04-29-2009, 02:38 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_ron_artest.jpg

Ron Artest | F
Born: Nov 13, 1979
Height: 6-7 / 2,01
Weight: 260 lbs. / 117,9 kg.
College: St. John's
Years Pro: 9

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/ron_artest/index.html)

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2009, 02:38 AM
too much $ for Artest..

Ditty
04-29-2009, 02:39 AM
he seems to like houston

jacks up to many 3's

will talk to kobe and piss him off and go off for 40

i don't think so

Manufan909
04-29-2009, 02:41 AM
If Pop can control Jax, I think he could control Artest. Having an SF rotation of Artest/Hairston/Bowen would be sick. The Spurs would have to find a way of losing Fin though.:bang

TheSpursFNRule
04-29-2009, 02:51 AM
this WILL not happen. He costs way to much and seems happy in Houston. Why the hell would he come here for less money and for a team equal or maybe a little less than the team he's on now.

crc21209
04-29-2009, 03:13 AM
The way he's played this yr...bring him on! Can you imagine a lineup of TP, Manu, Artest, TD, and Sheed? Off the bench with Hill, Mason, Bowen, Hairston or Fin, Gooden (re-sign him). Hell yeah. :tu....well I can dream right? :lol

layupdrill
04-29-2009, 05:26 AM
He is staying in Houston. Hate to break it to you

Spursmania
05-08-2009, 12:20 AM
Yep, he won't come to SA. This will never happen.

angelbelow
05-08-2009, 01:33 AM
pop could definitely control ron ron. but i dont think ron ron wants to come.

Indazone
05-08-2009, 02:14 AM
It's going to take part of T-Mac's salary to sign Artest. I think Artest makes something like 8.5 Mil right now.

TheSpursFNRule
05-08-2009, 02:43 AM
We'd land T-Mac before we land Artest.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-08-2009, 05:53 AM
NOT

GOING

TO

HAPPEN.

Can anyone spell "Sprewell vs PJ Mk II"? :lol

quentin_compson
05-08-2009, 07:03 AM
I really like Artest as a player. But he can't seem to control his tendency of hitting too many ill-advised jumpshots, which sometimes kills the team-offense.

That being said, there won't be enough money to get him anyway, so I agree:
Not going to happen.

exstatic
05-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Most Spurs fans are smart enough to realize that Artest is a bullet dodged. While he is a fierce competitor, his decision making and shot selection are for shit.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Most Spurs fans are smart enough to realize that Artest is a bullet dodged. While he is a fierce competitor, his decision making and shot selection are for shit.

Actually, ex, you are giving far too much credit to "most Spurs fans" if the influx of mouth-breathers into ST this year is any indication.

Let's change that to "most enlightened Spurs fans". :lol

Yuushi12
05-08-2009, 11:20 PM

+1 i hate his decision making and specially his shot selection

source: just watch his PO games specially this game 3 against the lakers

Thomas82
05-09-2009, 12:16 AM
He'll get a long-term deal from Houston this summer.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Theres no way we'd actually spend money to acquire a good perimeter defender.

Blackjack
05-09-2009, 01:02 AM

Pretty much.

I've tried to sell myself on the idea of Artest, and wouldn't have been against acquiring him in the last year of his contract, but I just can't see him being a championship-caliber player, when the guy doesn't understand the importance of playing your role or within yourself.

The guys got a shitload of talent but it doesn't mean shit, if he doesn't know how to best utilize it.

Pass.

baseline bum
05-09-2009, 01:03 AM
Artest would be perfect if he didn't think he was Kobe on the offensive end and Tyson off the court. Unfortunately, he's a bigger black hole on offense than Francis and Iverson combined, with half the offensive talent of either. He'll be on the trading block by next season like he always is. Here's how every Artest stop goes:

1) Artest plays his ass off for one season, contributing heavily in a playoff run
2) Everyone oohs and aahs about how he finally gets it
3) New season starts and Artest starts acting like an ass
4) His team regrets their decision to bring him in and puts him on the block for pennies on the dollar
5) He is either traded or allowed to walk for nothing to a new team
6) Goto step 1

Cant_Be_Faded
05-09-2009, 01:10 AM
I'd rather have him starting SF than Finley.

baseline bum
05-09-2009, 01:14 AM
I'd rather have Steve Smith or Paul Pressey starting SF than Finley.

timvp
05-09-2009, 01:57 AM
Yeah, Artest would be a horrible fit. Ballhog with low offensive IQ. On top of that, he's slowing down on the defensive end. Carrying around all that bulk has finally caught up to him and he's slowly Udoka-ing on that end.

Mark in Austin
05-09-2009, 08:00 AM
not that he's available, but I'd much rather have Battier. At least he knows his limitations.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-09-2009, 11:38 AM
not that he's available, but I'd much rather have Battier. At least he knows his limitations.

hhhnnNnNnnNnnnnnnnnnnnnaturally
but again, he's too adept, too expensive. We go for cheap, middle-of-the-road, half-promising acquisitions.

z0sa
05-09-2009, 01:51 PM
100% yes. He's a nutcase, granted, but that's why we have the League's BEST disciplinarian in Pop and Tim Duncan, a player Artest looks "up" to.

I think it'd be safe to say that Finley would be frozen to the bench during cold spells if Artest came over, as well.

eh, this is sad if you ask me. Not that our opinions differ or that you think he might not fit in, but that most of you aren't willing to take medium risk, high reward moves like this one would be.

Tim Duncan's window is closing shut, and quickly. Now now now is all any of you should be thinking. I doubt Artest, if he could be had a decent price and in the right state of mind (both obviously granted before he could be a spur), would be a 'horrible' fit on the spurs.

lurker23
05-18-2009, 04:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4174528

Artest wants to stay with Rockets
ESPN.com news services

Ron Artest wants to return to an amicable Houston Rockets team for a second season, the forward told the Houston Chronicle on Sunday, a desire the team's general manager says he would like to fulfill.

"I just know this team was so good, I think we'll grow together," Artest said.

The Rockets took the Los Angeles Lakers to a Game 7 in their second-round playoff series despite missing center Yao Ming and forward Tracy McGrady.

"He has a desire to come back," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey told the Chronicle. "We have a desire to make it work. That's step one with a lot of steps from here."

Artest became a free agent after an extension wasn't reached during the season, when the Rockets agreed to put off any contract talks until after the playoffs, the report said. The Rockets were limited in what they could offer Artest in an extension, with raises over four years that could not have exceeded $37 million.

"It's going the right direction," David Bauman, Artest's agent, said. "Daryl has done an amazing job assembling a really good core of both young players and veterans for the future."

Artest averaged 17.1 points and 5.2 rebounds in 35.5 minutes per game this season, his 10th in the NBA.

duncan228
05-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Rockets want him back, but Artest to weigh options

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126736

DAF86
05-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Theres no way we'd actually spend money to acquire a good perimeter defender.

You should read this

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-40-102/Sherman-Alexie--Cage-the-Pit-Bull.html

StoneBuddha
05-19-2009, 06:02 PM
You should read this

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-40-102/Sherman-Alexie--Cage-the-Pit-Bull.html

Nice find... I was literally laughing out loud thinking of the "Ron Artest" in my own regular pick-up game.

The crazier thing is that the Rockets are afraid to even try and rein in Ron-Ron because of the possible consequences. I dont think you can ever win a championship with a guy like that.

Besides, as timvp mentions, he is getting slower and slower. His incredible strength doesn't help him stay in front of the elite perimter scorers anymore... It was pretty apparent that Battier was way more effective in keeping Kobe in front of him than Artest as Kobe always seemed to blow by Artest throughout the Rockets series.

GuerillaBlack
05-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Which team can offer more than Houston, Memphis, Detroit, and Oklahoma City? If you said none, then you're correct. Now, which of those teams would Artest most likely sign to? :toast

By the way, I'm sure Chinese endorsement deals factor in.

DPG21920
05-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Timvp called it. Ron played very well (except his offense nose-dived), but he looks painfully slow.

TheSpursFNRule
05-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Get over it. He said he wants to stay in Houston. He will stay in Houston.

Brazil
05-20-2009, 09:46 PM
We want ronron ! We want ronron ! We want ronron

Spursfan092120
05-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Bring his psycho hoodrat ass to the Spurs...suit him up.

Indazone
05-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Ron is slow because he's got bone spurs in his ankle that need an off season operation.

Ditty
05-21-2009, 12:25 AM
no ariza is better

Spurs Brazil
07-01-2009, 06:04 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60262/20090701/cavs_going_after_artest/

Cavs Going After Artest

Jul 01, 2009 6:21 PM EST
According to several league sources, the Cavaliers have been been in contact with Ron Artest.

LeBron James met with Artest on Tuesday night, according to the report.

The Rockets have had interest in Cavs free agent Anderson Varejao in the past, which opens up some possibilities of a sign-and-trade scenario - though the Cavs have said they want to re-sign Varejao.

Via Plain Dealer

Spursmania
07-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Bring his psycho hoodrat ass to the Spurs...suit him up.

Remember when he was complementing Duncan and said he was a pimp?
lol....:lol

wildbill2u
07-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Artest WAS happy in Houston, but the demise of Yao may have both him and the team reconsidering their options.

For Artest, the possibility of a championship may not go through Houston after all.

For Houston, all the talk is about whether to blow up the team or get an expensive big man through FA.

duncan228
07-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Remember when he was complementing Duncan and said he was a pimp?
lol....:lol

I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp.

-Ron Artest

duncan228
07-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Agent: Artest mulling options in free agency (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-rockets-artest&prov=ap&type=lgns)
By Chris Duncan

If LeBron James or Kobe Bryant are looking for a little help, Ron Artest is taking calls.

The Rockets star forward, an unrestricted free agent, will consider a team’s chances of winning an NBA championship when deciding where he’ll bring his skills next season, his agent says.

David Bauman said Wednesday that his client would like to return to Houston, but Artest would also think about signing with a contending team—and that might rule out the Rockets if Yao Ming’s broken left foot keeps him out for the season.

Bauman wouldn’t say which teams have contacted him about Artest. But he said he would expect Artest to talk to James and Bryant if the Cavaliers or Lakers teams were interested in him.

“All the superstars are very savvy and great recruiters,” Bauman said. “The superstars are sometimes even better recruiters than the general managers or their staffs. Between Kobe and Ron or LeBron and Ron, there are always conversations that occur. I think I’ll just leave it at that at this point.”

The Plain Dealer of Cleveland, citing anonymous sources, reported Wednesday that James and Artest met Tuesday in Los Angeles. James, the league MVP, was in Los Angeles on Sunday for the BET awards. Bauman declined to comment on the report.

Artest earned more than $7 million last season. Houston general manager Daryl Morey said he has contacted Bauman, but Artest’s agent would not comment on the progress so far.

“Obviously, we’d love to do a deal with the Rockets,” Bauman said. “At this point, I think it’s premature. We really have to figure out what all the options are and what’s the best place for Ron, both financially and from a playing perspective.”

Cleveland would be an intriguing option, where Artest could round out a formidable trio with LeBron James and Shaquille O’Neal.

Cavs coach Mike Brown was an assistant at Indiana when Artest was there in 2003-04. The two developed a good relationship, and it was Brown who chased Artest into the seats when the sometimes volatile forward went after a Detroit fan in Auburn Hills, Mich., during the infamous brawl there in ’04.

The Cavaliers could use a tough, physical defender like Artest after struggling to guard Orlando’s perimeter shooters in the Eastern Conference finals last season. James has said that Artest gives him as much trouble as any defender he faces.

Another enticing possibility is the Los Angeles Lakers. The NBA champs may lose free agent swingman Trevor Ariza.

All of this could deepen the misery for the Rockets, who already expect to be missing Tracy McGrady for the first half of next season as he tries to come back from microfracture surgery on his left knee. The team is waiting for more medical opinions on Yao’s fractured left foot, which a team doctor said this week could threaten his career.

Bauman would not say how much the injuries might impact Artest’s decision, saying only that his client will definitely size up a team’s chances of winning a championship before signing anywhere.

“We will give that very strong consideration,” Bauman said.

Tully365
07-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Artest has his issues no doubt, but I think some people are really selling him short in this thread. He's no scrub. He was a big reason why Houston minus Yao & TMac went further in the playoffs than the Spurs. I mean, c'mon, the Rockets took a talented and fully loaded Lakers team to 7 games with 6'5" and 6'7" back-ups playing center, while the Spurs lost in 5 to the Mavs.

I don't want Artest on the Spurs, but I have to admit I do fear him going to Cleveland, Orlando, or L.A.

Marcus Bryant
07-01-2009, 10:31 PM
If I wasn't afraid that in the middle of the 2nd quarter he'd tackle the Coyote and start eating his head I'd want Artest in the silver and black.

exstatic
07-01-2009, 10:34 PM
If I wasn't afraid that in the middle of the 2nd quarter he'd tackle the Coyote and start eating his head I'd want Artest in the silver and black.

That.

NewJerSpur
07-01-2009, 10:36 PM

Same here.

Spurs Brazil
07-01-2009, 10:52 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60268/20090701/sources_artest_unlikely_to_return_to_rockets/

Sources: Artest Unlikely To Return To Rockets

Ron Artest could be departing the Houston Rockets after just one season with the team.

"NBA sources told FOX 26 Sports Wednesday it is unlikely free agent forward Ron Artest will return to the Houston Rockets."

"League sources told FOX 26 the Rockets would be willing to offer Artest a one-year contract at best. The sources said because of that the chances of Artest resigning with Houston are remote."

picnroll
07-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Artest should go to NY and hang out with Kidd for a year until LeBron and Bosh sign there.

spurspokesman
07-02-2009, 09:52 AM
I'd rather have him starting SF than Finley.
Finley will no longer start sf. That's rjs gig now

Indazone
07-02-2009, 11:10 AM
I for one would rather see him go to the Spurs or any other playoff team other than the Lakers or Cavs. Screw those teams!

Artest will give added toughness and he ain't Dennis Rodman.