Worst Case: Felipe Reyes

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tyler-Hansbrough-288/

Come on spurs, get him!

Ditty
04-29-2009, 07:08 PM
would trade 2 secound round picks and bonner to move up to get him

EricB
04-29-2009, 07:59 PM
If he's there at 37 its tempting. But he is a college player ala Brian Cardinal.

TheSpursFNRule
04-29-2009, 10:26 PM
he would play good with the spurs. you know it.

DPG21920
04-29-2009, 10:32 PM
He is so bad.

holcs50
04-29-2009, 10:48 PM
hes definitely not the most talented, but you know he'd hustle his ass off, and go for every loose ball/rebound out there. He seems like a good O-rebounder too, and won't take a ton of shots like boner boy. Ill take this kid over boner any day, but hell i'd take almost any big man in the league over boner. As a second round pick, i wouldn't mind giving him a shot. I dont think he'll drop out of late first though

daslicer
04-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Terrible prospect come on we already have one white stiff we don't need another. This guy is Bonner boy without a jumpshot and his inside game will not work in the NBA. He will get swatted 9 out of 10 times. At best he is Mark Madsen part 2. I'm tired of a hustle guys who have not talent. The Spurs need to get some athletic players.

EricB
04-30-2009, 12:17 AM
hes definitely not the most talented, but you know he'd hustle his ass off, and go for every loose ball/rebound out there. He seems like a good O-rebounder too, and won't take a ton of shots like boner boy. Ill take this kid over boner any day, but hell i'd take almost any big man in the league over boner. As a second round pick, i wouldn't mind giving him a shot. I dont think he'll drop out of late first though

Tyler Hansbrough is Matt Bonner without the three point jumper.

His name is Bonner. Spell it right fucktard.

manufor3
04-30-2009, 07:31 AM
watching him play, he kind of reminds me of scola. just saying...

TheProfessor
04-30-2009, 08:44 AM
I know he's limited. But if the foreign prospects we're inevitably looking at (Casspi, Jerekbo, Dasic) are off the board, and he's there at 37...I think you have to take a chance.

GOSPURS733
04-30-2009, 01:36 PM
no thanks i dont wanna see him do this on our team lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUzxBa_yuCs

TheProfessor
04-30-2009, 01:39 PM

:lol He actually didn't look too unathletic there.

manufor3
04-30-2009, 04:01 PM

they were up by 21 points...

EricB
04-30-2009, 05:24 PM
watching him play, he kind of reminds me of scola. just saying...

Without the basketball skill and shorter hair, yeah your probobly right.

holcs50
04-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Tyler Hansbrough is Matt Bonner without the three point jumper.

His name is Bonner. Spell it right fucktard.

No, tyler is a lot younger, a lot fresher and I guarantee won't be so awful on defensive rotations. He would obviously need a transition stage, but there's a chance he can be a spark off the bench down the road. Either way anything is better than BONER. I know how to spell his name fag. And I'll spell it BONER as long as I want because he is a major boner. Why are you so concerned how I spell his name anyways?....fucktard

TheProfessor
04-30-2009, 06:17 PM
:lol I really don't know why people are lobbing insults. Everyone's going to have a different opinion regarding prospects, and I don't think it needs to devolve into the usual ST flame war.

EricB
04-30-2009, 07:56 PM
No, tyler is a lot younger, a lot fresher and I guarantee won't be so awful on defensive rotations. He would obviously need a transition stage, but there's a chance he can be a spark off the bench down the road. Either way anything is better than BONER. I know how to spell his name fag. And I'll spell it BONER as long as I want because he is a major boner. Why are you so concerned how I spell his name anyways?....fucktard

Ahhh another 15 year old homophobe I see.

Hansbourough is Mark Madsen that went to NC therefore he's overhyped.

BoNNer > Madsen.

Deal with it and get back to class high schooler.

exstatic
04-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Hansborough is going to stiff big time in the NBA with that SF body. The ACC press guys do love their white boys.

EricB
04-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Hansborough is going to stiff big time in the NBA with that SF body. The ACC press guys do love their white boys.

Yeah Cherokee Parks was a lottery pick thanks to those guys.

holcs50
04-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Ahhh another 15 year old homophobe I see.

Hansbourough is Mark Madsen that went to NC therefore he's overhyped.

BoNNer > Madsen.

Deal with it and get back to class high schooler.

HAHAHA-yep exactly I'm a 15 year old and big time homophobe because I used the word "fag". You need to chill and not read into things said on a spurs forum so much. I guess your just an immature 35 year old by calling me a"fucktard" ( I mean who says that? either a 15 year old you accused me of, or a disgruntled middle aged man), and over the improper spelling of a "bonner"...hahahhaha. Cheer up grump.

stxspurs
05-01-2009, 07:40 AM
Yeah Cherokee Parks was a lottery pick thanks to those guys.

true very true

duncan228
05-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Hansbrough not worried about draft order (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-draftcombine&prov=ap&type=lgns)

There was more than a touch of defiance in Tyler Hansbrough’s voice while he spoke Friday at the NBA predraft camp.

“Doubt me all you want, but I think I have a lot to prove,” the winner of the 2008 Naismith and Wooden awards said.

There are plenty of doubters whether Hansbrough’s abilities will translate into a successful NBA career after a wildly successful college career.

Hansbrough, who measured 6-foot-8, 234 pounds at the predraft camp, averaged 20.3 and 8.6 rebounds for his career and led North Carolina to the NCAA championship in April. However, many predictions have labeled him a middle first-round pick.

“I’m not worried about it,” he said. “It’s just a bunch of people saying whatever they want. I think I’ll prove a lot of people wrong.

“They kind of doubted me in high school and said I wouldn’t be a good college player. I’ll bet a lot of people wouldn’t have thought I would have wound up being the ACC all-time leading scorer. They can doubt me or whatever, but I got the job done and won a national championship.”

North Carolina teammate Ty Lawson understands the chip Hansbrough carries on his shoulder.

“That would be motivation for anybody,” he said. “Last year everybody told me I would not go until the second round, and it made me want to work harder and come back this year.”

Concern over Hansbrough’s quickness and scoring ability led to much of the criticism. He hopes the predraft camp calms any such fears among NBA personnel.

“I think a lot of times people perceive me as a hard worker,” he said. “Sometimes my skills get overlooked. I’m a capable midrange shooter. I think I’ll prove that at a lot of these workouts.

“Some people say I’m not athletic. I think I move very well, and I move my feet well, too.”

Hansbrough thinks the NBA style of play will make it more possible for him to score.

“I’ve had three people guarding me for the past three years, so when I get to the NBA it’s going to be more one-on-ones. I think that’s a little different for me. I’ll be able to handle that.”

Lawson said he has seen evidence of Hansbrough’s offensive potential.

“You had me and Wayne Ellington and Danny (Green) taking the shots, so there was no point in him doing it, but he had to add that last year at times,” Lawson said. “I really think he’s done a good job with that.”

At this point, the only team to give Hansbrough a private workout is Chicago, although he expects to schedule several more soon. The Bulls had him at the Berto Center last weekend and while there he took a look at the six championship trophies on display at their headquarters.

“I like the tradition,” Hansbrough said. “At North Carolina, we’ve had our tradition ourselves. It would be nice to go to a place that has that same tradition, has a winning program kind of style.

“I saw their (playoff) series against Boston. They’re a pretty tough team. We’ll see what happens.”

Hansbrough had a reputation with college basketball fans for being the sport’s biggest villain, possibly a college version of former Detroit Piston Bill Laimbeer. Regardless of where he goes in the draft, in a higher league Hansbrough can look forward to blending in more while inciting fewer crowds.

“Maybe a little bit, but I’m always going to have people who hate me so much just for some of the things I’ve done at Carolina,” he said. “It’s no big thing for me, but I enjoy it and I have fun with it.”

duncan228
05-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Hansbrough says evaluate his four-year college body of work, not just a few workouts (http://www.mercedsunstar.com/359/story/872495.html)
By Rick Bonnell

CHICAGO -- North Carolina's Tyler Hansbrough sounds sick of the game.

Not that game; he still loves basketball. It's this game of expectations, a month away from the NBA draft, and it's tiresome.

There's a rule of thumb in the NBA that your projected draft spot approximates how many auditions you should do. The presumed top pick -Oklahoma's Blake Griffin, in this case - might do a single workout. A player projected in the 20s will be asked to work out for two-thirds of the league.

Hansbrough isn't playing that game.

"I'm not going to work out for a lot of teams," Hansbrough asserted Thursday at the NBA combine. "Maybe eight. I did this (college basketball) for four years. They should know I can play."

Hansbrough's tone wasn't petulant. More exasperated. He reminds me of former Wake Forest star Tim Duncan. Not that Hansbrough is in Duncan's class, but they had similarly complete resumes, transitioning from college to the NBA.

Hansbrough doesn't want credit for staying in college four years, but he doesn't deserve demerits, either. In these times, when the default move is to turn pro at the first sniff of a first-round selection, Hansbrough is an anomaly. Maybe a relic.

He stuck around Chapel Hill because he loved the place. He still laughs about the jump off that balcony into a pool, and how that fraternity house ended up with raised insurance rates for the stunt. He's certainly not the first North Carolina grad who delayed departure. But he's ready for the working world.

There's this assumption Hansbrough is flawed because he doesn't jump 2 feet above the rim, make NBA 3-pointers or have post moves so complex, he's Final Jeopardy and the category is "Famous Algorithms."

It's much more elemental. Hansbrough has this knack for getting fouled while shooting in the post. You can watch him score or foul him. It's what every NBA team missed about Brad Miller, coming out of college, and that guy wasn't even drafted. Miller ended up an All-Star.

I'm not saying Hansbrough is an All-Star. I'm saying that in this mediocre draft, teams will come to accept, somewhere in the 20s, that a power forward who consistently goes to the foul line, and makes 84 percent of those attempts, is an asset. Perhaps not as a starter, but certainly as a rotation player.

Hansbrough said Thursday he sent his lucky, pinstripe suit - you know it, the one his teammates called the "mafia suit" - to the Smith Center Museum. It's a fresh start, he explained; you don't wear something for two years, then show up in it on draft night.

But clothes don't make the man, acts do. And Hansbrough's act in the lane will continue to wear well.

pad300
05-29-2009, 10:27 PM

SF Body? Compare Griffin and Hansborough on measurements:

Tyler Hansbrough 6' 8.25" 6' 9.5" 234 6' 11.5" 8' 10"
Blake Griffin 6' 8.5 6' 10" 248 6' 11.25" 8' 9"

Hansborough has more wingspan, and more standing reach. 234 is not too light for a PF, and he will likely add some once in the NBA...He's got some skills, and some real steel in his spine.

I won't object if we draft Hansborough at 37...

Pucho!!!
05-30-2009, 01:36 PM
SF Body? Compare Griffin and Hansborough on measurements:

Tyler Hansbrough 6' 8.25" 6' 9.5" 234 6' 11.5" 8' 10"
Blake Griffin 6' 8.5 6' 10" 248 6' 11.25" 8' 9"

Hansborough has more wingspan, and more standing reach. 234 is not too light for a PF, and he will likely add some once in the NBA...He's got some skills, and some real steel in his spine.

I won't object if we draft Hansborough at 37...

Excellent point!!! All I know is this dude got tons of grit and heart, 2 qualities that were missing on this years team. Sometimes a prospect doesnt have to have all the glitz and glamour to prove to be an effective player in the NBA (e.g. a role player). :hat Also, Ive always seen Griffin as a Carmelo Anthony type player in the NBA without the three point range.

Stump
06-01-2009, 02:52 PM
I have never really found Hansbrough to be very tempting in the past, but I've lately started to drift in favor of the guy. If the Spurs are looking for somebody who can be a solid roleplayer off the bench with energy, he would make a very safe pick.

EricB
06-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Excellent point!!! All I know is this dude got tons of grit and heart, 2 qualities that were missing on this years team. Sometimes a prospect doesnt have to have all the glitz and glamour to prove to be an effective player in the NBA (e.g. a role player). :hat Also, Ive always seen Griffin as a Carmelo Anthony type player in the NBA without the three point range.

He's another Mark Madsen.

The Spurs don't need Mark Madsen.

Pucho!!!
06-01-2009, 09:18 PM
He's another Mark Madsen.

The Spurs don't need Mark Madsen.

did mark madsen play in the post? he did so little in the nba I can't remember haha

bigdog
06-01-2009, 10:28 PM
No, no, and NO.
We don't need an undersized stiff on our frontline. Bonner is better than this guy.

mountainballer
06-02-2009, 04:09 AM
No, no, and NO.
We don't need an undersized stiff on our frontline. Bonner is better than this guy.

this would mean that Bonner is either very good, or that Tyler is very very bad.

and btw. if Hansbrough is undersized, Bonner is it as well.

Hansbrough:
height w/o shoes: 6' 8.25" in shoes: 6' 9.5", weight: 234, wingspan: 6' 11.5", reach: 8' 10"

Bonner:
height w/o shoes: 6' 8.5" in shoes: 6' 10", weight: 242, wingspan: 6' 8.75", reach: 8' 9.5"

Mr. Body
06-04-2009, 04:21 AM
We'd be lucky to get a guy like this in the draft, and that ain't saying much.

mountainballer
06-04-2009, 07:39 AM
reportedly the Bulls are very high on Hansbrough and plan to pick him at #16. he would be a nice fit there.

Stump
06-04-2009, 07:58 AM
reportedly the Bulls are very high on Hansbrough and plan to pick him at #16. he would be a nice fit there.
That's a pretty big reach for a player with such a low ceiling. If they really want him, it might be worth their while to trade back a few more slots so they can get some more value with the 16th pick.

mountainballer
06-04-2009, 08:19 AM
That's a pretty big reach for a player with such a low ceiling. If they really want him, it might be worth their while to trade back a few more slots so they can get some more value with the 16th pick.

why? Hansbrough's stock has been rising for the last weeks, especially after the pre draft combine. if Bulls don't pick him there, it's a good chance the Hawks or Jazz pick him right behind them. it's a #16 pick in a weak draft. it's not that they used a top 5 pick on him.

Stump
06-04-2009, 09:39 AM
why? Hansbrough's stock has been rising for the last weeks, especially after the pre draft combine. if Bulls don't pick him there, it's a good chance the Hawks or Jazz pick him right behind them. it's a #16 pick in a weak draft. it's not that they used a top 5 pick on him.
Not too long ago he was considered likely to slip into the second round, and yet now he's just outside the lottery?

mountainballer
06-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Not too long ago he was considered likely to slip into the second round, and yet now he's just outside the lottery?

if you follow the workouts a bit, you know why. he was always considered as undersized, but measured decent for a PF, exactly the same numbers like Blake Griffin.
and he was labeled as not athletic, but his tests were quite good. and I guess there is no doubt that this guy is a winner and that he can score. what more reasons do you need.

bigdog
06-04-2009, 11:37 AM

Awesome. They can pair him up with their other stiff, Aaron Gray.

Stump
06-04-2009, 12:04 PM
if you follow the workouts a bit, you know why. he was always considered as undersized, but measured decent for a PF, exactly the same numbers like Blake Griffin.
and he was labeled as not athletic, but his tests were quite good. and I guess there is no doubt that this guy is a winner and that he can score. what more reasons do you need.
That's true. I think this draft class is being somewhat underrated overall this year, but it's undeniable that there is a serious shortage of good big men. If Chicago is primarly looking for a PF or C, I guess Hansbrough is suitable.

urunobili
06-11-2009, 10:35 AM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/06/10/bobcats.hansbrough.workout.ap/index.html

HARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- If there was ever a player who could skip an audition in front of a bunch of North Carolina alums, it's Tyler Hansbrough.

Pass a television set in these parts in the past four years and you probably saw Hansbrough -- at the foul line. Sporting that signature glare and relentless work ethic, he helped the Tar Heels reach two Final Fours and win a national title, while setting the Atlantic Coast Conference career scoring record.

But there was Hansbrough on Wednesday, being led through drills in a pre-draft workout by Charlotte Bobcats coach Larry Brown and assistant Phil Ford, whose career scoring record Hansbrough broke last season at North Carolina.

It's no surprise Brown, North Carolina class of 1963, wasn't about to join the group of critics questioning how the 6-foot-8 Hansbrough will fare in the NBA.

"You know big guys in our league don't like to block out. They don't run on every play. They don't rebound every ball," Brown said. "So if you have the mentality to do those things you have a chance.

"And he's a much better athlete than most people think."

Hansbrough's motor was at full speed in the portion of the workout reporters were allowed to watch. He went first in drills, sprinted up the court and showed a decent touch with his mid-range shot.

Likely no player in this draft has had his weaknesses dissected more. Perhaps that comes from playing 141 college games, the majority of them on national TV, for one of the nation's elite programs.

There's talk that Hansbrough, who set an NCAA career record with 982 made free throws, isn't athletic enough to use that style of play in the NBA. There are questions about his quickness, athleticism and shooting range.

No one criticizes his effort. But to Hansbrough, projected to go somewhere in the latter half of the first round in the June 25 draft, that's become a backhanded compliment.

"There's a lot more to me than just someone that works hard," Hansbrough said. "I can do a lot of different things. I think my skills get overlooked because people judge me as a hard worker. But I've proven myself and expanded my game a lot."

It's unlikely the Bobcats, who hold the 12th pick, would select Hansbrough that high. But Charlotte, managed by the most famous ex-Tar Heel, Michael Jordan, is an organization stocked with baby blue products.

"He's going to get better. I don't think he's even gotten close to where he could be. And we all know he'll work," Brown said. "We need athleticism and we need size. I'm sure we'll look at him very carefully."

Brown believes too much is made of Hansbrough's weaknesses, claiming similar shortcomings among players who didn't stay in school four years are overlooked.

Brown compared Hansbrough to Ben Wallace, a similarly undersized forward whom Brown coached in Detroit. Wallace just finished his 13th NBA season with Cleveland.

"Everybody said Ben was undersized, he couldn't shoot the ball, he couldn't handle the ball," Brown said. "He's had a phenomenal career. There are a lot of players like that."

Chatter around the league indicates Hansbrough's stock has risen. He's also worked out for Detroit (15th pick), Chicago (16th) and New Orleans (21st) and has workouts planned with Indiana (13th), Utah (20th) and Portland (24th).

So after countless games on college's biggest stage, Hansbrough is ready to make the jump -- and prove his critics wrong.

"I'm not worried about it," Hansbrough said, "because when people get me in the gym they're kind of surprised."

duncan228
06-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Hansbrough ready for wait to end (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txdrafthansbrough&prov=st&type=lgns)
By Doug Alden

Tyler Hansbrough has heard the speculation about where he’ll go in the NBA draft.

He’s a little curious, himself.

Hansbrough is making a pre-draft tour, working out for NBA teams and trying to validate a resume that includes college player of the year in 2008 and a national championship this season.

“It’s a lot of speculation right now,” Hansbrough said Monday after working out for the Utah Jazz. “You really don’t know who to believe. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens.”

Fortunately for Hansbrough, the waiting is almost over. Less than two weeks remain before the draft June 25, when Hansbrough will learn which draft prediction was right.

Although he set the Atlantic Coast Conference career scoring record in four years at North Carolina, he has been projected to go anywhere in the first round - from early to late - or possibly even in the second round.

“It’s tough, but you have to understand that’s the way it is,” Hansbrough said. “I’ll continue to work out for teams and see what happens. I’m more athletic than a lot of people think I am. A lot of people see me as just a hard worker, but I do a little more than work hard.”

The Jazz liked what they saw from Hansbrough, but have no idea whether he will still be available when they come up in the first round with the 20th overall pick.

Coach Jerry Sloan loves players who work hard and was impressed by Hansbrough, who worked out with a group that included Arizona State forward Jeff Pendergraph and Taj Gibson of Southern California.

“They knocked and banged around,” said Sloan, who is still recovering from having his right knee replaced a few days after the season ended.

Sloan, who normally spends this time working on his farm in southern Illinois, said he’s been stuck at home for the past week and was happy to finally get out and back to work.

He said blood clots after the operation April 30 set back his recovery, but he should be ready to go for his 22nd season with the Jazz.

“It’s been tough but that’s what I expected,” Sloan said. “I’m a lot better than I was and I’m pretty happy about that, but I’m disappointed from the standpoint that I’m a couple weeks behind.”

Sloan was clearly happy to be back at the gym, getting a look at who could be in his next rookie class. He’s also still waiting to hear which veterans are coming back as forward Carlos Boozer, center Mehmet Okur and forward Kyle Korver decide whether to opt out of the final year of their contracts.

The Jazz aren’t likely to know before the draft.

If Hansbrough is still available, his reputation for a staunch work ethic could make him an early favorite with Sloan.

“Guys that are willing to work always get better. That’s a huge thing in this business,” Sloan said. “That’s what you look for because it gives your team a chance to be competitive. Guys that really want to play and want to make themselves better can do that through hard work.”

DMX7
06-15-2009, 09:07 PM
In your fucking dreams people who think he's going to be around in the 2nd round.

DPG21920
06-15-2009, 11:55 PM
In your fucking dreams people who think he's going to be around in the 2nd round.

I will be sure to bump this when he is.

kromediablo
06-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Tyler has najera, madsen and kurt rambis written all over him!

NewcastleKEG
04-25-2011, 03:57 AM
No, no, and NO.
:toast