should we assume the Spurs are no longer interested in this guy? Or vice versa?

ChumpDumper
05-18-2011, 11:23 PM
http://www.tubasket.com/noticia/Olympiacos-pone-en-el-mercado-a-Teodosic-Spanoulis-y-Bouroussis.-Los-tres-por-un-pasta/249940/84Didn't read, but I'm going to guess the Greeks are out of money.

ChuckD
05-29-2011, 09:04 PM
That's about as relevant as Poo'ah'alana quitting the Samoan team. They weren't going anywhere anyway. Neither were the sheep fucking Greeks.

Penya
06-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Bourousis caught up in doping scandal...

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite5_1_23/06/2011_395765

mountainballer
06-24-2011, 10:16 AM
hair removal cream would have been legal and had likely caused a similar effect increasing speed.

Mel_13
09-16-2011, 06:35 AM
It's really about time to retire this thread. If this lumbering, scandal-ridden, PEDs abuser was ever an NBA prospect, that time has surely past.

He's been exiled from the Greek League and will be seen in the Italian League next season. Do we really need to chronicle his inevitable decline to the lower levels of European basketball over the next several years as he desperately seeks a paycheck?

lol savior