PDA

View Full Version : Man, I hated the Spurs...

pauls931
04-29-2009, 08:51 AM
But despite what you did to the suns repeatedly (and what the suns did to themselves), I hate seeing you go out like this because it seems like the end of an era where the Spurs, Suns, and occasionally Dallas were all going at it for the title every year.

Dallas shouldn't laugh too much either, they peaked at about the same time as Phoenix and the Spurs and are running on borrowed time.

Looks like the change of guard is complete...

jack sommerset
04-29-2009, 08:55 AM
You mean they ran out of luck. Coming from a Sun fan this is sad. If Amare and Diaw did not step off the bench noway the Spews would have won that series and go on to play for the championship. Suns had control of that series and a dumb rule caused them to lose. Thats called luck. I guess I should be happy you did not say "dynasty"

pauls931
04-29-2009, 09:02 AM
You mean they ran out of luck. Coming from a Sun fan this is sad. If Amare and Diaw did not step off the bench noway the Spews would have won that series and go on to play for the championship. Suns had control of that series and a dumb rule caused them to lose. Thats called luck. I guess I should be happy you did not say "dynasty"

I prefer to forget about that incident. Rules are rules despite how much common sense they remove from the equation.

iilluzioN
04-29-2009, 09:15 AM
thx man, and I miss watching the Suns play the lakers aswell... really fun times... this is a new era where the younger players seem more confident and grown up a little...

I hope the suns have a well rested shaq, and loses a few pounds... aswell as Amare, and nash! fun fun team to watch!

pauls931
04-29-2009, 09:25 AM
thx man, and I miss watching the Suns play the lakers aswell... really fun times... this is a new era where the younger players seem more confident and grown up a little...

I hope the suns have a well rested shaq, and loses a few pounds... aswell as Amare, and nash! fun fun team to watch!

I'm hoping they can bring in a big that can rotate on D or somehow teach Amare to do that. And teach nash to play john stockton dirty defense.

The spurs intrigue me though, I have the scary feeling both the Suns and Spurs waited too long to rebuild to where they got stuck with a lot of older talent.

ElNono
04-29-2009, 09:26 AM
I think our team is far from done...

pauls931
04-29-2009, 09:29 AM
I think our team is far from done...

If the big 3 can remain healthy, I'll agree. However I think Bowen is done and Bonner should not be starting. You need to pick up several very good role players, preferable younger ones.

ElNono
04-29-2009, 09:38 AM
If the big 3 can remain healthy, I'll agree. However I think Bowen is done and Bonner should not be starting. You need to pick up several very good role players, preferable younger ones.

That I certainly agree with. Both TD and TP played great, and that is a good sign that we can contend again. If they would have sucked, then I would have agreed with them being done.

SpuronyourFace
04-29-2009, 09:59 AM
But despite what you did to the suns repeatedly (and what the suns did to themselves), I hate seeing you go out like this because it seems like the end of an era where the Spurs, Suns, and occasionally Dallas were all going at it for the title every year.

Dallas shouldn't laugh too much either, they peaked at about the same time as Phoenix and the Spurs and are running on borrowed time.

Nah, we'll just reload in the offseason, and if healthy we'll be back contending next year.

lefty
04-29-2009, 10:09 AM

Oh, we'll be back next season :D

Gino
04-29-2009, 11:22 AM
I find it hard to believe that the Spurs "big three" will ever be healthy or talented enough to lead the Spurs to another championship.

It hasnt happened the last two seasons. And theyre just getting older.

Gino
04-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Why is my "team" the San Antonio Spurs under my avatar and why can't I change it back to Boston?

Findog
04-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Why is my "team" the San Antonio Spurs under my avatar and why can't I change it back to Boston?

Because you're a twatwaffle.

dirk4mvp
04-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Because when timvp changed it to where the color name matches your team name, you get switched back to what team you picked when you signed up, you fairweather faggot.

also...

America! Fuck yeah!

anonoftheinternets
04-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Because you're a twatwaffle.

:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm hoping they can bring in a big that can rotate on D or somehow teach Amare to do that.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

That's some funny shit. I wasn't aware rotating on defense is an extremely complicated procedure that needs to be taught. In case you forgot, they brought Porter and Bill Cartwright in to teach him to teach it, and Amare didn't listen because it wasn't very fun.

I hate how the Amare homers still think it's a matter of Amare learning. This was Tardemire's 7th season in the NBA, not his 2nd season. It's never been an issue of learning how to play defense, it's a matter of Amare caring about playing defense.

I know it's impossible for you to objectively look at a player who has been on the Suns ever since you started watching, but just admit Amare does not give a fuck about playing defense and cares even less about doing what he can to help his team win.

baseline bum
04-29-2009, 01:10 PM

So what's your excuse for that beatdown the Spurs threw on Phoenix in game 6 of that series?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 01:21 PM
So what's your excuse for that beatdown the Spurs threw on Phoenix in game 6 of that series?

There is none......Mike Antoni (he doesn't deserve the letter D in his name) inexplicably played Kurt Thomas only 12 minutes even though increasing his minutes was the one reason the Suns didn't get swept. Meanwhile Barbosa forgot to change his diaper and Antoni continued to give him big minutes for a must-win game disregarding his crappy play all series.

The team with the coach dumb enough to make a mistake as big as thinking Amare StandandAdmire could be Duncan's primary defender in a must win game when that mistake ALREADY BACKFIRED earlier on in the series doesn't deserve to win.

Gino
04-29-2009, 01:37 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

That's some funny shit. I wasn't aware rotating on defense is an extremely complicated procedure that needs to be taught. In case you forgot, they brought Porter and Bill Cartwright in to teach him to teach it, and Amare didn't listen because it wasn't very fun.

I hate how the Amare homers still think it's a matter of Amare learning. This was Tardemire's 7th season in the NBA, not his 2nd season. It's never been an issue of learning how to play defense, it's a matter of Amare caring about playing defense.

I know it's impossible for you to objectively look at a player who has been on the Suns ever since you started watching, but just admit Amare does not give a fuck about playing defense and cares even less about doing what he can to help his team win.

Its a mix. I dont think Amare has a great defensive IQ but I think he also needs a coach who will enforce him to play defense, a la Popovic.

Terry Porter wasnt an enforcer.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Its a mix. I dont think Amare has a great defensive IQ but I think he also needs a coach who will enforce him to play defense, a la Popovic.

Terry Porter wasnt an enforcer.

Amare has an extremely low IQ in general. I met his bodyguard a month ago and some of the stuff he's been doing since his eye injury is beyond retarded.

And Terry Porter was an enforcer, please don't try to tell someone who paid as much attention to the situation as I did that he wasn't. The reason Nash, Bell, Diaw, and Amare all hated the guy was because of how much of an enforcer he was.

They were used to Antoni who let you get away with anything if you were in his fav-7. Miss a practice, just apologize to him and he'll forget about it. Don't feel like rotating on defense, that's ok, just tell Antoni you didn't want to commit a foul that slows the tempo down and he'll say you did the smart thing.

When players sign with the Suns specifically cause they don't do stuff like practice or play defense, they don't take kindly to a newly hired coach that emphasizes both.

spursfan09
04-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Don't feel too bad for us. As far as I know If the big 3 stay healthy and with TP's ability to get better every single year Spurs aren't done. :flag:

Gino
04-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Amare has an extremely low IQ in general. I met his bodyguard a month ago and some of the stuff he's been doing since his eye injury is beyond retarded.

And Terry Porter was an enforcer, please don't try to tell someone who paid as much attention to the situation as I did that he wasn't. The reason Nash, Bell, Diaw, and Amare all hated the guy was because of how much of an enforcer he was.

Sorry pal, but you are wrong on this one. Porter didnt enforce any discipline anymore than D'Antoni.

I saw Shaq and Amare play some of the most careless defense Ive ever seen and I never saw Porter call a timeout to chew them out.

I saw Amare bark at the refs everytime he misses an inside shot, meanwhile his man goes untouched the other way for a dunk. Ive seen it multiple times. No timeout. No immediate substitution.

I read how Shaq informed Porter how he was coming into the game against the Lakers early in the season.

All Porter did was slow down the Suns. And then he kind of gave up on that idea mid-way through the first half.

Paul Silas. Popovic. etc.

Thats what Amare Stoudemire needs. Someone who isnt afraid to chew him out on national TV.

Gino
04-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Don't feel too bad for us. As far as I know If the big 3 stay healthy and with TP's ability to get better every single year Spurs aren't done. :flag:

I agree, Spurs arent done. But its starting to sound like "if Tmac and Yao can ever get healthy".

Is it still inherently possible to have the big three healthy? Even if there are no injuries, are they still talented enough after Duncan and Ginobili's natural regression?

monosylab1k
04-29-2009, 02:00 PM
the Spurs, Suns, and occasionally Dallas were all going at it for the title every year.

ROFL Dallas has been title contenders longer & more often than the Suns have this era. And they actually got to the Finals once. Fuckin Sun Fan douche.

pauls931
04-29-2009, 02:04 PM
ROFL Dallas has been title contenders longer & more often than the Suns have this era. And they actually got to the Finals once. Fuckin Sun Fan douche.

Assuming you started following the NBA in 2006, you are correct sir.

Gino
04-29-2009, 02:09 PM

I would say Dallas, Phoenix and the Spurs were definitely the cream of the crop for a few years, there. They produced some really great games between them.

But I wouldnt bother with the "KFC Gang" that trolls these boards.

monosylab1k
04-29-2009, 02:11 PM

Looks like you didn't follow Steve Nash pre-Suns, because in 2003 the Mavs were a 60 win team in the WCF. Otherwise known as a title contender. Where were the "perennial contender" Suns that year?

IronMexican
04-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Mavs were contenders for a longer period than the Suns, imo.

monosylab1k
04-29-2009, 02:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_NBA_playoff_appearance_streaks

HOLY DOG SHIT, who is that team that's #2 on the list? I guess the occasional contenders. Where in the hell is the perennial contender Suns on that list?

pauls931
04-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Looks like you didn't follow Steve Nash pre-Suns, because in 2003 the Mavs were a 60 win team in the WCF. Otherwise known as a title contender. Where were the "perennial contender" Suns that year?

Let me help you...

Dallas
Championships 0
Conference titles 1 (2006)
Division titles 2 (1987, 2007)

Phoenix
Championships 0
Conference titles 2 (1976, 1993)
Division titles 6 (1981, 1993, 1995, 2005, 2006, 2007)

monosylab1k
04-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Let me help you...

Dallas
Championships 0

Phoenix
Championships 0

ROFL are you sure you're not a Rockets fan? Bringing up shit that happened 20 years ago like it matters.

And on top of that you completely contradict your first post with this one. Moron.

it seems like the end of an era where the Spurs, Suns, and occasionally Dallas were all going at it for the title every year.

So are you talking about the 2 or 3 year period when all 3 were title contenders? Or before that when the Mavs & Spurs were but the Suns were not? Or 15 years ago? You have no clue what you're talking about douche.

pauls931
04-29-2009, 02:23 PM
ROFL are you sure you're not a Rockets fan? Bringing up shit that happened 20 years ago like it matters.

And on top of that you completely contradict your first post with this one. Moron.

So are you talking about the 2 or 3 year period when all 3 were title contenders? Or before that when the Mavs & Spurs were but the Suns were not? Or 15 years ago? You have no clue what you're talking about douche.

Well the Suns and Mavs did meet in the conference finals in 2006, and in 2007 the finals essentially took place between the Suns and Spurs. Go on and defeat LA and make the finals and then you can come back and talk some shit. :toast

spursfan09
04-29-2009, 02:24 PM
I agree, Spurs arent done. But its starting to sound like "if Tmac and Yao can ever get healthy".

Is it still inherently possible to have the big three healthy? Even if there are no injuries, are they still talented enough after Duncan and Ginobili's natural regression?

Tmac and Yao? I'm talking about people who have proved shit. My response to that bold part, I see what you are saying, if next year comes and goes and they are not healthy well then I would say you have a point. I think a summer's rest will do them good. Now I'm worried about TP playing this summer

monosylab1k
04-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Well the Suns and Mavs did meet in the conference finals in 2006, and in 2007 the finals essentially took place between the Suns and Spurs. Go on and defeat LA and make the finals and then you can come back and talk some shit. :toast

lol make the Finals once with your current unit, then talk shit. my team already has. title contenders my ass, you played a gimmick system that would never get you into the Finals.

Mugen
04-29-2009, 02:33 PM
lol at suns/mavs fans arguing about whose team was more competitive this decade.

pauls931
04-29-2009, 02:34 PM
lol make the Finals once with your current unit, then talk shit. my team already has. title contenders my ass, you played a gimmick system that would never get you into the Finals.

I'm losing too many IQ points talking to you. Congrats on getting out of the first round.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Looks like you didn't follow Steve Nash pre-Suns

And he didn't follow the Suns pre-Nash so it all makes sense.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Sorry pal, but you are wrong on this one. Porter didnt enforce any discipline anymore than D'Antoni.

I saw Shaq and Amare play some of the most careless defense Ive ever seen and I never saw Porter call a timeout to chew them out.

I saw Amare bark at the refs everytime he misses an inside shot, meanwhile his man goes untouched the other way for a dunk. Ive seen it multiple times. No timeout. No immediate substitution.

I read how Shaq informed Porter how he was coming into the game against the Lakers early in the season.

All Porter did was slow down the Suns. And then he kind of gave up on that idea mid-way through the first half.

Thats what Amare Stoudemire needs. Someone who isnt afraid to chew him out on national TV.

Porter and Amare were at odds the whole season. You trying to tell me about the Suns season is like me trying to tell you what happened in Brokeback Mountain. Porter was way more of an enforcer than Antoni was. He would call players houses at 8 o'clock in the morning to wake them up for practice.

And he did all he could with Amare. Blaming Porter for StandandAdmire's bad defense would be like blaming a special ed teacher cause a kid with down syndrome can't do calculus.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 03:08 PM
gimmick system

I expect a gratuity in the mail since you stole the phrase I use to describe the run and suck offense :lmao

pauls931
04-29-2009, 03:09 PM
And he didn't follow the Suns pre-Nash so it all makes sense.

A little lesson, saying something you don't know is true or false is worse than lying because you don't know the truth...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 03:12 PM
A little lesson, saying something you don't know is true or false is worse than lying because you don't know the truth...

Have you ever even lived in Phoenix?

pauls931
04-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Have you ever even lived in Phoenix?

You're stretching. Have a nice summer.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 03:18 PM
You're stretching. Have a nice summer.

lol can't answer the question
lol bandwagon fan
lol likes basketball that sucks in the playoffs
lol thinks Amare cares about his teammates
lol thinks Matt Barnes is good

Basketballgirl25
04-29-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't think the Spurs are done, but that is just my opinion, Suns and Mavs might be in the next couple years

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 03:25 PM

lol pot calling kettle black

Gino
04-29-2009, 03:55 PM
Porter and Amare were at odds the whole season. You trying to tell me about the Suns season is like me trying to tell you what happened in Brokeback Mountain. Porter was way more of an enforcer than Antoni was. He would call players houses at 8 o'clock in the morning to wake them up for practice.

And he did all he could with Amare. Blaming Porter for StandandAdmire's bad defense would be like blaming a special ed teacher cause a kid with down syndrome can't do calculus.

We agree that Amare Stoudemire is a horrible defender and has a bad attitude, right?

So if Porter is an enforcer, give me one quote or instance where he called out Amare.

Saying he's more of an enforcer than Mike D'Antoni isnt saying much. I would think every coach in the NBA is more of an enforcer than Mike D'Antoni.

That being said, I dont put Terry Porter in the ranks of Paul Silas, Pat Riley, Popovic, Phil Jackson etc.

You can bet any of those guys wouldnt be afraid to rip Amare a new one for his pathetic effort and softness on the boards.

Porter didnt do that.

Xylus
04-29-2009, 04:00 PM
StandandAdmire :lmao :lmao

I think you're wrong about Porter, DOK, but that's some funny shit.

Xylus
04-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Bit of trivia:

The Phoenix Suns have the highest winning percentage (.559) of any team in any of the four major sports (NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA), that doesn't have a championship. That's extremely depressing.

Spursmania
04-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Let me help you...

Dallas
Championships 0

Phoenix
Championships 0

:owned

spursfan09
04-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Bit of trivia:

The Phoenix Suns have the highest winning percentage (.559) of any team in any of the four major sports (NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA), that doesn't have a championship. That's extremely depressing.

pauls931
04-29-2009, 04:39 PM

:depressed

spursfan09
04-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Sorry!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 07:12 PM
We agree that Amare Stoudemire is a horrible defender and has a bad attitude, right?

So if Porter is an enforcer, give me one quote or instance where he called out Amare.

Saying he's more of an enforcer than Mike D'Antoni isnt saying much. I would think every coach in the NBA is more of an enforcer than Mike D'Antoni.

That being said, I dont put Terry Porter in the ranks of Paul Silas, Pat Riley, Popovic, Phil Jackson etc.

You can bet any of those guys wouldnt be afraid to rip Amare a new one for his pathetic effort and softness on the boards.

Porter didnt do that.

If the guy that paid them had a love affair with Amare and Nash and put keeping both of them happy as the highest priority and gave the coach doubt about his front office support, then idk how many of those guys would enforce as much as they do. No one knows what a coach is truly like unless the GM makes it clear he's not getting fired anytime soon.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 07:14 PM
StandandAdmire :lmao :lmao

I think you're wrong about Porter, DOK, but that's some funny shit.

Coming up with new nicknames for him is too easy sometimes.

And maybe I'm wrong about Porter, the truth is no one knows what the deal is with him as a coach. He didn't have players that listened to him or a front office that supported him. Maybe he was truly as crappy and clueless as he appeared, but we'll never know.

Gino
04-29-2009, 07:18 PM
If the guy that paid them had a love affair with Amare and Nash and put keeping both of them happy as the highest priority and gave the coach doubt about his front office support, then idk how many of those guys would enforce as much as they do. No one knows what a coach is truly like unless the GM makes it clear he's not getting fired anytime soon.

True, but I dont think that Terry Porter was the enforcer that Amare needed. If you think that no one could fill that role because of the front office's position, then thats a different argument.

I just know that Shaq and Amare did whatever they want this past season.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 07:21 PM
True, but I dont think that Terry Porter was the enforcer that Amare needed. If you think that no one could fill that role because of the front office's position, then thats a different argument.

I just know that Shaq and Amare did whatever they want this past season.

Shaq played amazing this season and did all he could for the team.

Bill Cartwright was hired practically as Amare's personal coach, if Ivaroni, Porter and Cartwright couldn't crack Amare's thick head no one can.

Steve Kerr
04-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Man, I hated the Spurs...

Speak for yourself, I love them. I even traded the best Duncan defender on the team to their former assistant GM, now that's sacrifice you should make for your loved ones.

Gino
04-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Shaq played amazing this season and did all he could for the team.

Bill Cartwright was hired practically as Amare's personal coach, if Ivaroni, Porter and Cartwright couldn't crack Amare's thick head no one can.

If you think that Shaq played amazing this season, even for his age, then we are just in total disagreement.

If Shaq played so amazing, why did the Suns lose so much?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-29-2009, 08:27 PM
If you think that Shaq played amazing this season, even for his age, then we are just in total disagreement.

If Shaq played so amazing, why did the Suns lose so much?

Because his team sucked. No one on the team besides Grant Hill can make an entry pass as sad as that sounds. Matt fuckin Barnes was a starter on the team. Nash is playing for a contract in NY in 2010, he could give a shit about Phoenix. Same with Amare.

The team didn't play as a team. In order for Shaq to close games like he's capable of doing he needs to get the ball in the post. When Nash calls him out for high pick and rolls because he wants to add an assist to his boxscore even though getting the ball to Shaq in the post is better for the team, Shaq can't do anything about it.

SenorSpur
04-29-2009, 10:24 PM

Do share. What exactly has this guy been doing since the injury?

pauls931
04-29-2009, 11:29 PM

Sharing a moped with Monte Ellis? Staring at the sun? Playing 3 stooges with the terminator and tragic?

spursncowboys
04-30-2009, 05:36 AM
You aren't the same team as 06. Your team doesn't have the disciplined coach from 06. Also Howard has four more years of weed in his system.

spursncowboys
04-30-2009, 05:37 AM
lol at suns/mavs fans arguing about whose team was more competitive this decade.
two dogs fighting over the Spurs left-overs:flag:

Rogue
04-30-2009, 05:53 AM
You aren't the same team as 06. Your team doesn't have the disciplined coach from 06. Also Howard has four more years of weed in his system.
Of course our team is different than that of 06, we have already learned a lesson from 06's finals that the refs are also mortals who naturally have appetite for fortune. Our team only has got better...

The disciplined coach from 06 was just the culprit that killed our boys in blue in that bullshit finals, that's why he got fired in the next year. Cheat was just an conspirator, so were the officials as well.

The weed can only stimulate players ambition and appetite for victories, say it does nothing bad but good to a player. I reckon that's also the reason Michael Phelps got 8 golds in the olympics last year, even the olympicians are not sick of weed.

Agloco
04-30-2009, 11:13 AM
I find it hard to believe that the Spurs "big three" will ever be healthy enough to lead the Spurs to another championship.

It hasnt happened the last two seasons. And theyre just getting older.

Fixed.......

monosylab1k
04-30-2009, 11:20 AM
I would say Dallas, Phoenix and the Spurs were definitely the cream of the crop for a few years, there. They produced some really great games between them.

But I wouldnt bother with the "KFC Gang" that trolls these boards.

ROFL Spurs fan.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-30-2009, 01:47 PM

Partying his ass off in LA while his team had to grind through the clusterfuck known as the Suns 2008-2009 season. The partying itself isn't a big deal at all, the fact he decided to abandon the team during a miserable stretch and only show up to one of the last five games is the big deal. That's not what a good teammate does, you didn't see Manu Ginobili abandon the team after Dallas went up 3-1, he sat and watched game 5 just like his teammates had to. That's what aMarE StandandAdmire seems to forget, he plays for a team.

But I haven't mentioned the worst part, which is what he's been doing at the parties. We all know he has a career threatening eye injury, and even if he does everything humanly possible to get back from the injury there is still luck involved. So what does Tardemire do in this situation? Not only does he party, but he's smoking a shit ton of weed at these parties. How the hell does this retard not know that weed is horrible for your eyes? Am I missing something as to why so many people in Phoenix like him?

Gino
04-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Partying his ass off in LA while his team had to grind through the clusterfuck known as the Suns 2008-2009 season. The partying itself isn't a big deal at all, the fact he decided to abandon the team during a miserable stretch and only show up to one of the last five games is the big deal. That's not what a good teammate does, you didn't see Manu Ginobili abandon the team after Dallas went up 3-1, he sat and watched game 5 just like his teammates had to. That's what aMarE StandandAdmire seems to forget, he plays for a team.

But I haven't mentioned the worst part, which is what he's been doing at the parties. We all know he has a career threatening eye injury, and even if he does everything humanly possible to get back from the injury there is still luck involved. So what does Tardemire do in this situation? Not only does he party, but he's smoking a shit ton of weed at these parties. How the hell does this retard not know that weed is horrible for your eyes? Am I missing something as to why so many people in Phoenix like him?

Because he's really good at putting a basketball in the basket. And he does it with force.

I dont know how much I would belive this supposed body-guard.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-30-2009, 02:10 PM
I dont know how much I would belive this supposed body-guard.

It's not like some random guy told me he was Amare's bodyguard, that would be sketch as hell. The only reason I was involved in this conversation is because the guy who I train with once a month also trains this guy and he had an appointment right before I did. The guy is black, massive, and a former cop. He's either Amare's bodyguard or someone really good at fabricating complete lies he has no reason to fabricate.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Because he's really good at putting a basketball in the basket. And he does it with force.

I agree, he's a great double digit scorer......when his team is up or down by double digits, he's unstoppable.

sexinthatsx
04-30-2009, 04:52 PM

Watching the suns play often, i can say that terry porter knew he was going to get fired before the day that he did get fired. Throughout the beginning of the season, I have seen timeouts where Terry Porter kept telling the players to play defense, but it's never happened. Towards the beginning of the mid-season, it almost seemed as if he just gave up. It's pretty hard to enforce a run-and-gun team to play defense. Seriously. Think about it. That's like having Mike d' Antoni coming to the spurs preaching run and gun offense to tim duncan, tony parker, or even Bruce Bowen... wow i don't even want to picture it. The point is, having an offensive team transition to a defensive team doesn't happen overnight, or through a seaon for that matter. If you have to, GET RID of the pieces holding you back - case in point Amare.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Watching the suns play often, i can say that terry porter knew he was going to get fired before the day that he did get fired. Throughout the beginning of the season, I have seen timeouts where Terry Porter kept telling the players to play defense, but it's never happened. Towards the beginning of the mid-season, it almost seemed as if he just gave up. It's pretty hard to enforce a run-and-gun team to play defense. Seriously. Think about it. That's like having Mike d' Antoni coming to the spurs preaching run and gun offense to tim duncan, tony parker, or even Bruce Bowen... wow i don't even want to picture it. The point is, having an offensive team transition to a defensive team doesn't happen overnight, or through a seaon for that matter. If you have to, GET RID of the pieces holding you back - case in point Amare.

Well said.

Seriously though, what can anyone expect Porter to do if the players just flat out don't listen to him and the GM just sits there with his thumb up his ass watching the players organize a mutiny against the coach? Is he supposed to hold a gun to Amare's head and say play defense or ima shoot you? I don't understand what Porter was supposed to do when two months into the season none of the players listened to him and the GM was just sitting there expecting something to magically happen.

sexinthatsx
04-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Well said.

Seriously though, what can anyone expect Porter to do if the players just flat out don't listen to him and the GM just sits there with his thumb up his ass watching the players organize a mutiny against the coach? Is he supposed to hold a gun to Amare's head and say play defense or ima shoot you? I don't understand what Porter was supposed to do when two months into the season none of the players listened to him and the GM was just sitting there expecting something to magically happen.

Terry Porter basically got shafted. Kerr thought bringing in a defensive minded coach in Porter can change the suns into a defensive minded team. Obviously it backfired because it wasn't the coach, it was the players. Of course, financially then, it makes sense to fire the coach who gets paid like a few mil a year then to trade all of the cancer pieces that won't play defense: boris diaw, steve nash, barbosa, amare, and a few others

pauls931
04-30-2009, 05:38 PM

That's pretty lame, he should've been at the games, Nash would've been there if he was hurt. :p: