PDA

View Full Version : My ideal Spurs offseason *cough*pipe dream*cough*

2pac
04-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Spurs trade with Clippers:

Spurs Trade:
Ginobili (10.75mm ending)
Bowen (4mm ending, can be cut to save 2mm)
Oberto (3.5mm ending)
Bonner (3.25mm ending)
2 draft picks
3mm cash
----------------------------
Total: 20.75, of which 18.75 has to be paid, 2mm of which can be saved.

Clippers trade:
Camby: 7.65mm ending
Kaman: 10.4mm, 11.3, 12.2
Eric Gordon: 2.89, two years of team options
Al Thorton: 1.9, one year of team option
Dre Jordan: .8
--------------------------------
23.64 total

Why the Clippers do it:
The Clippers cut Bowen, saving them 2mm.

The difference between what they had to pay the outgoing players and the incoming players is now 4.89mm. Add the 3mm that the Spurs can give them to do the trade, and they just saved nearly 8mm this year.

They save 17.9mm next year (assuming they exercised the options on the contracts, which they would have) and 16mm the following year.

This trade saves the Clippers 42mm over 3 years.

The Clippers would only have 39mm on the books for the summer of 2010, meaning they have cap space for a free agent.

Donald Sterling is a tightwad, so they take a trade that makes no sense. Just like Memphis did when they traded Pau Gasol for 2 boxes of used panties.

Why the Spurs do it:
Because they suck now. They need youth, athleticism, wings and post players.

Kaman/Camby/Jordan
Duncan/Kurt Thomas/Mahinmi
Thornton/
Gordon/Roger Mason
Parker/George Hill

You probably get Bowen for the vet min back after Sterling cuts him.
Pick up some player that could sit at the end of the bench and play wing for a low amount (Kareem Rush?)

Now then, time to wake up. :sleep

Creation88
04-29-2009, 08:35 PM
your dream is to be the Clippers? wow.

onarollbaby
04-29-2009, 08:44 PM
great... er.. The Clippers?

Daddy
04-29-2009, 08:52 PM
D. Jordan would be sweet

EricB
04-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Why in god's name would the Clippers do that?

2pac
04-29-2009, 08:55 PM

$42mm..
And he is Donald Sterling.

Heck, I am feeling generous, throw in Mahinmi and Splitter's rights. :downspin:

spurtech09
04-29-2009, 08:56 PM
no way....clippers can have all those guys except manu

Twisted_Dawg
04-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Why would the Clips want a gimp in Ginobili?????

holcs50
04-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Actually thornton and gordon would make us a LOT better, clips wouldn't do that. Thornton is very good and underrated. My dream/this one could be possible/but still a dream would be

-Trade Mason, Bonner, KT or Bowen to the Nets for VC *I would throw in hill to get it done though i wouldn't want to,
-Acquire Sheed or dice with the LLE
-Acquire T.Ariza with MLE

*Sheed, Mahinmi
*Duncan, low salary pickup /draft/or kt if don't use in trade
*Ariza, Bowen
*VC, Ginobili,Finley
*Parker, Hill

Now this is definitely a bit of a stretch because i doubt lakes let ariza get away, and Nets prob can find a better offer though they want salaries off books by 2010 and spurs can give them that. Sheed is feasible because he knows he's old and if he wants another shot he will take a lower amount of cash.

I think with that lineup we can win next year....no doubt. Get more athletic, longer, more scorers-just all around upgrades.

DAF86
04-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Actually thornton and gordon would make us a LOT better, clips wouldn't do that. Thornton is very good and underrated

IMO Thorton is overrated, he's the typicall ballhog that isn't very efficient, he averages 16.8 pts in 14.8 fg attemps, not good at all. Gordon does look promising though.

AussieFanKurt
04-29-2009, 10:10 PM
nothing close to this will happen

04-29-2009, 10:10 PM
since i live in LA, i'm obligated to be a supporter of one of the LA teams. FTL so that makes me a clippers supporter by default. i can tell you they are not in rebuilding mode. this season was supposed to be their reconstruction. getting davis and later trading expiring contracts in 2010 for zach randolph was a gamble that did not pay off. they may want to dump kaman or randolph but no way they will trade away thorton and gordon. those two will be the clippers' future.

clippers will most likely hang onto camby for cap relief. spurs can get kaman but would they really want to? he has been largely underwhelming in his time in the NBA. i think he's just unmotivated and would be a great addition if the spurs don't give up any key pieces. maybe dangle mahinmi in front of them.

rayray2k8
04-29-2009, 10:11 PM
$42mm..
And he is Donald Sterling.

Heck, I am feeling generous, throw in Mahinmi and Splitter's rights. :downspin:

Don't ever post again.
:wakeup

Taking it to the Hole
04-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Sterling would have to be smoking some weed to make that deal.:hat

whottt
04-30-2009, 12:52 AM
My ideal offseason goes something like this:

Steve Kerr becomes the GM of the Lakers
Michael Finley signs with the Cavs

Thomas and Bonner sign with any other teams that might stand in our way :tu

Sean Cagney
04-30-2009, 01:20 AM
My ideal offseason goes something like this:

Steve Kerr becomes the GM of the Lakers
Michael Finley signs with the Cavs

Thomas and Bonner sign with any other teams that might stand in our way :tu

LOL you can count on Bonner going 0 fer in playoff games, I would love that idiot to shoot against us!!!!!! I WOULD LOVE IT.

Spursfan092120
04-30-2009, 01:29 AM
We're still forgetting something...it's the freaking Clippers. Why would we want to be the Clippers?

Dunc n Dave
04-30-2009, 03:19 AM
As another poster stated, no way the Clippers let Thornton or Gordon go. Gordon nearly beat out Rose for Rookie of the Year, he is their future star.

Kaman is possible, but he's overpaid. Camby would be a good addition if we don't have to give up Hill to get him. I'd part with Roger Mason at this point for him. His Playoff performance was very "Hedo-esque."

onarollbaby
04-30-2009, 03:32 AM
If that happens, I hope these players don't bring along the Losers mentality of the Clippers

Rogue
04-30-2009, 04:11 AM
Spurs trade with Clippers:

Spurs Trade:
Ginobili (10.75mm ending)
Bowen (4mm ending, can be cut to save 2mm)
Oberto (3.5mm ending)
Bonner (3.25mm ending)
2 draft picks
3mm cash
----------------------------
Total: 20.75, of which 18.75 has to be paid, 2mm of which can be saved.

Clippers trade:
Camby: 7.65mm ending
Kaman: 10.4mm, 11.3, 12.2
Eric Gordon: 2.89, two years of team options
Al Thorton: 1.9, one year of team option
Dre Jordan: .8
--------------------------------
23.64 total

Why the Clippers do it:
The Clippers cut Bowen, saving them 2mm.

The difference between what they had to pay the outgoing players and the incoming players is now 4.89mm. Add the 3mm that the Spurs can give them to do the trade, and they just saved nearly 8mm this year.

They save 17.9mm next year (assuming they exercised the options on the contracts, which they would have) and 16mm the following year.

This trade saves the Clippers 42mm over 3 years.

The Clippers would only have 39mm on the books for the summer of 2010, meaning they have cap space for a free agent.

Donald Sterling is a tightwad, so they take a trade that makes no sense. Just like Memphis did when they traded Pau Gasol for 2 boxes of used panties.

Why the Spurs do it:
Because they suck now. They need youth, athleticism, wings and post players.

Kaman/Camby/Jordan
Duncan/Kurt Thomas/Mahinmi
Thornton/
Gordon/Roger Mason
Parker/George Hill

You probably get Bowen for the vet min back after Sterling cuts him.
Pick up some player that could sit at the end of the bench and play wing for a low amount (Kareem Rush?)

Now then, time to wake up. :sleep
This proposal would be very feasible if Thornton was excluded, as there is barely any reason for the Clippers to give up Thornton. Spurs package contains plentiful and various nutritions but just doesn't include young talents which are the first elements wanted by a rebuilding team.

InK
04-30-2009, 04:43 AM
your dream is to be the Clippers? wow.

:lol:lol

Yorae
04-30-2009, 04:52 AM
he wants to be a gangsta....

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-30-2009, 09:37 AM
MANU> Gordon

sananspursfan21
04-30-2009, 10:15 AM

for real, why would the clips do that? i wouldn't... the clippers would get the shaft on that deal no doubt man, you should have thought that one over

ElNono
04-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Since we're already in ridiculous trades territory:

Bonner and Kurt Thomas for Camby and Kaman.

Get it done Pop!

sexinthatsx
04-30-2009, 03:13 PM
As another poster stated, no way the Clippers let Thornton or Gordon go. Gordon nearly beat out Rose for Rookie of the Year, he is their future star.

Kaman is possible, but he's overpaid. Camby would be a good addition if we don't have to give up Hill to get him. I'd part with Roger Mason at this point for him. His Playoff performance was very "Hedo-esque."

You seem to be forgetting the reason that Gordon is playing so well is because the Clippers have an injury riddled team. The reason Gordon was able to become a starter in his rookie year was because of Ricky Davis' injury. Hell, if Pop decided to play George Hill as a starter with the same amount of minutes gordon has, I'm sure George Hill will be able to produce as well. But even attempting to explain this, there is no possible way that the clippers will let go eric gordon, he's their next cuttino mobley; almost like the same exact player but stronger. I think who the spurs should REALLY set their eyes on is Steve Novak, he's the true shooter stud the spurs need.

sexinthatsx
04-30-2009, 03:19 PM
IMO Thorton is overrated, he's the typicall ballhog that isn't very efficient, he averages 16.8 pts in 14.8 fg attemps, not good at all. Gordon does look promising though.

Thornton is not overrated, this guy is actually underrated and a very prolific scorer. The reason he's averaging 16.8 points in 14.8 fg attempts was because of the injuries that occured this whole season. At one point, with zach randolph, baron davis, kaman, and camby out, the two best scorers were gordon and thornton, which the clippers turned to thornton as the go-to guy. So even though those statistics are his average, there's a reason behind it. On top of that, thornton can create his own shot - something that the spurs desperately needed this post-season because bonner, bowen, udoka, all those guys can't. I would LOVE to have thornton on the spurs to give us that extra offensive kick.