2011-12: $9,000,000 (player option)

ducks
04-30-2009, 09:53 AM
could he be agressive enough with duncan here
with suns he was great when amare was not playing

Danny.Zhu
04-30-2009, 10:01 AM
I think it's a good option.

He has high BB IQ and we need a SF after waiving Finley, Udoka and possibly Bowen. He is a little bit overpaid in my opinion, but that's not something we care for the moment.

I just don't think we have assets to trade for him from the kitty.

TDMVPDPOY
04-30-2009, 10:41 AM
are the bobcats cutting salary?

cause they are just 1 piece away from contending in the east for a playoff spot imo.....

they had a good turn around after gettin diaw and bell in trade this season....

Marcus Bryant
04-30-2009, 10:45 AM
I'd like him on the Spurs. Not sure that I like that salary though.

xtremesteven33
04-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Hes like a combination of Gooden and Oberto.

Brazil
04-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Hes like a combination of Gooden and Oberto.

I see what you mean but he is much better than that.

He would be a great addition: his team first spirit would be perfect for this spurs team. No ego issue. TP buddy.

Now I don't see the bobs let him go, they were close to go in the POs in the east, with some light adjustments they will be a PO team next year.

dougp
04-30-2009, 11:52 AM

Yah, $18mil over two years with the player option is a LOT of money for a player of his caliber.

benefactor
04-30-2009, 12:15 PM

HarlemHeat37
04-30-2009, 01:07 PM
I'd definitely consider Diaw..he's a guy Pop would love here..

he shot 42% from 3s with Charlotte, so he could obviously stretch the D out..he's able to play in the post, he's a good passer, he's mobile..

he would definitely be a guy to consider..

GOSPURS733
04-30-2009, 01:30 PM
and who the hell do we have that the bobcats would want??finley??bonner??:lol

sonic21
04-30-2009, 02:42 PM
He's not going anywhere.
Diaw is larry brown's favourite player, he agreed to help the french NT this summer because of diaw.

EricB
04-30-2009, 03:38 PM
He's not going anywhere.
Diaw is larry brown's favourite player, he agreed to help the french NT this summer because of diaw.

Yeah Diaw really improved the Bobcats and was alot of the reason they were really close to a playoff spot.

He would be a nice tweener to have but the contract is just too big.

Thanks Phoenix.

Manufan909
04-30-2009, 06:33 PM
I think it's a good option.

He has high BB IQ and we need a SF after waiving Finley, Udoka and possibly Bowen. He is a little bit overpaid in my opinion, but that's not something we care for the moment.

I just don't think we have assets to trade for him from the kitty.

Please tell me you actually have credible information, or were you just high? Cuz I see Fin retiring as the only way he doesn't play 20+ minutes next season. Anything more than 15 would be embarassing, especialy if Gist turns out to be a long 3 and Hairston also makes the team.

EricB
04-30-2009, 07:47 PM
:lmao @ Gist this gist that.

Danny.Zhu
05-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Please tell me you actually have credible information, or were you just high? Cuz I see Fin retiring as the only way he doesn't play 20+ minutes next season. Anything more than 15 would be embarassing, especialy if Gist turns out to be a long 3 and Hairston also makes the team.

I was high...
I hope he retires next season although I don't think he is one of the major reasons we got killed by Mavs.

objective
06-22-2011, 12:07 AM
Diaw picked up his option (http://twitter.com/#!/mikecranston1/status/83258603976396800) for next year . . .

Parker for Diaw + Augustin + 9?

Terrible, I know.

venitian navigator
06-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Whattabout RJ for Diaw ?

venitian navigator
06-22-2011, 05:49 AM
even better : RJ + Dice contract + Bonner for Diaw + Jackson + some (9 ?) draft choice

It works and could be beneficial for both teams...Charlotte spare a good amount of money with Dice contract, they get rid of Jackson taking someone younger for basically the same role (RJ) and that could work better than SJ in their system (Augustine is a runner, and RJ feels good in the up tempo style), they get rid of a PF that, after Brown, is no longer so appreciate and probably lower in their estimate value respect someone already in the roster (like T. Thomas) and substitute him with someone that gives them complementary qualities (outside shooting, that Bonner is the nba best at).

The good for us is, first of all, the draft choice we could receive, second that Diaw has high basketball IQ, is good at defense, is a good friend with Tony and they know each other game well, third that SJ alrady knows the system and has a contract shorter than RJ one.

ChuckD
06-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Whattabout RJ for Diaw ?

even better : RJ + Dice contract + Bonner for Diaw + Jackson + some (9 ?) draft choice

It works and could be beneficial for both teams...Charlotte spare a good amount of money with Dice contract, they get rid of Jackson taking someone younger for basically the same role (RJ) and that could work better than SJ in their system (Augustine is a runner, and RJ feels good in the up tempo style), they get rid of a PF that, after Brown, is no longer so appreciate and probably lower in their estimate value respect someone already in the roster (like T. Thomas) and substitute him with someone that gives them complementary qualities (outside shooting, that Bonner is the nba best at).

The good for us is, first of all, the draft choice we could receive, second that Diaw has high basketball IQ, is good at defense, is a good friend with Tony and they know each other game well, third that SJ alrady knows the system and has a contract shorter than RJ one.

I doubt either of these works for Charlotte. If they're really erasing the board and starting over, they won't be dealing shorter contracts for longer ones. They'll want to do the opposite.

ace3g
01-22-2012, 05:46 PM
He is on the trading block: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/rumors-scoop-du-jour/bobcats-put-boris-diaw-trading-block-111118479.html

Bruno
01-22-2012, 07:52 PM
I don't see what Spurs could trade for him. And no, the rebuilding Bobcats won't take RJ's contract.

The possible way to get Diaw is that if he reaches a buyout with Bobcats. Playing with Parker might be appealing for him.

jesterbobman
01-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Could come in a 3 team trade, if someone wants RJ's contract, but that's a situation like We COULD get Diaw IF Team X wants Jefferson AND We traded for Diaw. A lot of conditions, makes it basically certain that it won't happen.

ace3g
01-22-2012, 08:58 PM
I don't see what Spurs could trade for him. And no, the rebuilding Bobcats won't take RJ's contract.

The possible way to get Diaw is that if he reaches a buyout with Bobcats. Playing with Parker might be appealing for him.

Yeah the only warning I always hear about Diaw is that he is lazy with his conditioning; not sure how close Diaw and Parker are friends wise, but that was my rationale for this trade. He can do a lot of little things: pass, score, rebound, shoot 3s, etc.

Still don't see the Spurs making any trades, even though they should...

Bruno
01-22-2012, 11:53 PM
^ Diaw and Parker have been close friends for 15 years. Diaw was Parker's best man at his wedding.

But yeah, Diaw is fat and lazy but he would still help Spurs given how bad they are at PF with Blair and Bonner.

Bruno
02-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Bold prediction of the day: Diaw will be Spurs starting PF at the end of the season.

elemento
02-21-2012, 05:21 PM
And how we're gonna get him without using Dick Jefferson ?

MaNu4Tres
02-21-2012, 05:28 PM
I have a feeling Diaw will be bought out before this season is over.

If that feeling pans out, Spurs will be the favorites to sign him. IMO

8FOR!3
02-21-2012, 05:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=85e4yry

It'd require us to sign a guard/wing or two though as long as Ginobili/Ford are out.

If anything it makes us weak at the 2&3 position as far as DEPTH goes though. You'd have multiple guys playing big minutes and 2 positions off the bench. I doubt it'll work out, but I'd consider it if the offer was on the table. Gets rid of RJ's contract.

But shit I didn't even think about Diaw being an expiring, Charlotte doesn't do this. They really don't even need an SF.

Bruno
02-21-2012, 05:36 PM
And how we're gonna get him without using Dick Jefferson ?

It won't be through a trade. He will be waived/bought out and then sign as a FA for Spurs.

TD 21
02-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Given how dire their situation is, they definitely should have interest if he is bought out post deadline, because at the very least, he'd give them another NBA caliber option. I know he's lazy to begin with, so he obviously mentally checked out long ago playing for a team that's more D-League than NBA caliber. And because he's Parker's best friend, the Spurs are an elite team and he's in a contract year and playing for potentially his final lucrative contract, I wouldn't be concerned about whether he'd play like he cared if they signed him. But at the same time, I question how much he'd actually help. He's in terrible shape and even when motivated, isn't the type of big they need. He'd only make them softer.

That's why despite being less talented, I think Turiaf would be a better fit. They're both atrocious rebounders (Turiaf is better though), but at least he can block shots and defend. He's also got a solid mid range jumper, legitimately cares and isn't soft.

Darkwaters
02-21-2012, 05:48 PM
You still think he'll be bought out, Bruno?

MaNu4Tres
02-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Thinking hypothetically, hopefully playing with Parker and for a championship will give him extra motivation to go on a strict diet the moment he steps in San Antonio. Losing 15 pounds by the time playoffs roll around is a realistic possibility.

I don't think people give him credit for the type of defender he is. He's a quality defender and was a damn good one before he went on the Whatablairger diet.

Spursfanfromafar
02-22-2012, 04:34 AM
May your prediction be true, Bruno. Although he has been fat, inconsistent and very below par this season, he would definitely be an upgrade over Blair as the starting PF alongside Duncan, atleast talent-wise. Hopefully his general sucking at Charlotte is just a function of his mentally checking out from an abysmal squad.

Spursfanfromafar
02-22-2012, 05:43 AM
I don't know how many of you read John Hollinger's player profiles for each team. But his entry for Boris Diaw was among the most funniest -

Projection: 12.9 pts, 5.8 reb, 4.6 ast per 40 min; 12.89 PER | Player card

• Ballhandling combo forward held back by increasingly poor conditioning.
• Sees floor well but often eschews easy shots to make pass. Midrange shooter.
• Good defensive player. Strong and moves feet well. Subpar rebounder.

Whoever wrote that French people don't get fat clearly never went to a Bobcats game. Although Diaw's conditioning has had surprisingly little effect on his game, he's clearly been living large of late. It hasn't affected his hunger for passing, however, as he led all power forwards in Pure Point Rating and assist ratio.

Diaw eats up small defenders on the left block, where he has a nice right-handed jump hook shot, but the hard part is persuading him to shoot. He averaged just 13.3 points per 40 minutes, even though he's become a decent mid-range shooter that hit 44.6 percent of his long 2s last season and shot 34.5 percent on 3s. He chews up most big men off the dribble, too, with his superior ballhandling skills, but in spite of all that he finished below the league average for power forwards in usage rate.

His rebounding famine is another problem. While Diaw has advantages in most respects at the power forward spot, he rebounds like a wing. His conditioning is part of the issue, plus he's not a leaper and he's a bit undersized. He was second-to-last among power forwards in rebound rate at a pathetic 9.0.

Defensively, Diaw once digested opposing power forwards with ease but increasingly burps up scoring chances. He makes up for being a bit short by having superior strength, which helps his post defense, but his conditioning has slowed him a bit in help defense and he provides nothing on the boards. His defensive numbers had been very strong earlier in this career, but last season they were quite ordinary across the board.

All told, it's tough to swallow the idea that Diaw can remain a starter for long. His PER remains below the league average and he's not providing enough defense to compensate. Relegating him to sixth man while promoting Tyrus Thomas is an idea the Bobcats should chew on.

mathbzh
02-22-2012, 06:25 AM
His conditioning is part of the issue, plus he's not a leaper and he's a bit undersized.
Diaw won the French league dunk contest in 2002 with a dunk from the FT line... time flies :depressed

mountainballer
02-22-2012, 07:04 AM
I assume he hasn't been very happy in Charlotte for some years, so a change of scenery might help to get him motivated. that said, players who turn out of shape at his (young) age usually don't work themself back.
of course the Spurs should sign him, if he is bought out and there is a chance. but I have very little expectations that he could play a significant role. such a move wouldn't solve the need for a quality big, who the Spurs can only get via trade at the deadline.

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2012, 09:10 AM
if his coming here, blair better be sent packing....we cant have 2 whattaburger fulltime members here...

we have the sandwhich maker in bonner here, yet why isnt he providing these guys nutrient samiches

CGD
02-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Excuse the basic question, but even if he (or any player for that matter) is waived in the coming weeks, could the Spurs afford to sign him as a FA? That is, where would the money come from?

The Reckoning
02-25-2012, 07:11 PM
diaw has alot going for him athleticism wise....

but he doesnt give two damns about winning ball games. he's inconsistent and plays like he doesnt care about being there in the first place.

big liability. no winning attitude.

Mal
02-25-2012, 07:50 PM
big liability. no winning attitude.

If your offense was run through DJ Augustin, and first option in attack was Corey Maggette, you also wouldnt care about winning, cause it is impossible.

DPG21920
02-25-2012, 07:57 PM
:lol

Ditty
02-28-2012, 03:30 AM
I have a feeling Diaw will be bought out before this season is over.

If that feeling pans out, Spurs will be the favorites to sign him. IMO

+1

If there willing to spend there mini MLE, and just because of the great relationship with Tony Parker also. Paul Silas seems to hate him so I don't see him finishing the season with the Bobcats. So far he has had a horrible season, but I think it's more of a motivation thing, as when he was motivated in Phoenix he was awesome.

ace3g
03-02-2012, 10:41 PM
After tonight's game vs the Spurs, would you take Diaw if he was bought out?

elemento
03-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Oh yeah

Wild Cobra Kai
03-03-2012, 11:54 PM
If you hate RJ, you'll REALLY hate Doris Meow. They're cut from the same bolt of cloth. Both of them have or have had the talent to be a legit #2 or 3 option in the NBA, but the attitude of a bench warmer.

ace3g
03-23-2012, 01:29 PM
He is on the trading block: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/rumors-scoop-du-jour/bobcats-put-boris-diaw-trading-block-111118479.html

Almost 2 months to the day when I officially thought Diaw was a realistic chance to join the team.

DPG21920
03-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Bruno with the call :tu

Mine might end up being more impressive though:

Bold Prediction: Spurs will make a trade at the deadline and win the title this year.

Darkwaters
03-29-2012, 02:35 PM
The thread title needs to change from "trade target" to "current spur"

lurker23
03-29-2012, 05:27 PM

I find it interesting that the Spurs ended up getting Diaw and Jackson, while giving up RJ, obviously in a much more round-about way. The only thing that didn't come to fruition is Bonner for the #9 pick in the draft, but maybe they'll go for that in a couple months. :lol

Darkwaters
03-29-2012, 11:56 PM
I find it interesting that the Spurs ended up getting Diaw and Jackson, while giving up RJ, obviously in a much more round-about way. The only thing that didn't come to fruition is Bonner for the #9 pick in the draft, but maybe they'll go for that in a couple months. :lol

I can see the threads now....

Thread Title: trade idea

Body: do u think htat we could trade blair+boner+corey joe for a 1st round pick? i think their worth at least hte wariors numer 9 pick. golden state is stupid anyways and just might do it. they took rj from us!!! then let pop and rc do there draft magic and pick the next lebron james!!!!!!!11!!

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::whine:flag::ha t:lobt2::p:

T Park
03-30-2012, 12:24 AM
Bold prediction of the day: Diaw will be Spurs starting PF at the end of the season.

Alright, what are the lottery numbers for the lottery tonight, I could use the scratch...

Bruno
03-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Alright, what are the lottery numbers for the lottery tonight, I could use the scratch...

Well, he isn't starting for the moment but the first couple of steps have been made since he is a Spur.

tesseractive
04-28-2012, 04:52 PM

This is just too spooky. It took to the very end for him to crack the starting lineup, but you nailed it.