04-29-2009, 02:34 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_james_singleton.jpg

James Singleton | F
Born: Jul 20, 1981
Height: 6-8 / 2,03
Weight: 230 lbs. / 104,3 kg.
College: Murray State
Years Pro: 4

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/james_singleton/index.html)

Ditty
04-29-2009, 02:36 AM
no

he must suck if he never played and was on the mavs

loveforthegame
04-29-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm surprised he didn't get some minutes against the Spurs. He gave them some fits during the regular season. He's physical, rebounds the ball, and can shoot the 3.

He'll end up somewhere because the Mavs will focus on resigning Bass.

SenorSpur
04-29-2009, 10:38 AM
He's got a very physical, yet all-around game. Should've gotten more time. His skills, and those of Gist, are probably interchangeable, but I like him a lot.

portnoy1
05-25-2009, 04:58 PM
I think he is a good fit for what the spurs want to do. Pop likes to go small, but has never really had the personnel to do so. I mean unathletic 6-5 Udoka at the 4. No wonder we would always get outrebounded. Singleton is 6-8 athletic and fairly young, He'll be 28 in July. Pop can play him at the 3 to defend the Lebrons/Durants. And then he can play him at the 4 when he wants to go small and not sacrifice rebounds since Singleton is an awesome rebounder. FYI - he had 14reb game against the spurs last season.

05-25-2009, 05:36 PM
definitely looking at the bottom of the barrel here. still better than udoka though.

Obstructed_View
05-25-2009, 07:01 PM
From strictly a physical build standpoint, he fills a need. I keep asking this question, but how much worse could he be?

portnoy1
05-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Interesting stat. He played in 62 gms and averaged 5.1 pts / 4.0 rbs in 14.3 min
that really doesn't sound impressive at first. However half the games he played 25 or more minutes, the other half he played 2-9 minutes. Why? I have no idea. The interesting stat is that their were only 17gms where he played 20minutes or over. In those games He averaged 10.1 pts / 9.2 rbs / 1 steal / 1 block. He would be a great fit for the spurs. Not only that, but I'll challenge any REAL spurs fan to look at Matt Bonners game log/stats and count the times he had 9 or more Rebounds in a game. Off the top of my head I remember only 3 games where had 9 rbs or more and thats considering that he averaged 23.0 minutes for the whole season. You can even pick out 17 good games and it still wont compare to a pyhsical, athletic guy like Singleton. FYI - please dont try to factor in the 3pt shooting, its overrated with Bonner and he couldn't hit one in the playoffs anyhow.

exstatic
05-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Interesting stat. He played in 62 gms and averaged 5.1 pts / 4.0 rbs in 14.3 min
that really doesn't sound impressive at first. However half the games he played 25 or more minutes, the other half he played 2-9 minutes. Why? I have no idea. The interesting stat is that their were only 17gms where he played 20minutes or over. In those games He averaged 10.1 pts / 9.2 rbs / 1 steal / 1 block. He would be a great fit for the spurs. Not only that, but I'll challenge any REAL spurs fan to look at Matt Bonners game log/stats and count the times he had 9 or more Rebounds in a game. Off the top of my head I remember only 3 games where had 9 rbs or more and thats considering that he averaged 23.0 minutes for the whole season. You can even pick out 17 good games and it still wont compare to a pyhsical, athletic guy like Singleton. FYI - please dont try to factor in the 3pt shooting, its overrated with Bonner and he couldn't hit one in the playoffs anyhow.

Nice theory, but If Singleton is playing big minutes, the game is a blowout one way or the other, and it's garbage time. Bonner plays against starters. I'm not a particular Bonner fan. Just thought I'd point that out.

portnoy1
05-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Nice theory, but If Singleton is playing big minutes, the game is a blowout one way or the other, and it's garbage time. Bonner plays against starters. I'm not a particular Bonner fan. Just thought I'd point that out.
I'm not gonna disagree, cause I haven't checked the actual box scores. However Bonner is to big ( 6-10) not to get rebounds. Kendrick Perkins likes to bang in the post and get boards. Singleton can be physical, and can get rebounds wether its garbage time or not. When bonner got garbage time in the 2007-2008 season he did pretty lousy, except for that one game against the warriors when he put up 25pts/17rbs. So if Bonner can start and do half-way decent. Then I think Singleton should get that same opportunity If he plays with the spurs. He can start at SF and play 25-30 minutes like Bonner did and will probably get 10pts and 7rbs on hustle plays ( dunks, putbacks etc ).