PDA

View Full Version : It seems like yesterday . . .

timvp
04-29-2009, 02:45 AM
I was telling Mav Fans not to worry and that they'd make the playoffs. Got damn it. The Beloved Boys in Blue must have made you proud.

Props :depressed

P.S.

The Mavs are officially to the Spurs as the Supersonics were to the Rockets in the mid-90s. I spend most of the regular season hoping the Spurs and Mavs wouldn't meet in the first round. I'm already beginning that process for the 2010 playoffs. The Mavs are perfectly built to attack every Spurs weakness. Even with a totally health Spurs team the series is at best a coin flip for the Spurs :(

Xylus
04-29-2009, 02:46 AM
Mavs:Spurs::Spurs:Suns

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 02:52 AM
As young as I was I remember the period after Portland fell apart and before the Jazz were dominant was the three headed monster of Phoenix, Seattle and Houston where Phoenix always beat Seattle, Houston always beat Phoenix, and Seattle always beat Houston. If only Danny Manning stayed healthy.

And I agree Timvp, the Mavs are just a different team when they play the Spurs. Kidd hits his open shots, and ever since Rose got traded Dirk is extremely confident in his ability to get his shot and is never hesitant. What the two biggest factors are IMO is Dallas plays hard consistent defense against the Spurs and J-Ho's IQ goes up 100 points whenever he's on the court against SA.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2009, 02:55 AM
I was telling Mav Fans not to worry and that they'd make the playoffs. Got damn it. The Beloved Boys in Blue must have made you proud.

Props :depressed

P.S.

The Mavs are officially to the Spurs as the Supersonics were to the Rockets in the mid-90s. I spend most of the regular season hoping the Spurs and Mavs wouldn't meet in the first round. I'm already beginning that process for the 2010 playoffs. The Mavs are perfectly built to attack every Spurs weakness. Even with a totally health Spurs team the series is at best a coin flip for the Spurs :(

It's not just that they're geared to our weaknesses. How many series will JKidd and JHo shoot like that, or Brandon Bass suddenly become a very solid player?

Denver will knock them out in 5 or 6, depending on how many games the Mavs role players show up for. Expect a couple blowouts when Howard and Kidd remember where they came from and have ~15% shooting nights.

Ghazi
04-29-2009, 03:06 AM
Umm

Kidd shot 40% in the series, right around his season average

43% from the arc, well you know what he was wide open

J-Ho shot nearly 50% for the series, well you know what he had Michael Finley guarding him.

Also Terry shot horribly for the series.

Mavs did not win this series because of fluky shooting as you're alluding to.

If anythings gonna regress to the mean next round its Chauncy's 75% from behind the arc.

sribb43
04-29-2009, 07:38 AM
It's not just that they're geared to our weaknesses. How many series will JKidd and JHo shoot like that, or Brandon Bass suddenly become a very solid player?

Obviously you havent watched a Mavs game all season with that piss poor analysis of yours

Extra Stout
04-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Kidd didn't shoot well, Howard always does that against the Spurs, and Brandon Bass is a solid player.

The other thing to keep in mind is that outside the Big 3, the Spurs are horrible, while the Mavs are deep.

sribb43
04-29-2009, 07:44 AM
Kidd didn't shoot well, Howard always does that against the Spurs, and Brandon Bass is a solid player.

The other thing to keep in mind is that outside the Big 3, the Spurs are horrible, while the Mavs are deep.

A few months ago you would have been out of your mind to say this but the Mavs bench has vastly improved throughout the season

dirk4mvp
04-29-2009, 09:45 AM
I can smell cry havoc's scorching mangina all the way over here in the second round.

Thunder Dan
04-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Let's turn this into Mavstalk for a couple months now that the Spurs are out

Double-Up
04-29-2009, 10:32 AM
"Everythang's gonna be alright"