PDA

View Full Version : I am proud of my boys in silver and black!!!

hater
04-29-2009, 04:56 PM
they fought till the end. Duncan, OMG what a warrior. No words can describe what he did out there in the 4th quarter. it was just not meant to be.

post here if you are proud of their effort and poise.

Dex
04-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Silver and Black 'til the day I die.

NRHector
04-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Hell yeah I'm proud of those boys, they fought to the end and also I did not go to the game but I noticed that the fans at the ATT gave standing ovation to the spurs, that was great:toast to the San Antonio Spurs

biziofromdowntown
04-29-2009, 05:01 PM
We were born with an heart of steel

hater
04-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Hell yeah I'm proud of those boys, they fought to the end and also I did not go to the game but I noticed that the fans at the ATT gave standing ovation to the spurs, that was great:toast to the San Antonio Spurs

that's how you show class. Rest of the league, take notes.

Yuixafun
04-29-2009, 05:07 PM
there are times in life
when best efforts aren't enough
the spurs still played hard

I was frustrated that they couldn't get over the hump, working so much to score 2 and then giving up a 3 or a score late in the shot clock. But I can't fault their fighting spirit.

They were just over matched this year.

Duncan and the Alamo City will know glory once more before its all said and done. Get em boys..

nkdlunch
04-29-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't know any other team in any sport that would keep fighting and fighting eventhough it's clear it was not meant to be.

mothefucking soldiers, the Spurs

Spursmania
04-29-2009, 05:10 PM

Yep, the fans applauded until the very end. Our boys did the best they could with what they had. The fans were very into the game, and tried their best to give the Spurs some energy, but it just wasn't meant to be. I'm proud of who they are as athletes and as people. They deserve another run at the trophy. Thanks guys!

:flag:

Bukefal
04-29-2009, 06:03 PM
:flag::flag::flag::flag: Go spurs!! True heroes! looking forward to next season :toast

spursfan09
04-29-2009, 06:10 PM
:tu

Yup and starting to appreciate Tim Duncan more and more. The greatest Spur that ever lived. Which is why I'm glad my boyfriend got season tickets to see him play at what I think is still a high level.

nkdlunch
04-29-2009, 06:23 PM
the Spurs taught me a lesson last night. when the going gets tough and there is no hope and it's clearly just not meant to be... go down fighting.

I will watch Duncan(and Manu hopefully) live before I die

duncan228
04-29-2009, 06:33 PM
...starting to appreciate Tim Duncan more and more.

Welcome to the club. :)

There's a lot to appreciate. There's some great stuff in the Duncan Mini Forum, everything from articles to youtubes of some of his highlights. I'm all about helping Duncan appreciation grow.

I will watch Duncan(and Manu hopefully) live before I die

I didn't think I'd ever see Duncan play in person, and it happened. I hope it happens for you too. :)

nkdlunch
04-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the club. :)

There's a lot to appreciate. There's some great stuff in the Duncan Mini Forum, everything from articles to youtubes of some of his highlights. I'm all about helping Duncan appreciation grow.

I didn't think I'd ever see Duncan play in person, and it happened. I hope it happens for you too. :)

duncan228 what were your thoughts when Duncan was nailing jumper after jumper in the 4th quarter???

I was like, this guy is a living legend!!! he is leaving it all out there

Yuixafun
04-29-2009, 06:40 PM
It reminded me of a Champion who had been knocked out on his feet but was still throwing punches out of muscle memory, instinct and sheer spirit, and still landing bombs.

Those jumpers didn't even hit rim, each bank was textbook, the positioning and post moves were liquid.

duncan228
04-29-2009, 06:45 PM
duncan228 what were your thoughts when Duncan was nailing jumper after jumper in the 4th quarter???

I was like, this guy is a living legend!!! he is leaving it all out there

He still amazes me, even when I expect it. As a fan, all I ever ask for is that he leave it all on the court. He's never disappointed me.

Last night was another example of the kind of player he is. It doesn't matter if there was actually a chance of winning the game, the series. You play like there is. And he did. And he always will.

I try to never take him for granted, especially now. All too soon it's his jersey that will rise to the rafters instead of another banner he's brought home. I appreciate every second of him on the court, and last night he reminded me why.

Spursmania
04-29-2009, 07:25 PM
It reminded me of a Champion who had been knocked out on his feet but was still throwing punches out of muscle memory, instinct and sheer spirit, and still landing bombs.

Those jumpers didn't even hit rim, each bank was textbook, the positioning and post moves were liquid.

Damn, last night at the game, I nearly bawled my eyes out watching this legend go down with such dignity and fight. You're so right, it's like his muscle memory just took over reminding us all, that it's not over. Duncan has one more LOB in his sight, and it will be legendary when he does it again.:toast

dav4463
04-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Tim Duncan is the greatest ever. I never thought I would say that about any Spur because I grew up during the Iceman days. Then, David Robinson came along and Gervin was still #1 for me, but Robinson was #1A.

Now it is Duncan #1, Gervin #2, Robinson #2A and this is how it has been for the last decade!

Avitus1
04-29-2009, 08:23 PM
I bleed silver and black. I'm proud of the team... we will get em next year.

spurs1990
04-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Seriously though, if you can go from winning 3 titles in 5 seasons to getting summarily ousted in 5 games by a lower seed, and not being even a little bothered with that, then there is one word to describe such a person - DELUDED.

Stop living in a bubble.

cheguevara
04-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Seriously though, if you can go from winning 3 titles in 5 seasons to getting summarily ousted in 5 games by a lower seed, and not being even a little bothered with that, then there is one word to describe such a person - DELUDED.

Stop living in a bubble.

Ginobili sends his regards

Morg1411
04-30-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm proud as hell. It was just like the Wild Bunch. (William Holden's death and all.)

Flux451
04-30-2009, 10:58 AM

Stop living in a bubble.

I am little bothered that you didn't read Haters last sentence.

WildcardManu
04-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Silver & Black for life.

Agloco
04-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Hard.....just Hard.