PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Draft Prospect: Jonas Jerebko

200 miles
04-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Height: 6'9''
Weight: 226 lbs.
DOB: 3/2/87
Nationality: Swedish
Current Team: Angelico Biella (Gist's team)

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jonas-Jerebko-1403/

IMO, with his defensive potential, he would be a good fit by being that long 3 the Spurs have been searching for.

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2009, 08:08 AM
i say we sign him if we can get alot of swedish girls onto this site :D:D:D:D

EricB
04-29-2009, 08:09 AM
If he declares won't he be lottery level though.

Bruno
04-29-2009, 08:10 AM
If he declares won't he be lottery level though.

He hasn't to declare. He is automatically eligible as an international player born in 87.

EricB
04-29-2009, 08:17 AM
Apologies I've got him confused with casspi.

200 miles
04-29-2009, 09:00 AM
He should be available by pick 37. He might be as good, if not better, as Batum.

TheProfessor
04-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Ford's out of his mind thinking Jerebko would go in the lottery, but late first/early second is likelier, before our pick. Considering his recent development and defensive capacity, I don't think it's out of the question that the Spurs move up to get a player like Jerebko. I'd put him there with Casspi as one of our main foreign targets.

ashbeeigh
04-29-2009, 11:49 AM
i say we sign him if we can get alot of swedish girls onto this site :D:D:D:D

crazy. I'm already 1/4 swedish.

Sign me up for any white guy with a name that I cannot pronounce without practice a la Beno.

Ditty
04-29-2009, 07:14 PM
hope hes there late and satsy overseas for a year or two

tav1
04-29-2009, 07:42 PM
He is a teammate of James Gist. The Spurs' scouts saw him plenty. We'll find out what they thought in 7 weeks.

biziofromdowntown
05-04-2009, 03:34 AM
he has the potential to be a great defensive 3 in NBA

duncan228
05-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Jonas Jerebko Bio (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txjonasjerebkobio&prov=st&type=lgns)
By Matt Beardmore

NAME: Jonas Jerebko

CLUB: Angelico Biella (Italian league)

POSITION: Forward

HEIGHT: 6-foot-9

WEIGHT: 210 pounds

SCOUTING REPORT: Jerebko has the tools to be a solid role player in the NBA. Since leaving the Swedish league, the 22-year-old forward has gained nearly 30 pounds, becoming a physical force that will be necessary when he’s facing NBA-sized talent. Jerebko is an average offensive player (although he’s good at running the floor and has 3-point range), but he’s a solid rebounder who can crash the boards and give a team valuable extra possessions. On the defensive end, Jerebko has great instincts and athleticism, and he has the ability to step out in the passing lane, grab loose balls or shut down his man. Jerebko is a mature, team-first player that has shown solid progress in his second season in the Italian league. Expected to go at the end of the first round or beginning of the second, Jerebko should provide a team with solid bench production.

Spurs_9_20_21
05-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Gosh! There are so many players I want at the 37th pick!! I want Danny Green, now I want Jonas Jerebko, Damion James, A.J. Abrams, Wayne Ellington....the list just could keep going. But some of them probably won't go at the 37th pick.

benefactor
05-15-2009, 09:47 PM
As tav1 mentioned, the Spurs have had plenty of time to get a feel for this kid. If he is as good defensively as advertised then hopefully he is on their radar. I want Danny Green with our 37th pick, but Jerebko could be a nice consolation prize if he is gone before we pick.

timvp
06-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Sweden's Jonas Jerebko -- showed up at the camp a day late on Sunday and then refused to play because he was "tired" from a playoff series that had ended four days earlier.

Chad Ford - Insider (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=DraftWatch-090608)

CIA? :drunk

Bruno
06-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Sweden's Jonas Jerebko -- showed up at the camp a day late on Sunday and then refused to play because he was "tired" from a playoff series that had ended four days earlier.

Chad Ford - Insider (http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/insider/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=DraftWatch-090608)

Jerebko played on Monday for the last day of the camp.

biziofromdowntown
06-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Still not at NBA level

Biggems
06-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I'd like to get Derrick Brown at 37, and then Jerebko at 51....I doubt it will happen....but it would be nice.

Blackjack
06-11-2009, 02:38 AM
Jonathan Givony-DX-

Jonas Jerebko, 6-9 (no measurements)
Angelico Biella, Sweden, 1987

Coming off an impressive showing in the Italian league semi-finals, Jerebko played only one game here on the camp’s final day. Regardless, he was able to make his presence felt immediately, looking impressive in both the morning drills and the actual game--giving the NBA people a very good feel for what he brings to the table. Jerebko shot the ball well throughout the day, only missing one of his seven shots in the game, while picking up 5 steals, 4 rebounds and 2 assists in 28 minutes. He also showed something of a back to the basket game, using his superior size to get off a pretty and very old-school sky-hook shot in the lane. He played very physical man to man defense on the perimeter, while always looking to make the proper rotation on team defense. He also showed plenty of hustle, going the length of the floor with reckless abandon at one point to come up with a loose ball, and using his length to alter plenty of shots around the paint as well, not giving his matchup anything easy. Considering the small sample size, there wasn’t a whole lot more Jerebko could have done. After seeing him a number of times in person over the past year and a half, it’s safe to say that there aren’t many players like him in this draft.

loveforthegame
06-11-2009, 10:56 AM
http://www.nbadraft.net/node/6795

Top 10 Eurocamp prospects:

1. Jonas Jerebko 6'9'' SF Sweden 1987
Even though he only ended up playing one game, it was enough for Jerebko to showcase the majority of his strengths as well as some weaknesses. His outside shot was working and he was able to step out to the NBA three and easily knock down a couple from deep. He showed his athleticism on a backdoor cut where he finished with a nice dunk over a big help side defender. His strength is also a key ingredient to his game as he is able to battle with bigger players inside and can also do some damage with his back to the basket. He converted on a few plays around the basket, one including a nice running hook and the other one was a tough finish after a spin move in the paint. With all of the good things that Jerebko showed, it was still obvious that he is not a smooth and natural player. His shot is effective, but his release is extremely slow and he is not good at shooting on the move or off the dribble. Off the dribble he is extremely limited and is not comfortable making counter moves when he gets cut off. He likes to turn his back to the defense when he feels pressure, and then tries to use his body to continue his progress to the basket. With all that said, the one game was definitely a positive for Jerebko, he seems like a great kid who is willing to put in the work and as a result he should have a good chance to play in the NBA.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-11-2009, 11:21 AM
That list is missing a #7. :lol

ace3g
06-11-2009, 11:56 AM
That list is missing a #7. :lol

7. Vyacheslav Kravtsov 7'0'' C Ukraine 1987
The big man showed a lot of intriguing things this week, including a good motor, good hands, solid body and the ability to bang inside with opposing bigs. He does not shy away from physical play and using his wide frame he can get good position. His offensive repertoire may not be the most advanced, but his footwork is fundamental and he shoots an efficient mini hook around the basket. He is an excellent athlete for his size (37 inch vertical and a 7'2 wingspan, 9'3 standing reach), but unfortunately he hasn't yet figured out how to use his great physical gifts to his advantage. He also does not have the greatest foot speed which limits his defensive potential to a degree. He was listed at 6’8 with shoes, but standing beside the 7’ Henk Norel it was obvious that 6’11 would be a much better representation. He may not be the most dynamic player, but he is a big, athletic body; a combination that makes him a commodity in today’s game.

http://www.nbadraft.net/node/6795

they just forgot to press enter to start a new paragraph, it is mixed in with #6

TheProfessor
06-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Ford infers Jerebko may have a promise from one of the teams with multiple first rounders, as he's refusing to work out for second round teams. I thought of the T-Wolves right off the bat if they don't trade that late first rounder.

Mr. Body
06-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Yeah, lots of people have him going in the 1st now.

Kravtsov might be interesting in the late 2nd.

yavozerb
06-19-2009, 04:35 PM
nbadraft.com

The top performer at this year's Reebok Eurocamp, Jonas Jerebko is reportedly getting looks in the late first round. Teams in the 23-29 range are possibilities for him as well as a team such as the Spurs or Rockets moving in to take him. The Lakers (29th pick) are said to be very high on Jerebko as well.

Mr. Body
06-19-2009, 06:02 PM
He should be available by pick 37. He might be as good, if not better, as Batum.

Dude, no one is as good as Batum.

Tully365
06-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Every scouting report I've read raves about his defensive abilities. It would be really interesting to see teammates Jerebko and Gist duke it out for bench minutes with the Spurs... or, to share some quality second team defensive court time.

spursbird
06-20-2009, 08:35 PM
I think we can draft him by pick 51. His efficiency is worse than Gist.

kbrury
06-20-2009, 08:36 PM
no way he lasts to 51

Joe Schmoogins
06-20-2009, 09:32 PM
who's the better talent, gist or jerebko?

Biggems
06-21-2009, 01:40 AM
If somehow he were able to last till 51....our draft could be sweet.....especially if we were able to get a 1st

1 - Derrick Brown
2 - Danny Green
2 - Jonas Jerebko
2 - Slava Kravstov/Ahmad Nivins

Tully365
06-21-2009, 02:19 AM
Draftexpress has the Lakers taking him at the end of the 1st round.... but it seems to me that the Lakers will be looking for a PG. Real GM has the Spurs taking Jerebko at 37 and Danny Green at 51, which I think would be a small miracle at this point.

KSeal
06-23-2009, 03:57 AM
I'm not really sure why the Lakers would draft this guy unless they aren't planning on resigning Ariza which I'm positive they are. Lakers need to draft a PG not a F. I think it would be a great pick for SA though, if he is still there at 37.

rascal
06-23-2009, 05:55 AM

Sounds soft.

Tully365
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
With the Jefferson trade now official, I think the priority becomes a PF or C, so maybe guys like Jerebko, Claver, and Green become less likely at #37...

Blackjack
06-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Draft Prospect: Jonas Jerebko

Most of you have probably heard the name Jonas Jerebko by now. He’s moving up the draft board, and there is no doubt the Spurs have a strong opinion about his game. Jerebko played last season with Angelico Biella, where he was a teammate of James Gist. The Spurs, one would assume, have scouted the Swedish small forward as thoroughly as any team in the Association. He’s currently mocked late first/early second.

Writing about his recent performance in Treviso, Jonathan Givony says:

[Jerebko] was able to make his presence felt immediately, looking impressive in both the morning drills and the actual game–giving the NBA people a very good feel for what he brings to the table. Jerebko shot the ball well throughout the day, only missing one of his seven shots in the game, while picking up 5 steals, 4 rebounds and 2 assists in 28 minutes. He also showed something of a back to the basket game, using his superior size to get off a pretty and very old-school sky-hook shot in the lane. He played very physical man to man defense on the perimeter, while always looking to make the proper rotation on team defense. He also showed plenty of hustle, going the length of the floor with reckless abandon at one point to come up with a loose ball, and using his length to alter plenty of shots around the paint as well, not giving his matchup anything easy. Considering the small sample size, there wasn’t a whole lot more Jerebko could have done. After seeing him a number of times in person over the past year and a half, it’s safe to say that there aren’t many players like him in this draft.

A little over 48 hours out, my optimism about this “weak draft” continues to grow. Not because I disagree that the draft is under-par in terms of talent. That assessment seems right to me. I’m encouraged by how nicely the draft sets up for San Antonio. The underwhelming amount of talent and poor economy have created a climate that could favor San Antonio on draft night. The Spurs will have legitimate opportunities to move into the first round, and the players available to them have skills sets that are in demand in San Antonio. Jerebko is one such player. If Buford wanted, he could try a hand at going all Presti/Pritchard on this draft. Jerebko may not be a homerun pick, but he’ll put a man on base.

Let me approach this from another angle. Even if the Spurs don’t move up, someone like Jerebko could fall into their lap. RealGM has posted a Spurs draft breakdown, and it includes this smart observation:

Who’s Gone Number 37th Recently?

The forecast actually doesn’t look too grim with the 37th overall pick. The Spurs lack a first-rounder, but they do have a solid history mining gems out of the second round. Someone similar to Mbah a Moute or Turiaf would be ideal for San Antonio. 2008 Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Milwaukee 2007 Josh McRoberts, Portland 2006 Bobby Jones, Minnesota (traded to Philadelphia) 2005 Ronny Turiaf, Los Angeles 2004 Royal Ivey, Atlanta

It’s easy to imagine a name like Jonas Jerebko or Victor Claver or Danny Green assuming a spot on that list. In terms of the 37th pick, the Spurs could get lucky.

The Painted Area is running a piece on Jerebko this morning. I loved this paragraph of their breakdown:

Another aspect that makes him enticing to NBA front offices is his defensive acumen. Primarily matched up with former Xavier standout David Hawkins in the semi-final series vs. AJ Milano. Did a very commendable job guarding the 6-3 Hawkins on the perimeter. Impressed with his lateral quickness on the defensive end, consistently changed direction pretty well. Never really got burned by the quicker Hawkins.

So the word on Jerebko is that he is a little bit of an everyman, with great size for small forward, the defensive chops to stick with perimeter players, and an emerging three point shot.

I’ll let you Google for on court highlights. The video below was shot by Givony and gives you a pretty good sense of Jerebko’s professionalism and demeanor. As an aside, Biella is known for its ability to develop players. This is one reason among many that the Spurs have struck up a friendship with the club. Givony and Jerebko talk a little about his development since joining the team. I’m curious to see if the Spurs send any more late picks to Biella, or if the Gist situation was a one year arrangement.

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/06/23/draft-prospect-jonas-jerebko/

timvp
06-24-2009, 10:11 PM
-Three teams that are looking to move into the first round are Miami, San Antonio and Houston. The Heat are supposedly looking at Taj Gibson and the Spurs are intrigued by Omri Casspi and Jonas Jerebko.

urunobili
06-24-2009, 11:16 PM
It'd be a wet dream to get this kid... he is TOUGH...