04-29-2009, 02:25 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_brandon_bass.jpg

Brandon Bass | F
Born: 30 avr. 1985
Height: 6-8 / 2,03
Weight: 250 lbs. / 113,4 kg.
College: Louisiana State
Years Pro: 3

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/brandon_bass/index.html)

Ditty
04-29-2009, 02:27 AM
maybe

impressed me with him dunks might be undersized

but sure is athletic

hope gist turns out like him but with a better outside shot

Manufan909
04-29-2009, 02:28 AM
So is he fast enough to play SF? Cuz i think the Spurs have a smallball PF in Gist and Hairston. Maybe even MW, I don't know what the fuck that guy is.

BTW, I haven't followed Bass, so far all I know he could play bigger than he is, or be a beast on the boards in spite of the height advantage other PFs have on him.

AussieFanKurt
04-29-2009, 02:31 AM
No chance of getting him

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2009, 02:37 AM
I'm not really a fan of Bass, because it'll cost us too much IMO..

timvp
04-29-2009, 02:59 AM
I'm not really a fan of Bass, because it'll cost us too much IMO..

:tu

crc21209
04-29-2009, 03:11 AM
ONE hit wonder. He'll suck major ass against the Nuggets just watch...

loveforthegame
04-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Athletic and a monster around the basket. Mid range game is solid too.

Too expensive for the Spurs I think.

SenorSpur
04-29-2009, 10:39 AM
He'd never fit in with the Spurs. He dunks too much for Pop's liking.

Spurs Brazil
07-01-2009, 06:02 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60260/20090701/magic_express_interest_in_bass/

Magic Express Interest In Bass

Jul 01, 2009 4:04 PM EST
The Magic have expressed interest in signing free agent Brandon Bass, who played for Dallas in each of the past two seasons. Bass' agent, Tony Dutt, said Wednesday he did speak with the Magic. "Yes, I did speak to (Magic General Manager) Otis Smith and they did show interest in Brandon," Dutt said.

Via Orlando Sentinel

timvp
07-02-2009, 01:23 AM
Guess we should take a closer look at Bass with the Spurs' reported interest.

-According to combine measurements, Bass is exactly one inch taller than Blair and his wingspan is half an inch bigger.

-He's a pretty damn good jumpshooter. He hits about 45% of his jumpers. However, near the basket, he's dunk or bust. With the Mavs, he has shot about 36% close to the baskets on attempts that aren't dunks. That's horrible for a bigman. The problem is that he gets blocked about 30% of the time on close shots. In other words, he hasn't figured out how to finish to compensate for his lack of height.

-His two years with the Mavs resulted in almost exactly the same stats (approximately 8.5 points and 4.5 rebounds in 20 minutes). That would make him a relatively low risk signing. He's shown enough to prove he can play on the NBA level.

-He just turned 24 so Bass has a chance to improve. Two straight years of posting a 16 PER is pretty good.

-Bass has been damn good in the playoffs. Both years in the playoffs, he's had a PER of better than 22. He's hit 52.1% of his shots in the playoffs and 52-of-56 free throws :wow. Plus only seven turnovers in 325 career playoff minutes.

Overall, these stats make me like him a little bit more. I like his consistency and his playoff stats. His finishing ability is really shaky but having a jumper is good. Plus he's young enough that he should have four or five high quality years left.

I think my main hesitation is that he doesn't really have a good feel for the game. He's basically an isolation bigman. In an offense that requires a lot of read and reacting, I'm not sure he can hang. Plus he seems much more of a bench player than a starter.

Still would much rather have Sheed or McDyess but I could see Bass being an option. I'd feel much better about Bass of the Spurs are sure about Blair's ability to produce right away.

TJastal
07-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Bass is just gonna hinder the development of Blair.. they are basically clones of each other... spurs need a legitimate sized PF, not another undersized one

Spurs da champs
07-02-2009, 01:30 AM
Bass is just gonna hinder the development of Blair.. they are basically clones of each other... spurs need a legitimate sized PF, not another undersized one

Agree but their long arms make up for it still I agree that bass is like blair and it's stupid to sign him.

Plus i never really liked bass's annoying ass complaining.

NewJerSpur
07-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Wonder who's going to wind up "reeling in" Bass....yeah it was cheesy as hell, but I couldn't resist after seeing that pick, LOL.

VivaPopovich
07-02-2009, 02:07 AM
brandon bass is a good underrated player but cuban will probably overpay for him

i dont see cuban letting him go, he has a thing for money players that dunk

Mr. Body
07-02-2009, 02:44 AM
Bass and McClinton, Wild West Lawmen.

Spurs Brazil
07-05-2009, 08:25 AM
A wee bit of news on Brandon Bass
I contacted Brandon Bass' agent, Tony Dutt, by email Saturday and he confirmed he has had conversations with Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins about Bass.

I'd heard some NBA team had offered Bass a five-year deal worth in excess of $25 million. Dutt declined to confirm whether the Bobcats made such an offer, but I'm told elsewhere the Bobcats wouldn't be that team.

It's clear the Bobcats have interest in Bass as their backup power forward. It's complicated, because the Bobcats already have tied up a lot of money in reserves DeSagana Diop, Nazr Mohammed and Vladimir Radmanovic. I'm told one potential solution could involve a sign-and-trade with Bass's previous team, the Dallas Mavericks.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/07/a-wee-bit-of-news-on-brandon-bass.html

I hope it's not the Spurs

Ghazi
07-05-2009, 08:32 AM
ONE hit wonder. He'll suck major ass against the Nuggets just watch...

2 hit wonder is more like it. he's strung together 2 solid regular seasons and playoffs

Getcha facts straight

bigfan
07-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Aint no way this guy is worth 5/25. I live in Dallas and see many of their games on tv, Bass is good and would make a fine backup pf but thats it. He does hustle, reminds me of Malik Rose.

loveforthegame
07-05-2009, 12:28 PM
It doesn't sound like a deal the Spurs would offer. Even if they knew Wallace and McDyess were not coming here.

timvp
07-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Bass has at least five teams besides the Hornets interested in offering him a deal that includes Charlotte Bobcats, Orlando Magic, San Antonio Spurs and the Dallas Mavericks.

http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/2009/07/new_orleans_hornets_appear_to.html

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Bass would make sense if the Spurs strike out on Wallace and McDyess and can sign Splitter or can acquire a starting big via trade.

5 years and $25 mil might be a little on the high side, but not too much, especially if the annual salary isn't a straight $5 mil per, but rather starts at around $4.3 mil. That would leave about $1.5 mil of the MLE, so it would be kinda like having another LLE to use.

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2009, 02:18 PM

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Plus if Gortat is worth 5 years and $32 mil, Bass is certainly worth $25 mil guaranteed.

Ditty
07-05-2009, 02:21 PM
i like bass if he was willing to take the LLE if we grab rasheed and there is way of brininging dice in or gooden back my other guys i want to see in a spurs uniform

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Shit, I'd like Bass if the Spurs could pay him the minimum, but it's a business, not a charity.

kbrury
07-05-2009, 02:24 PM
i like bass if he was willing to take the LLE if we grab rasheed and there is way of brininging dice in or gooden back my other guys i want to see in a spurs uniform

Bass and Dice are both going to get MLE offers. Gooden should get more then the LLE.

Ditty
07-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Bass and Dice are both going to get MLE offers. Gooden should get more then the LLE.

well then i rather have gooden back,gooen can play better defense than bass and put up the same numbers i just like tha fact that bass is a big dude on the post but i think the spurs got blair to take care of the stronger big men in the league so i think its prettyt much dice or sheed for the spurs if no one hasnt noticed yet:lol

DPG21920
07-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Shit, I'd like Bass if the Spurs could pay him the minimum, but it's a business, not a charity.

You think Glen Davis for the MLE is good but Bass for the minimum :wtf

Spurtacus
07-05-2009, 07:40 PM
No way we land Bass if he's been offered 25 mil. I wouldn't want him for that price either.

timvp
07-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Tony Dutt, Bass' agent, had talked to four teams this morning by the time I called about an hour ago. The Mavs weren't one of them, but Dutt has been in consistent contact with the folks in the Dallas front office.

"We continue to talk to Brandon's agent and hope to work something out," Mark Cuban said.

Dutt is continuing to talk to a lot of other teams, too. He mentioned the Bobcats, Magic, Hornets, Pistons, Blazers and Lakers (if Lamar Odom leaves) as among the possibilities.

As for the Mavs ...

"We're making some progress, but we're not there yet," Dutt said. "We're not there at all. All I can say is that we're making progress. I'm not going to say it's a bad offer [made by the Mavs], but it's not where we're trying to go."

Here's where Bass and Dutt are trying to go: to a team that offers a deal in the five-year, $25 million range.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/07/what-about-brandon-bass.html

So the Spurs are suddenly out of the running for Bass? They must have no interest because the best way to get the Mavs to up their offer is to say the Spurs are zeroing in on Bass.

As the free agency turns . . .

Mr. Body
07-06-2009, 01:06 PM
So the 5 year/$25 million offer was a mirage? Dutt was bluffing a team offered that?

Spurs Brazil
07-06-2009, 02:30 PM
So the Spurs are suddenly out of the running for Bass? They must have no interest because the best way to get the Mavs to up their offer is to say the Spurs are zeroing in on Bass.

Maybe the Spurs already have something done.

FvckMavs
07-06-2009, 02:32 PM

i hope it is not big baby.

smrattler
07-06-2009, 03:07 PM

I was about to post that same link and comments.

Spurs are not on the list of 5 or 6 teams his agent is talking to?

Hell, EVERYONE adds "Spurs" to the list even if it's just a call that says "hi". We really must not want Bass.

Time to focus on Dice. Give him 2 yrs of the MLE and tell him and RJ we have two years to get a title. Let's go!

timvp
07-06-2009, 03:09 PM

Everything is stating to point to Big Baby :wakeup

Tully365
07-06-2009, 03:13 PM
:lol With the way most internet rumors are starting to be exposed as quite possibly completely untrue, I'm really starting to lose my faith in them.

Hey, does anyone know what time Rasheed's plane will land at the San Antonio airport today?

smrattler
07-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Hey, does anyone know what time Rasheed's plane will land at the San Antonio airport today?

It landed a week ago, don't you know? Where've you been?

Tully365
07-06-2009, 03:16 PM
It landed a week ago, don't you know? Where've you been?

That dude's really gonna help our team. CIA POP!