PDA

View Full Version : A&M-Tech should be fun next year

samikeyp
04-29-2009, 12:58 PM
If these two keep it up...:lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4110528

Texas A&M is scheduled to play Texas Tech on Oct. 24 in Lubbock. If the teams' respective coaches keep up their current exchange, that game could be the grudge match of the year in the Big 12.

Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman was not amused when Texas Tech coach Mike Leach brought up ex-Aggies QB Stephen McGee's draft selection in the midst of questioning NFL teams' draft decisions on the Red Raiders' star players.

And he was still not happy when Leach, despite saying he didn't intend to offend his in-state rivals, wondered aloud where Sherman would have drafted McGee -- who sat much of his senior season -- if he were still an NFL coach.

On Monday, Leach, upset that wide receiver Michael Crabtree slipped to 10th in the draft and quarterback Graham Harrell wasn't chosen at all, noted that McGee was chosen in the fourth round by the Dallas Cowboys.

"I'm happy for Stephen McGee," Leach said. "The Dallas Cowboys like him more than his coaches at A&M did."

That didn't go over so well with Sherman or McGee.

"I don't understand Coach Leach's comments about Stephen McGee," Sherman replied on Monday. "He was named our starter until he got injured. ... Coach Leach is in no position to comment about my relationship with Stephen McGee."

"I don't know where that comment came from or who it was directed at," McGee added. "But I am shocked because my time at A&M was very special to me. Obviously, I got injured, and many people think that Coach Sherman benched me. That's just not true."

Leach tried to smooth things over in reply.

"There's been far more rhetoric around this than I ever would have expected," Leach said. "Under the best of circumstances, there is some variance in how people assess and discuss quarterbacks because everybody is looking for different things."

But then he brought up McGee again.

"But based on all the fuss and commotion on this, I can't help but wonder what round Coach Sherman would have drafted Stephen McGee, given the fact he was once a head coach in the NFL," Leach added.

Sherman was not pleased.

"There is nothing Mike Leach could ever say that would offend me," Sherman said. "I do find it unfortunate, however, that a college coach feels the need to question the handling of a player by a staff particularly without any knowledge of the facts or the extent of a player's injury. It is equally bothersome that a football coach would question the draft status of a player. This doesn't make any sense to me.

"I have stated numerous times before the draft I thought Stephen McGee was a late third or early fourth-round pick. It is apparent the Dallas Cowboys felt the same way. It was a great pick."

Blake
04-29-2009, 01:37 PM
"I'm happy for Stephen McGee," Leach said. "The Dallas Cowboys like him more than his coaches at A&M did."

Leach is greatness.

:lmao

degenerate_gambler
04-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Leach is greatness.

:lmao

i dont know about greatness...

but he does have some serious scoreboard over aggy.

Blake
04-29-2009, 02:00 PM
i dont know about greatness...

you're a horn fan so why would you?

but he does have some serious scoreboard over aggy.

Tech has serious scoreboard over the ags going back to the Spike Dykes days.

Ballcox
04-29-2009, 02:10 PM
All I can say to tech fans is payback is a bitch. Get ready for a serious ass kicking when you guys visit Austin this season.

And feel free to continue an inconsequential rilvary with a&m while we look at both of you in our rear view mirror.:lol

Fermixalot
04-29-2009, 02:27 PM
All I can say to tech fans is payback is a bitch. Get ready for a serious ass kicking when you guys visit Austin this season.

And feel free to continue an inconsequential rilvary with a&m while we look at both of you in our rear view mirror.:lol

I hope the Horns utterly destroy the Raiders. Usually fans leave early during blowouts, but if this game is 75-3 with 2 minutes left, I guarantee everyone will be there.

Damn Crabtree and his ridiculous catches. damn Gideon or dropping an interception I could have caught. and Damn our pass defense.

Blake
04-29-2009, 02:48 PM

most likely.

....and whoever made the schedule this year should be shot. even if they both sucked, Tech and UT should never play each other in September.

ok.

lol 39-33

Blake
04-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Damn Crabtree and his ridiculous catches. damn Gideon or dropping an interception I could have caught. and Damn our pass defense.

damn your shot at a national championship.

lol 39-33

samikeyp
04-29-2009, 03:05 PM
most likely.

....and whoever made the schedule this year should be shot. even if they both sucked, Tech and UT should never play each other in September.

Agreed.

Doug Collins
04-29-2009, 04:07 PM
This whole thing is overblown. Sherman should just shut up and concentrate on improving the team. Having a defense that doesn't give up 600 yards a game would be a good place to start.

Blake
04-29-2009, 04:55 PM
This whole thing is overblown. Sherman should just shut up and concentrate on improving the team. Having a defense that doesn't give up 600 yards a game would be a good place to start.

Absolutely. He needs to shut the hell up until he can coach a team that can beat Arkansas State, much less get blown out by Baylor.

Fpoonsie
04-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Absolutely. He needs to shut the hell up until he can coach a team that can beat Arkansas State, much less get blown out by Baylor.

Not surprising. An Aggie takes a humble stance on the issue and Blake takes advantage of another opportunity to personify Tech douchebaggery.

Blake
04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Not surprising. An Aggie takes a humble stance on the issue and Blake takes advantage of another opportunity to personify Tech douchebaggery.

aw, cmon poon.....I thought we were friends and all.... :lol

I'm agreeing with Doug. Sherman needs to shut up and get to work on fixing the Aggies.

Truth be told, I think Sherman was a lousy hire from the start. A&M had other options that would have been better.

Fpoonsie
04-30-2009, 10:12 AM
aw, cmon poon.....I thought we were friends and all.... :lol

I'm agreeing with Doug. Sherman needs to shut up and get to work on fixing the Aggies.

Truth be told, I think Sherman was a lousy hire from the start. A&M had other options that would have been better.

:lol

Sigh. Yeah, I guess.

Signed,
Bitter, Resentful Aggie.

mookie2001
05-01-2009, 03:08 PM
mcgee and japorkski lane were too legendary to play their senior years