College: North Carolina
Years Pro: 10

2008-09 Statistics
PPG 20,8 RPG 5,10 APG 4,7

http://www.nba.com/media/act_vince_carter.jpg

xtremesteven33
04-29-2009, 05:27 PM
:tu

Im for it if it means Manu coming off the bench and him playing limited minutes so he will be fresh for the playoffs

crc21209
04-29-2009, 06:06 PM
If we could get him for scraps....a combo of Finley, Udoka, Vaughn, Oberto, Bonner, picks...I'd be down with it. I wouldnt want to include Hill or Mason though...I think Hill is a big bright spot for this team for years to come...and Mason is a clutch shooter and if you throw him out there with the Big 3 HEALTHY..he will thrive.

rayray2k8
04-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Pass.
Im sure he'll go for the max.

holcs50
04-29-2009, 08:06 PM
IN for SURE. I wrote in another thread , and like someone said here, all were looking for is a Significant player who will really consistently play well and positively impact the team so we can get one more chip in the good years TD has left. After that, who cares, plus im not completely sure on vinces contract but i believe it ends somewhere around 2012 like TDs. That's about perfect. The guy is still a beast at the offensive end and all those droughts where we didn't have any help for tp would be gone. I would definitely put in mason, and you would have to, he's our best bargaining chip, and you know I do love hills prospects, but if we can get VC , you do it. It's been a long time since the spurs brought in a significant force (ginobili) and with the guys getting older we need a gamechanger. I think the nets would do it if we include a lot of those expiring contracts and mason, and they might want hill, not sure. But Id do it. 7 time all-star here guys.

EricB
04-29-2009, 08:11 PM
If you don't have to give up George Hill then pull the trigger.

HarlemHeat37
04-29-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't think we'd have to give up Hill anymore..Nets desperately need the salary dump for 2010..

Carter is one of the ideal fits for us, especially if we can get Boone with him..

EricB
04-29-2009, 08:17 PM
I think wanting Boone also would be asking for too much.

DAF86
04-29-2009, 11:58 PM
The only way this would make any sense for the Spurs is if they manage to put toghether a championship caliber team and Manu doesn't produce at the level he is expected. If this is the case then trade Manu plus other expiring contracts for VC, NJ would jump at that offer inmidietly, for the Spurs that would be a "do now and die later" kind of deal.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-30-2009, 03:18 AM
Either you trade Manu + other expirings for Carter or don't bother at all trying to fit in a fantasy 10 for 1 trade. IF we get Carter Manu will be gone anyway.

I'd much rather keep Manu beyond 2010 over this overrated choker.

Mark in Austin
05-02-2009, 08:51 PM
... player who will really consistently play well and positively impact the team

you're referring to Vince Carter here? The player who has admitted to quitting on his team in the past and refuses to drive to the basket anymore?

05-03-2009, 01:49 AM
ehh i'll pass on carter. he will be 33 by next year's playoffs. his salary will go up as his ability to play goes down. this would completely destroy the spurs' future and probably keep the championship window open for two years at best, leaving the last two years of duncan's contract to rot.

mattyc
05-03-2009, 02:37 AM
I'm not sold on Carter. Great player, but is he the best fit on the Spurs for the price? I don't know...

kace
05-03-2009, 05:32 AM
I'm not sold on Carter. Great player, but is he the best fit on the Spurs for the price? I don't know...

+ 1

at this price, you could have some very solid bigs who would help us more.

exstatic
05-03-2009, 01:16 PM
What you're buying here is VC's physical slide down into Michael Finley country. Look at his contract numbers and see if that's what you really want. This is almost exactly the age where Cuban opted to take Fin off Dallas's books by essentially paying him NOT to play for him any more.

Finley, part II. Book it.

cherylsteele
05-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Vince "I quit on my team" Carter
Please god no.

intlspurshk
05-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Too old for that sum of monies. RJ is better

baseline bum
05-03-2009, 03:34 PM
What you're buying here is VC's physical slide down into Michael Finley country. Look at his contract numbers and see if that's what you really want. This is almost exactly the age where Cuban opted to take Fin off Dallas's books by essentially paying him NOT to play for him any more.

Finley, part II. Book it.

Minus Finley's class, professionalism, and work ethic.

Mel_13
05-03-2009, 04:19 PM
To acquire VC, you must assume that Manu is traded or that the Spurs will exceed the lux tax by several million dollars. I don't the first is likely and the second is pure fantasy.

EricB
05-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Minus Finley's class, professionalism, and work ethic.

Don't forget being the superior teammate.

duncan228
06-19-2009, 10:51 AM
The Nets and Cleveland Cavaliers have discussed Vince Carter again, sources said. As financial losses mount for New Jersey’s ownership, it appears more likely that the Nets will try to move Carter and the two years and $33.6 million left on his deal. The Nets would have to take Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic in return. The Spurs haven’t given up their long-standing pursuit of Carter, but a deal with San Antonio has never gained traction...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129005

Bruno
06-19-2009, 11:35 AM
I rather have Richard Jefferson than Carter.

loveforthegame
06-19-2009, 11:44 AM
I rather have Richard Jefferson than Carter.

Me too. He seems like a better fit than Carter would be. But I doubt either end up with the Spurs.

HarlemHeat37
06-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Jefferson is definitely the better fit for The Spurs, although he's a much worse player..

I'm a big VC fan, so hopefully he ends up in Cleveland..

Chieflion
06-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Carter is a better fit than Jefferson. He did well when Kidd is dominating the ball and when Harris is handling it.

Blackjack
06-20-2009, 02:35 AM
Carter is a better fit than Jefferson. He did well when Kidd is dominating the ball and when Harris is handling it.

I'd have to agree.

Carter's a better shooter, playmaker, and... Well, I can't think of much that he doesn't do better than Jefferson.

Maybe R.J.'s a better defender on a more consistent basis... He's definitely younger and probably attacks the rim with a little more ferocity, but it's also lead to him becoming pretty injury-prone.

I don't really see either landing on the Spurs, but if one did?

I'd hope it'd be Carter.

He's a better player for these "win now" Spurs and his contract is significantly more forgiving.

bigdog
06-20-2009, 07:37 AM
I'd rather have Jefferson than Carter, but that's just me. Don't ask me why, but for me, Jefferson seems like the better fit. With that being said, Carter is probably the better all-around player between the two, and is more clutch than Jefferson will ever be. I don't see either of them on the Spurs, unless they give up Ginobili.

Sdayi135
06-20-2009, 02:48 PM
I'd rather have Jefferson than Carter, but that's just me. Don't ask me why, but for me, Jefferson seems like the better fit. With that being said, Carter is probably the better all-around player between the two, and is more clutch than Jefferson will ever be. I don't see either of them on the Spurs, unless they give up Ginobili.

I wouldn't put Vince Carter and clutch in the same sentence.

Chieflion
06-20-2009, 09:48 PM
You obviously don't watch Carter a lot.

Sdayi135
06-20-2009, 11:23 PM
You obviously don't watch Carter a lot.

You mean the same Vince Carter that was called out by Charles Oakey during a playoff series in '01?

The same Vince Carter that quit on his teammates?

The same Vince Carter that was throwing up bricks for NJ in a playoff series vs CLE back in 07?

Hitting game winners and "big shots" during an 82-game regular season doesn't necessarily qualify you as clutch.

You want a definition of clutch....see Jackson, Stephen in 2003

tav1
06-21-2009, 12:44 AM

8 posts in and you're already calling doubt upon yourself. Carter is certified fresh clutch.

http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM

Sdayi135
06-21-2009, 12:51 AM
stats shmats...big whoop.

If you want to use this stats, then I guess these guys are more "clutch" than VC:

Dirk
Carmelo Anthony
Randolph
Roy
Nate Robinson
Jason Terry
Jameer Nelson

And VC is more "clutch" than these guys:

Ginobili
Rashard Lewis
Chauncey Billups
Tim Duncan
Ray Allen
Hedo Turkoglu

All these "stats" show that he was being "clutch" during the regular season for a team that won 34 games. Nothing more, nothing less.

I never said he couldn't play. He's been only "clutch" during the regular season, which isn't saying a whole lot given the contract he has.