PDA

View Full Version : The New Hedo Turkoglu....

Duff McCartney
04-29-2009, 09:58 AM
Roger Mason....he didn't do a god damn thing in the playoffs. Like my cousin said yesterday Mason could average 25 ppg in the regular season next year but he won't be impressed until he does something in the playoffs.

Hell the entire team just sucks. The Spurs this playoffs were a two man team. Nobody else did anything. Finley couldn't score, Bonner was worthless, Mason was worthless, Udoka worthless.

What is the contract situation with all those? I hope Finley isn't coming back..nor Udoka. They are all a bunch of old men. Hill should have gotten more minutes than Pop gave him. He pretty much got outcoached by an inferior coach in Rick Carlisle.

JoseJuanJesusBarea
04-29-2009, 10:01 AM
lol Carlisle is a great coach. Not everyone can get Tim Duncan and Tony Parker.

completely deck
04-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Tell your cousin to never post here. Also think about that for a minute. If for some hellish reason Roger Mason Jr. averaged 25 points a game (this will happen when I become a millionaire), that would allow Pop to rest Manu and turn on the afterburners in the post season.

I do agree with you that a bench of Finley, Bonner and Udoka was godawful though.

MateoNeygro
04-29-2009, 10:05 AM
I fucking hate Udoke he is so useless, Finley I like but he's old, Mason didn't do shit because he can't create his own shot, same with Bonner not to mention he gets pimp slapped around the paint by every big man and some little guys. So aggrivating. The Spurs need a serious roster overhaul this off season.

Duff McCartney
04-29-2009, 10:12 AM
I'd rather have Mason average 5 ppg in the regular season and 25 ppg in the playoffs. Are you kidding me? Mason's play in this series was god awful. I think in one game he scored 0 points. Zero fucking points.

R. Mason scored in Game 1 13 pts, Game 2 12 pts, Game 3 7 pts, Game 4 0 pts, and yesterday scored 1 fucking point!

Mason sucks in the playoffs. If he does this again next year just get rid of his sorry ass. Spurs don't need a regular season scorer, they need scoring in the playoffs. Oh and Pop please get Mason off being the back-up point guard. He's fucking horrible at that too!

crc21209
04-29-2009, 10:55 AM
I still think it's hard to judge Mason when all he really is...is a shooter and Pop screwed him up with the backup PG experiment. He is strictly a SG...and kinda hard to judge him when our best creator besides TP (Manu) was out for the Playoffs.

sananspursfan21
04-29-2009, 11:06 AM
:deadhorse

i love reading this type of thread. it didn't get old until the 30th time i read it...

Manufan909
04-29-2009, 11:13 AM
I still think it's hard to judge Mason when all he really is...is a shooter and Pop screwed him up with the backup PG experiment. He is strictly a SG...and kinda hard to judge him when our best creator besides TP (Manu) was out for the Playoffs.

Boo Fucking Hoo. Pop's mind games expose the weak of heart. Obviously Mason is in the Bonner category, and Hill is in the Parker category.:wakeup

Phenomanul
04-29-2009, 11:16 AM

+1

The looks he was getting in this series were way more contested than the ones he would have seen if both Manu and Parker were wreaking havoc off the dribble...

Mason's strong suit is to play the role of a shooter.... not a slasher and definitely not a finisher...

ploto
04-29-2009, 11:36 AM
And look what happened with Hedo when he was given some time to develop further-- lest we forget the 2007-2008 MIP

mingus
04-29-2009, 11:47 AM

+1

masons's not a 3rd option , he's fringe player that gets his baskets from our penetrators . not having Manu there , combined w/ Pop's decision to play him at pg when he's not effective there did him in .

dougp
04-29-2009, 12:01 PM
None of our roleplayers really stepped up this series, it seems they were all deflated without Manu - who was our spark off the bench. Pops reluctance to play Hill hurt us there the most, along with cutting Malik. Both of them could have provided energy off the bench to motivate the others.

mingus
04-29-2009, 12:11 PM
speaking of role players ... one that wasn't there : Mensa Bonsu ... I would've liked to see this guy guard Dirk . letting go of him was a big mistake ... sure they made room for Gooden by cutting him , but he shouldn't have been the one to go .

Yuixafun
04-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Udoka had some tough calls go his way. The one where he got around Dirk was a clean steal.

Seems like every time the Spurs were in striking range, the Mavs got trip to the charity stripe.

Ice009
04-29-2009, 07:33 PM
lol Carlisle is a great coach. Not everyone can get Tim Duncan and Tony Parker.

Yep Rick Carlisle is a great coach.

Artest really fucked him over in Indy, but I always thought he was a good coach.

Ice009
04-29-2009, 07:36 PM

That means he's too one dimensional. We don't need more one dimensional players.

People that compared him to SJax were a bit off. SJax could play both sides of the ball.

We need to look for players that can do more than 1 thing.

ata
04-30-2009, 03:37 AM
Roger Mason....he didn't do a god damn thing in the playoffs. Like my cousin said yesterday Mason could average 25 ppg in the regular season next year but he won't be impressed until he does something in the playoffs.

See 6th post in this thread: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124598

crc21209
04-30-2009, 05:41 AM
That means he's too one dimensional. We don't need more one dimensional players.

People that compared him to SJax were a bit off. SJax could play both sides of the ball.

We need to look for players that can do more than 1 thing.

Fin was strictly a shooter...and like someone else here said...It's basically Mason filling Finleys shooter role now with Fin hopefully gone.

Rogue
04-30-2009, 05:44 AM
speaking of role players ... one that wasn't there : Mensa Bonsu ... I would've liked to see this guy guard Dirk . letting go of him was a big mistake ... sure they made room for Gooden by cutting him , but he shouldn't have been the one to go .
let along some jumpers and 3-pointers, Bonner is absolutely a junk on both ends of the floor. Playing him on Dirk was the worst mistake Pop made in this series, as Bonner can hardly care Dirk well either inside or out.

Gooden might have done a better job on Dirk but he is sincerely not in the long run of the spurs team, obviously Drew won't accept a mere MLE this summer. Even if he can't find a bigger offer than minimum, he would prefer those from cavs or mavs that have bigger chances to win the trophy. For any team, signing Gooden with a minimum would absolutely a big bargain.

Spurs should reserve their MLE for one player rather than cut it for 2 or 3 individuals, that makes no difference. NBA games only allow 5 players from each team to play on court, after all...