PDA

View Full Version : Never question me again

Donnie Nelson
04-29-2009, 09:55 AM
There were a lot of Mavs fans that doubted my genius. Well what do you have to say now?

I told you Josh would return to form, I told you the real J-Kidd was going to come out, I told you JJ Barea was the best player on the team, and I told you Antoine Wright was the answer at SG. I told you Diop was the right call to use for our mid-level exception (it was, not signing Diop means no Ryan Hollins and our super secret weapon Caroll, we're keeping him so secret we're gonna sit him on the bench until the WCF). Are the doubters satisfied?

Just imagine if Stackhouse was healthy. We'd sweep the Lakers. You think we'd have stomped the Spurs if we had Gerald Wallace? Get outta here!

Normally after a series win I just like to have a celebratory Miller Lite, but last night I splurged and got a Vietnamese hooker. It would have been great if Mark didn't keep coming into the room trying to get a threesome going.

So all you Donnie Nelson haters, you know who you are. Shut it. I'm the star. Also special thanks to my one true friend on this forum. That's right Ghazi, take a bow. What some called homerism and jock-sniffing, I call a true fan :clap

:lobt2:stay tuned!

JamStone
04-29-2009, 10:03 AM
LOL beautifully stated. Cheers DJ!

Trainwreck2100
04-29-2009, 10:04 AM
no secret plans for devean george?

Donnie Nelson
04-29-2009, 10:13 AM
no secret plans for devean george?
After we win the title, his veteran savvy will help us to 3-peat. Just like what he did for the Lakers :tu

Indazone
04-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Nice Ghazi and his new troll at work :lol

IronMexican
04-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Donnie is a great troll.

lurker
04-29-2009, 12:15 PM
We love our Donnie in blue.

Findog
04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
We love our boys in blue!

lil_penny
04-29-2009, 01:58 PM
donnie nelson is the truth

Ghazi
04-29-2009, 01:59 PM
:clap :clap :clap

Ghazi
04-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Hindsight is 20/20 but in retrospect keeping J-Ho was not a bad idea IMO. Evne though I too wanted him traded at one point. He is playing well and this summer his trade value will be at a maximum.

Speaking of hind sight, I really wish the boys in blue had attained Anthony Morrow. he was undrafted I believe and would be perfect for Mavs considering he's about 12-15% points better from behind arc than Wright. Great talent evaluation by Nelly

Donnie Nelson
04-29-2009, 02:06 PM
:clap :clap :clap
Ghazi, show up to Mavs HQ and I'll hire you on the spot as my personal assistant. You've got a spirit like no other.

First assignment for you will be to restock Mr. Cuban's personal fridge with Dr. Peppers. Lots of them. Last night as I was trying to enjoy my Vietnamese hooker, Cuban kept interrupting and demanding some DP. I told him we had beer in the fridge but that didn't satisfy him. He just kept screaming for some DP. Anyways, I had to kick him out because I don't do threesomes with another guy.

So stock that fridge up with DP, okay Ghazi! And get some of that new cherry flavor. You might want to get some Double Stuff Oreos too, Mark was asking for those last night as well.

IronMexican
04-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Mark Cuban should offer Ghazi what he(Cuban) 0ffered Clipper Darryl.

sribb43
04-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Donnie, with J-Ho playing like the 2006 version and his contract expiring after next season, I think this summer is the highest his value could possibly be. Will you trade him?

IronMexican
04-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Donnie, with J-Ho playing like the 2006 version and his contract expiring after next season, I think this summer is the highest his value could possibly be. Will you trade him?

Donnie is gonna sign him to a 6 year max deal:lol Honestly, I really wouldn't doubt it. If Diop got full MLE for 6 seasons, anything is possible.

sribb43
04-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Donnie is gonna sign him to a 6 year max deal:lol Honestly, I really wouldn't doubt it. If Diop got full MLE for 6 seasons, anything is possible.

If he gave Diop the full MLE then expect Hollins to get the full MLE this offseason

Donnie Nelson
04-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Are you kidding me? J-Ho is a Mav for life. He's going to be the face of this franchise. I know I shouldn't be talking about this, but the Cavaliers have already contacted me regarding a possible Josh for LeBron trade, and I hung up on his dumb ass. No way I'm giving up my beloved J-Ho. He's playing at a MVP level right now :tu

sribb43
04-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Are you kidding me? J-Ho is a Mav for life. He's going to be the face of this franchise. I know I shouldn't be talking about this, but the Cavaliers have already contacted me regarding a possible Josh for LeBron trade, and I hung up on his dumb ass. No way I'm giving up my beloved J-Ho. He's playing at a MVP level right now :tu

:lol...any chance we try to sign a Eddie Jones, Mitch Richmond or Aaron McKie type for our starting Sg

Donnie Nelson
04-29-2009, 03:14 PM
:lol...any chance we try to sign a Eddie Jones, Mitch Richmond or Aaron McKie type for our starting Sg
Penny Hardaway is still trying to make a comeback into the league, and he's exactly the savvy veteran player the Mavericks need. Right now we've got a nice supply with stars like Devean George and Jerry Stackhouse, but we can always use more.

Lots of MFFL's have been campaigning for Mike Miller, and honestly I could have gotten him either of the last 2 years but declined. I don't feel Mike has enough veteran savvy yet. But he is a guy I am keeping a close eye on. In a few years when he's 34 or 35 years old, I think he'll have the type of seasoning that will make him a great asset for the Boys In Blue.

Here's my reasoning - lots of times, young guys in the 19-30 year range will rely on things like athletic ability, quickness, hustle, strength, shooting ability, and energy when they're out there playing. Savvy veterans, on the other hand, will not rely on things like athleticism because quite frankly, they have none. Instead, they rely on savvy veteran-ness that creates crafty, savvy plays that only savvy veterans can complete.

So when you see Jerry Stackhouse go 1 for 8 on any given night, you may focus on the poor shooting, but instead focus on his veteral savvy. Do you see OJ Mayo out there making crafty veteran plays? I think not. He may score 40 points, but he doesn't have the veteran savvy needed to make those crafty veteran plays.

I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial on how to assemble a winning NBA roster :lobt:

mavs>spurs2
04-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Penny Hardaway is still trying to make a comeback into the league, and he's exactly the savvy veteran player the Mavericks need. Right now we've got a nice supply with stars like Devean George and Jerry Stackhouse, but we can always use more.

Lots of MFFL's have been campaigning for Mike Miller, and honestly I could have gotten him either of the last 2 years but declined. I don't feel Mike has enough veteran savvy yet. But he is a guy I am keeping a close eye on. In a few years when he's 34 or 35 years old, I think he'll have the type of seasoning that will make him a great asset for the Boys In Blue.

Here's my reasoning - lots of times, young guys in the 19-30 year range will rely on things like athletic ability, quickness, hustle, strength, shooting ability, and energy when they're out there playing. Savvy veterans, on the other hand, will not rely on things like athleticism because quite frankly, they have none. Instead, they rely on savvy veteran-ness that creates crafty, savvy plays that only savvy veterans can complete.

So when you see Jerry Stackhouse go 1 for 8 on any given night, you may focus on the poor shooting, but instead focus on his veteral savvy. Do you see OJ Mayo out there making crafty veteran plays? I think not. He may score 40 points, but he doesn't have the veteran savvy needed to make those crafty veteran plays.

I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial on how to assemble a winning NBA roster :lobt:

:lmao Thanks for the lesson Donnie

Obstructed_View
04-29-2009, 11:09 PM
What a great job in beating an old team with choking role players and a missing superstar. When's the parade?

dickface
04-29-2009, 11:46 PM
What a great job in beating an old team with choking role players and a missing superstar. When's the parade?

Obstructed View not getting a joke. Shock of the century.