PDA

View Full Version : Energetic and Emotional player needed?

xellos88330
04-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Just my own opinion, but I think the Spurs could use a player that will chest bump and add a little bit more flavor to the game. The Spurs seemed to get rattled every time the Mavs danced and acted like they won the game after every time out.

Don't get me wrong, I like the "ice veins" psychology, but against a colorful team it doesnt seem to really do anything. I think it would put more energy into the ATT Center and the team really could have used it in game 5.

My basis of this opinion is the slam that Hill threw down. It sent energy throughout the arena and the Spurs. If he would have screamed or something, and the arena responds I honestly think the Mavs would have cracked.

Bottom Line: Spurs need another colorful character (other than Manu) to be an emotional leader. (Think Mario Elie.)

ElNono
04-29-2009, 08:15 PM
You automatically get high-flying basketball when you get younger.
Then again, you need a solid surrounding cast, otherwise no amount of dunks or energy will get you over a better team over the course of 7 games (unless you're the Warriors and the other team is the Mavericks)

xellos88330
04-29-2009, 08:33 PM
You automatically get high-flying basketball when you get younger.
Then again, you need a solid surrounding cast, otherwise no amount of dunks or energy will get you over a better team over the course of 7 games (unless you're the Warriors and the other team is the Mavericks)

:wow :lmao

onarollbaby
04-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Yes we need this type of players. But Pop likes em old, and slow.:lol

spurtech09
04-29-2009, 09:05 PM
yeah somebody that plays with a mean toughness....like to take it to the hoop and take shots

SenorSpur
04-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Veterans usually do not provide such energy and enthusiasm. It would likely take a new young stud to provide such a jolt.

afireinside20
04-29-2009, 11:32 PM
We need a player like Rasheed who still at his age gets pumped up. But really we need those young athletic dunking type players, they'll bring lots of energy.