PDA

View Full Version : Olbermann to Hannity: put up or shut up

RandomGuy
04-29-2009, 12:17 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! !!!!!!!!!1111

Olbermann pressing on Hannity's waterboard offer

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer David Bauder, Ap Television Writer – Wed Apr 29, 6:36 am ET
NEW YORK – The debate over torture is getting personal for two of cable TV's prime-time hosts.

After Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity made a seemingly impromptu offer last week to undergo waterboarding as a benefit for charity, MSNBC's Keith Olbermann leapt at it. He offered $1,000 to the families of U.S. troops for every second Hannity withstood the technique.

Olbermann repeated the offer on Monday's show and said in an interview Tuesday that he's heard no response. He said he'll continue to pursue it.

"I don't think he has the courage to even respond to this — let alone do it," Olbermann said.

Fox News Channel representatives did not respond to requests for comment.

The two men are on opposite poles of a debate that has preoccupied the worlds of talk TV and radio. Hannity says waterboarding is a fair and necessary interrogation technique for suspected terrorists; Olbermann calls it torture, says it's ineffective and should not be done by Americans.

Charles Grodin was challenging Hannity on the issue on Fox last week, and asked whether he would consent to be waterboarded.

"Sure," Hannity said. "I'll do it for charity ... I'll do it for the troops' families."

It wasn't exactly clear how serious the conversation was, since Grodin joked, "Are you busy on Sunday?" and Hannity laughed.

"I'll let you do it," Hannity said.

"I wouldn't do it," Grodin said. "I'll hand you a towel when you come out of the shower."

Olbermann's offer was quick. Besides the $1,000 per second, Olbermann said he'd double it if Hannity acknowledges he feared for his life and admits that waterboarding is torture.

"The idea of putting somebody in a position they have volunteered for, for charity, to respond to their own unsupportable claims, is in many ways priceless," Olbermann said.

Olbermann, who hasn't missed any chance to criticize his ideological enemies at Fox, concedes TV competition plays a part in his offer. But he said it was sincere, because he believes Hannity has had a damaging role in the debate.

"If you expose people to reality, even with someone who is denying reality, that can have a powerful and important impact," he said.

:lmao

Wild Cobra
04-29-2009, 12:21 PM
My God...

This could be a huge event for charity. I know allot of people would pay to see that done to Hannity!

Viva Las Espuelas
04-29-2009, 12:23 PM
well, anything to help msnbc piss poor ratings.

DarkReign
04-29-2009, 12:23 PM
I think $1000 a second is a weak-sauce offer.

Add a zero and now youre talking.

Wild Cobra
04-29-2009, 12:25 PM
IxrOr5unSTI

RandomGuy
04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
I think $1000 a second is a weak-sauce offer.

Add a zero and now youre talking.

Hell, I'll throw in $10/second. I'm sure you can easily get $1/second from a million or two people.

This could be huge.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
My God...

This could be a huge event for charity. I know allot of people would pay to see that done to Hannity!

If only he had the sack to actually back up that mouth of his. Don't expect to see it anytime soon.

I'll throw in some money on it too.

RandomGuy
04-29-2009, 12:28 PM
If only he had the sack to actually back up that mouth of his. Don't expect to see it anytime soon.

It's win-win for liberals.

Hannity doesn't put up: He's a coward douchebag.

Hannity tries it, lasts less than 10 seconds: He's a hypocritical douchebag.

Hannity tries it, and lasts for a couple of minutes: He's a wet douchbag.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-29-2009, 12:29 PM
"one of the most reactionary commentators in the world"

olbmermann's mouth is the single most global warming object in the world.

Marcus Bryant
04-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Yay. One blowhard to another. This is important.

JudynTX
04-29-2009, 12:31 PM
I would pay to watch this.

RandomGuy
04-29-2009, 12:31 PM

grammar... bad... :smchode:

Destro
04-29-2009, 12:32 PM
I think republicans would love to see this to. I want to see a reporter (any reporter) go through it so we can hear how bad it is.

RandomGuy
04-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Yay. One blowhard to another. This is entertainment gold.

Fixed.

RandomGuy
04-29-2009, 12:34 PM
I think republicans would love to see this to. I want to see a reporter (any reporter) go through it so we can hear how bad it is.

There was one guy. (http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=hitchens+waterboarding&fr=yfp-t-305-s&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8)

"Believe me, its torture."

koriwhat
04-29-2009, 12:37 PM
i first skimmed over the article and thought, "wakeboarding aint bad... that shit is fun!" and then i reread over the article.

fuck hannity and all his supporters as well as the rest of the douchebags who think they know what the fuck they are talking about.

Wild Cobra
04-29-2009, 12:38 PM

I agree and I think he's a piece of shit, but he hit a home run on this one...

Viva Las Espuelas
04-29-2009, 12:50 PM
I agree and I think he's a piece of shit, but he hit a home run on this one...
it'll be interesting to see how this turns out. i'm sure people here have the inside scoop.

Oh, Gee!!
04-29-2009, 12:58 PM
One blowhard to another.

what, you and whottt IM'ing?

jman3000
04-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Christopher Hitchins underwent waterboarding and only lasted a few seconds. Maybe 2 pours of water.

He said it isn't that it's the illusion that you're being drowned... it's that you're actually being drowned.

jman3000
04-29-2009, 01:13 PM
There was one guy. (http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=hitchens+waterboarding&fr=yfp-t-305-s&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8)

"Believe me, its torture."

there ya go.

Wild Cobra
04-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Christopher Hitchins underwent waterboarding and only lasted a few seconds. Maybe 2 pours of water.

He said it isn't that it's the illusion that you're being drowned... it's that you're actually being drowned.

An he knew this how?

Did he actually drown, and come back to life?

Cry Havoc
04-29-2009, 01:19 PM
An he knew this how?

Did he actually drown, and come back to life?

Wow, you're right. In that case, it's not bad at all.

People die from waterboarding. It's not like this is a new revelation.

RandomGuy
04-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Wow, you're right. In that case, it's not bad at all.

People die from waterboarding. It's not like this is a new revelation.

We actually hung Japanese officers for waterboarding our service members in WW2.

Wild Cobra
04-29-2009, 01:41 PM
We actually hung Japanese officers for waterboarding our service members in WW2.
There are different levels of waterboarding. My understanding is that we never used but the lesser versions of it.

DarkReign
04-29-2009, 01:57 PM
There are different levels of waterboarding. My understanding is that we never used but the lesser versions of it.

Read the fucking article.

READ IT!

There are no "levels" of waterboarding.

Bound hands and body, mask over head, towels over face, invert body with heart elevated above head, pour water slowly over towels.

ie If I dont stop pouring water, this guy dies. Period.

Wild Cobra
04-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Read the fucking article.

READ IT!

There are no "levels" of waterboarding.

Bound hands and body, mask over head, towels over face, invert body with heart elevated above head, pour water slowly over towels.

ie If I dont stop pouring water, this guy dies. Period.
There are different intensities/durations of doing it. Maybe I should have stated that differently.

Wow...

Don't see signs of you getting angry very often...

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 03:05 PM
How do you get a different intensity of waterboarding?

Do you have an online guide ot waterboarding?

DarkReign
04-29-2009, 03:38 PM
There are different intensities/durations of doing it. Maybe I should have stated that differently.

Not intensities, but durations I will agree with.

But duration in this case can mean the difference between life and death.

Thus, waterboarding = torture.

Wow...

Don't see signs of you getting angry very often...

Because honestly, you should read the article. The guy didnt last 2 seconds being waterboarded under a controlled situation. Not. Two. Seconds.

DarrinS
04-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Q: Is there any bigger douche in the world than Keith Olbermann?

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 03:46 PM
I think the duration argument goes out the window when you waterboard someone 83 or 183 times.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Q: Is there any bigger douche in the world than Keith Olbermann?A: Yes. Sean Hannity.

LnGrrrR
04-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Q: Is there any bigger douche in the world than Keith Olbermann?

Ann Coulter.

DarrinS
04-29-2009, 03:56 PM
I like to see the two of them fight. That would be pay-per-view worthy.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-29-2009, 03:57 PM
no offense, but this is the last guy i'd listen to whether or not waterboarding is torture
http://www.vanityfair.com/images/culture/2007/10/cusl01_hitchens0710.jpg

i wonder what his stance on running is......

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 03:57 PM
I like to see the two of them fight. That would be pay-per-view worthy.I'd like to see Hannity waterboarded like he said he would.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 03:59 PM
no offense, but this is the last guy i'd listen to whether or not waterboarding is tortureI'll take Hannity's word for it when he does it.

DarrinS
04-29-2009, 04:06 PM
I'd like to see Hannity waterboarded like he said he would.

I find it odd that you would have Hannity waterboarded, but not a known terrorist.

jman3000
04-29-2009, 04:07 PM
no offense, but this is the last guy i'd listen to whether or not waterboarding is torture
http://www.vanityfair.com/images/culture/2007/10/cusl01_hitchens0710.jpg

i wonder what his stance on running is......

what does appearance have to do with anything?

CH is a pretty brilliant guy.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 04:08 PM
I find it odd that you would have Hannity waterboarded, but not a known terrorist.I don't find it odd that you are too stupid to tell the difference -- Hannity said he would.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 04:08 PM
Q: Is there any bigger douche in the world than Keith Olbermann?I'd like to amend my answer.

A: Yes. DarrinS.

DarrinS
04-29-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't find it odd that you are too stupid to tell the difference -- Hannity said he would.

You notice how I can talk to you without calling you names?

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 04:09 PM
You notice how I can talk to you without calling you names?Can you do it without being an idiot?

jack sommerset
04-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Pointless. Hannity does this he knows its about winning money and it won't last long. "ok Hannity,here we go,hold ur breath,its for charity" Hannity goes over the top and so does Keith.

Again the US government needs to do whatever they can to get these terrorist to talk. Cut their sacs off and feed them to pigs until they talk.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-29-2009, 04:19 PM
what does appearance have to do with anything?

CH is a pretty brilliant guy.what does brilliance have to do with this? i doubt a trained terrorist is at the same level of stamina, endurance, and fortitude of this "brilliant" man. this isn't war lite. war is, and will always be, hell.

johnsmith
04-29-2009, 04:20 PM
what does brilliance have to do with this? i doubt a trained terrorist is at the same level of stamina, endurance, and fortitude of this "brilliant" man. this isn't war lite. war is, and will always be, hell.

"trained terrorist" What exactly is involved in their "training"? Is it the guys on the monkey bars from all the old videos?

LnGrrrR
04-29-2009, 04:21 PM
I find it odd that you would have Hannity waterboarded, but not a known terrorist.

I wasn't aware that the suspected terrorists had already been put on trial.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 04:21 PM
what does brilliance have to do with this? i doubt a trained terrorist is at the same level of stamina, endurance, and fortitude of this "brilliant" man. this isn't war lite. war is, and will always be, hell.It's funny, because waterboarding was used by the Chinese to extract false confessions from prisoners -- not actionable intel. That's what our soldiers have been trained to resist.

Was that our goal here? Just to get them to say anything?

Viva Las Espuelas
04-29-2009, 04:22 PM
"trained terrorist" What exactly is involved in their "training"? Is it the guys on the monkey bars from all the old videos?

silly me. i forgot they just issue the koran and tell them to shoot whitey.

baseline bum
04-29-2009, 04:24 PM
what does brilliance have to do with this? i doubt a trained terrorist is at the same level of stamina, endurance, and fortitude of this "brilliant" man. this isn't war lite. war is, and will always be, hell.

That has nothing to do with Hannity claiming waterboarding is not torture. Stop moving the goalposts.

clambake
04-29-2009, 04:25 PM

all our troops are white?

johnsmith
04-29-2009, 04:26 PM

Well, you said you doubt a "trained terrorist" is the same as the brilliant man.

Why do you doubt this? Do you know something about the monkey bar training that I don't?

johnsmith
04-29-2009, 04:27 PM
all our troops are white?

Pretty much............except for the black ones..............and Asian ones.............and hispanic ones..............

DarrinS
04-29-2009, 04:27 PM
It's funny, because waterboarding was used by the Chinese to extract false confessions from prisoners -- not actionable intel. That's what our soldiers have been trained to resist.

Was that our goal here? Just to get them to say anything?

Since you're so smart, tell us how you extract information from someone whose weapon of choice is suicide.

johnsmith
04-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Since you're so smart, tell us how you extract information from someone whose weapon of choice is suicide.

Make fun of their mom...........that always pisses people off.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-29-2009, 04:33 PM
That has nothing to do with Hannity claiming waterboarding is not torture. Stop moving the goalposts.since when does a thread stay on task? keep up, bum.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Since you're so smart, tell us how you extract information from someone whose weapon of choice is suicide.The FBI got a great deal of intel out of Abu Zubaydah before he was waterboarded 86 times by the CIA.

The FBI's knowledge of and experience with interrogation is much greater than that of the CIA. So is that of the military. The CIA chose this route from a position of near-complete ignorance, and the legal eagles that wrote the excuses for them didn't even bother to look up existing US case law regarding waterboarding.

It was a stupid thing to do and the way they went about it was even more stupid.

johnsmith
04-29-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm still wondering how the monkey bars get these guys so mentally tough.............fuck, we couldn't even drown information out of them.

I'm thinking the monkey bar grips are incredibly large and therefore it's tough to really grip them............that will get you focused.

DarrinS
04-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Make fun of their mom...........that always pisses people off.

Maybe they should be forced to watch Olbermann or Rachel Maddow.

:vomit:

clambake
04-29-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm still wondering how the monkey bars get these guys so mentally tough.............fuck, we couldn't even drown information out of them.

I'm thinking the monkey bar grips are incredibly large and therefore it's tough to really grip them............that will get you focused.

they're good on monkey bars because the sand is so hot!

SnakeBoy
04-29-2009, 04:38 PM
How do you get a different intensity of waterboarding?

Here's a description of Japanese waterboarding during WII off of wiki. Sounds a little more intense than what we have done.

This included waterboarding, by the method of binding or holding down the victim on his back, placing a cloth over his mouth and nose, and pouring water onto the cloth. In this version, interrogation continued during the torture, with the interrogators beating the victim if he did not reply and the victim swallowing water if he opened his mouth to answer or breathe. When the victim could ingest no more water, the interrogators would beat or jump on his distended stomach.

JoeChalupa
04-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Sean would break if he was hit with a water balloon.

clambake
04-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Here's a description of Japanese waterboarding during WII off of wiki. Sounds a little more intense than what we have done.

then why doesn't he do it?

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Here's a description of Japanese waterboarding during WII off of wiki. Sounds a little more intense than what we have done.What exactly did we do? Do we have detailed records of each session?

SnakeBoy
04-29-2009, 04:48 PM
then why doesn't he do it?

I'm not much of a fan of Hannity so I can only guess. Possibly because he knows this is just a cheap attempt by Oberman to get his ratings out of the tank. Hannity doesn't have that problem.

FaithInOne
04-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Hannity is a piece of shit if he does not go through with this.

SnakeBoy
04-29-2009, 04:54 PM
What exactly did we do? Do we have detailed records of each session?

I haven't seen any but from what was described in detail in the released memos our version was clearly less "intense".

FWIW, I'm against the practice. My opinion is based 100% on the negative PR we recieve from the practice and that I think there are other ways to get people to spill their guts. Not because I feel bad for those whom it was done to.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 04:58 PM
I haven't seen any but from what was described in detail in the released memos our version was clearly less "intense".Can you direct me to that passage in the memo? I don't feel like reading them all right now.

FWIW, I'm against the practice. My opinion is based 100% on the negative PR we recieve from the practice and that I think there are other ways to get people to spill their guts. Not because I feel bad for those whom it was done to.Same here. I also don't buy its alleged effectiveness.

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 05:02 PM
waterboarding is nothing..

You KNOW they aren't going to drown you, so all you have to do is let go and conquer the fear of drowning and control your stress level

I can do that easy. I hope Hannity actually goes through with this, but I know he wont. hes a pussy

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 05:02 PM

You KNOW they aren't going to drown you, so all you have to do is let go and conquer the fear of drowning and control your stress level

I can do that easy. I hope Hannity actually goes through with this, but I know he wont. hes a pussyHow many times have you been waterboarded?

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't see how your question has any relevance.

I know what you are going to say, but I will quickly shoot it down, so don't even try it.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 05:05 PM
I don't see how your question has any relevance.

I know what you are going to say, but I will quickly shoot it down, so don't even try it.It's a simple question:

How many times have you been waterboarded?

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 05:06 PM
I gave you a simple answer. Your question and my answer has no relevance to what I said.

No need to repeat yourself.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 05:11 PM
So it's safe to assume you have been waterboarded a grand total of zero times.

:tu

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 05:14 PM
And it's still safe to assume your question has absolutely no relevance to what I said.

:deadhorse:

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 05:16 PM
the number of times you have been waterboarded is quite relevant to establishing your authority on the subject.

Since the number of times you have been waterboarded is zero, the amount of authority you have on the subject of being waterboarded is also zero.

DarkReign
04-29-2009, 05:18 PM
I think the duration argument goes out the window when you waterboard someone 83 or 183 times.

Wont argue with that. Good point.

DarkReign
04-29-2009, 05:22 PM

I can do that easy. I hope Hannity actually goes through with this, but I know he wont. hes a pussy

HA! You fucking wish...if what you claim is even remotely true, there is a long line of SEALs waiting for your specific training.

SnakeBoy
04-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Can you direct me to that passage in the memo? I don't feel like reading them all right now.

This is the one I was thinking of. I haven't read all of them.

http://luxmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o10/clients/aclu/olc_08012002_bybee.pdf

Finally, you '.:;,ould like to use a tecbnique called the "water-board." In this procedure, the
individual is bound securely loan inclined bench, Which is approXimately four feet by seven feet.
The individual's feet are generally elevated. A cloth is placed over the forehead and eyes. Water
is then applied to the cloth in a wmrolJed manner. As this is done, the cloth is lo\vered until it
covers both the nose and 111outh. Once the cloth is saturated and completely covers tbe mouth
and nose, air now is slightly restric.ted for 20 to 40 seconds due to the presence ofthe cloth. This
causes an increase in carbon dioxide level in the individual's blood. This increase in the carbon
dioxide level stil1lulates increased effort to breathe. This eiTon plus the cloth produces tbe
perception of"suffocation and incipient panic," i.e.,the perception of drowning. tbeindividual
does not breathe any wa.ter into his lungs. During those 20 to 40 seconds, water is continuously
applied from a beight of twelve to t\':venty~four inches. After thlsperiod, the cloth is lifted, and
the individual is allowed to breathe unimpeded for three or four n!l1 breaths. The sensation of
drowning is immediately relieved by the removal of the cloth. The procedure may then be
repeated. The water is usually applied from a canteen cup or small watering can. ,vith a SlJout.
You have orally informed us that till.s procedure triggers an automatic physiological sensation of
drov,'ning that the individual cannot control even though he may be aware that he is in fact not
dro\'il1ing. You bave also orally infomlcd. us that it is likely that this procedure would not last
more than 20 minutes in anyone application.
We also understaIld that a medical expert with SEFJ:: experience will be present
throughout this phase and uiat the procedures w~ll be stopped if deemed rnedically necessary to
prevent severe mental or physical ha..rm to Zubaydah. A5 menti.oue.d abo\'e, Zuhayd2h suffered
an injury during his capture. You have infonned us that steps will be taken to ensure that this
injury is not in any way exacerbated by the use of these metllOds and that adequate 111cdical
attention will be given to ensure that it will heal properly..

Cry Havoc
04-29-2009, 05:27 PM

http://i38.tinypic.com/if1zsj.jpg

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 05:39 PM
the number of times you have been waterboarded is quite relevant to establishing your authority on the subject.

Since the number of times you have been waterboarded is zero, the amount of authority you have on the subject of being waterboarded is also zero.

Predictable. I told you not to try it....

Let's look at how wrong you are...

The situation : Hannity might be up for waterboarding for charity.

What I said :

This means I believe, in this situation, the waterboarding is nothing. If I were hannity, this would be nothing to me. Why do I say this, let's continue...

You KNOW they aren't going to drown you,
This is obvious. In fact, Hannity will most likely have a doctor or paramedic team nearby in case anything goes wrong. He is going to be fine. So this is accurate, no need for experience.
Strike 1, Chumpy.

so all you have to do is let go and conquer the fear of drowning and control your stress level

Waterboarding is :
that consists of immobilizing the victim on his or her back with the head inclined downwards, and then pouring water over the face and into the breathing passages. By forced suffocation and inhalation of water, the subject experiences drowning and is caused to believe they are about to die

"In this procedure, the individual is bound securely to an inclined bench, which is approximately four feet by seven feet. The individual's feet are generally elevated. A cloth is placed over the forehead and eyes. Water is then applied to the cloth in a controlled manner. As this is done, the cloth is lowered until it covers both the nose and mouth. Once the cloth is saturated and completely covers the mouth and nose, air flow is slightly restricted for 20 to 40 seconds due to the presence of the cloth… During those 20 to 40 seconds, water is continuously applied from a height of twelve to twenty-four inches. After this period, the cloth is lifted, and the individual is allowed to breathe unimpeded for three or four full breaths… The procedure may then be repeated."
-----------------

So. After 20-40 seconds, they lift the cloth and you can breathe for a few breaths again. Then they do it all over again.

So, you are led to believe you are doing to drown and die. We already said Hannity is doing this for charity so he is not going to die, and we already said most likely have paramedics nearby during this in case anything happens.

So, logically, if you conquer the fear of drowning and your stress level, which is the only threat left to the victim, then you can conquer charity waterboarding. No experience necessary once again. Strike 2, Chumpy.

I can do that. I do not fear death in any capacity. At all. Zero fear. Situations in my life have proven to myself and to my family that I am calm under pressure. You'll have to take my word for it.

I said Hannity is a pussy, which is just my opinion.

So now I have proven that your question was irrelevant to what I said.

CLASS DISMISSED.:toast

DarrinS
04-29-2009, 05:40 PM
What exactly did we do? Do we have detailed records of each session?

You mean you don't know? You seemed to have a lot of knowledge about FBI interrogations.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
You mean you don't know? You seemed to have a lot of knowledge about FBI interrogations.The FBI did not waterboard anyone.

SnakeBoy
04-29-2009, 05:41 PM

It's a physiological response, it doesn't matter if you know they won't drown you. Try this, a sip of water but instead of swallowing it try inhaling it without coughing. If you can do that maybe I'll believe you.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 05:43 PM
blah blahAgain I will ask you: How many times you have been waterboarded?

Just give us all a number proving your experience with being waterboarded.

If you refuse to answer again, you will be forever known as a pussy who can't answer a simple question.

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 05:44 PM
If you don't fear death, and you know they have paramedics nearby for this charity waterboarding, then what's to fear?

Even IF you drown, which you won't because waterboarding allows you to breath, they can revive you.

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 05:45 PM
blah blah blah

Let it be known - ChumpDumper got anal raped in this thread and refuses to acknowledge my post.

Then tries to call someone else a pussy.

HE is now a pussy.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Let it be known - ChumpDumper got anal raped in this thread and refuses to acknowledge my post.

Then tries to call someone else a pussy.

HE is now a pussy.How many times have you been waterboarded?

Yonivore
04-29-2009, 05:47 PM
How many of our Special Forces have died in SERE training due to waterboarding?

Thousands have been subjected to it and, to my knowledge, no one has succumbed to the treatment.

It's a low risk, high reward form of interrogation. Not torture.

If it were torture, we would also be drilling holes in our soldier's eyeballs and yanking out fingernails to see how long they could endure.

The types of waterboarding that kills was used in previous wars (and probably is employed by some of our enemies today) and involved forcing water into the lungs and stomach and then violently forcing it back out by punching or jumping on the victim.

That's not how we do it.

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 05:47 PM
acknowledge my post because you got anal raped.

Don't run now, chumpy. I proved your question has -0- relevance to what I said.

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 05:50 PM

Thousands have been subjected to it and, to my knowledge, no one has succumbed to the treatment.

If it were torture, we would also be drilling holes in our soldier's eyeballs and yanking out fingernails to see how long they could endure.

The types of waterboarding that kills was used in previous wars (and probably is employed by some of our enemies today) and involved forcing water into the lungs and stomach and then violently forcing it back out by punching or jumping on the victim.

That's not how we do it.

Waterboarding loses it's effect if the victims know we aren't going to actually hurt them. Only the mentally weak fall to it

ChumpDumper
It's a low risk, high reward form of interrogation. Not torture.Again, the waterboard resistance training came into being because the Chinese were extracting false confessions out of prisoners by waterboarding.

Was that the goal of the CIA?

ChumpDumper
acknowledge my post because you got anal raped.

Don't run now, chumpy. I proved your question has -0- relevance to what I said.How many times have you been waterboarded?

Waterboarding loses it's effect if the victims know we aren't going to actually hurt them. Only the mentally weak fall to itHow many times have you been waterboarded?

Wild Cobra
04-29-2009, 05:51 PM

That's not how we do it.
They're never going to get it. The librtard pansies only know what their masters tell them to believe. They don't understand that you can also change such things by the type of cloth uses and how it's positioned. That along with duration, forced inhalation as you explain, and several other factors, there are several levels and durations of the technique.

Nope... They're libtards...

One size fits all!

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 05:52 PM
When the CIA used the water-boarding technique on al-Qaida operative and supposed "9/11 mastermind" Khalid Sheik Mohammed, he reportedly lasted more than two minutes before confessing to everything of which he was accused. Anonymous CIA sources report that Mohammed's interrogators were impressed.

---------------------

Hannity won't go through it THAT long, and he has the security of knowing this is charity and he has paramedics to save him.

As I said, it's easy.

Yonivore
04-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Again, the waterboard resistance training came into being because the Chinese were extracting false confessions out of prisoners by waterboarding.

Was that the goal of the CIA?
Nope, the goal of the CIA was to extract actionable intelligence which, it is reported, was done in two of the three cases of waterboarding.

Kudoes to them.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 05:53 PM
As I said, it's easy.How many times have you been waterboarded?

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 05:53 PM
They're never going to get it. The librtard pansies only know what their masters tell them to believe. They don't understand that you can also change such things by the type of cloth uses and how it's positioned. That along with duration, forced inhalation as you explain, and several other factors, there are several levels and durations of the technique.

Nope... They're libtards...

One size fits all!

In 1947, a Japanese soldier who used water boarding against a U.S. citizen during World War II was sentenced to 15 years in U.S. prison for committing a war crime.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Nope, the goal of the CIA was to extract actionable intelligence which, it is reported, was done in two of the three cases of waterboarding.

Kudoes to them.186 times in a month?

How effective can it possibly be for accurate, actionable intel if it has to be done that often?

What is the record for each session?

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 05:55 PM

Read my post above.

Read my post above.

Read my post above.

Yup. Ignoring my post. You lose, Chumpy. You don't even have the balls to say you are wrong. That's pathetic.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Read my post above.

Read my post above.

Read my post above.

Yup. Ignoring my post. You lose, Chumpy. You don't even have the balls to say you are wrong. That's pathetic.How many times have you been waterboarded?

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 05:58 PM
If you’re exactly like me, then you decided to test it. A couple friends came over and we set up a piece of plywood in a declined position. To add to the effect we added some ropes to tie down the victim’s hands. I was dying to go first.

I lay down and got my hands tied. The rag was pulled across my face and cold water was poured from a bucket. It was a lot worse than I thought.

What happens is water seeps through the cloth and runs down the nostrils straight into the sinuses. Nothing you can do will stop this. The effect of having ones sinuses fill with water triggers that “Holy god I’m drowning” reaction that causes panic. After 15 seconds or so I tapped out and they removed the rag. I pushed the water out of my sinuses and waited for my turn again.

My two friends went and lasted similar times. It was harder than we thought - unpleasant but not painful. It was getting cold, but I tried again. This time I tried methods to breathe that didn’t work, but I did notice something. When my sinuses completely filled with water, the drowning sensation ceased to get worse. I can hold my breath for 3 minutes on a good day, so all I’d have to do was put up with the weird water in the sinus feeling.

My last try lasted over 20 seconds and was cut short by the bucket running out of water. Just knowing that it was going to be ok once my sinuses filled made it much easier. I wanted to try again but I was full of water and it was getting cold.

http://tynan.net/how-to-survive-waterboarding/

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 05:58 PM

Yup. Ignoring my post. You lose, Chumpy.

You don't even have the balls to say you are wrong. That's pathetic.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Yup. Ignoring my post. You lose, Chumpy.

You don't even have the balls to say you are wrong. That's pathetic.I read your post.

It was irrelevant to my question.

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:02 PM

Predictable. I told you not to try it....

Let's look at how wrong you are...

The situation : Hannity might be up for waterboarding for charity.

What I said :

This means I believe, in this situation, the waterboarding is nothing. If I were hannity, this would be nothing to me. Why do I say this, let's continue...

You KNOW they aren't going to drown you,
This is obvious. In fact, Hannity will most likely have a doctor or paramedic team nearby in case anything goes wrong. He is going to be fine. So this is accurate, no need for experience.
Strike 1, Chumpy.

so all you have to do is let go and conquer the fear of drowning and control your stress level

Waterboarding is :
that consists of immobilizing the victim on his or her back with the head inclined downwards, and then pouring water over the face and into the breathing passages. By forced suffocation and inhalation of water, the subject experiences drowning and is caused to believe they are about to die

"In this procedure, the individual is bound securely to an inclined bench, which is approximately four feet by seven feet. The individual's feet are generally elevated. A cloth is placed over the forehead and eyes. Water is then applied to the cloth in a controlled manner. As this is done, the cloth is lowered until it covers both the nose and mouth. Once the cloth is saturated and completely covers the mouth and nose, air flow is slightly restricted for 20 to 40 seconds due to the presence of the cloth… During those 20 to 40 seconds, water is continuously applied from a height of twelve to twenty-four inches. After this period, the cloth is lifted, and the individual is allowed to breathe unimpeded for three or four full breaths… The procedure may then be repeated."
-----------------

So. After 20-40 seconds, they lift the cloth and you can breathe for a few breaths again. Then they do it all over again.

So, you are led to believe you are doing to drown and die. We already said Hannity is doing this for charity so he is not going to die, and we already said most likely have paramedics nearby during this in case anything happens.

So, logically, if you conquer the fear of drowning and your stress level, which is the only threat left to the victim, then you can conquer charity waterboarding. No experience necessary once again. Strike 2, Chumpy.

I can do that. I do not fear death in any capacity. At all. Zero fear. Situations in my life have proven to myself and to my family that I am calm under pressure. You'll have to take my word for it.

I said Hannity is a pussy, which is just my opinion.

So now I have proven that your question was irrelevant to what I said.

CLASS DISMISSED.:toast

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:05 PM
So now I have proven that your question was irrelevant to what I said.You have not.

How many time have you been waterboarded?

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:09 PM
It's irrelevant to what I said, as I have already proven.

This is just sad, ChumpDumper.

Don't you have any dignity or self-respect to force yourself to admit you were wrong?

I would never allow myself to behave like you are. If I was wrong, I would say it.

You are acting like a child. Just admit it.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:10 PM
How many times have you been water boarded?

It's a very simple question that can be answered with one word.

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:13 PM
It has no relevance to what I said, so your point is meaningless. You were wrong.

Admit it.

Are you one of those people who think they are perfect and never admit wrong?

clambake
04-29-2009, 06:14 PM
How many times have you been water boarded?

It's a very simple question that can be answered with one word.

he said "class dismissed".

did you get your moneys worth?

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:15 PM
:)

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:17 PM
It is quite relevant. I wasn't wrong about that.

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:21 PM
It is quite relevant. I wasn't wrong about that.

Are you one of those people who think they are perfect and never admit wrong? That would be very pathetic at your age.

YOU SAID

and as my post proved, my statements on how to beat this waterboarding for charity does not require me to be an authority.

I know where you wanted to go with your logic, but I warned you that you were wrong from the start.

Just admit it.

You were wrong. the end, I won't hold it against you. What is getting pathetic though is your refusal to admit it.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:23 PM
and as my post provedIt proved nothing.

Just say it.

Why are you so afraid to do so?

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:25 PM
It proved nothing.

Just say it.

Why are you so afraid to do so?

Your question won't prove anything.

Why ask it?

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:26 PM
It interests me and I do happen to think it relevant to the conversation.

I have been waterboarded zero times.

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Well, I don't think it is relevant to the conversation at all and I have thoroughly explained why your logic was flawed.

You will just have to accept that.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:29 PM
So, how many times have you been waterboarded?

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Irrelevant to what I said.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Sure it is.

Why are you so afraid to answer?

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Sure it is.

Why are you so afraid to answer?

Fallacy.

Who said I was afraid to answer?

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:40 PM
About three pages of your desperate avoidance says you are still afraid to answer.

sabar
04-29-2009, 06:40 PM
So, how many times have you been waterboarded?

Zero

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:41 PM
About three pages of your desperate avoidance says you are still afraid to answer.

No, it clearly says I think the question is irrelevant. Not anything about fear.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:42 PM
ZeroSee how easy that was?

I've already said I've been waterboarded zero times as well.

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Make a club.

Still irrelevant to what I said.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:44 PM
No, it clearly says I think the question is irrelevant. Not anything about fear.http://farm1.static.flickr.com/190/511028583_b34f93ea43_o.gif

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:45 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/190/511028583_b34f93ea43_o.gif

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/fairureqc4.jpg

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey, you're the one afraid to answer a simple question.

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Who said anything about being afraid? :lol

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:48 PM
It's ok to be afraid. I just don't know why you are in this case -- especially after claiming to be such a tough guy.

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:50 PM
When did I say anything about being afraid?

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:51 PM
You don't have to say anything.

We can all tell how afraid you are.

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:53 PM
You are afraid to admit you are wrong, that's for sure

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 06:55 PM
I've been wrong plenty of times.

This isn't one of them.

Your refusal to answer and your cowardly attempts to weasel out of it confirm it.

sabar
04-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Remember, it's only wrong if it does not help further your agenda!

The United States has long considered waterboarding to be torture and a war crime. As early as 1901, a US court martial convicted Major Edwin Glenn of subjecting a suspected insurgent in the Philippines to the “water cure.” After World War II, U.S. military commissions successfully prosecuted as war criminals several Japanese soldiers who subjected American prisoners to waterboarding. A U.S. army officer was court-martialed (http://hrw.org/pub/2006/washingtonpost012168.pdf) in February 1968 for helping to waterboard a prisoner in Vietnam. The U.S. Congress recently adopted the Military Commissions Act, which criminalized under all circumstances treatment of prisoners that causes serious physical or mental pain or suffering.

The legislation explicitly states that such suffering need not be “prolonged” for the treatment to constitute a war crime, a rebuke to past Bush administration legal opinions that reportedly permitted waterboarding on the questionable grounds that the terror it induces does not have a prolonged impact on its victims. Two of the chief sponsors of the legislation, Senators John McCain and John Warner, have said that it criminalizes waterboarding.

In April 2006, in a letter (http://hrw.org/english/docs/2006/04/06/usdom13130.htm) to Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez, more than 100 U.S. law professors stated unequivocally that waterboarding is torture, and is a criminal felony punishable under the U.S. federal criminal code.
“Vice President Cheney needs to get a better lawyer, someone who will tell him not to endorse criminal activities over the airwaves,” said Malinowski.
On September 6, the Pentagon issued a new Field Manual on Intelligence Interrogation that explicitly forbids the use of waterboarding in any interrogation.

General Jeff Kimmons, the Senior Intelligence officer in the U.S. Army, explained when these new rules were released: “No good intelligence is going to come from abusive practices. I think history tells us that. I think the empirical evidence of the last five years, hard years, tell us that.” The U.S. Army’s new counterinsurgency manual states that “torture and cruel, inhumane and degrading treatment is never a morally permissible option, even in situations where lives depend on gaining information.” It concludes that those who “lose moral legitimacy” by employing such methods “lose the war.”

So since water-boarding is a-ok, we wouldn't have any problems with other states using it against our soldiers/civilians.

And of course, people that think they are dying would never give false information just to get out of the torture. The government uses water-boarding extracted confessions just like a DA uses plea bargains on a desperate suspected criminal. Even if the confession is false, they get their job done at any cost.

MiamiHeat
04-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Your explanation of why you asked that question proves you are wrong.

I already debunked you. Point proven. Game over. You were wrong and your cowardly attempts to weasel out of admitting it is sad.

:lol

smeagol
04-29-2009, 06:59 PM

Zero.

We don't waterboard people here in Argentina.

We are a civil nation . . . :hat

Blake
04-29-2009, 07:00 PM
You are afraid to admit you are wrong, that's for sure

acting like an expert with no experience is a fail.

bragging that you can take it with no experience is a fail.

everytime you fail to say "zero" it is a fail becasue we all know it's a "zero".

you lose.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Zero.

We are a civil nation . . . :hatYou are no coward.

clambake
04-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Zero.

We are a civil nation . . . :hat

:boom

smeagol
04-29-2009, 07:01 PM
I've been wrong plenty of times.

Every time we have an argument in these internets, you are wrong.

I'm a living witness to your wrongness . . . :lmao

smeagol
04-29-2009, 07:04 PM
You are no coward.

I'm not like MH.

smeagol
04-29-2009, 07:05 PM
I already debunked you.

You are awesome at debunking.

I remember when you debunked Chrstianity.

Hell of a job, son :tu

Jacob1983
04-29-2009, 11:07 PM
Why doesn't Olbermann just stop his bitching about FOX News and have a four way with Glenn Beck, Hannity, and O'Reilly? Olbermann definitely would love to get O'Reilly in bed. I seriously think that Olbermann has a crush on O'Reilly. He should just come out and admit that he has a thing for Bill-O.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2009, 11:19 PM
You're projecting.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Chump, Heat, you're both idiots in this instance.

Heat, you chose your initial phrasing about waterboarding EXTREMELY poorly, making it sound like it was not a devastating method of torture, when in fact you were arguing the opposite postion; Hannity being waterboarded would not have the same psychological effect because he's not in a tortured scenario.

Chump is simply pissed because he misunderstood you (so did everyone else for that matter) and now is clinging to the idea that you were actually arguing directly with him, because that's easier to do, and frankly, it's annoying when someone seemingly takes one position on the subject and then needs to explain later on how completely jacked up their initial statements were.

I'd like to see Hannity waterboarded. Not because I approve of torture, as some might pathetically suggest in this thread, but because he acted like a big tough guy and said he'd do it. I'd like to see if he could withstand it. My impression is that even though you are partly correct -- the psychological factor in play would help him a great deal -- I still think it would be a horrible situation for him to experience unless they toned it down and made it into a hand-holding exercise in, "Oh are you ok? Here's a drop of water.. I hope it's not too much!" and so forth. I think it would still be damaging enough to frighten the hell out of him, if they actually went the full monty on the waterboard.

Stop bickering, guys. It's cloggin' up mah internets.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Chump is simply pissed because he misunderstood youI understood him perfectly from the start. He made a claim about something he could do easily.

velik_m
04-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Waterboarding sound awful to me, but maybe it's because i'm partial to breathing.

And although we're not as civili nation as Argentinians i haven't been waterboarded either.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2009, 01:33 AM
I understood him perfectly from the start. He made a claim about something he could do easily.

I think he was referring to the comparison of waterboarding in a public, national setting where people who cared about the person were in abundance vs. a dank cell with no friendly human contact to speak of. In that situation, his analogy is quite a bit more apt, although not entirely accurate. Waterboarding still sucks, but you have to admit, it would suck a lot more to be subjected to it under P.O.W. conditions, as opposed to a nationally televised media stunt for charity.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2009, 01:37 AM

I can do that easy.Bolding is mine.

That's what he said.

No need to rehash the rest.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2009, 01:50 AM
Bolding is mine.

That's what he said.

No need to rehash the rest.

Like I said, he's an idiot for his comment, but I don't know why you feel the need to bite on the obvious ITG statement. That's almost beneath trolling on his part.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2009, 01:51 AM
It was fun for me.

MiamiHeat
04-30-2009, 01:58 AM
That charity event would be easy for me, but that doesn't mean it's easy for EVERYONE.

Strawmen by chumpydumper

ChumpDumper
04-30-2009, 02:00 AM
Misuse of term strawmen by MiamiHeat.

MiamiHeat
04-30-2009, 02:02 AM
You created a false position and attacked it.

Strawman.

Changed it to strawmen because you did it more than once.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2009, 02:03 AM
You created the position.

I asked you for evidence to support it.

MiamiHeat
04-30-2009, 02:03 AM
Me telling you is enough. You'll have to take my word for it.

I think charity waterboarding would be easy if I were Hannity.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2009, 02:04 AM

MiamiHeat
04-30-2009, 02:04 AM
hashahsahasjdsha

lmao, that made me laugh hard right now :lol

irrelevant to what i said.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2009, 02:13 AM
hashahsahasjdsha

lmao, that made me laugh hard right now :lol

irrelevant to what i said.

So wait, you think being waterboarded would be an easy thing to tolerate, even though you've never actually had it done to you?

Well, I think I would like to be doused in gasoline and set on fire, all the while being cock-punched by the Klitschko brothers, with a bunch of sword-wielding Muslims attacking me after I denounce Allah. And I can do this because -I- say I can.

Psssst, hey, internet tough guy: No one gives a fuck how big and bad you think you are. Talking about how you can deal with stuff on the internet doesn't make you any tougher, though you might need it for your ego's sake. :lol

MiamiHeat
04-30-2009, 02:17 AM
I have no ego, sorry to burst your bubble. I am not that shallow.

and here's a snippet :

The first phase is called hitting the wall--the moment when you believe you can't take another step, when you can't survive another minute, when you're willing to do anything just to stop the misery. The course is carefully designed so that everyone hits the wall. In that critical moment, when you're begging for food and rest, the trainers push you even harder. The purpose is to prove that you're stronger than you know and that you can keep going. Success isn't about your size or strength. Survival is all in your mind.

---

And this is just a charity event. So yeah. I'm standing on firm ground here.

velik_m
04-30-2009, 02:32 AM
I have no ego, sorry to burst your bubble.

That explains a lot.

Id, ego, and super-ego are the three parts of the "psychic apparatus" defined in Sigmund Freud's structural model of the psyche; they are the three theoretical constructs in terms of whose activity and interaction mental life is described. According to this model, the uncoordinated instinctual trends are the "id"; the organized realistic part of the psyche is the "ego," and the critical and moralizing function the "super-ego."

In modern-day society, ego has many meanings. It could mean one’s self-esteem; an inflated sense of self-worth; or in philosophical terms, one’s self. However, according to Freud, the ego is the part of the mind which contains the consciousness. Originally, Freud had associated the word ego to meaning a sense of self; however, he later revised it to mean a set of psychic functions such as judgment, tolerance, reality-testing, control, planning, defense, synthesis of information, intellectual functioning, and memory.

MiamiHeat
04-30-2009, 02:37 AM
Nope, was just referring to

a. An exaggerated sense of self-importance; conceit.

Freud also said we all want to subconsciously sleep with our mothers and kill our fathers, so maybe you shouldn't quote him.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2009, 02:51 AM
Success isn't about your size or strength. Survival is all in your mind.

And when or where did anyone bring your size or your physical strength into the conversation? Have we called into question how big you are or how much weight you bench press? No, but you are bringing it up now. I find this amusing.

And this is just a charity event. So yeah. I'm standing on firm ground here.

Mmmkay. Keep telling yourself that, tough guy. Just because I BELIEVE I could walk into a four-alarm fire with no protective clothing and bring 8 people out alive by myself, just because I BELIEVE I could walk into Yankee stadium and hit a homer on the first pitch against the best pitcher in baseball, just because I BELIEVE that if a heavyweight championship fighter hits me, it's not going to hurt, doesn't suddenly make these things happen. There is nothing psychologically simple about being tortured, not in a cell in bufu Egypt, not on national TV.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2009, 02:55 AM
Nope, was just referring to

a. An exaggerated sense of self-importance; conceit.

Freud also said we all want to subconsciously sleep with our mothers and kill our fathers, so maybe you shouldn't quote him.

Yes, stating that you can endure torture with no qualms as to it's effects on you with no previous experience to said torture definitely doesn't portray a sense of conceit or arrogance. :rolleyes

MiamiHeat
04-30-2009, 02:57 AM
And when or where did anyone bring your size or your physical strength into the conversation? .

It's just a snippet, havoc.

like from an article.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2009, 03:00 AM
It's just a snippet, havoc.

like from an article.

If only going through torture was as easy as posting random successful internet quotes. :lol

MiamiHeat
04-30-2009, 03:08 AM
Charity, havoc. :)

velik_m
04-30-2009, 03:26 AM

Maybe i should, since Freud invented the concept of ego and is therefore the highest authority on this subject. His other claims have no barring on this matter.

Maybe once you finish high school, you will go to college and get that all important critical thinking ability and ability to logically present your arguments. Then you won't be forced to go into straw-men attacks that make you look ignorant.

MiamiHeat
04-30-2009, 03:30 AM
blah

Why are you trying so hard? It's not working ;/

Just a bunch of unrelated gibberish =(

Winehole23
04-30-2009, 07:31 AM
^^^Adamantine skull prevents sense from entering or escaping.

Blake
04-30-2009, 08:23 AM
And when or where did anyone bring your size or your physical strength into the conversation? Have we called into question how big you are or how much weight you bench press? No, but you are bringing it up now. I find this amusing.

Mmmkay. Keep telling yourself that, tough guy. Just because I BELIEVE I could walk into a four-alarm fire with no protective clothing and bring 8 people out alive by myself, just because I BELIEVE I could walk into Yankee stadium and hit a homer on the first pitch against the best pitcher in baseball, just because I BELIEVE that if a heavyweight championship fighter hits me, it's not going to hurt, doesn't suddenly make these things happen. There is nothing psychologically simple about being tortured, not in a cell in bufu Egypt, not on national TV.

are you trying to clog up everyone elsah's internets?

DarkReign
04-30-2009, 08:42 AM
^^^Adamantine skull prevents sense from entering or escaping.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k19/darkreign24/ProfessorX.jpg

LnGrrrR
04-30-2009, 09:42 AM

Humans are able to stay awake throughout long parts of the day. Some people have been known to stay awake for 5 days or longer! Therefore, LOGICALLY, most people should go without sleep for 3-5 days at a time in order to get more things done.

:clap

LnGrrrR
04-30-2009, 09:50 AM
I'd like to see Hannity waterboarded. Not because I approve of torture, as some might pathetically suggest in this thread, but because he acted like a big tough guy and said he'd do it. I'd like to see if he could withstand it. My impression is that even though you are partly correct -- the psychological factor in play would help him a great deal -- I still think it would be a horrible situation for him to experience unless they toned it down and made it into a hand-holding exercise in, "Oh are you ok? Here's a drop of water.. I hope it's not too much!" and so forth. I think it would still be damaging enough to frighten the hell out of him, if they actually went the full monty on the waterboard.

I'd wait until he agreed to it, then hire people in masks to kidnap him at work, drag him to a warehouse with hidden cameras, and do it there. :)

Cry Havoc
04-30-2009, 10:54 AM
I'd wait until he agreed to it, then hire people in masks to kidnap him at work, drag him to a warehouse with hidden cameras, and do it there. :)

At that point, he'd try to call the whole thing off though, and if he couldn't, there would be lawsuits and people getting jailtime over the whole thing. :depressed

ElNono
04-30-2009, 11:19 AM
At that point, he'd try to call the whole thing off though, and if he couldn't, there would be lawsuits and people getting jailtime over the whole thing. :depressed

Pansy...

braeden0613
04-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Can we just punch both of them in the face? I'm sure people would pay money to see that.

RandomGuy
04-30-2009, 11:41 AM

I would indeed have to take your word for it.

I would also have to be fairly and honestly skeptical about your ability to as you say until you have actually undergone the procedure.

Unless you have undergone the procedure, myself as an outside party with no access whatsoever to your thoughts, must conclude there is not sufficient evidence to say conclusively that you would be able to survive this with no fear whatsoever.

A pole jumper might fully believe and be capable of clearing any particular height bar he sets for himself, but until that leap is actually made, no one, including the pole jumper himself, can truly say for 100% certain that he can clear it.

koriwhat
04-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Maybe i should, since Freud invented the concept of ego and is therefore the highest authority on this subject. His other claims have no barring on this matter.

Maybe once you finish high school, you will go to college and get that all important critical thinking ability and ability to logically present your arguments. Then you won't be forced to go into straw-men attacks that make you look ignorant.

following the lead of a coke head? freud was a bullshitter to the n'th degree. fuck freud!

101A
04-30-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm wondering if because it was for a "good cause", and would be done in "good fun"- if that mental aspect would make it "easier", if not less uncomfortable.

Myself? Complete pussy - start singing before there was H2O in the room (hate being strapped down).

True story: I was a bank teller in college, and a regular customer comes up to the window and says, "I have a gun, give me all your money." I start emptying my drawer and start stacking 100's on the counter - dude says, "Man it was a joke - you know me - I didn't even show you a gun." My reply? "A gun I can see is that much closer to shooting me."

Cry Havoc
04-30-2009, 12:01 PM
following the lead of a coke head? freud was a bullshitter to the n'th degree. fuck freud!

To the contrary, Freud has been much maligned over the years by the media and by Psychology as well, who used his theories to break into mainstream science.

Many people think Freud was only about subconscious sexual desires, when in reality his theories were a lot more complicated and detailed than that.

koriwhat
04-30-2009, 12:11 PM
To the contrary, Freud has been much maligned over the years by the media and by Psychology as well, who used his theories to break into mainstream science.

Many people think Freud was only about subconscious sexual desires, when in reality his theories were a lot more complicated and detailed than that.

i couldn't stand the man crush my psychology professor had for freud so maybe that's foggin' up my glasses. i just don't get how anyone can take a coke head seriously. all the coke heads i know are fuckin' loopy out of their minds and freud was no different.

Winehole23
04-30-2009, 01:36 PM
To the contrary, Freud has been much maligned over the years by the media and by Psychology as well, who used his theories to break into mainstream science.It's a pity the received opinion prevents people from reading Freud. His writing is first rate, and people forget the true aim of psychoanalysis as he described it: the conversion of extreme misery and suffering into everyday unhappiness.

Totem and Taboo isn't a bad place to start, and it's a good intro to one of Freud's great themes, viz., that all that separates us from *the savages* is a tissue thin veneer of enlightened consciousness.

DarkReign
04-30-2009, 02:08 PM
all the coke heads i know are fuckin' loopy out of their minds and freud was no different.

Im not saying youre wrong for having such a low opinion of cokeheads...rightfully so in most cases, Im sure.

But if you dont like Freud for that reason, you shouldnt enjoy the work of many, many great artists, scientists and thinkers throughout history.

Cocaine has been illegal in this country, for what? One hundred years? Total guess. Its been around far longer than that and envogue amongst the elite for a better part of a few centuries.

Wasnt Newton into drugs like opium and hash? Damnit, I cant remember...

MiamiHeat
04-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Havoc wants to kill his father and have sex with his mother.

Winehole23
05-01-2009, 12:14 AM
*crickets*

Cry Havoc
05-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Havoc wants to kill his father and have sex with his mother.

What makes you think I haven't already done so?

koriwhat
05-01-2009, 02:36 AM
Im not saying youre wrong for having such a low opinion of cokeheads...rightfully so in most cases, Im sure.

But if you dont like Freud for that reason, you shouldnt enjoy the work of many, many great artists, scientists and thinkers throughout history.

Cocaine has been illegal in this country, for what? One hundred years? Total guess. Its been around far longer than that and envogue amongst the elite for a better part of a few centuries.

Wasnt Newton into drugs like opium and hash? Damnit, I cant remember...

theres a difference when you are speaking about specific drugs and what they might have on your consciousness/subconsciousness.

lsd was a big explosion for me. i loved it and it definitely opened my eyes to the world around me and that within my head as does mush. cocaine on the contrary just makes you insane. yeah yeah people say the same about lsd and any other psychedelic but whatever.

i'm not saying freud is a nut or he doesn't know his shit but i am saying i could care less about freud as i do about the other dumbfuck cokeheads i know. bunch of teeth grinding junkies.

i don't want to fuck my mom and i'm indifferent about my father but i don't want to kill him. i think freud made sense here and there but overall his concepts were just bs to me. not to say they aren't relevant but my opinion is what it is and i can't help that.

lsd. the world around you isn't a world at all. believe that!

damn beer.

MiamiHeat
05-01-2009, 03:42 AM
What makes you think I haven't already done so?

ooh, internet tough guy, I see.

Winehole23
05-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Turn it around on yourself. Only sissies complain about waterboarding, right?

Blake
05-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Lol

If Mankind invented the idea of a God, it means there is no God.

If you want to hold onto the possibility that we invented the concept of God, but there still could be "a" God, then you are desperate.

Lol

If MiamiHeat invented the idea that waterboarding is nothing, it means that it is something.

If you want to hold on to the possibility that waterboarding is nothing and that you could do it easy, then either you are desperate or you are a pussy for not trying it yourself.

you're definitely a moron.

Cry Havoc
05-01-2009, 09:52 AM
ooh, internet tough guy, I see.

I see you missed out on the concept of sarcasm.

MannyIsGod
05-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Wow, MiamHeat transcends a whole new level of stupidity.

MiamiHeat
05-01-2009, 02:56 PM
I see you missed out on the concept of sarcasm.

I see you missed out on the concept of humor.

Psssst, hey, internet tough guy:

Mmmkay. Keep telling yourself that, tough guy.

MiamiHeat
05-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Wow, MiamHeat transcends a whole new level of stupidity.

lolno u