Marcus Bryant
04-29-2009, 04:02 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_emanuel_ginobili.jpg

Manu Ginobili | SG
Born: Jul 28, 1977
Height: 6-6 / 1,98
Weight: 205 lbs. / 93,0 kg.
Years Pro: 6

info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/emanuel_ginobili/index.html?nav=page)

Kori Ellis
04-29-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm guessing Manu will get an offer of 2 years/$18-20M, unless there is an indicator his ankle problem won't get better.

Mal
04-29-2009, 04:39 PM
No Olympics, no world championships.

Manu with healty ankles in contract year, after such upset this year. I`m very optimistic about it.

xtremesteven33
04-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Manu.

FTW.

timvp
04-29-2009, 04:45 PM
If I'm the Spurs, I don't offer him an extension. I let the 2009-10 season play and to make sure he's going to remain healthy. There's a chance his body breaks down and if that happens, the Spurs need that 2010 flexibility to potentially add a star player.

That said, I think Manu should be fine. He didn't have much statistical drop off this season even though he was never 100%. The Spurs should be able to limit his minutes and hopefully make it so Manu peaks in the playoffs and earns a healthy extension.

baseline bum
04-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Let 09-10 play out. If Manu is healthy we offer him a new contract.

I do believe however Manu will let us sign our 2010 agents so we can use his bird rights to go over the cap.

Won't his 2009-10 salary count 150% against the 2010-11 cap until he is either re-signed or released?

Mal
04-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Spurs aren`t going over the cap

timvp
04-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Won't his 2009 salary count 150% against the cap until he is either re-signed or released?

Correct. The Spurs would either have to re-sign him or renounce him to get that room.

Rynospursfan
04-29-2009, 04:54 PM
If he doesn't look healthy next year the Spurs should seriously consider trading that expiring contract.

SA210
04-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Manu is the frickin' man. This man will come back next year with a vengeance. And he needs to be a starter. Your best players start.

Mel_13
04-29-2009, 06:58 PM
If I'm the Spurs, I don't offer him an extension. I let the 2009-10 season play and to make sure he's going to remain healthy. There's a chance his body breaks down and if that happens, the Spurs need that 2010 flexibility to potentially add a star player.

Agreed. No reason to commit beyond the end of his contract until his health can be evaluated (and he retires from the NT). To go a step further, if he does break down, then the Spurs will have to consider what his 10.7M expiring contract could bring at the trade deadline compared to what they might get with cap space.

Here's to two healthy wheels for Manu

Spursmania
04-29-2009, 06:59 PM
I definitely think we should let the 2009-10 season play out to ensure he's healthy and then resign him. I do believe he will be 100% healthy this coming season and Pop will limit his minutes accordingly. Manu will prove to naysayers that he is committed to the Spurs and still has what it takes to help the Spurs win another Championship. I don't think Manu is the type of player that is easily replaceable with all the intangibles he brings with him.

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2009, 08:08 PM
A lot of teams are going to be calling for Manu trades IMO..teams know the Spurs need some trades, and Manu is a 10 million $ expiring contract..I doubt we'll see him get traded, but there will be teams offering..

EricB
04-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Manu is the frickin' man. This man will come back next year with a vengeance. And he needs to be a starter. Your best players start.

You don't understand the whole "limit his minutes" thing do ya...

Manufan909
04-29-2009, 08:43 PM

He can play limited minutes as a starter, don't be a close-minded asshole all the time tpark.

Spursmania
04-29-2009, 08:47 PM
A lot of teams are going to be calling for Manu trades IMO..teams know the Spurs need some trades, and Manu is a 10 million $ expiring contract..I doubt we'll see him get traded, but there will be teams offering..

D'Antoni may be calling for Ginobili. Ginobili is one of his favorite players.

mytespurs
04-29-2009, 08:54 PM
I definitely think we should let the 2009-10 season play out to ensure he's healthy and then resign him. I do believe he will be 100% healthy this coming season and Pop will limit his minutes accordingly. Manu will prove to naysayers that he is committed to the Spurs and still has what it takes to help the Spurs win another Championship. I don't think Manu is the type of player that is easily replaceable with all the intangibles he brings with him.

Well said! I agree w/your assessment about Manu. I have a feeling he's going to come back healthy and hungrier than ever. I imagine it must have killed him to watch this team bow out so early in the playoffs & he wasn't able to assist them.

Ditty
04-29-2009, 09:29 PM
i see manu taking a pay cut seriously

as crazy as it sounds i believe he might owe it to the fans for his dumbness of playing last season

and try to improve the franchise for the future

SA210
04-29-2009, 09:30 PM

I certainly do. He still needs to start and end games.

SA210
04-29-2009, 09:31 PM
He can play limited minutes as a starter, don't be a close-minded asshole all the time tpark.

:tu

04-29-2009, 09:39 PM
i will be willing to see ginobili go if the right offer comes along. i doubt the spurs can get anyone better in return though. only a handful of shooting guards are as good or better than ginobili.

DAF86
04-29-2009, 09:59 PM

That said, I think Manu should be fine. He didn't have much statistical drop off this season even though he was never 100%. The Spurs should be able to limit his minutes and hopefully make it so Manu peaks in the playoffs and earns a healthy extension.

Agreed again.

DAF86
04-29-2009, 10:00 PM

Also agreed.

EricB
04-30-2009, 07:43 PM

Yeah because being a starter is ohhhhh so fucking important.

EricB
04-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Well I guess I should bring up a little piece of information I found out before the playoffs started: Had the Spurs made it past the second round Manu would have played in the WCF and NBA finals.

Damn, that might've been the thing to get em past LA too.

Oh well.

That means if he chills this summer he should be MORE than ready to be good for training camp.

Lebowski Brickowski
04-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Manu is not going to play summer league :lol

Buddy Holly
05-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Yeah because being a starter is ohhhhh so fucking important.

That wasn't the point of that guys post. Dude, seriously, you always do that. :lmao

Manufan909
05-04-2009, 02:34 AM
That wasn't the point of that guys post. Dude, seriously, you always do that. :lmao

Thanks, dude. I thought the "close-minded" insult might have tipped him off, but guess not.

And to phila, any way you could share your source? Or is it a secret source?:rollin

StoneBuddha
05-04-2009, 11:58 AM
I'd actually be interested in seeing if he opts to play summer league ball for the Spurs. I am only talking 10 to 15 minutes of low pressure playing time against decent players.

Something for Manu to test his ankle, and see how he is doing in terms of getting into shape. Amare did that the summer after he was out for a year.

I don't understand the point of him playing summer league. There're way better ways of testing his fitness/health than having him play against inferior talent that may be looking to make a name for themselves in the league. The risk / reward seems skewed for this.

manufan10
05-04-2009, 02:17 PM
I'd actually be interested in seeing if he opts to play summer league ball for the Spurs. I am only talking 10 to 15 minutes of low pressure playing time against decent players.

Something for Manu to test his ankle, and see how he is doing in terms of getting into shape. Amare did that the summer after he was out for a year.

I remember that with Amare. I think that might be a good idea to get him in better game play shape. He doesn't have to do anything to serious, just come in and get a few minutes.

manufan10
05-04-2009, 02:18 PM
And to phila, any way you could share your source? Or is it a secret source?:rollin

Hopefully he can fill us in with a real source. :toast

Kori Ellis
05-04-2009, 02:24 PM
I'll vouch for Phila that he has a couple real legit sources close to the Spurs. I know who they are, but he's not going to say who they are publicly. If you reveal your sources, you won't have sources.

manufan10
05-04-2009, 02:26 PM
I'll vouch for Phila that he has a couple real legit sources close to the Spurs. I know who they are, but he's not going to say who they are publicly. If you reveal your sources, you won't have sources.

I'm just wondering if it was something that was verbal or written. I understand the whole source thing, just maybe some clarification on how he knows. :toast

TMTTRIO
05-07-2009, 08:41 AM
I think the Spurs are doing the right thing and not offering him a extension and seeing what he does if/when he comes back healthy next year. I'm hoping that with a summer off for him to rest/rehab his legs and this being a contract year, Manu comes out with a vengence and has a great year next season with the Spurs. After that I really don't care what he decides to do whether we keep him or if he decides to go somewhere else.

EVAY
06-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Why are folks so convinced that Manu is committed to staying a Spur? I think he is disgusted with his treatment here, frankly. I hear so many folks talking about how he "done the Spurs wrong" by playing for Argentina last summer, but Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard, and Lebron James all played for the U.S. and they are still in the NBA hunt ( or Anthony and James were until recently). Moreover, Pop treats Ginobili like a poor relation to Mike Finley, Timmy, and Tony. Finally, I think that Manu is simply less vocal in his feelings than some others. I think he will leave. I also think that Tony will leave as soon as Tim does. Folks around here seem to think we are doing these guys a favor by keeping them employed. I think they are very wrong.

ducks
06-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Manu is not going to play summer league :lol

yeah how dare he test it out and get in game shape

he is above that
NOT