PDA

View Full Version : Radio Shack Employee Punches Customer

Strike
04-29-2009, 08:44 PM
I worked at Radio Shack years ago so this caught my attention...

EAU CLAIRE, Wis. — A Radio Shack employee faces disorderly conduct and battery charges for punching a customer. Police said the customer was trying to return an item Sunday, but the employee wouldn't let him. The customer then asked to talk to a manager.

That's when the 52-year-old male employee began punching the man. A bystander called 911.

The employee is due in court May 19.

Dex
04-29-2009, 08:47 PM
:lmao

When I worked retail, there were a few people I would've loved to punch in the face.

Then that little thing called common sense intervened.

Spur-Addict
04-29-2009, 08:57 PM
I thought it was going to be some disgruntled thirty year old. But a 51 year old man? Wow.

Strike
04-29-2009, 08:58 PM
:lmao

When I worked retail, there were a few people I would've loved to punch in the face.

Then that little thing called common sense intervened.

I almost did get in a fight with some jackhole in my Radio Shack days. He got butthurt because I wouldn't spend the day programming codes into his police scanner that he bought from another store!!! He called me something, I forget what it was. I told him to get the fuck out of my store. We exchanged "FUCK YOU"s, he asked me if I wanted to step outside, I obliged and began to walk toward him, he turned and booked.

:lmao Pussy.

Strike
04-29-2009, 09:00 PM
I thought it was going to be some disgruntled thirty year old. But a 51 year old man? Wow.

That was the best part! Some of the 50-something's I knew there were some of the biggest pricks in the region. I saw one dude berate a teenager for trying to return a TV antenna without a receipt.

Good times.

Avitus1
04-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Kick ass! That old man was mad as hell and wasn't going to take it anymore.

florige
04-29-2009, 10:10 PM
I COULD NOT work there anymore. I would be in court for either beating someones ass, or in the hospital after somebody whupped my ass because there is no way that I could stand those asshole customers talking to me any kind of way they want with the way my temper is now. I worked there a while after I graduated HS.

Hey Strike how many of those crappy TSP's did you ever talk some poor schmuck into buying? :lol

Frenzy
04-29-2009, 10:19 PM
You meet stupid people everyday working in retail.

Duff McCartney
04-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Amen. I hate working retail. I hope once I'm done with college I will never work retail ever again.

Strike
04-29-2009, 11:23 PM
I COULD NOT work there anymore. I would be in court for either beating someones ass, or in the hospital after somebody whupped my ass because there is no way that I could stand those asshole customers talking to me any kind of way they want with the way my temper is now. I worked there a while after I graduated HS.

First things first: go here: http://www.radioshacksucks.info/ Used to be an awesome message board that would have rivaled ST if not for a lawsuit by the company.

Hey Strike how many of those crappy TSP's did you ever talk some poor schmuck into buying? :lol

I almost never bothered to offer it unless I knew the customer was a complete moron.

When I was fired (long story resulting in the District Manager appealing my unemployment and me owning him in the appeal hearing), my Name & Address percentage was a lights out 9%. Company minimum was 90%. Even better was the fact that the district manager threatened to sue me after I called him a cock-smoking slapnut on the above website. I drew unemployment for close to two years on that shithole company.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-30-2009, 07:18 AM
sounds like y'all have a case of the mondays

SpursStalker
04-30-2009, 07:20 AM
sounds like y'all have a case of the mondays

:lol

florige
04-30-2009, 07:41 AM
I almost never bothered to offer it unless I knew the customer was a complete moron.

When I was fired (long story resulting in the District Manager appealing my unemployment and me owning him in the appeal hearing), my Name & Address percentage was a lights out 9%. Company minimum was 90%. Even better was the fact that the district manager threatened to sue me after I called him a cock-smoking slapnut on the above website. I drew unemployment for close to two years on that shithole company.

The N&A was a joke. I mean for batteries and crap?! People just wanted to get their stuff and get the hell out. They didn't feel like going through all that dumb crap. Most of the time I just used fake N&A's just to keep our asshole DM off my boss's ass who was actually really cool. After working at that sorry ass place AND how expensive those assholes are, I really can't see how they are still in business and Circuit City is not. I don't know if you around when they were pushing that Sprint long distance crap. But that was a pain in the ass too. If each store (here in Maryland anyway) didn't sell at least 4 a month the entire store had to go to this BS sales meeting way out in the boonies on a Sunday for sales training. It was such a great deal for the customer, there should had been no excuse why we couldn't just walk that long-distance service out the door with damn near every customer because they would be saving TONS of money on their long distance.:rolleyes I think I would work at McDonalds before I would ever consider going back to that shitball company.

Whisky Dog
04-30-2009, 07:55 AM
He should go work loss prevention for Wal-Mart like I did in college. They'll pay you to slam around and cuff people. Good times.

stretch
04-30-2009, 09:08 AM
:ttiwwp:

AlamoSpursFan
04-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Radio Shack: You've got questions, we've got knuckle-sandwiches.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Radio Shack: You've got questions, we've got knuckle-sandwiches.

I worked retail in high school and college. It was dreadful. If I was 52 and still working retail I'd be going postal, so I don't blame this guy. I'm sure the customer was an ass and the employee probably blew his common sense fuse and lost it.

It happens.

Strike
04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
The N&A was a joke. I mean for batteries and crap?! People just wanted to get their stuff and get the hell out. They didn't feel like going through all that dumb crap. Most of the time I just used fake N&A's just to keep our asshole DM off my boss's ass who was actually really cool. After working at that sorry ass place AND how expensive those assholes are, I really can't see how they are still in business and Circuit City is not. I don't know if you around when they were pushing that Sprint long distance crap. But that was a pain in the ass too. If each store (here in Maryland anyway) didn't sell at least 4 a month the entire store had to go to this BS sales meeting way out in the boonies on a Sunday for sales training. It was such a great deal for the customer, there should had been no excuse why we couldn't just walk that long-distance service out the door with damn near every customer because they would be saving TONS of money on their long distance.:rolleyes I think I would work at McDonalds before I would ever consider going back to that shitball company.

I was there for the Sprint LD. That shit drove me fuckin nuts. Out of 100 customers, I would offer it to 1. The best thing is that it was right about the time cell phones were going digital and part of the service on a dig. cell phone was FREE LONG DISTANCE!!

The sales meetings or the District meeting were fucking horrible. My first district meeting set the tone for my 2 years with Radio$hack. I had to take the bus for over 2 hours to get to the district office which was on the WAY north side of Portland at the time. (Lombard & Interstate for you Portlanders out there). I get there for the morning meeting and walk in. The DSM (a total douche-nozzle) walks up to me and tells me I am supposed to be in full dress code. I was wearing normal clothes. I told him I had no idea since it was my 2nd day on the job and no one had informed me. He literally wouldn't let me attend the meeting. I had to take the bus home (another 2+hours), change clothes and take the bus back (yes, another 2+hours) so I could attend the evening meeting. Sat in the meeting completely pissed off and rode the bus home afterwards. I spent close to 9 hours on the bus that day just to listen to some fuckmouth tell me how I would be making over $17 an hour (complete and total bullshit considering I worked a low volume store in the russian/mexi ghetto and didn't make commission) just by using the H.O.T process and asking every customer about LD and cell phones.

Radio$hack: You've got questions, we've got Spring Long Distance.